Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,560 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

OBJ In Yoruba History - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBJ In Yoruba History (3139 Views)

Pictures Of Obj In Senegal / "leave Our Country", Protesters Tell Obj In Senegal / Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

OBJ In Yoruba History by bilms(m): 4:51pm On Jul 01, 2012
Folarin Lawal Sode
Before it was Obj VS Awolowo, Obj VS MKO, Obj vs Bola Ige, Obj vs Alayande, Obj vs Falae in fact all the old brigades now Obj vs Fayose, obj vs Ladoja, Obj vs Daniel, Obj vs Tinubu etc and someone is still asking why the yorubas refused to accept this man as their leader. The man is simply an example of the fact that heavens can be favourable to anybody, whether he is good or bad.

Till date, the yoruba's still do not accept OBj as the leader..

what can you say about this?
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by kunlekunle: 4:18am On Jul 02, 2012
obj to me is a nigerian first then a yoruba man. A custodian of nigeria, that was bestowed by the british govt.
A pro or core nigerian is never accepted in the west. akintola for example
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by Gbawe: 7:22am On Jul 02, 2012
kunlekunle: obj to me is a nigerian first then a yoruba man. A custodian of nigeria, that was bestowed by the british govt.

Please give the revisionism a rest. How about OBJ's vengeful and direct malevolence against his own region many find very difficult to forget?
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by Pukkah: 7:39am On Jul 02, 2012
kunlekunle: obj to me is a nigerian first then a yoruba man. A custodian of nigeria, that was bestowed by the british govt.

Well, although your definition of a 'pro or core Nigerian' is not very clear but in which part of the country has such a man been accepted? North or East?

You may also want to shed more light on why OBJ is more 'pro or core Nigerian' than an Awolowo? By the way, where would you class MKO - 'pro or core Nigerian' or not and was he accepted in the West?
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 02, 2012
OBJ is an Ømo ita. So he cannot be an Omo'lè
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by bilms(m): 10:51am On Jul 02, 2012
lol
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by tpia5: 2:55pm On Jul 02, 2012
I dont think obj would agree with thread titles such as these.

He doesnt really see himself as primarily a yoruba man, imo.
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by kunlekunle: 3:51pm On Jul 02, 2012
i would liken him to the republicans in America and conservatives in uk.
they are mostly military men, thats why i said he's a custodian.
Awo was more yoruba than nigerian, check his cries on Akintolas intentions that created his hatred in the west.
Although mko could be squeezed in but still require to learn how the system works at the top.

Pukkah:

Well, although your definition of a 'pro or core Nigerian' is not very clear but in which part of the country has such a man been accepted? North or East?

You may also want to shed more light on why OBJ is more 'pro or core Nigerian' than an Awolowo? By the way, where would you class MKO - 'pro or core Nigerian' or not and was he accepted in the West?
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by kunlekunle: 3:57pm On Jul 02, 2012
aze: OBJ is an Ømo ita. So he cannot be an Omo'lè

what do you think is causing GEJ problem?
he is a SS president, not nigerian president.
till he reverses his ideolgy of ruling nigeria
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by bilms(m): 1:34pm On Jul 03, 2012
u don test him genotype?
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by T9ksy(m): 2:19pm On Jul 03, 2012
Both OBJoke and MKO would never be considered as “omoluabi” in the proper Yoruba cultural context hence when OBJ was jailed by his partners-in- crime, the yorubas didn’t shed any tears for him. They remembered how OBJ rigged the ’79 election in favour of his hausa/Fulani puppet masters.

Same thing transpired when Diya who comes from the same LGA in ijebuland as my good self was held on a trumped-up coup plot. Yorubas never forgot how he (diya) looked the other way as abacha-his boss, sent many Yoruba sons and daughters into exile or 6ft under.

Ditto, MKO who was neck in with the northerners in the late 70's and was actually vilifying the old sage to the great amusement and benefit of his northern allies but unfortunately our detractors who don’t understands us failed to appreciate what really transpired during the june 12th saga.Despite his magnamousity, MKO had trampled and rubbished the yoruba culture to the extent, he could not be placed in the same mould as an, "omoluabi". The yorubas weren’t exactly fighting for MKO per se but rather for the fact that, here was a man who majority of the populace voted for, to be their next president so no group of people(in the country)had the right to then arbitrally scuttle the election just ‘cause it didn’t fit in with their ulterior and sinister motive.

Its akin to how the yorubas fought for the drunken fisherman with no shoes during the “yar adua-can-rule-from-his coffin” shenannigan that saw turai relegating Badluck to her bag-lady.

It’s all about fairness and justice(to all)which forms part of the bedrock of the yoruba cultural identity and norms.

5 Likes

Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by Lisa1: 3:19pm On Jul 03, 2012
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by HyeBits: 6:55pm On Jul 03, 2012
T9ksy: Both OBJoke and MKO would never be considered as “omoluabi” in the proper Yoruba cultural context hence when OBJ was jailed by his partners-in- crime, the yorubas didn’t shed any tears for him. They remembered how OBJ rigged the ’79 election in favour of his hausa/Fulani puppet masters.

Same thing transpired when Diya who comes from the same LGA in ijebuland as my good self was held on a trumped-up coup plot. Yorubas never forgot how he (diya) looked the other way as abacha-his boss, sent many Yoruba sons and daughters into exile or 6ft under.

Ditto, MKO who was neck in with the northerners in the late 70's and was actually vilifying the old sage to the great amusement and benefit of his northern allies but unfortunately our detractors who don’t understands us failed to appreciate what really transpired during the june 12th saga.Despite his magnamousity, MKO had trampled and rubbished the yoruba culture to the extent, he could not be placed in the same mould as an, "omoluabi". The yorubas weren’t exactly fighting for MKO per se but rather for the fact that, here was a man who majority of the populace voted for, to be their next president so no group of people(in the country)had the right to then arbitrally scuttle the election just ‘cause it didn’t fit in with their ulterior and sinister motive.

Its akin to how the yorubas fought for the drunken fisherman with no shoes during the “yar adua-can-rule-from-his coffin” shenannigan that saw turai relegating Badluck to her bag-lady.

It’s all about fairness and justice(to all)which forms part of the bedrock of the yoruba cultural identity and norms.
Nailed!
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by VoodooDoll(m): 8:52pm On Jul 03, 2012
Nicely put.

T9ksy: Both OBJoke and MKO would never be considered as “omoluabi” in the proper Yoruba cultural context hence when OBJ was jailed by his partners-in- crime, the yorubas didn’t shed any tears for him. They remembered how OBJ rigged the ’79 election in favour of his hausa/Fulani puppet masters.

Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by bilms(m): 11:14am On Jul 04, 2012
omoluabi in the house...
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by kunlekunle: 12:44pm On Jul 04, 2012

who now in SW is an omoluabi
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by T9ksy(m): 10:01pm On Jul 04, 2012
kunlekunle:

The fact that you have to ask the question shows you are not one.

2 Likes

Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by Lisa1: 3:28am On Jul 05, 2012
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by kunlekunle: 8:58am On Jul 05, 2012
T9ksy:

The fact that you have to ask the question shows you are not one.

if yes or no am not into politics.
your response can stir the ground for a sw leader.
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by bilms(m): 9:15am On Jul 06, 2012
good question
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by T9ksy(m): 2:31pm On Jul 06, 2012
kunlekunle:

if yes or no am not into politics.
your response can stir the ground for a sw leader.

Neither am i but yet can discern an "Omoluabi" when i see one.
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by Katsumoto: 2:42pm On Jul 06, 2012
Anyone who considers OBJ a Yoruba leader needs his/her head examined. OBJ cannot lead his ward in Egbaland let alone the Yoruba people.

OBJ actualized reversed the progress made by previous Yoruba leaders and set the children of Odua back by at least 20 years. OBJ's conflicts with all those mentioned by the OP all have one thing in common - OBJ's self-interest and self-preservation.

End of discussion
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by bilms(m): 5:47pm On Jul 06, 2012
who is omoluabi?
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by alexola20(m): 6:05pm On Jul 06, 2012
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by aljharem(m): 6:17pm On Jul 06, 2012
kunlekunle:

grin grin grin grin grin LOL

smh for you.
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by kunlekunle: 7:30pm On Jul 06, 2012
T9ksy:

Neither am i but yet can discern an "Omoluabi" when i see one.

so you can discern tinubu from miles away as an omoluabi.
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by isalegan2: 1:40am On Jul 07, 2012
Hmmm. Derailment into Tinubu related fisticuffs ensuing. . . undecided

Also, let S.L. Akintola rest in peace. I still have not seen any proof that the man did anything to turn back or arrest the progress of Yoruba people. My dad, a confirmed Awoist (but Tinubu-'hater') describes Akintola as a gentleman. Until I see conclusive evidence he did Yoruba wrong or behaved in a manner lacking the dignity that we expect from our true leaders, I have to agree with that assessment.

The same cannot be said of the man we're discussing here tonight. OBJ is most certainly not an omoluabi. Actually, the word most often used to describe him is ika. angry
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by kunlekunle: 5:14am On Jul 07, 2012
i was only analysing him politically based on his ideology re SW
when ideologies clashes thats the result you get. everyone to his tent.
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by bilms(m): 6:54am On Jul 07, 2012
in assesing obj,we must do justice aswell. He didn't lead yoruba to work for youra specifically,he lead nigeria to work for all. Y should we castigate him so much for nt being sectional? We should rather accuse him for nt doing enough as president.
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by ektbear: 9:18am On Jul 07, 2012
I like OBJ. But while his actions were probably good overall for Nigeria as a whole, I'm not sure they were great for Yorubaland specifically.

So, mixed feelings on the guy.
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by isalegan2: 10:40am On Jul 07, 2012
ekt_bear: I like OBJ. But while his actions were probably good overall for Nigeria as a whole, I'm not sure they were great for Yorubaland specifically.

So, mixed feelings on the guy.

shocked shocked shocked His actions were not "good overall for Nigeria" or anyone else, in the slightest. He's an evil corrupt vengeful daughter-in-law-molesting power-hungry vicious venal CIA stooge who sold us out to the neo-colonialists! angry
Re: OBJ In Yoruba History by kunlekunle: 11:07am On Jul 07, 2012
[/quote][quote author=ekt_bear]I like OBJ. But while his actions were probably good overall for Nigeria as a whole, I'm not sure they were great for Yorubaland specifically.

So, mixed feelings on the guy.[/quote

baba is more nigerian than yoruba.
his actions paved way for current political climate, we'll understand his actions in the future.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stop Deceiving Us With Eko O Ni Baje / Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? / Jonathan Hits Back At APC, Kwankwaso, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.