Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,409 members, 7,826,581 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Was Prof. Chinua Achebe Not A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Prof. Chinua Achebe Not A Christian? (1913 Views)

Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare / 10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Prof. Chinua Achebe Not A Christian? by GraphicsPlus(m): 7:35am On May 15, 2013
Asked this because I read on Sun News that there will be lots of masquerades during his burial ceremony and that he will be buried at night. Was he a traditionalist? I though he was a Christian.
Re: Was Prof. Chinua Achebe Not A Christian? by okeyxyz(m): 2:01pm On May 15, 2013
Who gives a forck if he's christian or not?? Did he write christian literature or he wrote african literature? Was he renowned for teaching christian doctrine or he's renowned for presenting the african story and culture??

Besides, does being a christian nullify ones ancestry? Let his earthly brothers honor him as they see fit, as a son of their phallus.

When Oyakhilome, Adeboye, Oyedepo, etc die, then you can celebrate them according to their life's profession. Chinua Achebe spent his life professing his Africaness.

I bow for dis kain christian mentality oo.

1 Like

Re: Was Prof. Chinua Achebe Not A Christian? by GraphicsPlus(m): 3:21am On May 20, 2013
Well, u ar wrong. Because he wrote no Christian book doesnt mean he's nt a Christian. Again, been a Christian will indeed separate u from idolatrous pratices of ur people.
Re: Was Prof. Chinua Achebe Not A Christian? by mazaje1: 7:40am On May 20, 2013
He wasn't a christian. . .
Re: Was Prof. Chinua Achebe Not A Christian? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:23pm On May 20, 2013
He is African Traditional Religion practitioner
Re: Was Prof. Chinua Achebe Not A Christian? by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 20, 2013
Nigerias really need to stop and think......our greatest thinkers

Soyinka and Achebe were not christians.......

Infact, the voted world's best thinker is not a christian....Richard Dawkins....

There is some negative correlation between christianity and intelligence
Re: Was Prof. Chinua Achebe Not A Christian? by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 20, 2013
^ Who was voted world's best drinker? grin
Re: Was Prof. Chinua Achebe Not A Christian? by Vansnickers: 8:18pm On May 20, 2013
okeyxyz: Who gives a forck if he's christian or not?? Did he write christian literature or he wrote african literature? Was he renowned for teaching christian doctrine or he's renowned for presenting the african story and culture??

Besides, does being a christian nullify ones ancestry? Let his earthly brothers honor him as they see fit, as a son of their phallus.

When Oyakhilome, Adeboye, Oyedepo, etc die, then you can celebrate them according to their life's profession. Chinua Achebe spent his life professing his Africaness.

I bow for dis kain christian mentality oo.

(1) (Reply)

HELP!..,...I Don't Want To Become An Athiest! / Pastor Adeboye Under Fire Over Asking Church Members To Donate N1billion Each >> / Occult Power Live Demonstration (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.