Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa (37402 Views)

Buhari Receives Emir Of Yobe And His Delegates In Abuja(photos) / Live Updates From Bornu, Yobe And Adamawa States / Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by DICKtator: 7:10pm On May 14, 2013
Jonathan Imposes State of Emergency on Boko Haram States

In a broadcast to the nation at 7pm today, Tuesday the 14th of 2013, President Goodluck Jonathan declared a State of Emergency on some states in Northern Nigeria in response to the escalation of violence and terrorist activities occasioned by the violent Islamic sect, Jam'atu Ahlis Sunnah L'dda'awatih wal-Jihad, otherwise known as Boko Haram.

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/breaking-news-jonathan-imposes-state-of-emergency-on-boko-haram-states

grin grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by slimghost(m): 7:11pm On May 14, 2013
Good news

2 Likes

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by kkkp: 7:12pm On May 14, 2013
We all forgot so soon hw the slow poke clueless retardeen declared state of emergency in some local governments in the North..dnt knw wot diff does it make?
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 14, 2013
Jonathan has been pushed to the wall. I wish bornu, adamawa and yobe the best of luck, as d military exterminates d rats.

5 Likes

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by palamo(m): 7:15pm On May 14, 2013
This decision by GEJ has been a long time coming! Finally he is trying to show us that he has a set of balls! No one is bigger than the nation! Good luck mr. President. We all support you!

46 Likes

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 14, 2013
Well, a committee will be set up to look into dat.

6 Likes

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by superior1: 7:17pm On May 14, 2013
No Amnesty again , Jona don confuse oo shocked shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 14, 2013
slimghost: Good news

i agree with you my Ghost Brother, and more over this is long over due.

1 Like

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by OgbuefiNegro: 7:18pm On May 14, 2013
What happened to an earlier State of Emergency declared last year in Borno and environs? Why the need for a State of Emergency piled atop an existing State of Emergency still active in the region?

4 Likes

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by tempest01(m): 7:18pm On May 14, 2013
Long overdue.....military rulers should have replaced the civilian governors sef

6 Likes

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Nuzo1(m): 7:18pm On May 14, 2013
For the first time, Jona was fuming on TV.
Seems like he has gotten tired of petting enemies of Nigeria.

An eye for an eye! angry

Now, those greedy govs should make way for some young colonels to cut a faction of the cake. shocked

5 Likes

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 14, 2013
just call on obasanjo or somebody who isnt shackled by voodoo sentimental ties and stop forming i can handle here.

we all know this matter has passed be careful.
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by hurricaneChris: 7:23pm On May 14, 2013
Long live Jonathan
Long live Nigeria
Long live Imo state

29 Likes

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by slimghost(m): 7:23pm On May 14, 2013
Bob_E:

i agree with you my Ghost Brother, and more over this is long over due.

He needed to grow a pair and he just did even though its been long overdue.
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 14, 2013
he just did what?
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 14, 2013
I see the hammer descending on few other states down south. Only this time, the governor(s) will not be lucky enough to retain their jobs.
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by infofirst(m): 7:28pm On May 14, 2013
Where u put ur head before Jonathan n let the battle start
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by kinguwem: 7:28pm On May 14, 2013
Ogbuefi_Negro: What happened to an earlier State of Emergency declared last year in Borno and environs? Why the need for a State of Emergency piled atop an existing State of Emergency still active in the region?
You read papers once in a blue moon. I'm surprised you are not aware of what is happening in the country.

6 Likes

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by sakaguchi(m): 7:29pm On May 14, 2013
It seems like Jonathan is beginning to grow ballz the size of a Soccer, he has being too lotic for so long I was beginning to imagine if he is comatose like a certain Yar'adua of yesterday. Let the people feel the full brunt of this Military swap so that next time, sympathizers of these wild dogs in those states like LACASA of nairaland will know who is BOSS!
I like this, to all those Boko-Haram sympathizers, this is your "FRESH_AIR"

6 Likes

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by daywatcher: 7:30pm On May 14, 2013
you are the president...do what you think is the best
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 14, 2013
Am only in support of this because am tired of hearing people die almost on daily basis. If this will bring an end to Boko haram, so be it!

2 Likes

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 14, 2013
hurricaneChris: Long live Jonathan
Long live Nigeria
Long live Imo state

Amen o
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by slimghost(m): 7:33pm On May 14, 2013
babyosisi:

Amen o

Nne ibu onye Imo? grin grin
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by passionate88: 7:33pm On May 14, 2013
YES!!!!
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 14, 2013
Can somebody intelligent explain to me what it means in practical terms

4 Likes

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 14, 2013
slimghost:

Nne ibu onye Imo? grin grin

Yes o
Igbo bu ofu

10 Likes

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by zibe(m): 7:34pm On May 14, 2013
While at it, he should make sure to train extensively our security people, and I think this is the period to really invest on security devices, etc. No be only to collect egunje and to beat innocent civilians our security men go sabi.

And how is it a state of emergency when the governors would still be in control? I don't get
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by gramci: 7:34pm On May 14, 2013
State of emergency isn't enough borno and yobe needs aerial bombardment

2 Likes

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by infofirst(m): 7:35pm On May 14, 2013
babyosisi: Can somebody intelligent explain to me what it means in practical terms

Wetin he mean be say, Military don den in charge for them mentioned states, they now v a military administrator in charge of the state instead of Governors.

1 Like

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by 50calibre(m): 7:35pm On May 14, 2013
Very good! Martial law is what befits those people.
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 14, 2013
What does state of emergency mean
What is going to happen that hasn't happened prior
Nobody knows?
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 14, 2013
I saw it comming to pass. It is time for war!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

President Buhari Inspects Military Parade In Borno, Cuts Cake With Troops(video) / Governor Ortom Prostrates In Church, Celebrates His Victory (Photos) / Prominent Businessman, Harry Akande Dies At 77

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.