Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,774 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:38 AM

State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa (37636 Views)

Buhari Receives Emir Of Yobe And His Delegates In Abuja(photos) / Live Updates From Bornu, Yobe And Adamawa States / Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Policewoman(f): 7:36pm On May 14, 2013
[quote author=DICKtator]Jonathan Imposes State of Emergency on Boko Haram States
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by solace8(m): 7:36pm On May 14, 2013
Very good move presido, u 4 don do dis 1 since sha.
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Ogbonaikenna(m): 7:37pm On May 14, 2013
The only thing i can say is for Biafrans and youth corpers serving in the whole 19 northern states to be vigilant for possible riots. The opposition and the northern elders will/might view this act as a declaration of war.

1 Like

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Fogman(m): 7:37pm On May 14, 2013
This should have been done long time ago. Anyway, its better late than never
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by divinelove(m): 7:37pm On May 14, 2013
Well done mr. Presido but it took u so long. Anyway beta late than neva
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Fogman(m): 7:38pm On May 14, 2013
This should have been done long time ago. Anyway, its better late than never.
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by muktarl: 7:38pm On May 14, 2013
I don't know why GEJ skipped some of these islamist Yoruba state?
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Donbrig: 7:38pm On May 14, 2013
GEJ has just won the heart of millions of Nigerians. I like his boldness, that is what we've been missing from a real Bayelsan. Never take a quiet man for a fool. If 2015 election were to be held next week, it would have been a landslide victory for GEJ. Proud of my president once again.

2 Likes

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Ogojohn(m): 7:38pm On May 14, 2013
babyosisi: Can somebody intelligent explain to me what it means in practical terms
Jonathan is confused. Mumbo jombo.
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Pointnoire(m): 7:39pm On May 14, 2013
About time,it took killing of Government officials to do this when over two thousand Civilians are dead angry
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Maxymilliano(m): 7:39pm On May 14, 2013
One of the best decision taking so far ...

Good move Bro J!
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 14, 2013
Sounds like a good decision from President Jonathan. I hope the root causes and perpetrators of BH terrorism are totally annihilated. Every BH sponsor and fanatic must fall down and die IJN, AMEN!
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by lacasa: 7:40pm On May 14, 2013
This president is as confused as a blind bat in a market square.

#... Spits at this clueless govt
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 14, 2013
Ogbuefi_Negro: What happened to an earlier State of Emergency declared last year in Borno and environs? Why the need for a State of Emergency piled atop an existing State of Emergency still active in the region?
the state of emergency was declared in some parts of borno and not entire borno
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by fabulousstan(m): 7:40pm On May 14, 2013
Long awaited decision.
Long live GEJ
Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 14, 2013
CFCfan: Sounds like a good decision from President Jonathan. I hope the root causes and perpetrators of BH terrorism are totally annihilated. Every BH sponsor and fanatic must fall down and die IJN, AMEN!

You are one of the few intelligent people here
Please explain to me what state of emergency means
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by slimghost(m): 7:41pm On May 14, 2013
lacasa: This president is as confused as a blind bat in a market square.

This guy go get heart attack oooo grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by okosodo: 7:41pm On May 14, 2013
Goodnews. But jona still dey dull, we need full state of emergency where the governors will be out of business

1 Like

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by dgreat001(m): 7:41pm On May 14, 2013
Its evident d president is angry, see as he was AGRESSIVELY delivering the speech

Good move thooo

1 Like

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 14, 2013

1 Like

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by fkaz(m): 7:41pm On May 14, 2013
What kind of state of emergency is this? When he still ask the chief security officer of the state i.e the governors to remain their. JTF are their in borno, yobe, and others state, with the state governors before
Now taking charge, What happen?

This guy is just fooling nigerians, he want to act as if he is incharge.
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Timcy01(m): 7:42pm On May 14, 2013
Good news. Since people say he is too weak, he has now shown he is up to the task.

1 Like

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 14, 2013
infofirst:

Wetin he mean be say, Military don den in charge for them mentioned states, they now v a military administrator in charge of the state instead of Governors.

Thank you
Eziokwu?
Fantastic!
Shoot at sight eh kwa
So their useless governors and their 5 wives will pack out from govt house?
Allah Sarikin

1 Like

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by gramci: 7:43pm On May 14, 2013
lacasa: This president is as confused as a blind bat in a market square.

You are scared cos soldiers are coming after you people, the game is up.

2 Likes

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Lexo22(m): 7:43pm On May 14, 2013
The state of emergency is long overdue..... But I thought once there is state of emergency the governors of the affected states will not perform there duties again... How come Mr. PRESIDENT said they will continue carrying out their functions? Someone should please educate me
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Keenysbojan(m): 7:43pm On May 14, 2013
ii hav been waiting for this for a long time..those boko haram will know the differnce btw millitary and civilian,if those soldiers catch them they will know the defference btw Ocean and water..let millitary take over Nigeria na...
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by ManTiger(m): 7:44pm On May 14, 2013
Growing some b/a/lls...
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by iwanchop(m): 7:44pm On May 14, 2013
Why declare state of emergency in Adamawa?
I smell something there,the president doesn't want it to look political
Borno and Yobe are controlled by opposition parties hence he was looking for a scapegoat (PDP controlled state) to partially balance it politically.He found the scapegoat in Adamawa.

2 Likes

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by favouredseed(f): 7:44pm On May 14, 2013
Good job Jona
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 14, 2013
babyosisi:

You are one of the few intelligent people here
Please explain to me what state of emergency means
Thanks cool

A state of emergency is a situation in which the Nigerian president suspends the regular executive and legislative functions of a state in Naija. Therefore, the governors of the aforementioned states and the State Houses of Assembly have been put on suspension. It's likely that GEJ will appoint an administrator to run those states temporarily.
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Joemint(m): 7:44pm On May 14, 2013
He iz a lead, a president n d respecter of d rule of law. I admire his leadership amongst most nigrian presidents. May God giv him d wisdom to discharge his duties witout fear or favor.
U r nt walkn alone in 2015.
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 14, 2013
Can the APC visiting governors repeat their feat in Bornu or any of the afore mentioned states now? grin Their people needs them now more than ever.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Eedris Abdulkareem On NDA: Igbos Would Have Been Killed, Villages Burnt If... / Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials / Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.