Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Uniform For Lagos Commercial Bus-Drivers & Conductors - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uniform For Lagos Commercial Bus-Drivers & Conductors (12488 Views)

Oshiomhole Ditches Khakhi Uniform For Designer Suits (Photos) / We Aren’t Bus Conductors That Ask For Change – Patience Jonathan. / Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uniform For Lagos Commercial Bus-Drivers & Conductors by madjune(m): 3:32pm On May 14, 2013
WILL THIS STOP CONDUCTOR AND AGBERO ON THE STREETS? NOOO.
Re: Uniform For Lagos Commercial Bus-Drivers & Conductors by Revolva(m): 5:47pm On May 14, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin every body in Lagos..wil npow look like prisoners...hahaha na wa oo i just cant stop laffing falling off my chair grin grin grin grin grin[i][/i]
Re: Uniform For Lagos Commercial Bus-Drivers & Conductors by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 14, 2013
Mad Cow:

And how does a uniform guarantee security?! Armed robbers rob with Police uniforms, army uniforms and even NSCDC uniforms. Uniforms are a dime a dozen.

I want passengers to be able to know their driver by name from the moment they enter a bus. I want the passengers to be able to know the full details of a conductor immediately they enter a bus. that way, if Driver X drives like a fucktrad, I can simply call the shortcode number and report him. If ndi 'One Chance' corners me inside Driver X's bus, I will be able to tell the Police the name of the driver and conductor complete with bus number. That my friend is security.

I will have to agree with this mad cow! shocked
Re: Uniform For Lagos Commercial Bus-Drivers & Conductors by 4just: 6:40pm On May 14, 2013
Misplaced priority, wat about d street urchins, and touts that are harrassing the life of thes drivers and conductors? Wat is been done about them? Before we can now tlk about unforms
Re: Uniform For Lagos Commercial Bus-Drivers & Conductors by Cipriani(m): 8:17pm On May 14, 2013
coonz: Nothing good can come out of NURTW. Very soon we will start seeing torn uniforms and these conductors and drivers will look more like mad men.

Illiteracy is no more an excuse for their excesses!

On Point....madmen will now fill up the roads and public buses
Re: Uniform For Lagos Commercial Bus-Drivers & Conductors by Cipriani(m): 8:29pm On May 14, 2013
hardbody: I pity passengers oo. Let us even analyze it this way. THose drivers and conductors work till close to midnight, they get to park their buses and either sleep inside them or at the garage and this is after having taken enough epetesi and paraga plus chairman, monkey tail and awapa. After which they sleep with the cloths they have on them (you call it uniform so be it). They wake up next morning as early as 4.30am and start shouting yaba yaba yaba yaba yabaaaaa, etc. Then they repeat the same process everyday and every night from Monday till friday and partly on saturday and sunday. When will they find time to wash the 'miniform'?

Una go fear putrid smell na....

People will be falling sick on the basis of typhoid because of inhalation of terrible agbalagba odour.

Truth is we havent gotten there yet.

You must definitely be a comedian

grin grin grin grin
Re: Uniform For Lagos Commercial Bus-Drivers & Conductors by Cipriani(m): 8:35pm On May 14, 2013
Seriously, Fashola has not gotten his priorities straight. He just wakes up any morning and comes up with stupid policies. Yet, he keeps on setting up agencies LASRRA, LASEMA, LASAMBUS, LASA THIS, LASA THAT all in a bid to steal money and put politicians kids and families in an office just to get free salaries.

There are so many issues with Lagos state that needs urgent attention and all his government can come up with is uniform for drivers and conductors.

Fashola and his cohort are sick.
angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Uniform For Lagos Commercial Bus-Drivers & Conductors by 360command: 8:53pm On May 14, 2013
We don't need uniforms , we need the buses to be decongested. Fashola, I don tire to be packed like sardines inside yellow bus.
Re: Uniform For Lagos Commercial Bus-Drivers & Conductors by softangel(m): 9:38pm On May 14, 2013
Tolexander: They should remember to mandate cleanliness of the uniform for these people cos it won't be funny how the uniforms will look in few days after the implementation of the uniform wearing

As in ehn, u couldn't have been more correct.
Re: Uniform For Lagos Commercial Bus-Drivers & Conductors by softangel(m): 9:48pm On May 14, 2013
Mad Cow: [b]Another beautifully stupid idea from Lagos State Government.

The Drivers and Conductors currently in lagos that have no dresscode restriction already smell worse than the Lagos carnal, is it now when you restrict their dressing that they would start washing their uniforms?! This is utter nonsense. Lagosians dont give a rats ass what the drivers are wearing, what they want is for these drivers to be properly regulated by the government (NOT NURTW).

- Like the yellow cabs of New York, all Bus drivers should be mandated to display their drivers licence and vehicle registration/permit (in-form a a large sticker) visibly in the bus. This sticker must carry the drivers face on it. Same for conductors.
- All conductors should be registered with an agency and be given and numbered vest and Large font government/agency issued I.D card which they must be mandated to wear visibly at all times. This agency should be responsible for regulating the activities of conductors including the nonsense attitude of hanging on a moving bus with the door wide open, e.t.c.
- A Telephone number (Preferably a shortcode number like 555) for reports and complaints against drivers should be also given to the public and be displayed in the vehicle at all times. This line should be used for reporting badly behaved drivers and also report cases were a bus is being used for criminal activities.

A slow phasing out of certain buses should also comence. This is 2013, Molue has no place in the future we are all aspiring towards. Danfo sef should now be extinct. slowly phase ou these buses and replace them with only one or two brands of buses for uniformity sake. Overloading of vehicles should also stop. e.t.c

There is so much work to be done in sanitizing the transprot system of Lagos (and Nigeria) and uniforms is not one of them. More than three quarters of the bus drivers are not even properly trained to drive, dont know traffic rules and signs, have zero manners, e.t.c.

P.S Fashola!! How about making these bus drivers all get premium comprehensive insurance. I know its expensive, but they can under the aegis of NURTW come together and buy a group/fleet insurance. But it must be comprehensive. So that these bus Drivers will know that they have a lot to lose if they keep driving recklessly. The terms of the insurance must also cover compensation for deaths and injuries resulting from the bad driving of the driver and or his conductor. Thats what I and many Nigerian will love to see. God knows NURTW already makes so much money off of these drivers as it is and they dont account for it to anyone.[/b]

Ogaaaa, eazy!!! Wetin? Na earth we still dey abeg. Ahn ahn, is it not step by step? Or u want to totally run transport workers out of biz? so that they ll now become men of the UNDER..sth. Plz o, we ll get there with time.
Re: Uniform For Lagos Commercial Bus-Drivers & Conductors by signalpower: 10:43pm On May 14, 2013
femoree2: where do drivers and conductors make 200k monthly.....that's hardly true shocked
it is tue, they make that amount, everyday some go home with 10000 or more, multiply it by 30 days and see how much they are making
Re: Uniform For Lagos Commercial Bus-Drivers & Conductors by jidoh: 11:08pm On May 14, 2013
is actualy a nice and brilliant concept but my point here is the continuity.When another govt comes he comes up with a new idea and suspend the existing one.there is actualy need to make it a law and for as many govt coming in,they should adopt it.
Re: Uniform For Lagos Commercial Bus-Drivers & Conductors by Rexnegro(m): 1:31am On May 15, 2013
FASHOLA thumbs up on this one Jare, I have always thought about this.....for safety,security And orderliness....
Re: Uniform For Lagos Commercial Bus-Drivers & Conductors by jaywilliams(f): 7:00am On May 15, 2013
thumbs up to BRF. This is a very good initiative but im sure those guys will hardly ever wash them so the govt shld insist on dark colours and durable fabrics
grin
Re: Uniform For Lagos Commercial Bus-Drivers & Conductors by teskyg: 7:03am On May 15, 2013
Misplaced priority.They should first of all focus on decongest Lagos Road of rickity Buses,enusre the remaining ones are tested and trained before proceeding on any other restructuring process.Sometime I wonder how people in power think.
Re: Uniform For Lagos Commercial Bus-Drivers & Conductors by seaman007: 9:36am On May 15, 2013
Please don't to give them small purse to tie around there
Waste,a pair of black shoes,a bag for carring lunch,Biro and jotter to
Write those that will be collecting change.
Infact give them black board were they can pronounce words like
OSHO ____ To OSHODI
Keya. _____ TO ikeja
Juelegba____ TO ojuelegba
Kodu o o_____ TO IKORODU
Apere________ TO ALAPERE
EKO NI BAJE
Re: Uniform For Lagos Commercial Bus-Drivers & Conductors by optimax(m): 9:55am On May 15, 2013
good move by lagos government modernising lagos

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yemi Osinbajo Presides Over Economic Management Team Meeting In Abuja - Photos / 2023: Ahmed Lawan Refutes Reports Of Withdrawal, Says He Will Win Primary / Gift Worlu Resigns As Rivers State Commissioner For Housing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.