Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,275 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

50 Cent And Alicia Keys Having A Fight - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 50 Cent And Alicia Keys Having A Fight (1472 Views)

Bobby Brown And Alicia Etheredge-brown Throw Baby Shower [photos] / 50 Cent And Floyd Mayweather Exchange Insults On Twitter / 50 Cent And Ciara Are Now A Couple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

50 Cent And Alicia Keys Having A Fight by ckz: 5:53pm On Apr 21, 2008
I saw this article on internet and i think it is nonesense because she is right by saying what she says.

http://www.eurweb.com/story/eur42774.cfm

Despite repeated explanations that her recent comments about gangsta rap were taken out of context, Alicia Keys has been criticized and dismissed by self-proclaimed gangsta rapper 50 Cent.

In an interview with Blender magazine, Keys was quoted as saying, "Gangsta rap was a ploy to convince black people to kill each other." The Grammy-winner has since released a statement claiming her words were "misrepresented."

"The point that I was trying to make was that the term was over-sloganized by some of the media causing reactions that were not always positive," Keys said in her statement. "Many of the 'gangsta rap' lyrics articulate the problems of the artists' experiences and I think all of us, including our leaders, could be doing more to address these problems including drugs, gang violence, crime, and other related social issues."

50 Cent isn't buying her clarification, telling the media outlet Showbuzz that in his eyes, she is now in the same category as Oprah Winfrey, an outspoken critic of gangsta rap.

"I don't like people who don't like me , that statement changes my perception of Alicia Keys totally. It's just not really a bright comment," said 50.

Re: 50 Cent And Alicia Keys Having A Fight by Uche2nna(m): 5:58pm On Apr 21, 2008
50 is always quick to reply. Love him or hate , he is always gat something to say grin

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Women Vs. Bollywood Women / AfropolitanEXP Interviews Nigerian Singer Tiwa Savage / An Open Letter To D'banj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.