Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,849 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Common sense in the Yoruba History - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Common sense in the Yoruba History (1055 Views)

Rotimi Amaechi Is The ‘general’ Of Common Sense Revolution – Tinubu / Alaafin Tackles Ooni On Yoruba History / OBJ In Yoruba History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Common sense in the Yoruba History by mandarin: 12:30pm On May 15, 2013
Got this piece but i wish to assert the following: I want intellectual contributions and common sense reasonings.
[b]The probable site of Atlantis, a legendary site in the Atlantic Ocean were exact location of Ile-Ife, a powerful kingdom 9000 years before the birth of BOLON. Its powerful army over run the Mediterranean land. The people of Atlantis are the founder of the ancient civilization of Atlantis from which the Atlantic ocean derived its name; Yorubas called it "Okun" with "Olokun" as the Orisa that presided over that aspect of Nature. It is the teaching of occultists that the first race of Atlanteans was called Rmoahals.

The race was Mahogany Black in color about 10ft. to 12 ft.

"Ile- Ife ase n taye nibi ojumo ti n mo wa" (Ile-Ife the primordial place where the day light comes forth) is the original home of the Yorubas, civilization and culture. Did you know that Ife (Yoruba) gave the world the civilization as we know it today? For instance, "Britons received their civilization from Rome: Rome from Greece: Greece from Persia: Persia from Ghaldea: Ghaldea from Babylon: Babylonians and Hebrews from Egypt: Egypt from the Tyrrhenians and the Tyrrhenians from the ancient Ile-Ife.

Yorubas refered to themselves as "Eniyan" or Eni ti Aayan" (the Chosen Ones to bring blessing to the world). "Ifa ni dandan, eniyan ni a yan lati mu ire wa si aye."

Lamurudu or Nimrod was never mentioned in any of the Odu Ifa therefore he could not be any of the Yorubas' ancestors. Yorubas are known for paying close attention to their ancestors.

References:
"From Invincible World", by Justice Adewale Thomson and Lieutenant Colonel Arthur E. Powell
"Voices of Africa" by Leo Frobenius

Author: The Curator
Ile Asa Abalaye
(A Yoruba-World Museum of Science & Culture)[/b]

I want to believe the Yoruba is made up of aborigines and settlers. Who are the aborigines and who are the settlers becomes the question. i DO NOT BELIEVE IN PEOPLE FALLING FROM THE SKY WHICH COULD MEAN A MAN WHOSE BACKGROUND IS MYSTERIOUS OR WHO DERIVED POWER FROM HEAVEN!
That a portion of the Yoruba has link with Nimrod may be possible or some from Egypt will be acceptable considering the linguistic connection: http://www.raceandhistory.com/cgi-bin/forum/webbbs_config.pl/noframes/read/2139.
However there is such a great similarity between Nok historical works and Yoruba arts which may infer that there was once a kingdom from present central Nigeria down to western Nigeria which may be a rather very old one.
The word Yoruba itself does not really appear to have a yoruba meaning or as far as i know. However looking at the various dialects of the Yoruba country there were relationships. For instance Kings in Ijesa and Ekiti are titled 'Owa' while looking at physical appearance the Eastern side of the Yoruba country are on the average fairer and characteristically expressive and undiplomatic while the western parts are darker and diplomatically savvy.
I want to assume that the ancient kingdom would comprise of ethnic groups of Yoruba, Itsekiri, Edo, Igala and parts of what is Nupe today.
Just what am I driving at? The Yoruba history has been tailored to reflect divers perspective while eroding the actual the realities of the source which ordinarily will have something to do with Ife. I believe the garden of Eden may be around somewhere in Western Nigeria and borrowing some historical source from the folklores or understanding of some oracles' history may contribute a whole lot(mind you i do not believe in atheism or idolatry)

(1) (Reply)

What Will Happened If Jonathan Doesn't Win 2015 Elections- / Koro:a Rare Breed politician / Orji Kalu To Amaechi: You Can’t Win Battle Against Jonathan .....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.