Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,943 members, 7,828,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari (1608 Views)

May God Give Nigerians Patience To Tolerate My Government – Buhari / Be Patient With My Government - Buhari Begs ASUU / BBC Htalk: I Will Take Away Press Freedom If It Distracts My Government - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by theshadyexpress(m): 8:21pm On Mar 15, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari says that establishing a new national airline is not on the federal government’s list of priorities at the moment.

Buhari, who made the statement in Malabo on Tuesday at an interactive meeting with Nigerians resident in Equatorial Guinea, declared that his administration’s main area of focus now is reducing the level of poverty in the country.

The president said his administration would continue giving priority to the infrastructure needed to boost production in all sectors of the economy and create more jobs for young Nigerians, as well as other actions that would directly improve the living conditions of ordinary Nigerians.

Buhari was responding to complaints by members of the Nigerian community on the absence of direct flights between Nigeria and Equatorial Guinea.

He assured them that his administration’s war against corruption would remain “fearless, relentless and merciless”.

“We will be merciless and relentless in pursuing all those who abused public trust. Nigerians will see how some of the elite conspired to run the nation down,” he said.

He also said that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) would be encouraged to explore the possibility of Nigerians abroad voting in the 2019 general election.

Noting that some African countries had started allowing their citizens resident abroad to vote in national elections, the president said that he fully empathised with the voting aspirations of Nigerians.

He pledged that he would therefore do all within his powers to fulfill that desire.

“I want all Nigerians to know that I respect them and their right to choose their leaders,” he said.

He condemned the recent political violence in Rivers state, saying that the killing of people over political differences is primitive, barbaric and unacceptable.

“We will deal decisively with all sponsors of violence. I have given the security services clear directives in this regard,” he said.

“We will show that violence in any form will no longer be tolerated before, during or after elections.”

A statement issued by Femi Adesina, presidential spokesman, on February 28, in the course of the president’s visit to Qatar had said: “Nigeria has commenced discussions on partnerships towards establishing a national airline for Nigeria”, but it did not go into details.

https://www.thecable.ng/national-airline-not-my-priority-says-buhari

Buhari, during his electioneering, described Nigeria’s presidential fleet under former President Goodluck Jonathan, as a “waste.”He therefore promised to make changes when he assumed office.

In a speech delivered to the Nigerian community in the United Kingdom in February, Buhari described the waste alongside corruption as the major killers of the country’s economy.

He had said, “Let me give you an instance, presently, there are more than six aircraft in the presidential fleet. What do you call that? Billions of Naira is budgeted every year for the maintenance of these aircraft not to talk of operational costs and other expenses.

“You may want to ask what a Nigerian President is doing with so much aircraft when a Prime Minister of Britain flies around using the same public aircraft like ordinary Britons.

“Go and check and compare with that of any developed country in the world, the Office of the Nigerian President is a very expensive one in spite of our poverty and joblessness. Despite all these, you still find a Nigerian Minister spending about N10bn to charter an aircraft for just one year.

“Now for me, when we come into office, all these waste will be blocked and properly channelled into our economy. We intend, for instance, to bring back our National carrier, the Nigerian Airways. We shall do this by bringing all the aircraft in the presidential fleet into the Nigerian airways and within a year increase the fleet to about 20.

“What is the difference between me and those who elected us to represent them? Absolutely nothing! Why should Nigerian President not fly with other Nigerian public?”

http://www.yohaig.ng/newspapers/the-punch/campaign-promises-buharis-presidential-jets-on-the-spotlight/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by Ohammadike: 8:23pm On Mar 15, 2016

1 Like

Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by SleekMallam: 8:28pm On Mar 15, 2016
Buhari, who made the statement in Malabo on Tuesday at an interactive meeting with Nigerians resident in Equatorial Guinea, declared that his administration’s main area of focus now is reducing the level of poverty in the country.
Your administration has taken poverty level to epic proportions since the history of the black race. Nigerians are now living like refugees in their own country.

What pratical verifiable blueprints have you laid down to alleviate the deliberate poverty you introduced? until you come clean with proven cutting edge solution to Nigerians poverty,your utterances are best consumed same as all your campaign promises of making $1=1 naira.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by Genius100: 8:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
Excellent news. The Nigerian government has no business running an airline at this point..

3 Likes

Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by LesbianBoy(m): 8:35pm On Mar 15, 2016
Worst government of all time in Nigeria! angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by theshadyexpress(m): 8:36pm On Mar 15, 2016
lalasticla this is frontpage material
Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by SageTravels: 8:37pm On Mar 15, 2016
hmmm
Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by Siberia101: 8:40pm On Mar 15, 2016
Genius100:
Excellent news. The Nigerian government has no business running an airline at this point..

Seconded!!!!!!

It will be reserved for relatives of government officials if the federal government operates a national Airline.
Arik is Okay
Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by Yorubasgreat(f): 8:45pm On Mar 15, 2016
Genius100:

Just like they don't have any business paying 5k to unemployed or vonurable as the case maybe..

Please when would the Zombies wake up from this hypocritical slumber for a change (the real change) not this Chains.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by bjdon: 8:53pm On Mar 15, 2016
Why does this man only make announcements when he's out side the country? It seems like he's afraid to even go around Nigeria. Apart from the media event he did in December, I can't recall anytime he's really engaged with Nigerians within the country.

2 Likes

Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by Tunami(m): 8:59pm On Mar 15, 2016
oga buhari your administration is no focused on reducing any poverty, instead your adding more to the already existed one.
Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by three: 9:04pm On Mar 15, 2016
#CleanSweepBuhari
Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by kenny987(f): 9:04pm On Mar 15, 2016
Ha! Na wa o!

First #5000 now this! I have always been personally miffed that we do not have a national carrier and what we once had was of course run aground. I gave a private nod of agreement to GMB's passionate campaign speech about not having a national carrier and the wastefulness of a Presidential fleet like Nigeria's. Declaring the immediate reduction of the presidential fleet was welcome news and now, we are forced to confront this madness of an unserious and lying government that perfected the act of sweet-talking and rode into power via propaganda! Same people that said good governance is not rocket science!

Suddenly it is no longer his priority and he says he wants to reduce poverty. Pray tell what better way is there then to reduce poverty than to cut down the number of aircraft in the presidential fleet and according to him, convert them to the beginning of a national carrier, if fit for purpose and then expand the national fleet to at least 20 within a year? Would making profit out of commercial use rather than paying millions of dollars in maintenance costs not qualify as reducing poverty and unnecessary losses? How about he sits his arse home and stops the 'Johnny Walker' business?

It is bad enough that he can never give an idea of the government's plans to the local press, it has to be when he is outside the shores of Nigeria...What a government and what a leader!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by mile12crises: 9:09pm On Mar 15, 2016
This man has yet proven to be epileptic and uninteligent around foreign interviewers.

Stroke, cardiac arrest, heart attack, kidney failure please send this dolt to his progenitors and save Nigerians from dying of hunger

4 Likes

Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by free13: 9:11pm On Mar 15, 2016
[/quote][/b]pPresident Muhammadu Buhari says that establishing a new national airline is not on the federal government’s list of priorities at the moment.[b]

[/b]“Now for me, when we come into office, all these waste will be blocked and properly channelled into our economy. We intend, for instance, to bring back our National carrier, the Nigerian Airways. We shall do this by bringing all the aircraft in the presidential fleet into the Nigerian airways and within a year increase the fleet to about 20.

“What is the difference between me and those who elected us to represent them? Absolutely nothing! Why should Nigerian President not fly with other Nigerian public?”[b]
[quote]

This man is actually a dull.ard.

1 Like

Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by MrPresident1: 9:17pm On Mar 15, 2016
Buhari pakuru mo n pakuru mo n ko jo daa da
Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by princemillla(m): 9:24pm On Mar 15, 2016
I still believe in your administration pa buhari

May God guide u n lead u aright
Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by ajebuter(f): 10:02pm On Mar 15, 2016
As usual , buhari is giving us information he couldn't give us in foreign country

I always look forward to his foreign trips because that is where he updates us about his governance and administration

That is where he also insults us and calls us criminals

Thank you oh 'dem Baba' for updating us oh!

4 Likes

Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by ThankGodEdeh(m): 10:09pm On Mar 15, 2016
Government Of U-Turn. The new trend is issuing statements from foreign countries.
Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by Clerverley2(m): 11:36pm On Mar 15, 2016
All promises cancelled - APC

3 Likes

Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by gratiaeo(m): 11:43pm On Mar 15, 2016
I never know a government can be useless like this Buhari government. What a stupid old man
Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by ZZ22: 12:10am On Mar 16, 2016
Lies everywhere... The one him lie for Nigeria never do am na so him fly go Equatorial Guinea dey lie again.. I wonder how this Buharis government is reducing poverty
Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by Immatex(m): 2:12am On Mar 16, 2016
A man unsteady in words.

After spending several unaccounted and un-budgeted amounts flying presidential fleets around the world, the pleasures won't let him turn them to a national carrier.

You don't expect to see the president queue to board a flight like every other citizen like he promised.

There will be no end to the presidential fleet. Am expecting an increase in the fleet size soon
Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by fitzmayowa: 4:20am On Mar 16, 2016
OgbonnaUbani:
All promises cancelled - APC

cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by fitzmayowa: 4:32am On Mar 16, 2016
kenny987:
Ha! Na wa o!

First #5000 now this! I have always been personally miffed that we do not have a national carrier and what we once had was of course run aground. I gave a private nod of agreement to GMB's passionate campaign speech about not having a national carrier and the wastefulness of a Presidential fleet like Nigeria's. Declaring the immediate reduction of the presidential fleet was welcome news and now, we are forced to confront this madness of an unserious and lying government that perfected the act of sweet-talking and rode into power via propaganda! Same people that said good governance is not rocket science!

Suddenly it is no longer his priority and he says he wants to reduce poverty. Pray tell what better way is there then to reduce poverty than to cut down the number of aircraft in the presidential fleet and according to him, convert them to the beginning of a national carrier, if fit for purpose and then expand the national fleet to at least 20 within a year? Would making profit out of commercial use rather than paying millions of dollars in maintenance costs not qualify as reducing poverty and unnecessary losses? How about he sits his arse home and stops the 'Johnny Walker' business?

It is bad enough that he can never give an idea of the government's plans to the local press, it has to be when he is outside the shores of Nigeria...What a government and what a leader!

This is the reason why nigerians should shine their eyes and ears when someone comes during electioneering campaign to chant eye/ear catching phrases to cajole them for votes...

A typical example is the blame throwing cum lie propagating cum campaign denial party we have in power now, with no direction or purpose...

To cap it all our Johnny Walker ambassador of a president will go outside the country yapping liking a toddler...SMH
Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by greatCharley(m): 6:00am On Mar 16, 2016
the only thing Buhari has done right, is to get everything wrong

1 Like

Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by diasporaman(m): 6:11am On Mar 16, 2016
All the core campaign promises of APC is no longer a priority. Omo na waoooo

Na now I know say we don enter one chance

2 Likes

Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by kennydee05(m): 6:25am On Mar 16, 2016
bjdon:
Why does this man only make announcements when he's out side the country? It seems like he's afraid to even go around Nigeria. Apart from the media event he did in December, I can't recall anytime he's really engaged with Nigerians within the country.

He was answering to questions from Nigerian Community in Equatorial Guinea.
Major reason is that many media houses in Nigeria don't ask issue based questions. Same also the opposition just like Fayose ranting.

Nigerians in diaspora seems to understand challenges facing Nigeria than Nigerians at home, hence they use President visit to ask serious national issue questions.

1 Like

Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by megautche: 6:26am On Mar 16, 2016
But the aviation mimister a few days ago said that the govt is working on new national carrier and that are currently working with private investors on the modalities to set up the airline. he was on a radio station in PH on saturday. the lie countinues
Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by kennydee05(m): 6:28am On Mar 16, 2016
Wailers and lack of comprehension, Buhari just said that National Airline is not on his priority list.

If it were you, would you be considering that at this period of dwindling economy? ... Past administration had resources to do that but instead of doing it they embezzled our oyel money and left you guys to wail on every good and sincere decision taking by Buhari administration.....

Hababaa, you guys should be reasonable for once...

1 Like

Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by o42austino(m): 6:32am On Mar 16, 2016
Abasi mbok.... This man done finish us ooo... Lies, lies and much lies.... I tire mbok
Re: Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari by theshadyexpress(m): 10:19am On Mar 16, 2016
i didnt expect the mods to take interest in this kinda thread cos its obviously an anti-Pmb thread,but no matter how hard you try to hide the truth it will surely bloom in its time

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out Sen. Ahmed Yerima’s New Clean Shave & Suited Look / #M7 Challenge / Fidson Healthcare To Open N9b In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.