Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss (22903 Views)

Abdullahi Gana Appointed As NSCDC Commandant By Buhari / Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. / My Oga At The Top (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by jibsai(m): 8:52pm On May 13, 2013
The former Lagos State Commandant of Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps, NSCDC, Mr. Shem Obafaye, who postulated the ”My Oga at the top” mantra has finally resumed duty as Oyo State Commandant of the security agency.

Obafaye was replaced by Mr. Adesuyi Clement from Oyo State Command after his interview on Channels Television live programme ‘Sunrise’ about two months ago. Since then, no specific assignment was given to him until last week when he was asked to replace Adesuyi officially.

In a telephone conversation with Vanguard, Obafaye promised to discharge his duties with every sense of responsibility. ”I am determined to serve in Oyo State and I know God will help me,” he said.

Mr Shem

Obafaye’s redeployment may not be unconnected with the interview he granted to Channels Television.

His ordeal started when he was asked during the interview the NSCDC website and he said:

“Hmmm, the website is, excuse me, my Oga at the top knows the website”. He again, cleared his throat and said: “My Oga at the top is working on the website and I don’t have them”.

When the presenters insisted that he give a functioning website address of the para-military outfit, he dropped the bombshell: “ww.nscdc that’s all”.

Immediately, the interview went viral and has become so popular to the extent that t-shirts with “my oga at the top” insignia were produced and sold like hot cake across the country. DJs and musicians also did what they called ‘a remix’ of the phrase.

Meanwhile, this latest development has put to an end, speculations that Mr Obafaye had been sacked on the orders of the Minister of Interior, who supervises the NSCDC. But authorities of NSCDC had continuously denied taking any disciplinary action against the embattled commandant.
VIA @vanguardngrnews http:///BEtceBc6AN

2 Likes

Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by lifestyle1(m): 9:29am On May 14, 2013
Thank God for his life.

6 Likes

Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by BANGASOUP1: 9:29am On May 14, 2013
Ist,welcames bock sir
Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by timbs001(m): 9:29am On May 14, 2013
cheesy Thank God he did not lose his job!

2 Likes

Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by Nobody: 9:30am On May 14, 2013
OLUWA gat his Back

3 Likes

Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by samoy(m): 9:30am On May 14, 2013
Thank God for him o

1 Like

Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by lifestyle1(m): 9:30am On May 14, 2013
BANGA SOUP: Ist,welcames bock sir

tongue

1 Like

Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by splashbaby(m): 9:30am On May 14, 2013
I beg make una leave this man alone jare...you people kept stalking him
Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by bedford101(m): 9:31am On May 14, 2013
thats my oga at the top....YES HE IS NOW AN OGA AT THE TOP cheesy

5 Likes

Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by dedons: 9:32am On May 14, 2013
Make una free dis man na

3rd to com

dancing makosa!
Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by nairalad: 9:32am On May 14, 2013
Now that he is the one at the top in Oyo I hope there wont be more dramas referring us to someone else for information.
Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by dulphines: 9:32am On May 14, 2013
Congrats to you. A lot of us who called you names may not have even been able to stand before a live camera. Getover all the gossips and move on with your life.

6 Likes

Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by sexymoma(f): 9:32am On May 14, 2013
That Where fit him... atleast if he commits an error in Constructing simple English they wont understand or they would manage it grin

10 Likes

Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by Stegomiah: 9:33am On May 14, 2013
Hope he has learnt his lesson, am very sure he'll have a phobia ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̶̲̥̅̊ granting interviews, loool.
Btw, is it a promotion or demotion?

2 Likes

Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by Jalal(m): 9:33am On May 14, 2013
Congrats! daz all!

1 Like

Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by Nobody: 9:34am On May 14, 2013
Good

I can categorically tell you that this news is endorsed by Oga at the top
Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by ajasbaba(m): 9:34am On May 14, 2013
i wish all the best,and pls he should know the type of interview he attend henceforth
Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by sexymoma(f): 9:34am On May 14, 2013
dedons: Make una free dis man na

3rd to com

dancing makosa!
Dont you knw maths or probably you finding it difficult to count undecided

6 Likes

Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by greatgod2012(f): 9:35am On May 14, 2013
Wow! he is now "my oga at the top" in Ibadan.

On a serious note, congratulations to him
Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by 1shortblackboy: 9:35am On May 14, 2013
Oga at the top da'alu o

1 Like

Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by Tolexander: 9:36am On May 14, 2013
This news shouldn't be in the politics section but the celebrity section. Of course, the man is now a celeb!

6 Likes

Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by naptu2: 9:37am On May 14, 2013
Stegomiah: Hope he has learnt his lesson, am very sure he'll have a phobia ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̶̲̥̅̊ granting interviews, loool.
Btw, is it a promotion or demotion?

He moved sideways. He was the Commandant in Lagos, he is now the Commandant in Oyo. (They basically did that to take the heat off him).
Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by Saraben(f): 9:37am On May 14, 2013
congrat our oga at d top
Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by Nobody: 9:37am On May 14, 2013
Man of the year 2013

8 Likes

Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by Stegomiah: 9:38am On May 14, 2013
I don't want to say one thing and М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ oga at †ђξ top will say anoda..... How on Earth can I forget dis man, he made me smile uncountable number of times dis year αlσиє, I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ fact he's far more popular dan his Ƨ̲̣̥ø̲̣̣̥ called oga at d top. MR shem tanks for putting a smile on our faces, we want more of dat... You know... You're really a humorous man

16 Likes

Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by tommykiwi(m): 9:40am On May 14, 2013
Capable graduates are out there searching for jobs while those dat don't merit positions are occupying where they are not suppose to be..One day they will embarrase the full country as a whole in foreign soil by speaking jagajaga English...

1 Like

Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by Nobody: 9:41am On May 14, 2013
His Oga at the top must really like in him. Thats why a*ss-licking pays in Nigeria. Even if you embarras the whole country, your Oga at the top will find a "soft landing" for you.

1 Like

Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by Nobody: 9:41am On May 14, 2013
dedons: Make una free dis man na

3rd to com

dancing makosa!
Shey na wit dat ur nokia express music fone dey show you 3rd,abi u don blind ni? abi u never hear of android fones, and 3g enabled fones??If u neve get enough abeg go buy tecno Q1,so dat you nor go dey misbehave for Nairaland again.

1 Like

Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by Kingslaw(m): 9:42am On May 14, 2013
The man just get smilling face wey make arm look like Ismaila.

1 Like

Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by dedons: 9:43am On May 14, 2013
Grace to grass grin
Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by Cholison(m): 9:44am On May 14, 2013
He was sent for a crash programme in computing to aid his fight against vandals in Oxford. He is better equipped to face the challenges from all fronts including the press that almost ruined his career.
Re: My Oga At Top Resumes As NSCDC Oyo State Boss by jdstunt(m): 9:44am On May 14, 2013
Seriously, he is really amusing bt come 2 tihnk of it, the man is determined and bold. Good qualities for an "oga at the top". Well, congrates 4 ur reappointment grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? / Court Orders Police To Pay OurMumuDonDo N50m Over Attack During Protest / Emulate "True Democrat Buhari", APC Tells U.S Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.