Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,685 members, 7,813,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City (20194 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Roberto Mancini Has Been Sacked By Manchester City. / FA Cup Win Can't Save Roberto Mancini From Manchester City Exit... / Balotelli And Mancini In Training Ground Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by eastOFwest(m): 2:18am On May 14, 2013
EmmyDe25: Just confirmed now from sky sport news that Roberto Mancini has been sacked havent failed to achieve any of the requirements the managements set for this season.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2013/May/Club-statement-13-May-2013

Who cares?!! 50 mourners killed by Fulani herdsmen in benue state and you are discussing Man City and Mancini??!!
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Presbulg(m): 2:21am On May 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
You mean that they didn't spend Millions signing them but spent Millions on them to get them relegated.

Please we won the FA Cup and the Premier League. This season we were runners up in the League and FA Cup.

If you are honest to yourself Man Utd Wouldn't have toppled Real Madrid ir Dortmund if they were in City's group.
anything would have happened mancity just failed to rise on big occasions this season..this season much was expected of them and i think the pressure on them made them crumble
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Nobody: 2:23am On May 14, 2013
Presbulg:
anything would have happened mancity just failed to rise on big occasions this season..this season much was expected of them and i think the pressure on them made them crumble
Exactly. They were not used to being addressed as "English champions", and were a little lackadaisical this season. If not for individual brilliance, the likes of Southampton would have claimed all 3 points at the Etihad.

At least, Chelsea were able to win back-to-back league titles cool
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:24am On May 14, 2013
CFCfan:

GBAM! United would have, at best, finished 3rd in that group with 4 points cheesy
I use God beg Uefa, no more group of death. It is just miracle Dortmund didn't give us like 6-0. Please ˚°ºO!! Uefa give us an easier group like ManUtd last season With Otelu Galeti not sure of the spelling and FC Basel and they still got knocked out.

Give us that kind of group and we can for once end this not passing the group stage.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Presbulg(m): 2:27am On May 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
I use God beg Uefa, no more group of death. It is just miracle Dortmund didn't give us like 6-0. Please ˚°ºO!! Uefa give us an easier group like ManUtd last season With Otelu Galeti not sure of the spelling and FC Basel and they still got knocked out.

Give us that kind of group and we can for once end this not passing the group stage.

if you guys want an easy group, the team has to work for it by qualifying doing well in the champions league smiley
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by BodyKiss(m): 2:27am On May 14, 2013
ddippset: manchini did very well domestically. man city was never a top 4 club. even with the billions spent nobody should have expected him to dethrone the more established quartet of liverpool, arsenal, chelsea and man united so fast. these 4 clubs are not there for play, so in england he did very well. my problem with him was in europe. he always had the misfortune of being in the groups of death in the champions league and i could pardon him for not qualifying to the second round after just 2 attempts but gaining only 3 points without even a home victory was just pathetic. anyway i would have given him one more chance to make the QF in europe. do not worry manchini you will get another big job sooner rather than later.

You should look up the meaning of the word "dethrone". He may have dethroned Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool, but not Man United. Though I don't support his sacking, but he didn't win the title last season, Man United lost it. He was expecting same to happen this season, but was disappointed.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:29am On May 14, 2013
CFCfan:
Exactly. They were not used to being addressed as "English champions", and were a little lackadaisical this season. If not for individual brilliance, the likes of Southampton would have claimed all 3 points at the Etihad.

At least, Chelsea were able to win back-to-back league titles cool

It is just that people keep saying Man City is an expensive team and forgetting it takes quality to win and defend titles.

Can you compare the names of the Chelsea defending team to this City team?

Deco, Malouda, Shevshenko, Ballack, Essien, Drogba, Kezman, Shwan Wright Phillips, Ashley Cole and they were more.

Mancini stressed that he needed reinforcemnts and Gary Cook gave him Sinclair and Rodwell.

If he got De Rossi and Van Persie, you all know it would have been a different season. Fighting Man Utd in England ain't easy.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by BodyKiss(m): 2:34am On May 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Coming second in the EPL and making it to the FA Cup finals in the same season isn't beans. How is that performing Woefully?

He asked the board for Reinforcements with the exodus of players from Man City including Adebayor, Shawn Wright Phillips, Adam Johnson etc. He wanted Van Persie, De Rossi and some other players. Yet he got none.

His biggest mistake was not dropping Joe Hart for Pantilimon this season. Joe Hart caused us a lot of games like the Liverpool game, Southhampton, Real Madrid first leg, the FA Cup finals against Wigan.

Well all the best to Mancini.

He wanted the whole world.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:37am On May 14, 2013
BodyKiss:

You should look up the meaning of the word "dethrone". He may have dethroned Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool, but not Man United. Though I don't support his sacking, but he didn't win the title last season, Man United lost it. He was expecting same to happen this season, but was disappointed.
Yes Fergusin lost it but Mancini didn't lose it by Joe Hart's errors against QPR, Liverpool, Southampton. Please accept it you guys lost last season. Season before last, Mancini knocked you guys out of the FA Cup. Beat you guys 6-1 at Old trafford. Beat Tottenham, I think 5-0 at White Hart Lane. Beat United back to back at Old Trafford.

Even Chelsea fans agree that Mancini is good. Beating Chelsea I think 3 times this season.

Mancini didn't get his chance to go for the players he wanted.

Man City led Man Utd with Gap by december, with Yaya going for the nations cup and Kompqny getting a stupid Red card Man Utd climbed back. Yet you guys say Man City didn't win, Man Utd lost it.

When Arsene led Man Utd with 9 points and lost the league, I guess Fergie didn't win it.

grin

1 Like

Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Presbulg(m): 2:40am On May 14, 2013
I see man city in another group of death next season btw coz they'v dropped from seed 2 to 3 dur to d fact that they fail to win a single match in this year's champions league....#badnews
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by tyson55(m): 2:43am On May 14, 2013
Man-management style cost Mancini. The Bollotelli training ground bust up comes to mind here. Where photos showed the pair having to be separated by staff and team-mates at Carrington training ground.

The Carlos Tevez affair, where Mancini accuses the argentine of refusing to come up as a substitute in a match and Mancini saying Carlos is finished at Man city.

Midfielder Samir Nasri criticised Mancini after the manager claimed he wanted to "punch" the Frenchman for his inconsistent displays earlier this year, while goalkeeper Joe Hart was rebuked for criticising the side following a 3-2 Champions League loss at Real Madrid in September.

1 Like

Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:43am On May 14, 2013
Presbulg: I see man city in another group of death next season btw coz they'v dropped from seed 2 to 3 dur to d fact that they fail to win a single match in this year's champions league....#badnews
Malaga were freshers and got an easy group. We don't know how the seeds will place. What I know, nothing can be worse than last season, being in a group of all league Champions.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:50am On May 14, 2013
tyson55: Man-management style cost Mancini. The Bollotelli training ground bust up comes to mind here. Where photos showed the pair having to be separated by staff and team-mates at Carrington training ground.

The Carlos Tevez affair, where Mancini accuses the argentine of refusing to come up as a substitute in a match and Mancini saying Carlos is finished at Man city.

Midfielder Samir Nasri criticised Mancini after the manager claimed he wanted to "punch" the Frenchman for his inconsistent displays earlier this year, while goalkeeper Joe Hart was rebuked for criticising the side following a 3-2 Champions League loss at Real Madrid in September.

First of all, no bust up with Balotelli, Balo tackled Sinclair who just returned from a surgery and Mancini dragged him off the field for not caring about the state of his teammate. The press blew it out of proportion.

As for Tevez, he never liked Mancini from day one because of the sacking of Mark Hughes. Remember Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Robinho, Petrov all left. Mancini fought to keep Tevez because of the high rate of quality players.
So he has clearly tried to manage Tevez situation.

As for Nasri, he stopped putting in effort becase he believes he will be moving to Monaco and didn't want to get injured. Mancini had to embarrass him publicly to get him playing. That is man management.

You will say Mourinho is a good Man Manager but he couldn't manage Adriano and Balotelli the way Mancini did.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by BodyKiss(m): 3:02am On May 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
Yes Fergusin lost it but Mancini didn't lose it by Joe Hart's errors against QPR, Liverpool, Southampton. Please accept it you guys lost last season. Season before last, Mancini knocked you guys out of the FA Cup. Beat you guys 6-1 at Old trafford. Beat Tottenham, I think 5-0 at White Hart Lane. Beat United back to back at Old Trafford.

Even Chelsea fans agree that Mancini is good. Beating Chelsea I think 3 times this season.

Mancini didn't get his chance to go for the players he wanted.

Man City led Man Utd with Gap by december, with Yaya going for the nations cup and Kompqny getting a stupid Red card Man Utd climbed back. Yet you guys say Man City didn't win, Man Utd lost it.

When Arsene led Man Utd with 9 points and lost the league, I guess Fergie didn't win it.

grin

The way you go about with this beating Man Utd of a thing just shows how achieving that's to you City fans. Now you want to use Yaya's absence as an excuse, I could remember vividly well that the same Yaya and his brother Kolo left City for African nations cup, and was even absent for a long period last season. That's the same season Man United lost the title to City.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by tyson55(m): 3:04am On May 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
First of all, no bust up with Balotelli, Balo tackled Sinclair who just returned from a surgery and Mancini dragged him off the field for not caring about the state of his teammate. The press blew it out of proportion.

As for Tevez, he never liked Mancini from day one because of the sacking of Mark Hughes. Remember Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Robinho, Petrov all left. Mancini fought to keep Tevez because of the high rate of quality players.
So he has clearly tried to manage Tevez situation.

As for Nasri, he stopped putting in effort becase he believes he will be moving to Monaco and didn't want to get injured. Mancini had to embarrass him publicly to get him playing. That is man management.

You will say Mourinho is a good Man Manager but he couldn't manage Adriano and Balotelli the way Mancini did.

You can't deny the fact that, there wasn't the togetherness between player and manager. You have never heard the players come out and back their manager and that sticks in the mind. You cannot come out and criticise your players publicly. Who does that?
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by BodyKiss(m): 3:06am On May 14, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: This is how Africa/African should treat our leaders, you don't deliver you are sacked.

City for live, let's bring pelligrini, and falcao cool

Sorry, Falcao is gone. Gone to Monaco.

2 Likes

Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Gbenge77(m): 3:06am On May 14, 2013
With the collosal amount at his disposal,and the collosal players at his disposal,he had to deliver a collosal silverware,in order to be considered a collosal coach.
He fully deserved the boot.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:10am On May 14, 2013
BodyKiss:

The way you go about with this beating Man Utd of a thing just shows how achieving that's to you City fans. Now you want to use Yaya's absence as an excuse, I could remember vividly well that the same Yaya and his brother Kolo left City for African nations cup, and was even absent for a long period last season. That's the same season Man United lost the title to City.
I already said that last season, Man City was leading Man Utd wity about 8 or 9 points. Then Yaya went for the Nations Cup and Konpany got a dodgy Red Card in the Man Utd game. That was the period Man Utd closed and overtook City.

Also Man Utd is the greatest club in EPL history. I am not like others who can't agree someone has done well.

Whooping Man Utd at Old Trafford and Winning Man Utd back to back at Old trafford is a remarkable achievement.

Beatung Chelsea 3 times in a season is unheard of. This is because Chelsea is a formidable force in Europe and were the European Champions.

Unlike you guys who were jumping up and down when Van Persie's free-Kick went in at Etihad. Yet you guys pretend Mancini performed woefully.
grin

1 Like

Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by yemmy19(m): 3:12am On May 14, 2013
Nuzo':

That's not the issue.
The issue is that he entered into an agreement with Man-city and he didn't meet up.

He had to be let off!

Remember, while the contract ran, he was given all the necessary assistance needed.

It means Morinho should be shown his way out for winning a major trophy,a copa del rey and a spanish super cup in three years cos Mancini won dsame thing under his tutelage.....some players αяє poo in Τ̅ђα̲̅τ team....datz all
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Nobody: 3:12am On May 14, 2013
BodyKiss:

Sorry, Falcao is gone. Gone to Monaco.
. shocked shocked

Then let's bring cavani

1 Like

Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:14am On May 14, 2013
tyson55:

You can't deny the fact that, there wasn't the togetherness between player and manager. You have never heard the players come out and back their manager and that sticks in the mind. You cannot come out and criticise your players publicly. Who does that?
Just as Tevez, Adebayor, and co. Stood by Mark Hughes and he got axed.

Togetherness? Are you not hearing a lot of players are going. Many of them will be losing their huge wages. That was why they lacked passion in the FA Cup game. Their cries won't hold water because they are as good as sacked.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Nobody: 3:16am On May 14, 2013
Or bentenke

1 Like

Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:17am On May 14, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: . shocked shocked

Then let's bring cavani
will be an influx of young midfield maestros before a striker. Pellegrini is the coach that made names like Riquelme, Cazorla, Senna, Isco forces in Europe.

With the Tiki Tka philosophy, we should be looking at Midfielders before Cavani.

I believe Pellegrini's long wanted success is close.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Nobody: 3:19am On May 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
will be an influx of young midfield maestros before a striker. Pellegrini is the coach that made names like Riquelme, Cazorla, Senna, Isco forces in Europe.

With the Tiki Tka philosophy, we should be looking at Midfielders before Cavani.

Even if he brings all the tiki-taka masters, Yaya Toure and Silva should remain in the starting 11
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:26am On May 14, 2013
Gbenge 77: With the collosal amount at his disposal,and the collosal players at his disposal,he had to deliver a collosal silverware,in order to be considered a collosal coach.
He fully deserved the boot.
These Collosal players, are they Barry, Milner, Sinclair, Rodwell. Young Nastasic, Clichy, Nasri. The collosal force in City are Yaya, Kompany Silva and Aguero. Tevez mind was never there.

If we want to talk of squad depth, look at Bayern with Muller, Kroos, Schweinseiger, Shaqiri, Robben, Ribery, Lahm, Alaba, Pizzarro, Manzukic, Mario Gomez, Javi Martinez etc.

Look at Mourinho's Premier league defending team, look at Rijkaard's barcelonam

Look at the present Madrid team with CR7, Benzema, Higuain, Kaka, Ozil, Di Maria, Modric, Essien, Alonso, Marcelo, Khedira.

Please.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:29am On May 14, 2013
CFCfan:

Even if he brings all the tiki-taka masters, Yaya Toure and Silva should remain in the starting 11
These Barca guys brought Yaya to Barca, he is in. As for Silva I believe he lies in the Spanish style they want.

Remember Yaya was given a new contract.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:37am On May 14, 2013
CFCfan:

Aguero will stay. These execs tried signing him to Barca when he was at Independiente. That was before he went to Athletico.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:42am On May 14, 2013
tyson55:
. You cannot come out and criticise your players publicly. Who does that?
Alex Ferguson when Ronaldhino was Breaking Johnny Evans waist in the Man Utd match against AC Milan.

Ferguson hala the guy fear entered Evans bones.

cheesy
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:50am On May 14, 2013

When asked about being sacked by Real like Pellegrini, Mourinho replied: ‘The difference is that I won’t go to Malaga, I’ll go to a big club.’
grin grin
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by Nobody: 3:57am On May 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

I don't think we need a midfielder, tho
I think we should go for a striker and help aguero, he works too much and need help in attack
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:23am On May 14, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

I think we should go for a striker and help aguero, he works too much and need help in attack
Nasri was meant to compliment Silva and make our midfield fluid but he never reached that height.

Pellegrini will play his 4-4-2 formation with a poacher upfront and a striker playing as an attacking midfielder.

I think Tevez is burnt out. So Cavani may come in for Tevez, Isco for Nasri, Pedro Leon of Getafe might also be brought in.

So a midfield of Isco, Silva, Pedro Leon and Yaya in dmf.

Fernandhino of Sharkhtar might be A sub for Yaya and a lot of young talented midfielders like Sergi Roberto, Araujo, maybe Iago from Tottenham.

Pellegrini likes developing young players. Then few from the Academy to make the English quota, Helan, Rekik, Lopes, Wabara, Boyata, Pozo, Suarez. That is what I feel will take place.
Re: Roberto Mancini Sacked By Manchester City by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:27am On May 14, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

A young Striker from South America might be added or Pellegrini might work on Guidetti.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 11th January 2014 / Arsenal Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 1) On 14th March 2021 / Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 0) - Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.