Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! - Jobs/Vacancies (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! (276894 Views)

Zenith Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2016 / Sterling Bank Graduate Employment / Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Programme 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by 5thcolm(m): 12:00am On Nov 04, 2013
wat documents do they ask for at the ac....I got the sms but ddnt get the email for more details
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by jboi08(m): 12:31am On Nov 04, 2013
5thcolm: wat documents do they ask for at the ac....I got the sms but ddnt get the email for more details
Just bring a means of identification (National Id, driver's license or international passport) and writing materials only.
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by henryhee: 6:22am On Nov 04, 2013
What are the likely questions on competency based interview. For those who has done the AC pls give us more info on this
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by Holleryemmy: 6:53am On Nov 04, 2013
henryhee: What are the likely questions on competency based interview. For those who has done the AC pls give us more info on this

read thru my previous post, you'll get an idea on how to prepare
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by Kermarl8x(m): 12:03pm On Nov 04, 2013
Pls is it permissible to shake d panelists b4 d interview and to also jot in d course of d interview
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by astevee(m): 1:31pm On Nov 04, 2013
Kermarl8x: Pls is it permissible to shake d panelists b4 d interview and to also jot in d course of d interview
...Everything abi anything is permissible,but not everything is profitable*lol. Bro d interview is straightforward and very interactive,so u won't hv time to jot down save in ur head,pls by all means shake hands if that opportunity presents itself.
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by ifemitehi: 4:02pm On Nov 04, 2013
Can someone pls give a detailed direction to the venue from Ogba. Pls its urgent
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by lekebtw: 4:05pm On Nov 04, 2013
@jboi 08,thanks 4 d descriptn. please, I shal b having my AC 1pm. Would it be k to leave abeokuta same day. Thanks.
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by ifemitehi: 4:06pm On Nov 04, 2013
ifemitehi: Can someone pls give a detailed direction to the venue from Ogba. Pls its urgent
And for a friend coming from Ibadan, would you advice that he board a bus going to Oshodi or Yaba.
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by Makaz1234(f): 8:47pm On Nov 04, 2013
lekebtw: @jboi 08,thanks 4 d descriptn. please, I shal b having my AC 1pm. Would it be k to leave abeokuta same day. Thanks.

yes. but dont try returning the same day. U'll finish around 7:30pm
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by cluelimit: 9:30pm On Nov 04, 2013
AC candidates that went through the process in Lagos today, pls you all can still relay any insightful info!!We know y'all are tired and exhausted though.
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by Nobody: 11:49pm On Nov 04, 2013
What can I say that hasn't been said already?

First u might be a lil tense buh like we were told before we started, the whole exercise wud bring out the 'you' in you and u'd lose ur tension in no time.

I'd advide u guys to be very time conscious. Its best u use a timer to time urslf so u won't be caught unawares. For the first part wch involved some calculations (but was mainly a true/false/cant say scenario exercise designed to test ur analytical skills), I was able to use my fone do some lil additions without necessarily racking my head. U may also wanna employ dis strategy so u don't waste precious time.

After d 20minutes test u'd be split into groups. Some groups wud go for their powerpoint work while some wud go for their group discussions. Our powerpoint exercise for today involved a company wch was barely breaking even even after employing some strategies (interventions) to curb dis situation. They were losing dier clients to competitors. Losing staff as well to competitors. Dier staff were poor in report writing as well. So the task was that as a consultant whose service is been employed, outline d problems dey face, give reasons y u believe dey're d problems, profer solns and state d outcome of what ur solns wud give d company. Get to master ur powerpoint presentation skills now. Remember u won't have so much time. Use bullet points like; Problems include: income loss, staff dissatisfaction, etc. Solutions like: welfare package review, cutting costs, etc.

The group task was for us to advise a company that was set up in a rural community and needed to compensate d locals in d community who felt d presence of d company has made life worse for them and planned on staging a protest at the gate of the company's facility. Three scenarios were presented so ur group is supposed to discuss (within 20minutes) what scenario(solution) wud be better and den write a proposal to d CEO of d company. Note that ur first 5minutes is meant to be used in reading thru and collecting ur thoughts. Our grp (and most of d odas I also talked to) said they chose scenario 2 because scenario wud help d company save some money, engage d youths in an activity wch dey loved (an orchestra in dis case), wud help d company advertise themselves in d North whr d youths wud perform thus opening new markets for the company, etc.

The interview segment was basically to test ur leadership, team playing, innovative, problem-solving skills. U need to start thinking up scenarios where u employed ur leadership skill in solving a problem, where u were a part of a team and how u contributed to the team in terms of achieving targets, how u were innovative or creative and was able to think outside-the-box to solve an issue, etc.

I think I've given so much expo on the things we did today. Sorry I dint do this earlier. Got home late; I missed my way while driving back. Hope dez few tips help u guys.

Above all pray well. And abeg make una nor reach der tomorrow start dey talk say person don tell una wetin dem do o. Who knows! Questions may be different. But if dey're not...

Above all, I wish u all d very best.

10 Likes

Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by abioyesegun(m): 1:18am On Nov 05, 2013
Weldon @jdbabzy, that's absolutely the breakdown of day 1, u have what it takes to b a firstbanker, unleash ur potential and wow the assossors, above all b prayerful, b urself. It is all well guys. Best of luck to the rest of u all.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by bizguru000: 6:41am On Nov 05, 2013
Thank You jdbabzy...God bless you for your efforts..uve said it all..I'm currently in the conference hall in lagos right now for my assessment..Na God hand I.deyyy..Thank you for success Baba God

1 Like

Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by wizean(m): 7:32am On Nov 05, 2013
jdbabzy: What can I say that hasn't been said already?

First u might be a lil tense buh like we were told before we started, the whole exercise wud bring out the 'you' in you and u'd lose ur tension in no time.

I'd advide u guys to be very time conscious. Its best u use a timer to time urslf so u won't be caught unawares. For the first part wch involved some calculations (but was mainly a true/false/cant say scenario exercise designed to test ur analytical skills), I was able to use my fone do some lil additions without necessarily racking my head. U may also wanna employ dis strategy so u don't waste precious time.

After d 20minutes test u'd be split into groups. Some groups wud go for their powerpoint work while some wud go for their group discussions. Our powerpoint exercise for today involved a company wch was barely breaking even even after employing some strategies (interventions) to curb dis situation. They were losing dier clients to competitors. Losing staff as well to competitors. Dier staff were poor in report writing as well. So the task was that as a consultant whose service is been employed, outline d problems dey face, give reasons y u believe dey're d problems, profer solns and state d outcome of what ur solns wud give d company. Get to master ur powerpoint presentation skills now. Remember u won't have so much time. Use bullet points like; Problems include: income loss, staff dissatisfaction, etc. Solutions like: welfare package review, cutting costs, etc.

The group task was for us to advise a company that was set up in a rural community and needed to compensate d locals in d community who felt d presence of d company has made life worse for them and planned on staging a protest at the gate of the company's facility. Three scenarios were presented so ur group is supposed to discuss (within 20minutes) what scenario(solution) wud be better and den write a proposal to d CEO of d company. Note that ur first 5minutes is meant to be used in reading thru and collecting ur thoughts. Our grp (and most of d odas I also talked to) said they chose scenario 2 because scenario wud help d company save some money, engage d youths in an activity wch dey loved (an orchestra in dis case), wud help d company advertise themselves in d North whr d youths wud perform thus opening new markets for the company, etc.

The interview segment was basically to test ur leadership, team playing, innovative, problem-solving skills. U need to start thinking up scenarios where u employed ur leadership skill in solving a problem, where u were a part of a team and how u contributed to the team in terms of achieving targets, how u were innovative or creative and was able to think outside-the-box to solve an issue, etc.

I think I've given so much expo on the things we did today. Sorry I dint do this earlier. Got home late; I missed my way while driving back. Hope dez few tips help u guys.

Above all pray well. And abeg make una nor reach der tomorrow start dey talk say person don tell una wetin dem do o. Who knows! Questions may be different. But if dey're not...

Above all, I wish u all d very best.

Brother, u make sense die. Thanks man !
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by wittyshey: 7:42am On Nov 05, 2013
ifemitehi: Can someone pls give a detailed direction to the venue from Ogba. Pls its urgent
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by astevee(m): 8:52am On Nov 05, 2013
@jdbabzy, u nailed it. Its now a fact that the prepared exactly dsame questions and scenerios for all the assessment centres. We tackled dsame thing at d AC in enugu. Lag peeps still awaiting mk una no dull

1 Like

Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 05, 2013
Wow @astevee really? The same questions and scenarios E be like say workforce nor get questions again set be dat o. If to say I get dis kind info before my assessment I for jes go relax.

Anyways for those of you yet to go thru urs, jes prepare ur minds. Ur added advantage now is dat u even know what to expect in d real sense of it.

I for say make I share my exact powerpoint answers, as in Problems with Fodil Enterprise, Reasons for me saying those were the problems and Solutions to these problems; but dat'd be asking too much. so u guys don't have my exact answers *LOL*

Above all, u guys shd go have some fun. enjoy d free meal and plz share ideas with others during dis break period. talk about ur powerpoint slides, get to know what odas thought d problems, reasons and solutions were. these wud help u when u go for ur presentation, trust me.

Don't forget to PRAY! it is well.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by taiwolola(m): 9:48am On Nov 05, 2013
Hi guys,i need ur help.i did my test at unilag,got d 1st nd 2nd txt msg bt hasnt got the 3rd one which is d AC msg.i ve called workforce lines none of the lines were picked except 07037195924 and he said he ll send me Assessment centre nd i should go there 2mao nd explain 2his supervisor.Till nw,he hasnt sent it nd i decided to ask u guys if anyone kud help me wit it so i cn go 2mao to xplain my case 2dere supervisor.Thanks 4ur help
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by taiwolola(m): 9:52am On Nov 05, 2013
He said since i receivd d 1st nd 2nd txt,that i should dress corporate nd go dere wednesday(06/11) morning,fully prepared.i have bn calling 4d address nd he's bn promising he will,2mao is wednesday,i am yet to receive any msg and i live in Ogun State.I need u guys 2help me.tnx a lot
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by Dfavouredone: 10:07am On Nov 05, 2013
taiwolola: He said since i receivd d 1st nd 2nd txt,that i should dress corporate nd go dere wednesday(06/11) morning,fully prepared.i have bn calling 4d address nd he's bn promising he will,2mao is wednesday,i am yet to receive any msg and i live in Ogun State.I need u guys 2help me.tnx a lot
Here is the address for AC in lagos. First Bank Training School, Plot 2, Abebe Village, Iganmu in Lag. l also believe they sent you e-mail, print it out and go with it including the text sent you to the venue as the deskhelp has instructed you. Go and triumph and come back to share your testimony. all the besthe best

1 Like

Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 05, 2013
^^^
I think u shd jes go der on ur own and explain things to them. Follow the previous comments on the thread and I'm sure u'd see excerpts of what d msgs/mails look like.
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by taiwolola(m): 10:26am On Nov 05, 2013
Tnx a lot guys,u too ll be favoured in Jesus name.@defavouredone,i didnt receive any mail 4rm dem.i only received 2 txt msg.one said iv been shortlisted nd that they communicate back in 48hrs while d oda one said they ve postponed it.i didnt get any mail.
Dfavouredone: Here is the address for AC in lagos. First Bank Training School, Plot 2, Abebe Village, Iganmu in Lag. l also believe they sent you e-mail, print it out and go with it including the text sent you to the venue as the deskhelp has instructed you. Go and triumph and come back to share your testimony. all the besthe best
Tnx a lot guys,u too ll be favoured in Jesus name.@defavouredone,i didnt receive any mail 4rm dem.i only received 2 txt msg.one said iv been shortlisted nd that they communicate back in 48hrs while d oda one said they ve postponed it.i didnt get any mail.
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by jamesbridget13(f): 12:22pm On Nov 05, 2013
workforce sent me an sms 4 a banking interview 2moro @PH. i knw its not 4 first bank. i dont intend going. just telling u guys incase anyone wants 2 give it a try.
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by bizguru000: 3:30pm On Nov 05, 2013
Wow it was nice to meet nairalanders at the assessment centre in lagos this morning....God will see us thru..Amen

All it entails is already posted above..follow it dilligently
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by timilehyin01(m): 4:08pm On Nov 05, 2013
Ssup nairalanders..yall rockkkkkkkkkk......supposd †̥̥☀̈ hv mine ttoday bt I actually tot it was tommorw..d guys calld ♍e en reschelded Fø̲̣̣я̅ tomorow hope fully by Gods grace dere won't b a probs..anyone having his tomorow morn by 7.30 shld hola S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡ we meet dere..
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by Dynssy: 4:49pm On Nov 05, 2013
taiwolola: Tnx a lot guys,u too ll be favoured in Jesus name.@defavouredone,i didnt receive any mail 4rm dem.i only received 2 txt msg.one said iv been shortlisted nd that they communicate back in 48hrs while d oda one said they ve postponed it.i didnt get any mail.Tnx a lot guys,u too ll be favoured in Jesus name.@defavouredone,i didnt receive any mail 4rm dem.i only received 2 txt msg.one said iv been shortlisted nd that they communicate back in 48hrs while d oda one said they ve postponed it.i didnt get any mail.

Guy, sorry abt ur ish. I guess u were omitted just like I was. Dis is d experience I had: I called d helpdesk, some guy picked and promised I'd b scheduled 4 lag (my 1st sms sed abj) dat I shd expect their sms and email d nxt day whc was friday. As at 12noon on friday, I called bak and a different person picked. He sed I shd ensure I was available at d venue d nxt day by 1.00pm. I was at uyo at d tym. I explained 2 him dat getting 2 abj wud b near impossible and implored dat I be rescheduled 4 lag, but he sed if I cudnt make it, I shd 4get it. Seconds after I dropped d call, my sms came in. I neva received d email. Long story short; I found my way to abj and dats is dat.

Lessons to b learnt 4rm dis r:
1.) U may want to call d helpdesk agn; chances r dat a better informed person wud pick d call and put u thru.
2.) U shd get to lag and b ready, u neva knw wn ure listed for.

Or better still, dress all up and b there by 2mao. U just myt b merged with d sets 4 2mao. All da best...
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by Francuiz: 8:36pm On Nov 05, 2013
Weldone jbabzy (sorry if i dnt get ur name). It was same questns 4 D abj AC. All d best to those yet to have dia's

1 Like

Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by ndbaba(m): 9:23am On Nov 06, 2013
pls somebody help wit directions 2 d venue frm iyana ipaja or oshodi
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 06, 2013
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by funmi4(f): 10:22am On Nov 06, 2013
pistis: Direction to the Academy(Lagos)

From anywhere,board a BRT to Costain, walk down the same lane a lil bit to where you can take 'keke marwa' straight down to FirstBank (Its a popular bus stop before you get to Indomie)

Hope it helps....
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by ndbaba(m): 10:59am On Nov 06, 2013
pis 4 d PP presentation wil i b required 2 title my presentation or wil it b d title of d addendum that wil b used. Pls some jst describe d organisation of d slide 4 me. Thank u

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (85) (Reply)

PwC Nigeria 2016 Graduate Recruitment / Application For GTBank Entry Level Programme / CBN Test.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.