Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,713 members, 7,820,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power (2078 Views)

Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces / Nigerian Armed Forces Display Boko Haram Flags Captured During Battle With Them / See The Beautiful And Gallant Nigerian Armed Forces Women...PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by mdfash(m): 10:30pm On May 15, 2013
IT'S TIME FOR THE NIGERIAN ARMED FORCES TO TAKE OVER POWER.

Arise O Compatriots; Nigeria's call obey. It's time for the patriotic elements in the Nigerian Armed Forces to take over the reins of government and rescue the Fatherland from disintegration. Things have never been this bad, even during the civil war. Life is very cheap in Nigeria nowadays: human deaths are counted in the hundreds with each skirmish from Boko Haram and other terrorist militias. Kidnappers reign supreme in the major cities; murders are rampant. We need the military to restore law and order, NOW! The cost of Government is too exorbitant at all levels. Corruption reigns supreme while the common man suffers. We need to press the reset button and start over. We need the military back, NOW! Arise O Compatriots; Nigeria's call obey!

2 Likes

Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by Kingslaw(m): 11:30pm On May 15, 2013
grin
Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 15, 2013
Oh... Not again.
Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by PapaBrowne(m): 2:58am On May 16, 2013
While I agree that in Northern Nigeria, things have never been this bad,
In Southern Nigeria on the other hand, things have never been this good!

Lagos is booming, Port Harcourt is awash with cash, Warri, Benin, Uyo, Calabar, Owerri, Enugu, Ibadan are blossoming.
Malls are opening up everywhere. Construction like never before. Hotels, Factories and all kinds of new companies springing up on a daily.
Infact, while Northern Nigeria burns, the south has become amongst the four most attractive investment destinations worldwide.

But you are right. The army should takeover the areas that have never been this bad. And that is exactly what they have done. Borno, Yobe and Adamawa have been taken over already with the declaration of State of Emergency!!
For the rest of Nigeria, especially down south, we are experiencing progress like never before, so we don't need a military takeover!

11 Likes

Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by mdfash(m): 3:03am On May 16, 2013
What about all the murders, robberies and kidnappings even in GEJ's backyard at Bayelsa?
Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by Nobody: 3:08am On May 16, 2013
PapaBrowne: While I agree that in Northern Nigeria, things have never been this bad,

Lagos is booming, Port Harcourt is awash with cash, Warri, Benin, Uyo, Calabar, Owerri, Enugu, Ibadan are blossoming.
Malls are opening up everywhere. Construction like never before. Hotels, Factories and all kinds of new companies springing up on a daily.
Infact, while Northern Nigeria burns, the south has become amongst the four most attractive investment destinations worldwide.

weird, weirder, weirdest!!!!!

just weird and weird!

however, i dont think the south south is peaceful- isnt that where the militants are?
Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by Nobody: 3:10am On May 16, 2013
@ topic

nigeria has changed!

in olden days, the army would have taken charge long before now.
Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by naijaking1: 3:26am On May 16, 2013
tpia.:
@ topic

nigeria has changed!

in olden days, the army would have taken charge long before now.

Like when a big millionaire goes around the barracks handing out bags of money and pushing clueless soldiers to act?
Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by Nobody: 3:28am On May 16, 2013
so no one hands out bags of money at other times?
Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by Nobody: 5:42am On May 16, 2013
Sore loosers that can't get over their loss at the 2011 polls are so desperate they can't wait for 2015 to suffer another heavy defeat. We know your game plan, but let me remind you that this is not 1983 and Nigerians are wiser!

2 Likes

Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by jamesibor: 7:25am On May 16, 2013
PapaBrowne: While I agree that in Northern Nigeria, things have never been this bad,

But you are right. The army should takeover the areas that have never been this bad. And that is exactly what they have done. Borno, Yobe and Adamawa have been taken over already with the declaration of State of Emergency!!
For the rest of Nigeria, especially down south, we are experiencing progress like never before, so we don't need a military takeover!

1000 likes!

2 Likes

Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by Nobody: 8:25am On May 16, 2013
For those of us in the south, we are so jollificating without worrying about anything...
Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by Nobody: 8:30am On May 16, 2013

May your days be long.... The army should take over the whole north but for those of us in the south we are so enjoying... The last time i went to aba the way hotels and factories are been built upon the bad roads makes me have some hope for that city.

2 Likes

Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by Nobody: 9:01am On May 16, 2013
Bros OP,

You are making the gravest mistake of your life.
Military take over? Please stop it ooo.

Any military take over now will lead to civil war.

Now answer the following:

1. From which zone and which tribe will the leader of the coup come from?

Remember the first coup? The issue of where the leader came from, led to a civil war!
the only reason that Buhari's (the tyrant) coup did not lead to such trouble was because he overthrew one of his own. IBB and Abacha's coups were like "family" things.

2. All the military coups in Nigeria were all retrogressive including that of Buhari! The only thing was that Nigerian's were scared of dying, so there appeared to be some discipline. Buhari was practicing "sharia". For example, he introduced death penalty to drug trafficking, he then back dated the date so that those who committed the crime earlier before he came to power were killed. The man love blood no be small. Nigerians were not civlised under Buhari, they were only scared that he was going to kill them. Buhari muzzled the opposition and gaged the press. Even reduction of prices of goods was done at gun point. Even during Abach, everyone maintained "peace" and those who could not keep quiet like Wole Soyinka all ran away from Nigeria because the man was killing.

3. Do you think that military taking over will stop Nigeria from disintegrating? How?
Bros, the military is divided. If any region/tribe tries coup now especially from the North East/West, it will be seen as a take over to disenfranchise Jonathan and South South. South South will take up arms. The military in South South will look for allies from South East and Middle Belt for a counter. have you heard of counter coup before?

Bros, Nigeria will disintegrate and a coup will only make it faster.

Be careful of what you wish for.

And don't tell me that if the military take over, any region that make noise will be "crushed".
Boko Haram is yet to be crushed! 43 years after the Biafran war, the flag is still flying here and there. Teh Biafran gun was crushed but the spirit is still alive.

Emm, Op:

I am a Biafran ! I am not Nigerian!

Cheers!

5 Likes

Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by Nobody: 9:21am On May 16, 2013
I support the OP with a billion likes!Nigerians needs a military hand for at most 4 years!An average nigerian is damn too corrupt!
Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by Nobody: 10:20am On May 16, 2013
lynpetra: I support the OP with a billion likes!Nigerians needs a military hand for at most 4 years!An average Nigerian is damn too corrupt!
It was the military that "legalised" corruption!
They trampled upon our laws and ruled by decrees.

When of the state mil tarry administrators died in a helicopter crash, then went to his house and found cash in millions.

Coups and counters led to the first civil war. You people don't know what you are asking for.
Among the richest in Nigeria today are retired military officer. How did they make their money?

3 Likes

Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by Ozonna(m): 10:21am On May 16, 2013
lynpetra: I support the OP with a billion likes!Nigerians needs a military hand for at most 4 years!An average nigerian is damn too corrupt!

Is the military man not an average Nigerian? Will he come from UK

1 Like

Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by ckkris: 11:16am On May 16, 2013
No Ibo officer will listens to this Yoruba man. If Ibos foolishly overtrow Pres Jonathan, Yoruba officers will quickly ally themselves with their Hausa-Fulani fellow moslems, and gang up against Ibos. It happened in 1966.
Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by nairalad: 11:23am On May 16, 2013
It is right about time.
Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by Nobody: 11:37am On May 16, 2013
ckkris: No Ibo officer will listens to this Yoruba man. If Ibos foolishly overtrow Pres Jonathan, Yoruba ifficers will quickly ally themselves with their Hausa-Fulani fellow moslems, and gang up against Ibos. It happened in 1966.

Bros, I can assure that if there will be any coup right now, it will be led by the Hausa/Fulani while the Yoruba will give tactical support. Igbos will not do it.

And such a coup will be real bloody.

then there will be mutiny in the army. the South South, South East and Middle Belt Soldiers will align against the North core North. Abuja will be destroyed and there will be no cease fire till Nigeria breaks!

These kids on Nairaland make laugh!
Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by bloggernaija: 11:48am On May 16, 2013
You guys are deluding yourselfs if you think the middle belt is in anyway fond of either the SS or southeast?it will do you a lot of good if you actually go and live amongst them.
Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by youngies(m): 11:57am On May 16, 2013
So many semi-illiterate kids on Nairaland these days. embarassed
Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by ckkris: 12:04pm On May 16, 2013
The man suggesting coup d'etat is likely a US-based Yoruba moslem. And its unwise to bet on which side of any matter Yorubas stand. But they generally flow with the winning side. Just don't bet on it. They will also try to scuttle the rise and rise of Ibos in the Federal Govt that they had dominated for decades, which they have used to develop their region above others. The status quo, however, favours every region. But those used to enjoying undue advantages may try to resist.
Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by ckkris: 12:09pm On May 16, 2013
bloggernaija: You guys are deluding yourselfs if you think the middle belt is in anyway fond of either the SS or southeast?it will do you a lot of good if you actually go and live amongst them.
The Fulanis are the ones the Middle-belt people truly prefer to live with, and they're all enjoying it. ONE NAJERIA.
Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by Tigerhead: 12:22pm On May 16, 2013
ckkris: The man suggesting coup d'etat is likely a US-based Yoruba moslem. And its unwise to bet on which side of any matter Yorubas stand. But they generally flow with the winning side. Just don't bet on it. They will also try to scuttle the rise and rise of Ibos in the Federal Govt that they had dominated for decades, which they have used to develop their region above others. The status quo, however, favours every region. But those used to enjoying undue advantages may try to resist.

You seem to know the yoruba.
Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by dinggle: 12:57pm On May 16, 2013
I was all for a military take over till GEJ announced state of emergency, my question is why didn't he do this early last year? is over 4000 deaths the county for state of emergency?..Corruption ain't helping either.
Yaradua was known as a baba go-slow but GEJ has not reason to be slow especially where lives are involved. I fear he's giving the military 1000 reasons to come in. And I don't believe is because people lost elections, those who think otherwise should wait until Boko-haram blows them or their family members in a bus or crowded area. 2015 is around the corner, GEJ needs to sit up and act as the president, he needs to stand by the side of the poor, weak and helpless, Dokunbo alone can not stand by the president, the president's best followers are the weak, poor and helpless they make up over 80% of the population not a militant feeding off the government for taking to arms, believe it or not Dokunbo and his gang introduced Kidnappings to Nigeria, they started by kidnapping foreign oil workers. Today it's neighbors kidnapping neighbors.
Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 16, 2013
Anyone or group of people demanding for military coup should be regarded as EVIL, DEVILISH and WICKED.

Every rot in the country today has its origin in military rule or mis-rule. So why would any sensible Nigerian call for another military coup?
Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 16, 2013

U've almost said it all.
The worst Civillian rule is better than the best millitary rule.
Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by TonySpike: 5:06pm On May 16, 2013
noblezone: Bros OP,

You are making the gravest mistake of your life.
Military take over? Please stop it ooo.

Any military take over now will lead to civil war.

Now answer the following:

1. From which zone and which tribe will the leader of the coup come from?

Remember the first coup? The issue of where the leader came from, led to a civil war!
the only reason that Buhari's (the tyrant) coup did not lead to such trouble was because he overthrew one of his own. IBB and Abacha's coups were like "family" things.

2. All the military coups in Nigeria were all retrogressive including that of Buhari! The only thing was that Nigerian's were scared of dying, so there appeared to be some discipline. Buhari was practicing "sharia". For example, he introduced death penalty to drug trafficking, he then back dated the date so that those who committed the crime earlier before he came to power were killed. The man love blood no be small. Nigerians were not civlised under Buhari, they were only scared that he was going to kill them. Buhari muzzled the opposition and gaged the press. Even reduction of prices of goods was done at gun point. Even during Abach, everyone maintained "peace" and those who could not keep quiet like Wole Soyinka all ran away from Nigeria because the man was killing.

3. Do you think that military taking over will stop Nigeria from disintegrating? How?
Bros, the military is divided. If any region/tribe tries coup now especially from the North East/West, it will be seen as a take over to disenfranchise Jonathan and South South. South South will take up arms. The military in South South will look for allies from South East and Middle Belt for a counter. have you heard of counter coup before?

Bros, Nigeria will disintegrate and a coup will only make it faster.

Be careful of what you wish for.

And don't tell me that if the military take over, any region that make noise will be "crushed".
Boko Haram is yet to be crushed! 43 years after the Biafran war, the flag is still flying here and there. Teh Biafran gun was crushed but the spirit is still alive.

Emm, Op:

I am a Biafran ! I am not Nigerian!

Cheers!

Chairman, I hail o!

Wetin Rtd. General Buhari do you?

You even defied the generic laws of pronoun use in English language to mention his name 5 times!!! Are you that paranoid of this man? The topic refers to current servicemen and not retired service-men. But you took time out to thrash Buhari just to make a point. Chill small, Chairman...
Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by ckkris: 5:21pm On May 16, 2013
Tony Spike:

Chairman, I hail o!

You even defied the generic laws of pronoun use in English language to mention his name 5 times!!! Are you that paranoid of this man? The topic refers to current servicemen and not retired service-men. But you took time out to thrash Buhari just to make a point. Chill small, Chairman...
Hey, trashing Major-Gen Ayatolla Mohammadu Buharam is great fun . Remember those Youth Corps members that Buhari's supporters slaughtered? Just necause they refused to handover all ballot papers to Buhari's party thugs/

1 Like

Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by ClitorialDept: 5:22pm On May 16, 2013
mdfash: IT'S TIME FOR THE NIGERIAN ARMED FORCES TO TAKE OVER POWER.

Arise O Compatriots; Nigeria's call obey. It's time for the patriotic elements in the Nigerian Armed Forces to take over the reins of government and rescue the Fatherland from disintegration. Things have never been this bad, even during the civil war. Life is very cheap in Nigeria nowadays: human deaths are counted in the hundreds with each skirmish from Boko Haram and other terrorist militias. Kidnappers reign supreme in the major cities; murders are rampant. We need the military to restore law and order, NOW! The cost of Government is too exorbitant at all levels. Corruption reigns supreme while the common man suffers. We need to press the reset button and start over. We need the military back, NOW! Arise O Compatriots; Nigeria's call obey!
Aboki
Re: It's Time For The Nigerian Armed Forces To Take Over Power by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 16, 2013
Tony Spike:

Chairman, I hail o!

I wont. chill anything.
Somebody should tell the tyrant to chill.
Hearing him talking about ruining ruling Nigeria again is making me paranoid.
I have to tackle him because in Nigeria when you talk about military regime, he is a reference point.

I am sure he is wishing he still in the barracks!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Five Years After, BRT Degenerates Into Molue / A Nairalander's Mum With OBJ. / [full Text] President Jonathan’s New Year Broadcast Speech On 1st January 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.