Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare (66338 Views)

Is It Right For Peter Okoye To Place His Daughter On His Naked Torso? / Basketmouth Goes Shirtless, Comes For Peter Okoye, Flavour & Iyanya / Anita Isama, Paul Okoye's Fiancee's Look For Peter & Lola's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by concrete: 12:31am On Apr 22, 2008
na wa o!!!

I pity the girl sha! She sounds so foolish IMHO embarassed

By Niyi Tabiti
Chief Reporter

Lola Omotayo has confirmed that she is indeed pregnant for Peter Okoye of Psquare, one of Nigeria's most popular hip hop group.

She confirmed the pregnancy story in an interview published in this week's edition of Encomium, a leading soft sell magazine in Nigeria.Peter also confirmed the gist too.He, however, said he is not ready for marriage yet.

http://www.niyitabiti..com/ gathered that Lola, a staff of top marketing outfit,FK:G2 owned led by Biodun Shobanjo is very happy about the pregnancy and she is ready to go any length to take of it.

As regards marriage,Lola went philosophical.In her words "There is so much that completes a woman and marriage is not it.I've never focused on that.I'm not afraid to be alone. I pray, I am not going to end up alone for the rest of my life,I want a life partner.But the tag,marriage is not something I think is the ultimate.I would take my time rather than rush into marriage only top later discover that it is not what to expect.And Peter as well is dealing with his won career and he wants to focus on that and you know,maybe in a year's time,I'd be ready to get married and if he's not,then we may get to go our seperate ways.The truth of the matter is that mnarriage is not in the picture for me now"

Lola is 35 while Peter is still in his 20s.Lola believes love is the ultimate and not the age difference bewteen them.

They kicked off the relationship about three years ago.Since then, they have been together.Recently, the issue of another girl coming into the picture almost caused them to seperate.Now, Lola believes she has to take charge of her man by making sure she attend functions more often with him these days.

http://niyitabiti..com/2008/04/lola-omotayo-confirms-she-is-three.html
Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by tRoOE(f): 2:10am On Apr 22, 2008
Well I she kinda of stupid embarassed embarassed but then again who am I to judge her

But we got to realize she isn't getting any older, the babe is 35yrs with a good career, so I don't think she really needs peter in her life.

I just thought she could have done better, rather than settling down for less

Peter is in his early 20s too embarassed embarassed embarassed and he isn't ready to settle down angry now
Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by 4Him1(m): 2:15am On Apr 22, 2008
what a waste of a really cute chic. 35 and unmarried?
Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by concrete: 2:22am On Apr 22, 2008
peter is mid to late 20s actually

but yea, he's nowhere near ready to settle

i hope for her sake, when he is, it'll be with her (but i woulnd't hold my breath if i was her)
Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by tRoOE(f): 4:36am On Apr 22, 2008
I pray the bobo doesn't leave her by the end of the day but then again she said it herself that if it doesn't work out, she will leave.

This was her qoute

I'd be ready to get married and if he's not,then we may get to go our seperate ways.The truth of the matter is that marriage is not in the picture for me now"

@4him

So she is a waste because she's having a child out of wedlock undecided
Have you ever thought MARRIAGE isn't for everyone?
Moreover, the babe is 35yr, so tell me when she should have the baby if not now
She’s is ready to take responsibilities of her baby, or is she complaining to anymore
Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by ima1(f): 6:33am On Apr 22, 2008
first thing that came into my mind was "Is he Stupid" come on look at tuface having babies around like britney spears, its such a let down that he would father a child right now when he is clearly not ready to.

i just feel like he hasn't reached his full potential as a singer before settling down to have a kid, geez he is in his twenties, take out 5 years from his age and he is still a freakn baby. i think the lady tricked him cuz she is 35 and clearly needs to settle down, its unfair that she would trick him like this cuz he is still a little boy, she is a freakn old woman.

i feel sorry for him really, just wish i could slap him back to earth.
Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 22, 2008
oh well. ish happens
Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by bayoozee: 8:58am On Apr 22, 2008
Is d chick dumb or som'n. . . or is ds another desperado move to hook my main man wey don carry go with MBGN. cool
She be d typical naija "blonde". grin
Anyway I no blame am, I blame d ticking biological clock. grin
"WOMANS!!!!" grin grin

Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by vikiviko(m): 10:32am On Apr 22, 2008
Wow, she's pretty.

Peter i hope willl learn, he shouldn't go jumping from one bed to the other.

He's a father to be .

Congrats Peter, i will be arouind for the naming.

1 Like

Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by Seun(m): 10:35am On Apr 22, 2008
Guys, I'm sure she can take care of herself. All she wants from Peter is his seed, and she's got it. wink
Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by jgirl3: 10:37am On Apr 22, 2008
See me see wahala oooo! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Who's claiming to be pregnant by my man?
Well i guess that means Peter Okoye is no longer in my good book. . . .

The lady is in big trouble because i'm sure Peter is not ready to settle down yet but at least she's now having a kid. I just hope Peter doesn't follow 2face's steps.

All these celebs should wrap it up jare!
When did our music industry become Hollywood?
Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by jawosin(m): 7:14am On Apr 23, 2008
every single one of you sound IGNORANT. they have been together for 3 years, if they want a baby how is it your business, go and worry about whats smelling in your backyard and stop judging the girl, he obviously isnt stupid and no everyone lives by the same philosophy. all u hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 23, 2008
na who she be abeg. i don try google her but nothing came up.
Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 23, 2008
Wetin dey worry all this old mamas of 35 wey no want leave these young guys alone.
See SOUL E as well.

me i go vex o, cos I dey here and I be 2, and I never see celebrity to date, na all this old mama youngee dey catch dem. wetin naaaaa
Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by skylady(f): 11:04am On Apr 23, 2008
E don happen.they just look like mother and son.

1 Like

Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by funkydot(f): 2:01pm On Apr 23, 2008
I'm just happy for them if they are happy with their decision. They make a great couple. Age ain't nothing but a number. Personally, I think Soul E actually seems more matured and much happier(Nairalanders please don't bite me for this!!!)since he got married.
Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by Emad(f): 4:57pm On Apr 23, 2008
hummmmmmmmm is lola half cast?? just a question
i think the idea is for Pita to tubaba his fans grin
Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by tRoOE(f): 10:43pm On Apr 23, 2008
Emad:

hummmmmmmmm is lola half cast?? just a question
i think the idea is for Pita to tubaba his fans grin
Duh

@topic

Lola interview with Linda Ikeja
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Lola Omotayo opens up on love affair with Peter of P-Square

I am going to bring you Naija Entertainment news later. For now, let's talk about the latest gist in town. Lola Omotayo is three months pregnant for Peter Okoye of P-Square. Lola is the Business Development Director of a Lagos based Marketing company.

She granted an exclusive interview to Encomium magazine's Leke Adeneye.
Excerpt:
In recent times, stories have been published severally about you being dumped by your boyfriend, Peter Okoye, for ex-Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria, Munachi Abii. How true is this gist?

Lola "When I read the story myself I was shocked. I was wondering and asking myself have I been dumped? But my relationship with with Peter is going extremely well. We don't have any issues. It's over three years and everything has been going well. Perhaps because a lot of people haven't seen us together, I haven't really been out with him for about a year until last Friday (SMVA) for personal reasons I just don't' want to be out there. Everything is going well with us"

How did Peter win your heart about three years ago?

Lola
"My agency handles some of British American Tobacco brands and P-Square was doing a show for us at one of our events in Enugu. Though I had met Peter a couple of times before then, but at the show there was some chemistry. He asked for my number and I refused giving it to him. i told him if you really want to know me you have to find my number. So he took it as a task and found my number and the rest is history."

One of the things that shocked some people about the relationship is your age difference. How did you handle that when you were starting the affair?

Lola "Like I said, Peter is an old soul and he always tells me that I'm like a 23year-old. Age is just a number. Right now you can see it around the world. Demi Moore, Usher and some known people. Even in Nigeria here, they are dating people far older than their age. So we shouldn't base it on the age factor. He doesn't make me feel like he's younger than me. the age thing will never bother me."

One other factor most people talked about is that Peter may not be able to withstand your career profile and social status,

Lola "I disagree with that. Yes in the beginning, a lot of people and friends wondered what I wanted from this guy. Why somebody on that level? He's not on a bad level though, he's a human being first. And people trying to put us on different social classes make me very upset. Yes I've done a lot in terms of exposure and travels and all of that, but he's a very confident man. We've been together to places where we met with people who were elite on the really high social class and he doesn't feel insecure. Once someone can blend into my life and I into his, it's cool. I hang out with his friends and families and there are no issues at all."

So, if it has been rosy for over three years, what then has been keeping you away from the altar? He has mentioned his career, what would you mention?

Lola "The truth of the matter is that I'm not really particular about marriage. Marriage is not something you rush into. To me, it is over rated in Nigeria. here, they say marriage completes a woman, but I don't believe in that. There is so much that completes a woman and marriage is not it. I've never focused on that. I'm not the little girl who dreams of her wedding day. I'm not afraid to be alone. I pray, I am not going to end up alone for the rest of my life, I want a life partner. But the tag marriage is not something I think is the ultimate. I would take my time rather than rush into marriage only to later discover that it is not what to expect. And Peter as well is dealing with his own career and he wants to focus on that and you know maybe in a year's time I'd be ready to get married and if he's not, then we may get to go our separate ways. The truth of the matter is that marriage is not in the picture for me right now"

Why? What other completion are you seeking that makes marriage not a priority now?

Lola "For me I am contented being who I am right now. I am not going to come and beg and ask somebody to marry me. No. And also my criteria for marriage is a very strict criteria. It's not the usual girl's stuff like nice house and someone who can take care of you"

How long were you friends with Peter before the affair started?

Lola "Not that long. He was too fine so I had to kiss him. In the beginning we were coming from different walks of life and there were later adjustments. When I'm into something, I'm into it 100%. People just look at the social status thing. he’s an entertainer, she’s a career girl, but it’s not about that. He’s not the first artiste I’ve dated, not a Nigerian though, he was an international act”

He says he and Munachi are very good friends, how comfortable are you?

Lola
"He says they are friends and nothing is going on and I think she featured in one of their videos. I’ve met her. Yes, eventually I met Munachi a few days ago and I think she’s a really nice lady. I have not been in an environment where they have both at except of recent when I met her. Maybe the unfortunate thing is that I just got to meet her, otherwise if that is what he says, I just have to believe him and take his words until he is proven guilty”

We heard recently that you are now heavily pregnant for Peter and that both of you are expecting a baby soon, how true is this gist?

Lola “Yes, it’s true. We are expecting a baby”

Should we then expect other things like engagement or a secret wedding between now and when the baby eventually comes?

Lola “Let’s take one thing at a time. I think the focus should be on making sure that everything is okay with the baby first. I really don’t want to talk about my pregnancy now. And like I said before, it’s not about marriage now; the focus now is this (pointing to her protruding belly)

Peter’s Reaction to the pregnancy

Peter Okoye “The pregnancy is mine and nothing on earth can make me deny it. After all I didn’t impregnate a street girl. The person carrying m baby is an independent and responsible lady who I love with all my heart. So the baby is mine and I am proud to be the father. As for marriage, I don’t have plans for it yet”

Annie Macaulay has supposedly lost her six months pregnancy for Tuface Idibia, I don't know how true this is, I only know she was shot at. Will bring you the details later.
Fela's son, Seun Kuti, has been arrested by NDLEA on drug charges,

http://lindaikeji..com/2008/04/lola-omotayo-opens-up-on-love-affair.html

Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by lucabrasi(m): 1:36am On Apr 24, 2008
if you read in between the lines of that interview,the girl wants marriage bad with the dude,but doesnt want to appear desperate
its like i dont mind his background,if he s rich or poor i just want to get married but i wont give u press ppl the satisfaction of sussing me out grin
Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by nwandolina(f): 1:47am On Apr 24, 2008
why can't these people just use condoms.
why all these "illegitimate" kids everywhere.
The whole thing could be avoided if only people would just "rubber up"
Haven't they heard of AIDS.
Let's see who he impregnates next!
Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by tpia: 3:41am On Apr 24, 2008
Lola is biracial. Her mom is white.

I knew she was pregnant the first time I saw this picture. The breasts and the way she looks. She seems tired and I wouldnt be surprised if thats either a big baby or she's carrying twins.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-128017.0.html

I don't even know if I should feel happy or sad for her. To the best of my knowledge, she's mainly dated Naija guys, and I'm not sure why. Most of these people wont appreciate her.

Dont know why she stayed in the country either, really. Its not like she has no other choice.

oh well. I wish her and her baby the best, but I wish things could have been different as regards her partner. I think she may have given up on naija guys and marriage. undecided
Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by tRoOE(f): 4:29am On Apr 24, 2008

@lucabrasi
Don't mind her jare,as if the guy proposes to her right now she won't say yes
She's making it seem like there aren't women out there that are marriage and still have time for their careers
It's obvious the thug boyfriend will not marry, he still want to be hoeing around making babies like 2face, maybe Munachi will be the next pregnant woman cheesy cheesy
Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by snazzydawn(f): 8:30am On Apr 24, 2008
tRoOE:

Annie Macaulay has supposedly lost her six months pregnancy for Tuface Idibia, I don't know how true this is, I only know she was shot at. Will bring you the details later.
Fela's son, Seun Kuti, has been arrested by NDLEA on drug charges,

http://lindaikeji..com/2008/04/lola-omotayo-opens-up-on-love-affair.html

[/font][/size]

if this is true then I pity her.
Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by Emad(f): 8:37am On Apr 24, 2008
hummmmmmm there is something about this interview that i am not comfortable with
I don't know what it is, i can't put my finger on it there yet

but there is something, sad sad sad
Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by tpia: 4:52pm On Apr 25, 2008
Emad:

hummmmmmm there is something about this interview that i am not comfortable with
I don't know what it is, i can't put my finger on it there yet

but there is something, sad sad sad

I think she's conditioning her mind to accept the fact that Peter doesnt want to propose.

There was another interview some years ago, where she talked about the possibility of them marrying. Peter himself sounded okay with the idea, back then.

This is just sad. sad

i still cant understand why she even dated the guy in the first place.
Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 25, 2008
@topic

all dis small small children wey be say if them see boys their nyash dey scratch them undecided undecided
Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 25, 2008
damn, see full scale hatred from the female folks. una wish say na una carry peter belle
Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by tpia: 5:08pm On Apr 25, 2008
OMO IBO:

damn, see full scale hatred from the female folks. una wish say na una carry peter belle

for where?

abeg comot my name from that observation.

as it is I'm hoping the child can at least resemble the mother and not the father. undecided
Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by concrete: 6:22pm On Apr 25, 2008
tpia:

for where?

abeg comot my name from that observation.

as it is I'm hoping the child can at least resemble the mother and not the father. undecided

abi o!!
Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by tRoOE(f): 6:38pm On Apr 25, 2008
OMO IBO:

ahaha Jealous of Peter shocked shocked how so, the bobo is not even fine

Na only Lola i dey feel pity 4 cry cry
Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by Tattooboy: 6:43pm On Apr 25, 2008
@trooe
don't pity her plz, let her do her thing tongue
Re: Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare by Dreloaded(f): 6:48pm On Apr 25, 2008
She's very pretty and defeinitely doesnt look 35.

I think if she really cared about marriage, she'd be married by now instead of being in a relationship with a younger dude that's not ready for it, 

Hopefully the kid looks like her because those P-Squre boys are just yuck

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Patience Ozokwor, Chacaha Ekeh At 'dare To Dream Talent Hunt Show' (pics) / Sola Onayiga ‘Kitchen Practical’ Is Dead / Veronica Njoku 'Ramota' Is Dead (Ramota Of New Masquerade)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.