Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,553 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text (38568 Views)

Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari / President Jonathan's National Identity Card (For Age Clarification Rumour) / Jonathan's National Conference Is Due To His Second Term Fear-he May Break Nigr. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by firetrap(m): 9:13pm On May 14, 2013
takeprofit:
so, who wld be responsible for administering the finance of the state? what if these politicians used state money to finance terrorism?

that's the sweet thing about the sweeping powers given to the military. they will watch every kobo with a hawks eye
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 14, 2013
anybody not happy with this should go the way of CHINUE ACHEBE(die angrily)
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by takeprofit: 9:17pm On May 14, 2013
omanzo02:

I think with the bolded the Governors could be replaced, the good thing about it is that, security is no longer in the hands of the governors, and may not be consulted or reported to over security matters.

I think Mr President made a serious mistake by leaving those politicians. He shld have taken a complete action. This is like treating a disease halfway. He shld sack the governors, the house of assembly members, Local Govt. chairmen, if possible the emirs of those states. Even their Imams and their local radio stations shld be censored. Lets see hw it goes, i may be wrong.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by onyenro(m): 9:20pm On May 14, 2013
nasarawa state has the highest death of security personnels yet, no state of emergency #fearof mbatsie. GEJ spoke like a CinC today. just felt we had someone Presiding over Aso rock. Nigerian Army now licenced to kill so, Amnesty Int. keepoff. Borno, Yobe and Adamawa are now military zones. journalists should not be allowed to these states. Endof discussion

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by firetrap(m): 9:21pm On May 14, 2013
Fakiro: Whoever they may be where ever they will go we are going to hunt them fish them Kill them or arrest them, will Never solve the problems in this 9ja.
Thats what BASHAR AL-ASAD is saying and hes country turned to CHACKOL" and now GEJ is cupying other president words.
Pls sir, change this 'n plan to another one......O! 'coz an example has been showing in other affected countries?

Syria is the way it is now cos the American government is a hypocritical government who one the one hand claims to be fighting terrorism the world over and with their other hand sponsor terrorist opposition groups with weapons and money.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Daatlaw11(m): 9:22pm On May 14, 2013
Hmmmm... You know something about always giving orders and not following it with action? You would not be taken serious however much u repent. Lets siddon de look nah!
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by AnanseK(m): 9:22pm On May 14, 2013
onyenro: nasarawa state has the highest death of security personnels yet, no state of emergency #fearof mbatsie. GEJ spoke like a CinC today. just felt we had someone Presiding over Aso rock. Nigerian Army now licenced to kill so, Amnesty Int. keepoff. Borno, Yobe and Adamawa are now military zones. journalists should not be allowed to these states. Endof discussion

No solution in site. Just more bloodshed. The President remains clueless.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by rabosh(m): 9:23pm On May 14, 2013
Finally, our President functions as Commander in Chief. Good one sir.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by touch4mony: 9:27pm On May 14, 2013
Rap maestro: How does that solve the problem? Can someone explain it to me.... Wtf,
so u don't kw what it means to declear a state of emagency in a state in a democratic regime,go to skul u chose to Chase cows and value them more than human life.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by PEREP: 9:28pm On May 14, 2013
AnanseK:

Anansek, pls give us your solution. We are waitimg!!!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by omobaonike: 9:30pm On May 14, 2013
I really can't wait to see the effect on these animals called BH. Their children will suffer for each christian they killed,those state will real poverty and remain dry.They r lucky OBJ is not in power ,the whole of borno would have been a 4goten state by now .Am sure the state Emergency will be very effective on these idiots.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Akiika: 9:31pm On May 14, 2013
Why should the state Governors still be at the helms of affair if it is indeed a state of emergency? haven't they failed enough? I guess the president is too timid to confront the state governors. I pray for one brave officer to plan a successful coup and delete some of these polilooters.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Cheerup4dan: 9:31pm On May 14, 2013
Fogman: Welcome development, though late in coming
v good
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 14, 2013
AnanseK:

Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by dokunbam(m): 9:32pm On May 14, 2013
way to go
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by viruz007(m): 9:33pm On May 14, 2013
12.Following recent developments in the affected states, it has become necessary for Government to take extraordinary measures to restore normalcy. After wide consultations, and in exercise of the powers conferred on me by the provisions of Section 305, sub-section 1 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 as amended, I hereby declare a State of Emergency in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states.

13. Accordingly, the Chief of Defence Staff has been directed to immediately deploy more troops to these states for more effective internal security operations. The troops and other security agencies involved in these operations have orders to take all necessary action, within the ambit of their rules of engagement, to put an end to the impunity of insurgents and terrorists.

Now this is what i wanna see and hear esp line 13. That's an iron clad directive and i like IRON CLAD cool cool
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by ibkgab001: 9:33pm On May 14, 2013
Like your Fada !!!!
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by omobaonike: 9:34pm On May 14, 2013
gboss4sure:

Why hasn't the areas be bombarded for long? We wasted time ooooo. How can they mount strange flags in ur country, are they mad? (kai, i dey vex).
I really can't wait to see the effect on these animals called BH. Their children will suffer for each christian they killed,those state will real poverty and remain dry.They r lucky OBJ is not in power ,the whole of borno would have been a 4goten state by now .Am sure the state Emergency will be very effective on these idiots
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 14, 2013
rabosh: Finally, our President functions as Commander in Chief. Good one sir.

Talk is cheap..Speech alone no matter how well delivered will not solve the problem.

He must not just back up with action,he must be brave,firm and uncompromising.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by otipoju(m): 9:38pm On May 14, 2013
If people say Jonathan is weak and retarded, I just smile because they don't understand the complexity of the sitiuation that he is in as a minority president in an extremely tribalistic and corrupt country like nigeria, filled with strong, desperate, blood thirsty,self centered anti- people politicians with their various private armies who relish in whipping up ethnic sentiments with their brand of divide and rule politics. This Jonathan understands the system well and knows the game of power like the back of his hands. If he had declared this state of emergency at the onset our, it would not have been welcome at the least and vehemently resisted at the most... Now he has the mandate of nigerians north and south to tackle this menace with maximum force. I may not like Jonathans fondness for wasteful spending but I quitely aknowledge his knowledge of human nature and his ability to use it to further his aims... Now we will tell Human rights activists to shut the **** up and let us be, northen politicians can not publicly condemn this action else ull be branded as a sponsor of terrorism, the average northener wants his pre-boko-haram sanity returned,the south will not want the menace to come in their direction and are cool this declaration,the JTF has been unleashed and can fight unrestrained with both hands... And if you dare oppose Jonathan you run the risk of being roped into wetin you no know... Masterstroke Shoeless One.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by traffickz(m): 9:39pm On May 14, 2013
I FULLY support this presidential declaration. BH, their supporters as well as their sympathizers can go to HELL. They spilled too much Blood now is battle time. The f**lish terrorist called BH Come out for ROUND 1 tongue
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by jude33084(m): 9:39pm On May 14, 2013
mymz: "19. I want to reassure you all that those who are directly or indirectly encouraging any form of rebellion against the Nigerian state, and their collaborators; those insurgents and terrorists who take delight in killing our security operatives, whoever they may be, wherever they may go, we will hunt them down, we will fish them out, and we will bring them to justice. No matter what it takes, we will win this war against terror".

No you did not just try to copy Obama's statement on terror @the bolded. i thought you were going to find, fish, flush, hunt, catch, bind, tie them and give them amnesty? undecided

MumU
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Cheerup4dan: 9:39pm On May 14, 2013
v good
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by jamace(m): 9:50pm On May 14, 2013
Good decision, Mr President.

Now the die is cast. Boko Haram should surrender immediately else those angry soldiers will castrate them one by one.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by olatunde1234: 9:52pm On May 14, 2013
15.The details of this
Proclamation will be
transmitted to the
National Assembly in
accordance with the
provisions of the
Constitution. But in
the meantime, let
me make it clear
that within the
purview of this
Proclamation, the
Governors and other
political office
holders in the
affected states will
continue to
discharge their
constitutional
responsibilities. Is this not curfew?
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by jude33084(m): 9:54pm On May 14, 2013
AnanseK:

Maluuuuuu cheesy
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by gasby79(m): 9:56pm On May 14, 2013
Right decision Mr president,but don't spare d big men that sponsor these people because if u do u can't win, america never spared anybody that involve in any act of terror directly or indirectly
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by callonme(m): 9:57pm On May 14, 2013
Rap maestro: How does that solve the problem? Can someone explain it to me.... Wtf,
it seems U lack understanding of simple statement....go and read the statement again...Idiot....sori for dt....
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Chrisjane(f): 10:01pm On May 14, 2013
D incessant killing of security officers is becoming alarming! Guess I have to wait for terrorist activities to cool down before joining the army. I still want to be a mother. Lols
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Vegasailin: 10:08pm On May 14, 2013
Mr President,Now i can call you the active president because you have given this islamic sect alot of freedom but now that you have shown them that you are not weak.Long live Nigeria
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by 9jaIhail(m): 10:10pm On May 14, 2013
Did Mohammed Liar listen to this broadcast? Hmmmmm i am sure the ACN dog must not sleep tonight, certainly he must be awake throughout this night writing endless pathetic lies and deceitful words to portray GEJ actions bad, finally incite his brain washed foot soldiers against this administration..

Alright nairalanders, this movie is just starting. Anyone coming to Nairaland tomorrow should keep his/her alomo bitter and popcorn around as you await to read what mohammed liar has to say.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Mogidi: 10:10pm On May 14, 2013
This is a great decision by the president. Most political watchers know if the president had suspended the powers of governors of the affected states their would be chaos. The presidency is doing every thing to avert civil war. Great move mr president.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Tinubu Receives Senator Kwankwaso At The Presidential Villa. Picture. / Shahida Sanusi On Day3 Of Her Wedding Ceremony (Photos) / What Will Happen If I Lose Election – Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.