Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Any Hope For The Nigerian Student? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Any Hope For The Nigerian Student? (724 Views)

Advice on Handwork A Nigerian`student Could Learn.. / Is Their Any Hope For Microbiology Undergraduate / Any Hope For Held Result To Be Released By Waec? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Hope For The Nigerian Student? by reindeer: 11:01pm On Apr 21, 2008
My brother came home from NYSC lagos camp last wednesday and told o how they(those who stdied in nija) were separated from those who studied abroad(which included Ghana, benin republic!), infact they were told to 'thank' those who came 'down to their level' to serve. And moreso, foreign graduates got choice primary assignments and infact some companies came to the camp(e.g CHevron) solely to recruit those who schooled in the UK.
Then there is this worrisome trend of employers including the clause "foreign qualifications preferred" in job adverts you see in the dailies, so now everyone wants to do a masters in the UK, one only wonders what hope the nija trained student has,
what do you all think?
Re: Any Hope For The Nigerian Student? by auska(m): 2:16pm On Apr 23, 2008
i thought virtually no because it goes from worse to worst everyday in dis ghetto called naija
Re: Any Hope For The Nigerian Student? by iice(f): 10:58am On Apr 24, 2008
Yeah my friend told me the same thing, when he went home last year to start his NYSC. . .that is just sad.
Re: Any Hope For The Nigerian Student? by orekinky: 8:43am On Apr 26, 2008
think of present now, get yourself equipped, get the necessary education today, our future is bright, things will still be alright, its just a matter of time. dont be discouraged my dear.

(1) (Reply)

Deleted / With 120 Pupils In A Class, We Need Loudspeakers To Teach, Say Lagos Teachersomg / Be Ur Self

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.