Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,205 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Business Ideas For Students? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business Ideas For Students? (5607 Views)

25 Small Scale Business Ideas In Nigeria / 5 Business Ideas For Students On Campus / Business Ideas For Nigerian In UK With Contacts In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Business Ideas For Students? by sunboy(m): 10:46am On Apr 22, 2008
What Business Is Best While In School?

Nairalanders please advice me on what business to start to earn something while in school. I live in a private hostel. Any good business idea as a student ?
Re: Business Ideas For Students? by achayz: 5:31pm On Apr 22, 2008
the best business to invest on as a studentĀ  is buying of shares , at least before u graduate it must have appreciated to a good extent, then may be after a while u begin to look out for other successful business opportunities online that u can profit from legitimately from nigeria, so many of them,
Re: Business Ideas For Students? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 22, 2008
Hi,

Just walk around the campus and look for goods/services that students need but are scarce or too expensive. Then you can develop a business from there, depending on how much you have. Business Centre, boutique, barbing salon, digital photo printing might be some ideas.

Cheers,

Kunlef

www.lekkilinks.com
Re: Business Ideas For Students? by naijacutee(f): 9:36am On Apr 24, 2008
Hi sunboy, I discussed a business idea which would be feasible for students on this thread : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-127670.0.html. It's a very handy one, especially around the time when most students have projects/assignments to submit and one can start off for less than N30K. Also, like kunlef suggested, take a look around your campus. What are the things that students usually complain about? What have you complained about in the past? Is there anyway you can make a change?
Re: Business Ideas For Students? by NaijaEcash(m): 9:59am On Apr 25, 2008
@naijacutee
Good recommendation. Those 3 questions if properly answered will generate tons of ideas. It is a good idea to find out what the consumers need or want before settling down to become a provider of such products or services. Any other method will simply be a waste of time.

@Sunboy
You have heard. Take your time to find out what is needed on campus. Then you can carry out feasibility study on the possibility of your supplying solution to those needs. Cheers.
Re: Business Ideas For Students? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 29, 2008
@ sunboy start a matchmaking business now on ur campus,there so many single out ther in ur campus.

i did it when i was in skool,i made money out of it.try it and see

thanks
Re: Business Ideas For Students? by adesupo201: 12:33pm On Apr 30, 2008
@cao alvin

Can you please explain more on the macthmaking bussiness on campus, adesupoodunosho@yahoo.com
Re: Business Ideas For Students? by naijacutee(f): 10:05am On May 04, 2008
It's funny how people expect people who are looking for money, to pay money for mystery packages. Why don't you tell us what this "business" is all about, themac - apart from mentioning the magic words "paypal", "$245,132" ?
Re: Business Ideas For Students? by ibro114: 3:53pm On May 04, 2008
The best business for students and those who do not have much to invest is by solving some student's problem like you who find it difficult to pass their important subjects cool. For more information contact me through my email iismail14@yahoo.com
Re: Business Ideas For Students? by iice(f): 1:41pm On May 05, 2008
naijacutee:

It's funny how people expect people who are looking for money, to pay money for mystery packages. Why don't you tell us what this "business" is all about, themac - apart from mentioning the magic words "paypal", "$245,132" ?

I wonder oooo
I was going to mention what you posted in the other thread but i see you here wink
Re: Business Ideas For Students? by naijacutee(f): 4:29pm On May 13, 2008
I don't know what the social life is like in Nigerian Universities but one might be able to make a business out of organising transportation to social events - clubbing, parties, functions etc. If one collaborates with some local transport companies and can negotiate a partnership where everyone pays a flat fee for transport on maybe a nice air-conditioned bus. . . The organiser would then first campaign to fill upo the bus up to the quantity where he can pay the fees, and then any extra goes into his pocket.
Re: Business Ideas For Students? by DisGuy: 4:39am On May 14, 2008
^^ u beat me to it

anyway, I think you can also make money organising weekenders to tourist destinations around the country
Especially during the weekends, Easter or summer breaks; i got this idea from a leaflet in the student union offering 3 day breaks in Finland or some other European country where skiing is the main ting

You can hire a coach
book well in advance to get discount
Offer swimming lessons or skydiving lessons yea rite

Ghana
Togo
Benin
Obudu ranch
Abeokuta
sherry hills*
mambilla plateau
Yankari and many many place

I'm very sure most people would love to visit these places they talk about but never see
Just make sure you get everything covered transportation,accommodation and stick to the timetable
people have to get to class the next monday! wink
Re: Business Ideas For Students? by abujabooks(f): 10:45am On May 14, 2008
Recharge card business.
Re: Business Ideas For Students? by chyke27(m): 12:23am On Jan 13, 2011
If you have ready access to the internet,an online business will do just fine.If you are interested in an online business that has created a substantial income for me then send your inquiry to stratocash@yahoo.com
Re: Business Ideas For Students? by ultrazone(m): 1:38am On Apr 03, 2015
hhh

(1) (Reply)

We Monetize BG/SBLC From African Banks Now!!! / Mindsets That Guarantee Success In Online Business / Are Their Private Investors Or Lenders In Nigeria ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.