Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,192 members, 7,845,911 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? (1000 Views)

A Legend Is Gone / Seun Osewa As A Evangelist. / What Makes A Legend/when Is Somebody Considered A Legend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by waleadex(m): 9:10am On May 14, 2013
I am opportuned to be a member of one organisation called "Patriots Of Purpose" and almost all the members in the organisation are Nairalanders. We are planning our award night programme sometime in July and I personally recommended Seun Osewa to be awarded as a "Youthful Living Legend" but I got opposed by 1/3 of the population at the last meeting. Meanwhile, I am expected at the next meeting to butress my point on his recommendation. I quite agree Seun Osewa,owner of Nairaland is a celebrity but do you see him as a legend yet? What's legendary about him? What's legendary about his work "Nairaland"?

Please share your thoughts!
Re: Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by dopeJemi: 9:54am On May 14, 2013
what history does he have, what record has he broken, is he very welL known by alL.. Check d dictionary 4 who a Legend is

Seun is not yet a Legend
Re: Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by waleadex(m): 9:56am On May 14, 2013
dopeJemi: what history does he have, what record has he broken, is he very welL known by alL.. Check d dictionary 4 who a Legend is

Seun is not yet a Legend

I am sure you know there's no just one meaning for it. My longman dictionary defines a Legend as someone who is famous and admired for being extremely good at doing something. So,how about that?
Re: Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by Seun(m): 9:46am On May 15, 2013
I don't know whether I'm a legend, but I've certainly broken records through my role as the founder and manager of Nairaland. Nairaland is the most frequently visited African website in the world, according to Alexa. That's something!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by Nobody: 9:53am On May 15, 2013
Seun: I don't know whether I'm a legend, but I've certainly broken records through my role as the founder and manager of Nairaland. Nairaland is the most frequently visited African website in the world, according to Alexa. That's something!
Re: Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by Acidosis(m): 10:10am On May 15, 2013
Seun: I don't know whether I'm a legend, but I've certainly broken records through my role as the founder and manager of Nairaland. Nairaland is the most frequently visited African website in the world, according to Alexa. That's something!
Re: Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by Lilimax(f): 10:16am On May 15, 2013
Re: Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by valicious1(m): 10:19am On May 15, 2013
4 ur mind.

1 Like

Re: Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by Rhino5dm: 10:33am On May 15, 2013
Re: Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by LesbianBoy(m): 10:33am On May 15, 2013
Stop blowing your trumpet jor! *breaks coke bottle on his head* angry
Re: Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by waleadex(m): 10:45am On May 15, 2013
...enough to indeed make you a legend.
Re: Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by icebebe(f): 10:49am On May 15, 2013
In some years 2 com YES! Buh 4 Nø̲̣̣W̶̲̥̅̊ nt really,n suld i add that
Nairaland has taken over facebook
Re: Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by adonismuller(m): 10:58am On May 15, 2013
Ƒσя ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ he is a legend! I prefer nairaland tu facebuk by amilli....naigerians neva appreciate wat dey have!
Re: Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by dopeJemi: 10:58am On May 15, 2013
that's an achievement buh stilL doesn't make u a Legend, Like sum1 said, 'in some years 2 come' even mark zuckerberg is not yet a Legend, I no dey beef u oh, shud I say u r everyother thing but a Legend, u wilL sureLy be a Legend someday buh dat day hasn't come
Re: Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by waleadex(m): 11:00am On May 15, 2013
icebebe: In some years 2 com YES! Buh 4 Nø̲̣̣W̶̲̥̅̊ nt really,n suld i add that
Nairaland has taken over facebook

Ah ah....
Re: Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by Nobody: 11:05am On May 15, 2013

You are a legend! Don't mind badu belle...eJelosy ....eJump and pass dem smiley

You were even supposed to be in that Africa submit..

Pls, seun, leave your hole once in a while and go out! Who knows, you might meet and marry someone like dangote favorite daughter.

But you have to go out once a while. Just leave Nairaland server for me to manage when u go out!

Am a good manager! smiley
Re: Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by Jeezyy(m): 11:16am On May 15, 2013
at least he deserve an award even though he might not be a legend 'yet', being known by over 1million people no be beans
Re: Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by Dyt(f): 11:26am On May 15, 2013
Oh yh, he is one, with over a million users but let him jst put up d de-activation button and watch how d million user will reduce to hundred

1 Like

Re: Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by icebebe(f): 11:34am On May 15, 2013
Vikin:

You are a legend! Don't mind badu belle...eJelosy ....eJump and pass dem smiley

You were even supposed to be in that Africa submit..

Pls, seun, leave your hole once in a while and go out! Who knows, you might meet and marry someone like dangote favorite daughter.

But you have to go out once a while. Just leave Nairaland server for me to manage when u go out!

Am a good manager! smiley
and what's soh special abot meetin dangote's favourite daughter?
Re: Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by Jeezyy(m): 12:56pm On May 15, 2013
Dyt: Oh yh, he is one, with over a million users but let him jst put up d de-activation button and watch how d million user will reduce to hundred
lolx...quite true u know, wonders y der's no deactivate button
Re: Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by Rhino5dm: 1:12pm On May 15, 2013
Dyt: Oh yh, he is one, with over a million users but let him jst put up d de-activation button and watch how d million user will reduce to hundred

Jeezyy: lolx...quite true u know, wonders y der's no deactivate button

I guess he is the one stopping you from leaving by putting a gun to your head and forcing you to post? Ewu!
Re: Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 15, 2013
Just stop logging in.

I get pretty amazed when people will conciously log into nairaland by their own accord and still ask for deactivation when they can easily stop logging in. I don't think seun forces anyone to log in. You are here because you want to be here. He didn't force you to join, he didn't force you to login, he didn't force you to comment.--

Deactivate yourself. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by Dyt(f): 1:47pm On May 15, 2013
Rotfl
So u ppl are actually makin eba cos of my post?
Buhahaahahhahaahahaahhahaha
Re: Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by okeyxyz(m): 2:19pm On May 15, 2013
waleadex:

I am sure you know there's no just one meaning for it. My longman dictionary defines a Legend as someone who is famous and admired for being extremely good at doing something. So,how about that?

So what is @Seun extremely good at doing?
Re: Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 15, 2013
adonismuller: Ƒσя ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ he is a legend! I prefer nairaland tu facebuk by amilli....naigerians neva appreciate wat dey have!

[size=13pt]Seconded! I've actually abandoned Facebook thanks to Nairaland... Twitter to an extent too lol.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by dopeJemi: 3:38pm On May 15, 2013
waleadex:

sir Alex, MandeLa, bob MarLey, dese r Legends, Seun is just starting, when did nairaLand hit 1milLion users? Just months ago, when did nairaLand bcom d most visited site, months ago, Seun correct Me if I'm wrong oh, so if i make a time machine nau and I bcom famous 4 it within 3months, wilL u calL me a Legend?
Re: Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by Nobody: 5:45am On May 16, 2013

So humble-like even when semi-bragging cool
Re: Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by Kslib(m): 4:49pm On May 16, 2013
Seun is an inspiration not a legend!! Una even know what it takes to be regarded as a legend sef... No doubt,seun has achieved something very big,but he is not a "LE" not to even talk of "GEND"...
Re: Do You See Seun Osewa As A Legend Yet? by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 17, 2013
sexkillz: Just stop logging in.

I get pretty amazed when people will conciously log into nairaland by their own accord and still ask for deactivation when they can easily stop logging in. I don't think seun forces anyone to log in. You are here because you want to be here. He didn't force you to join, he didn't force you to login, he didn't force you to comment.--

Deactivate yourself. Simple.

C'mon man, that isn't a good enough excuse, it is not just about stopping yourself from logging in(that can be done easily by deleting your email and changing your nairaland password to something you would never remember), it's about getting rid of something and knowing it is no longer there. Let's be honest, nobody likes to have stuff they are not using. If you are no longer in need of your Facebook account, you would like to delete it, same thing with Twitter, 2go, and the rest of them. As humans we do not like to keep stuff, to have a part of ourselves out there even when it is not affecting us. I mean it's just like you no longer being in need of a physical object at home, it might not be of any disturbance to you, but you would still like to get rid of it. It's only people with mental problems that hoard things they do not use. Besides, your excuse, even if it was acceptable, still wouldn't justify the fact that seun is taking advantage of the non-existence of a delete button to hoard non-existent users.

I personally believe if seun was more open to opinions from members, he wouldn't have to stoop so low. Nairaland will be a rocket in terms of registrations. I was there this week, wanting to have my way with things, thinking others were so simple minded. But I realised I can't always have my way, infact I shouldn't always have my way. And when I accepted the views of others we produced great results, greater than I could've imagined. If seun can humble himself and listen to the views of the average nairalander , then it will be really good for him, because it is this average nairalander who makes this website what it is, not seun. It is this "simply "mind that constitutes nairaland and who knows what he wants in a website that would make nairaland great. What in the world is a million members? There are so many websites with a million members, and I am sure much more authentic ones. If only seun wouldn't wait for a thousand members to bash him and for the thread to be closed before he acts, if he is more receptive to the innovations suggested by members, then nairaland would progress not in steps but by leaps and bounds.

(1) (Reply)

Will Your High Walls Protect You And Your Family? / Abdulsamad Rabiu Richer Than Aliko Dangote – Africa’s Richest Billionaire Emerge / Abuja Residents Please Beware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.