Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,022 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist (10244 Views)

Enugu Massacre: South-East Senators Call For Emergency SE/SS Summit / APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting / Yobe Governor Supports Emergency Rule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by mukina2: 9:40am On May 15, 2013
A Professor of Criminology, Femi Odekunle has said the declaration of emergency rule in three northern states by President Goodluck Jonathan should have included Kano.

Mr Odekunle, who was a guest on Channels Television’s breakfast programme, Sunrise Daily, said the president took the right step by declaring emergency rule in an area occupied by some people who are waging war against the state.

He said, “I thought there must be some criteria for declaring a state of emergency on any part of the country. And I was thinking, from all indications, why is Kano for example excluded because Kano had suffered in terms of quantum and quality of terrorist damage like the other states.”

Mr Odekunle argued that based on the frequency of attacks in Kano, President Jonathan should have included it among Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states that are currently under emergency rule.

In what appeared to be about the boldest step taken by the Federal Government in tackling the insurgency in the northern part of Nigeria, President Jonathan on Tuesday declared a state of emergency in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states.

The President said the state of emergency is a necessary step to halt the insurgency of the dreaded Boko Haram members who have turned down the offer of dialogue and amnesty extended to them by the Federal Government.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGfBIu2srd8

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/05/15/criminologist-says-kano-also-qualifies-for-emergency-rule/

1 Like

Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by niyivasaz(m): 9:58am On May 15, 2013
ok
Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by fitzmayowa: 9:58am On May 15, 2013
Hmmmm...I was expecting to see kano on that list, though adamawa has been peaceful for a while now, but its still a base for suspected terrorists. I guess Jonathan knows something about kano that the rest of us don't know, which makes him exclude kano from the list...Nigerian leaders and their useless politics...SMH

2 Likes

Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by Nobody: 9:58am On May 15, 2013
This man is so on point. State of emergency withouy Kano listed is a fraud, still beats me why Adamawa that has been peaceful for quite sometime was listed but Kano which happens to be the HQ of suicide bombing is not, is there something we need to know?
Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by momodub: 10:00am On May 15, 2013
Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by adonismuller(m): 10:00am On May 15, 2013
All dese profs TOo. Dey wan form itk!
Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by dridowu: 10:01am On May 15, 2013
Kano 100% should be declare state of emmegency
Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by visiondee(m): 10:01am On May 15, 2013
GEJ has made the right decision, starting with the states at hand, just hope my SOLDIER MEN will restore SANITY

2 Likes

Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by dulaman: 10:02am On May 15, 2013
Na PDP now. Like someone said. Adamawa is just used as a scapegoat make e no be like say na only opposition them touch. Afterall kano hot pass adamawa.

3 Likes

Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by Decapo: 10:03am On May 15, 2013
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by Lilimax(f): 10:04am On May 15, 2013
mukina2:
Mr Odekunle argued that based on the frequency of attacks in Kano, President Jonathan should have included it among Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states that are currently under emergency rule.
The president knows what he is doing. Let start with the three states. It will serve as a deterant to the other states that the BH boys are operating.

1 Like

Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by Hadone(m): 10:05am On May 15, 2013
Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by grafikii: 10:06am On May 15, 2013
dulaman: Na PDP now. Like someone said. Adamawa is just used as a scapegoat make e no be like say na only opposition them touch. Afterall kano hot pass adamawa.
Gbam
Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by fallingsky(m): 10:09am On May 15, 2013
I thought so myself.. Well, that notwithstanding, kudos to Mr President.
Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by ELgordo(m): 10:09am On May 15, 2013
hear . . . . hear
Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by greatmen: 10:11am On May 15, 2013
GEJ HAS BEEN PUSHED TO THE WALL EXPECT MORE!!!

1 Like

Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by FrenchyL(m): 10:12am On May 15, 2013
dridowu: Kano 100% should be declare state of emmegency

I totally agree with you.
Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by olapluto(m): 10:13am On May 15, 2013
I think he declared the emergency in those BORDER states for a reason. Whatever insurgency is in KANO can be contained. Those in border states are more difficult. Also crippling Kano will cripple Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by forkadict(m): 10:14am On May 15, 2013
Jona dey fear ni. That's the reason. Fear.

Kano and sokoto states are perhaps the most relevant of the northern states judging by history.

So our cowardly presido has anticipated the uproar of making such a move, so he just jejely chose Adamawa.

What a cowardly and Confused murraforker

1 Like

Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by achi4u(m): 10:18am On May 15, 2013
They see kano as the north central capital which need to be reserves for the main time,SMH the entire north need to be encircled.
Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by wellmax(m): 10:20am On May 15, 2013
ola_pluto: I think he declared the emergency in those BORDER states for a reason. Whatever insurgency is in KANO can be contained. Those in border states are more difficult. Also crippling Kano will cripple Nigeria

You were right until you said the bolded, Crippling Kano WILL NOT cripple Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by forkadict(m): 10:20am On May 15, 2013
achi4u: They see kano as the north central capital which need to be reserves for the main time,SMH the entire north need to be encircled.

Sokoto has been largely peaceful. same with Katsina
Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by Truckpusher(m): 10:21am On May 15, 2013
fork adict: Jona dey fear ni. That's the reason. Fear.

Kano and sokoto states are perhaps the most relevant of the northern states judging by history.

So our cowardly presido has anticipated the uproar of making such a move, so he just jejely chose Adamawa.

That wasn't cowardice you ACN goon that is high on cheap drugs and alcohol.

Common sense and patience is needed in fighting an insurgency that has the sympathy of their own folks though i never expected peeps like you to understand anything apart from party thuggery and constituting nuisance...smh

2 Likes

Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by achi4u(m): 10:24am On May 15, 2013

my thought exactly
Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by confusion247(m): 10:26am On May 15, 2013
ola_pluto: I think he declared the emergency in those BORDER states for a reason. Whatever insurgency is in KANO can be contained. Those in border states are more difficult. Also crippling Kano will cripple Nigeria
Crippling kano means crippling boko haram not Nigeria.
Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by okolichibuzor(m): 10:26am On May 15, 2013
sorry to post dis.... Our president na woman... And also a fool.... Why didn't he decare emagency rule to kano,sokoto,kadunaa..... Or did de governors of the state didn't pay him age
Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by achi4u(m): 10:29am On May 15, 2013
wellmax:

You were right until you said the bolded, Crippling Kano WILL NOT cripple Nigeria.
Yessoo!
It's high time we begin to remove those "fear of the north" and the right thing at the right time.

What will happen if Kano were inclouded to the emergency?
Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by anonimi: 10:30am On May 15, 2013

And what did brave ex-soldier OBJ do when the same north introduced Sharia

Your president GEJ by your estimate is "cowardly & confused murraforker" because you and others who see him as such are even more of such qualifying adjectives.

Can you please tell us what your non-cowardly LGA boss and councillor have done for you lately?
Do you get locked up every last Saturday of the month for ENVIRONMENTAL sanitation that the LGA is already paid to do?

Just a very TINY example of why you are even more "cowardly & confused murraforker".

BTW, can we hear a political-ogist opinion on Kano being on or off the list. Political scientists and MILITARY STRATEGISTS are more likely to view things from a broader perspective than a criminologist who should be helping the POLICE deal with petty & big crimes. We are talking here about TERRORISTS who are rapidly getting territorial and need to be dealt with by the ARMED FORCES!

6 Likes

Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by kennyfellow(m): 10:31am On May 15, 2013
FrenchyL:

Re: Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist by magnificentsk(m): 10:34am On May 15, 2013
FrenchyL:

on what platform did you agreed with him pls get your facts and talk for yourself if you need to know KANO IS SAFE FOR NOW.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed Diverting Ministry’s Funds Towards Buhari’s Re-election – PDP / Umahi: Ogun Cleared To Fix, Toll Abeokuta-Ota Highway / Breaking News:: Crisis In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.