Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,095 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. (3892 Views)

Why Did God Do These Things? Inviting Reyginus And Any Other Interested Parties / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing / A Thread For Wiegraf And Affiliated And All Other Interested Parties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by thehomer: 4:03pm On May 15, 2013
As I said before, I have a counter argument for you (Mr Anony) which I think does a better job against God.

Premise 1: God exists and cares about humans.
Premise 2: God would prefer it if most or all humans go to heaven.
Premise 3: All children who die below the age of three years will go to heaven.
Conclusion: It would be right to kill all children below the age of three years until the human species goes extinct. Following from this, the person who does this is the ultimate altruist.

The God here is a variant of the Christian God. And you may assume that people go on living in some form after their death.

In fact, this reasoning has been used as a justification of God's command to commit genocide.

How would you respond?
Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by sylve11: 4:25pm On May 15, 2013
Atheist on the lose again. cool
Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:55pm On May 15, 2013
sylve11: Atheist on the lose again. cool

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" smiley

1 Like

Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by vedaxcool(m): 5:07pm On May 15, 2013
thehomer: As I said before, I have a counter argument for you (Mr Anony) which I think does a better job against God.

Conclusion: It would be right to kill all children below the age of three years until the human species goes extinct. Following from this, the person who does this is the ultimate altruist.

The God here is a variant of the Christian God. And you may assume that people go on living in some form after their death.

In fact, this reasoning has been used as a justification of God's command to commit genocide.

How would you respond?

grin grin grin grin and God told Humans to kill babies? Your conclusion is just as false as atheism, since God forbade humans from taking the life of another, it then follows, Obedience to God is more important than any false altruism, . . ., after all God could have simply ended the life of the children if it is his will, since it is not his will, then his will, which he clearly has expressed, "we should not take the life of anybody", holds true for any action we want to take.

1 Like

Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 15, 2013
vedaxcool:

grin grin grin grin and God told Humans to kill babies? Your conclusion is just as false as atheism, since God forbade humans from taking the life of another, it then follows, Obedience to God is more important than any false altruism, . . ., after all God could have simply ended the life of the children if it is his will, since it is not his will, then his will, which he clearly has expressed, "we should not take the life of anybody", holds true for any action we want to take.

Guy, go back to your cave in the islam section.

6 Likes

Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 15, 2013
Patiently waiting for Mr. Anony.

Was captivated reading the Homer's comments on the other thread and so will be on the sidelines for this one.....
Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by nnofaith: 5:45pm On May 15, 2013
vedaxcool:

why then did mohammed behead 700 banu quraiza jews? why didnt allah just just use his will to do it?

2 Likes

Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 15, 2013
vedaxcool:

Interesting.
Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

Lol be nice.
Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by vedaxcool(m): 6:21pm On May 15, 2013
nnofaith: why then did mohammed behead 700 banu quraiza jews? why didnt allah just just use his will to do it?

Lol! If I recall correctly, the banu quraiza where trial according to their own scriptures,by a judge of their own choosing! Any way I understand your question, which like thehommer is based on a false premise, you would understand thehommer entire arguement if your understand sectarianism in religion, hommer simply ignored tenants of the christians faith to make a case for murdering baby in the name of saving them for paradise, and that is how twisting of religion occurs an individual ignores basic commandments of his religion and invents his own meaning to religion, which I have clearly showed in this case tries inventing a will, God have never intended and supplanting such a will with THE Will God actually stated! To answer your question it sounds better but fails like the latter, why didn't Allah just willed them to death, because he just didn't! Simple! Why did you take coffee(assuming so) because you wanted to, why did you take an afternoon nap, because you wanted to, so also Allah does what he wants, and in this case he left Muhammad pbuh to deal with the issue, had Allah wanted a different outcome he would have intervened, e.g if God wanted to give "logic"boy a functional brain, HE simply does, regardless of whether I like it, you hate it, everybody dislike it, HE simply does what he wills, but as long as God decides not to give "l"b a functional brain, regardless of our prayers etc it will remain so, for as long as possible! And that my friend is how it works, you may as well ask why did he make you a muslim if he wanted humanity to worship him, well because HE have decided to create the world in such a way that HE deems fit!

So no faith, you atheists are not in a position to define God to a theist, since u have decided not to know God, rather we are to tell you based on our understanding of the scriptures we believe he gave us to, and in this case the hommer decided by the typical ignorance of atheism to ignore what christians believe to be God Will to them! So also your question ignores what Allah revealed to Muslims, He does what HE deems fit and in the case of banu Q, HE did what HE deemed fit!
Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by nnofaith: 6:25pm On May 15, 2013
@ vedaxcool.
it looks more like the affairs of men to me!
Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by nnofaith: 6:26pm On May 15, 2013
@vedaxcool
it looks like the affairs of men to me!
Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by vedaxcool(m): 6:35pm On May 15, 2013
nnofaith: @vedaxcool
it looks like the affairs of men to me!

Maybe you are getting me, my point is Allah does what he wills, and in this case like any other he has provided men with the Qur'an as a form of guidance, a collection of what is expected of men, because God has given men a certain degree of freedom in their action and affairs, in the case of banu Q, they were trialed according to their own revealed scriptures by a judge of their own choosing now the point is the process follows what laws etc made for the benefit of men, men at the end of the day choose whether a certain law applies to a particular case etc! But my point remains if HE wanted them to live HE would easily done so, if HE had wanted them to die by a means of his own choosen HE would have easily done so because HIS WILL always prevails!
Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by thehomer: 6:49pm On May 15, 2013
vedaxcool:

You need to learn to follow a train of thought. Is it important to obey a God who commands genocide? Or who commands Abraham to kill his own child?
Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by nnofaith: 7:00pm On May 15, 2013
vedaxcool:

Maybe you are getting me, my point is Allah does what he wills, and in this case like any other he has provided men with the Qur'an as a form of guidance, a collection of what is expected of men, because God has given men a certain degree of freedom in their action and affairs, in the case of banu Q, they were trialed according to their own revealed scriptures by a judge of their own choosing now the point is the process follows what laws etc made for the benefit of men, men at the end of the day choose whether a certain law applies to a particular case etc! But my point remains if HE wanted them to live HE would easily done so, if HE had wanted them to die by a means of his own choosen HE would have easily done so because HIS WILL always prevails!
what point is allah trying to make by creating jews and sending an arabic phrophet to behead them?
Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

ouch embarassed
Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by thehomer: 7:22pm On May 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

A similar mistake the Americans made until they shot Osama in the eye in a three storey building in a city. They've moved out of caves and enjoy modern amenities while embracing bronze age ideas.
Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by nnofaith: 7:27pm On May 15, 2013
you guys should stop yabbing the "the people of the cave" na.
Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by vedaxcool(m): 7:38pm On May 15, 2013
nnofaith: what point is allah trying to make by creating jews and sending an arabic phrophet to behead them?

Now perversion of the truth something atheists thrive in doing, seems to be what ur fall back position is, the above represent your own contrived history, and your own contrived story of God, to the best of my knowledge your initial question has been answered, since you have resort to lies to validate your disbelief, you deserve no answer!
Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by vedaxcool(m): 7:40pm On May 15, 2013
thehomer:

You need to learn to follow a train of thought. Is it important to obey a God who commands genocide? Or who commands Abraham to kill his own child?

Is this a new set of question? As clearly your train of "thoughts" as conveyed by the OP has been thoroughly refuted and shown to be a train of banter!
Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by nnofaith: 8:07pm On May 15, 2013
vedaxcool:

Now perversion of the truth something atheists thrive in doing, seems to be what ur fall back position is, the above represent your own contrived history, and your own contrived story of God, to the best of my knowledge your initial question has been answered, since you have resort to lies to validate your disbelief, you deserve no answer!
you are not giving any answer because you are ashamed of what your prophet did! your humanity tells you it is wrong but you cannot admit it because to do that will tantamount to you denouncing your religion, you justify the act in your mind by telling yourself it is the will of allah.and allah cannot be wrong.because allah knows best.
Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by nnofaith: 8:50pm On May 15, 2013
beheading 700 pple enslaving thier women and sharing thier possessions looks like the affairs of men to me
Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by vedaxcool(m): 9:19pm On May 15, 2013
nnofaith: you are not giving any answer because you are ashamed of what your prophet did! your humanity tells you it is wrong but you cannot admit it because to do that will tantamount to you denouncing your religion, you justify the act in your mind by telling yourself it is the will of allah.and allah cannot be wrong.because allah knows best.

I refuse to respond to your lies, as clearly you are only interested in hearing your own lies! I am ashamed that an adult would sit in the comfort of his chair and spew lies and slander, the things that work well in the hands of an atheist, yes I am very ashamed, that your humanity cannot let you admit when you are wrong! Your first question was thoroughly debunked as being the product of poor reasoning just like the op, hence making lies seem the only rational tool left for you . . . I am truly ashamed of what you have become . . . grin grin grin u guys need to check in for some verbal reasoning class, coz threads like these and post like yours make atheism look like a desperate cry for help rather than the suppose freedom it is suppose to be!
Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by wiegraf: 10:09pm On May 15, 2013
nnofaith: what point is allah trying to make by creating jews and sending an arabic phrophet to behead them?

smiley

nnofaith: you guys should stop yabbing the "the people of the cave" na.

Why?
Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by mazaje(m): 10:10pm On May 15, 2013
nnofaith: beheading 700 pple enslaving thier women and sharing thier possessions looks like the affairs of men to me

Vexdacool needs to show that allah exist first by pointing to it or allowing allah to speak for him or itself, he is just jumping and dancing all over a story as if it means anything in reality. . .
Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by nnofaith: 10:11pm On May 15, 2013
what lie? that he didnt behead 700 jews of banu quraiza? that they didnt share the widows of the beheaded among the muslims? that the didnt share the properties of the beheaded jews among the muslims? what lies?
Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by vedaxcool(m): 10:36pm On May 15, 2013
^
Are atheist always immoral like you? Or is this just your nature? U guys are just cheap evening joke grin grin anyway keep lying to yourself, every story has its context and every liar has an eraser! But come oh bros, I am really feeling shame for you, how can u end this darkness that has enveloped you? grin grin send me an email, I think we could work on a strategy to end lies from your life!
Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by vedaxcool(m): 10:41pm On May 15, 2013
mazaje:

Vexdacool needs to show that allah exist first by pointing to it or allowing allah to speak for him or itself, he is just jumping and dancing all over a story as if it means anything in reality. . .

What is a thread without the dullest atheist of Nairaland? grin grin grin did u even read the op at all, grin or u just being dull deliberately? Haba u are embarrassing Arewa with this ur unique behavior, very soon people would think Arewa people are naturally dull, regardless of whether they are theist or atheist, anyway two of us can console ourselves that your fellow atheists barely make pass mark when it comes to IQ! Nitty night! grin grin
Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by nnofaith: 10:42pm On May 15, 2013
vedaxcool: ^
Are atheist always immoral like you? Or is this just your nature? U guys are just cheap evening joke grin grin anyway keep lying to yourself, every story has its context and every liar has an eraser! But come oh bros, I am really feeling shame for you, how can u end this darkness that has enveloped you? grin grin send me an email, I think we could work on a strategy to end lies from your life!
your emotions, bereft of intellect!
Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by vedaxcool(m): 10:47pm On May 15, 2013
nnofaith: your emotions, bereft of intellect!

Thank you oga, but please because of atheism STOP LYING, . . ., grin grin grin
Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by nnofaith: 10:58pm On May 15, 2013
its ok

maa salam!
Re: Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. by Mranony: 12:40am On May 16, 2013
thehomer: As I said before, I have a counter argument for you (Mr Anony) which I think does a better job against God.

How would you respond?
I'll suppose you want us to talk about God from a Christian perspective. Bearing this in mind let us look at your argument.

First of all, let us look at your presuppositions here. What is your argument taking for granted?

1. You are granting that God (the ultimate creator of all things) exists and He loves people
2. You are granting that there is an afterlife where a person may have a better or worse lot than he/she currently has i.e. heaven and hell. (note that from a christian perspective, hell is punishment for sin while heaven is God's gift of grace)
3. You are granting also that since God loves people, naturally He wants to give them the gift of eternal life in Heaven.

If the above are true, then killing for God is not necessarily a bad thing regardless of the age especially if God is killing the person into heaven.

Now let us look at your arguments

thehomer:
true

true. He has given heaven as a gift for all who will choose to accept it

I don't know this to be true. This view is not supported by the bible, besides it looks to me like an ad hoc rule sneaked in so as to enhance the shock value of baby killing which will come up later on (why 3? why not 4 or 20 or 67?).

Conclusion: It would be right to kill all children below the age of three years until the human species goes extinct.
While this might sound true on the surface (especially if premise 3 were true). It has the problem of forcing people into heaven against their will.
If it is God who is doing the killing here, then He really hasn't given them heaven as a gift but rather has forced them into heaven. Maybe it is for the "greater good" but then it will mean that God will be doing a disservice to those whom He allows to live beyond age 3.

(note however God still reserves the right to do this as their creator)

Following from this, the person who does this is the ultimate altruist.
If all your premises were true, then a person (and I'm assuming a person other than God here) who kills 3 year olds with the intention of forcing them into heaven will not be an altruist because he is forcing them to go to heaven against their will in much the same way as a person forcing gold coins into your pockets against your will is not an altruist.

(also he/she doesn't have the right to take a life he/she neither creates nor sustains)

thehomer: As I said before, I have a counter argument for you (Mr Anony) which I think does a better job against God
I honestly don't see how your argument does any kind of job against God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Virgin Mary Spirit Appear On A Wall In A Catholic Church In Edo (PHOTOS) / Authentic (sahih) Hadith About Soothsayers/fortunetellers / Why I Am A Cherubim And Seraphim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.