Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,028 members, 7,849,155 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 03:25 PM

2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno (38574 Views)

Thousands Return To Borno After Boko Haram Ouster / 5,000 Soldiers Involved In Fight Against Boko Haram Get Promotion / 50 Heavily Armed Soldiers Deployed To Nyesom Wike‘s Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Solozzo(m): 6:21am On May 16, 2013
A lot of efforts should be put into local intelligence gathering about the plans, whereabouts of BH. The soldiers should show friendship with local people rather than harassing and frightening them from reporting activities of BH. Local leaders should be educated about why so many soldiers on their land, regular security meetings with the military officers is also helpful.amnesty negotiations with BH should continue using a stick and carrot approach. Good discipline and ethical training for our soldiers to respect local traditions and religious restrictions, emphasizing they are a peacekeeping force is vital.

If we miss his kind of approach for this mission, the local guys would be scared and BH would whip up sentiments against the army and this would not benefit the mission. Show of force is good but local reassurance, support, intelligence gathering and education is key to success.

God bless the JTF.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by pjosh1(m): 7:37am On May 16, 2013
luvinhubby: If he runs, shoot.
If he mumbles, shoot.
If he screams, shoot.
If looks dirty with an unkept beard, shoot.
If he is doing above 80km/h, shoot.
If he speaks only hausa & no english (mercenary), aim for the skull,
If he looks like Buhari, shoot, grin
Shoot first & ask questions later.

LAUGH DON KILL ME grin
If he mumbles, shoot.
If he screams, shoot.

LAUGH DON KILL ME grin
If he mumbles, shoot.
If he screams, shoot.

LAUGH DON KILL ME grin
If he mumbles, shoot.
If he screams, shoot.

LAUGH DON KILL ME
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Nctrice(m): 8:54am On May 16, 2013
The key to the success of this emergency rule lies with the number of SSS deployed, all the soldiers are to do is create enabling environment for them to work!
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Nobody: 9:07am On May 16, 2013
Solozzo: A lot of efforts should be put into local intelligence gathering about the plans, whereabouts of BH. The soldiers should show friendship with local people rather than harassing and frightening them from reporting activities of BH. Local leaders should be educated about why so many soldiers on their land, regular security meetings with the military officers is also helpful.amnesty negotiations with BH should continue using a stick and carrot approach. Good discipline and ethical training for our soldiers to respect local traditions and religious restrictions, emphasizing they are a peacekeeping force is vital.

If we miss his kind of approach for this mission, the local guys would be scared and BH would whip up sentiments against the army and this would not benefit the mission. Show of force is good but local reassurance, support, intelligence gathering and education is key to success.

God bless the JTF.

Rubbish, no time for all this grammar anymore, u can use it to write your project in school. Its time to exterminate and crush the Boko rats.

God Bless JTF
God Bless Biafra
God Bless Nigeria
God Bless me
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by tunex23: 9:13am On May 16, 2013
mobuch:

Rubbish, no time for all this grammar anymore, u can use it to write your project in school. Its time to exterminate and crush the Boko rats.

God Bless JTF
God Bless Biafra
God Bless Nigeria
God Bless me
Seconded!
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by jujukemist(m): 9:36am On May 16, 2013
Our troops must for now, also exemplify the face of the FG in these areas, as state govt and local govt has since abdicated from their responsibilities. Hearts and Minds are very critical to this mission. Our troops must also know that the local govt officials still alive are all BH sympathizers my coercion. They are all paying protection fee cool
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Nobody: 11:13am On May 16, 2013
What took them so long? Must they always romance security threats in the name of due process and trying not to step on political toes. It took a few killings of both civilians n military personnel in Plateau before OBJ declared State of Emergency. We as a nation understands the language of FORCE and nothing more.

You don't assuage an idol that demands human head with the head of a cow.

1 Like

Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by ayyoshert: 2:19pm On May 16, 2013
let Benjamin 'Red Scorpion' Adekunle's quote be their motto
'We shot at things moving and the things not moving'
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by o42austino(m): 2:17pm On May 19, 2013
Rossikk:

Canada, France, the UK, Egypt, Morocco and Belgium among other countries, still use Alpha Jets in their fleets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dassault/Dornier_Alpha_Jet
they dont use it as combat jets any more, they only use it to train and instruct the to be combat pilots.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by akaleb2015(m): 9:46am On Jul 08, 2015
it is not all about the instruments used deployed to destroy terrorism by the federal government. But it is about the mentality and right attitude to work and fight terrorism we need action not complain because cannot do any thing on ground there must be less complain and do more work because you will be judged by the work of your hands
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by SimiSugar: 8:13pm On Jan 07, 2020
I m looking for a serious native doctor. Could someone help me ? Thanks advanced!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

PHOTO: Pres. Buhari Appoints Head of Amnesty Programme For Ex militants / Fayose Insults Sheikh Muhydeen Ajani-Bello, Islamic Cleric / What Will Happen If I Lose Election – Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.