Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. (64966 Views)

Transcript Interview Of Commandant Obafaiye Shem At Channelstv#my Oga At The Top / My "Oga At The Top" Obafaiye Shem Sunday Attended UNILAG / My Oga At The Top (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by acidtalk: 11:45pm On Mar 14, 2013
When a certain Nigeria Civil Defence Corp bigwig appeared on Channels Television some days back, a tsunami of various kind of jokes swept the entire airwaves and social media on how the guess kept on referring to his boss several times as "my oga at the top" and how the man basically doesn't know his organizations website address.

People of all ages and class had various Display Pictures on their Blackberry Phones, Twitter, Facebook and other social networking websites.

The mistake we all are making is we aren't concerned if the man was able to give substantial answers to vital questions thrown to him, example is clearing the air of the allegations made by the public that the agency is deep into job racketing.

If after posting dehumanizing jokes, graphical and video image on the man from National Civil Defence Corp it doesn't still bring abount accountability and transparency in the agency, then who is now the big fool? Is it the Man who kept praising "his oga at the top" while still getting kick backs from job racketing and other corruption based practices or the masses who were once making jest of the officer and are still jobless and with no hope of getting a job.

Nigerians should also realize they are doing the Officer more good than harm. Nigeria is a nation operated and governed on the basis of sentiments. Once you superior sees you as someone who is loyal and cool headed, they overlook your very great flaws which may include ignorance, corruption and even sluggishness.

A man who came on National Television to keep showring praises at "his oga at the top" even while being made to look silly is no where a fool. He understand the "Laws Of Power" as well as the Nigerian Hirachy rules and regulations and his acting according to the script perfectly. No one should be surprised if within a few months, this man that is being made jest of today for his ignorance is promoted severally even before his promotion is due.

The current president of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan is a typical example of someone who understands the Nigeria Policy. When his former boss and Governor of Bayelsa was facing allegations of money laundry and embezzlement by the EFCC and Bayelsa State. House Of Assembly, all indications were obvious of his boss impeachment and Jonathan rising to the number one seat of his state as Governor, he (Jonathan) was never in a hurry to take over power. He praised his former boss even after he became governor. Same scenario took place a few years later only this time he assumed the president of Nigeria. Yet with all the many flaws of Jonathan and his government today, never has once Jonathan come out to run down the late President Umar Yaradua or his policies while in power.

There are rules in leadership and followership and the number one binding rule is Loyalty.

For those mocking this man about not knowing his organization's website address, even though it won't stand as an excuse not to know it, do this people also realize that more than 95% of our present Bank CEO's do not also know their bank's website or slogan. Most Nigerian Senators, Honorable members, Ministers and Governors can't recite Nigeria's National Pledge not to talk of the Anthem.

Let's start tackling more inportant issues and look for solutions rather than being engrossed in irrelevant and nonbeneficial discussions.

143 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by acidtalk: 12:01am On Mar 15, 2013
Most graduates who are having a filled day mocking the man cannot speak or write better if given the opportunity,

So many people almost give up the ghost when asked to speak to a few people and here is a man sitting right in front of various camera's knowing fully well that he is being viewed by over 170million people across the globe.

Instead of us mocking his grammatical flaws and lack of technological knowledge, let us ask ourselves if this man that came to represent his agency was able to do justice to clear the air of the corrupt allegations made against his organization or not.

There's obviously a very long way for Nigerian youths to go before getting off the grip of the present day politicians.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by oluwadare26(m): 12:26am On Mar 15, 2013
Ok, but b4 i make any comment on this...., can i ask my Oga at the top?

can't believe this is my most like comment..oga at the top!!!one can't forget d joke in earnest

love u all 4 liking my post

244 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 12:30am On Mar 15, 2013
I need to consult with my Oga At The Top to see if I should stop laughing... cheesy

64 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Bobandgreat: 12:33am On Mar 15, 2013
grin angry ;DWait.....wait. .....but My Oga On Top is seriously making a point. Una no go kill person for this nai..... thats all. grin angry sad grin grin grin

18 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 1:03am On Mar 15, 2013
At op! I understand your patriotism, however, life's too short not to laugh at such ignorance and shameful act. Worrying about the current state of corruption in NAIJA won't save the day, rather, you proffer concrete curative and preventive measures. See! @op! Right now, I can't tell one solution & my oga @ the top say another thing. Daz all.

83 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 1:03am On Mar 15, 2013
The "My Oga at the Top" jokes need not stop in a hurry. The man parried almost all the questions posed at him by either redirecting them to some department or some superior officer somewhere outside of the TV station. I think the longer the tauntings are sustained the better becomes our chances of having accountable individuals as prominent public office holders- the fear of prolonged tauntings should make sure of that. Nigerians are very far from deriving much benefits from their over-a-decade-long democracy; if this blooper eases their tension, I see no reason why they should not enjoy the moment to the fullest; after all, this is a country where the leadership "doesn't give a damn" about upholding oaths made upon assumption of office, though it oughtn't be that way!
Looks to me like the initiator of this thread is ignorant of the multifarious health benefits of laughter. We need more bloopers from the top please!
Don't ever think of telling a whole nation to repress this feeling. It is good! DAZZ ALL!

77 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Oahray: 1:22am On Mar 15, 2013
@op, I would have given you a piece of my mind, but I don't want to announce anything now and my oga at the top will now say it's another one... So... *clears throat* daz all smiley

43 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 4:40am On Mar 15, 2013
Irrelevant thread. I'm sure my oga at the top would agree with me.

41 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 4:59am On Mar 15, 2013
"Plenty grammer" says my oga at the top tongue

15 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by SlyIg(f): 5:43am On Mar 15, 2013
My oga at the top must have send Acidtalk to bring up this thread. Let me not say it sha because i may say it now and my oga at the top will say another thi. Dats all.

19 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by jhydebaba(m): 5:53am On Mar 15, 2013
Celebrating mediocrity embarassed mtsheeew, when our best product are lying idle in the slum, these opportunists are misusing opportunities given to them on a platter of gold.

8 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by free2ryhme: 5:53am On Mar 15, 2013
how does this affect my oga at the top

42 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 6:21am On Mar 15, 2013
True talk....i remember a ministerial nominee failing to recite the national anthem. But next time, i will not support my oga at the top grin

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by mysticgal(f): 6:32am On Mar 15, 2013
nawa for una oh,op just said we should stop this oga at the top craze,and you still continued,sha i will ask my oga......oh sorry.

6 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by SherlockHolmes1(m): 6:36am On Mar 15, 2013
Nigeria is quite tensed so we need some element of laughter anyway we can get it jor... Over serious dey worry the OP. if e too worry you,go and tell my oga at the top. datz all!

14 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Orpelin: 6:45am On Mar 15, 2013
oga OP, stop dis ur sermon for now jo.
This is currently trending thing but I need To Ask My Oga At The Top about ww.ncdsc.datsall

#Dats all 4 now#

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 7:02am On Mar 15, 2013
Please ask if kanye west allowed oga at the top to finish.

Ain't nobody got time for that long grammer.

They be r-apin in oga at the tops neighbourhood. Meanwhile oga at the top has binders full of women.

Das all folks

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 7:05am On Mar 15, 2013
Op should have asked oga at the top about trending internet memes before posting this epistle

An autotuned track may be in the offing

you know how we do - ask oga at the top
Throw them hands up - but ask oga at the top

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 7:35am On Mar 15, 2013
@OP,

These stupid people at the "top" have been f.ucking us left right and centre and laughing at us the masses since Lord-knows-when, and now we get the chance to laugh at their stupidity on National Television, and you're telling us to cut him a slack?? Is it my fault that thousands of intelligent graduates are wasting away while jobs are given out on the basis of "my oga at the top" order? I bet the man doesn't even know how to operate a dam.n computer, and yet he holds such a leadership post? And I'm meant to commend him?? Because

The issue was about dishing out jobs to unmerited souls and we needed to know the correct website to seek for information, since people have been duped with a look-alike website as theirs, and what we got was a disgrace!!!

Dude, nigerians are getting tired of incompetent souls leading us!

88 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by abes(m): 8:04am On Mar 15, 2013
even the oga at the top need to ask another oga at the top

136 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by naptu2: 8:08am On Mar 15, 2013
Is this the "military man" that was defending soldiers who illegally use the BRT lane? I think I'll have to ask my oga at the top. He'll know.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by ochukoccna: 8:51am On Mar 15, 2013
ItsModella: Irrelevant thread. I'm sure my oga at the top would agree with me.
My oga at the top told me to you to tell your oga at the top to tell acidtalk's oga at the top this is an irrelevant thread and that seun's oga at the top not to let this thread make front page so as not to offend Mr Shem's oga at the top. cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Pukkah: 9:09am On Mar 15, 2013
@ OP, why are you bothering yourself over something that, whether or not you like it, will die a natural death.

Don't try to stop or counter this joke as it is still trending. Naturally, it'll get to its tipping point and fade off.

Forget the fact that most of the people poking fun at the man cannot string together or spell three correct sentences or would even do worse if put in the man's shoes.

For now, let them have their fun. Shebi Akpos don rest small. Patience nko?

By the way and on a lighter note, can't the man quickly rush to register the 'my oga at the top' brand before the smart fashionistas, actors/actresses, musicians, etc squeeze out all its business potentials?

Afterall, he is the undisputed initiator, originator and owner of 'myogaatthetop' brand. He should hurry before it's too late.

25 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria / Pastor Paul Eneche Blasts Governors / Osinbajo, Atiku, Tinubu: Who Would You Prefer As President Among The 3 In 2023?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.