Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,521 members, 7,854,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:03 PM

Misplaced Priority Of The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Misplaced Priority Of The North (425 Views)

Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari / Look @ The Priority Of This Gov. (pics) / Security A Top Priority Of Gov' T.A Of Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Misplaced Priority Of The North by mekaboy(m): 5:30pm On May 14, 2013
With the level of insecurity in northern Nigeria, it still baffles me that any influential northerner will be concerned with presidency now.

I assume that anyone from that region trying to govern nigeria must first make the north governable.

How can someone whose house is on fire be running after presidency. Instead of finding a way to restore peace to the region, they simply sit down and ask jonathan to resign if he can't handle it, as if it is not their people that are killed on a daily bases.

If they chose to politicize everything, there might be nobody left in the not to vote. There might not be any election at all in the north, because any inec official in the region will be endangering his or her life.

These should show Nigeria that they can handle their region first before trying to govern a whole country.

Every part of nigeria has unemployed and poor people and yet they have not taken up arms. The northern politicians sit down and say the problem is poverty and unemployment.

So assuming a northern becomes president, he will channel the nations resources towards the north, claiming they are eradicating poverty and unemployment, which every part of Nigeria partakes of.

They better put their house in order before 2015. If they keep waiting to produce a president before they fix things, they might not produce that president in 2015 and the entire north might become consume.

Jst my opinion.

(1) (Reply)

Emergency Rule: It Is Political Victimisation , Says CPC / Nigerian Universities Didn't Make The Top 20 List - The Blessy Jackson Show / ACN Should Have Merged With PDP.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.