Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,918 members, 7,824,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

3d Modeling And Animation - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3d Modeling And Animation (12260 Views)

4 Days 3D Modeling Training Workshop In Abuja / 3dsmax, Modeling And Animation,cheap / Any 3d Modeling And Animation In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by damseremie(m): 11:42am On Feb 05, 2007
Falciparum:

hey guys this is swell i really want to be into this can anyone help me. i need to know what softwares i need. sytem requirements and stuffs like that. i know ive got what it takes to do something wonderful like u guys have paraded

Nice first of all read the advice posted by graphikdon about choosing 3d software.For 3d work, Your system needs to be up to spec. For Desktops a resonably high-rated P4 or and AMD Athlon.For laptops a good Centrino Duo or an AMD Turion 64 should serve. Again RAM And the power of your Graphics card are essential.

Also you may want to register at www.3dnigeria.com and visit the forumthere youll find lots of people willing to help
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by fatboi(m): 8:56am On Apr 26, 2007
if u really want to go into CG, u first of all have to know what part of CG u want to go into, is it animation, modelling or rendering to me, animation is the most enjoyable part and the best software for that is MAYA. at first glance the maya UI could be overwhelming but after a few days of practice u get used to it. but u have to continue cus u learn something new everyday. gimme a call or email me if u have any questions. my # is 08036758056 email: blackgoldng@yahoo.com
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by richylaw(m): 12:17pm On Apr 26, 2007
I strongly agree with  fatboi and others and I feel all has been said. But the watch word is 'dedication and commitment'. The genuie zeal must be there. For someone like me I had a degree in Architecture and later  my Postgraduate degree in Architecture also came up in CAAD and Animation,also got a diploma in animation. I was pulled into architectural visualisation in Nigeria context back in those days of my first five years of work experience in Nigeria, taking inspirations from the works of Dr Gbotoso ( if u know him). When I got to the west I realised the real string of attachment  and relationship in 3d for architects, film makers, Graphic artists and others.
All I will say is that , there is nothing difficult when you r ready to face it and have your tool at hand. Today I am comfortable with the great five in 3d ( 3d studio max, maya, xsi softimage, lightwave 3d and Cinema 4d)
I use any ideal one that suits the range of my work which spans from TV montage, short movie special effects and architectural visualisation.But come to think of it , my permanet job at the moment is still a design architect.
Just like larger _20, my salary rests on something else but not on my bills and rent because my private job in 3d which are mostly outside architecture keep the goings going. Thank God Nigeria client takes the higher percentage on my clientele. I will post some of my works one of these days and when my web site is ready I will share as well.
I write all this just to make you see a reason and support the idea  why a FOCUS is needed first before any other thing in 3d world.
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by Kemjisuper(m): 5:00pm On May 02, 2007
I'd like to see some competition!!!

Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by geebengs(m): 3:11pm On May 06, 2007
Hello guys. I'm not surprised at what am seeing on this forum. I've always known there are oceans of talents in this country. And personally, i don't believe there is anything too difficult to learn. Anyway, the help i need from u gurus is information on where i can get a detailed tutorial on 3D studio max. I got the software recently but i'be not been able to use it cos, to my surprise i didn't find any help file in it. A pragmatic reply would be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by richylaw(m): 2:04pm On May 09, 2007
geebengs:

Hello guys. I'm not surprised at what am seeing on this forum. I've always known there are oceans of talents in this country. And personally, i don't believe there is anything too difficult to learn. Anyway, the help i need from u gurus is information on where i can get a detailed tutorial on 3D studio max. I got the software recently but i'be not been able to use it because, to my surprise i didn't find any help file in it. A pragmatic reply would be appreciated. Thanks.

I've got tons of tutorials and ebooks together with stunning resources,but some of them are far more than the size that could be directly shared online without a P to P process. If you are in Nigeria this may be a bit tight for you to have resources from me tru this medium. Nonetheless get in tourch with me maybe we may be able to organise a way out.
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by geebengs(m): 10:46pm On May 09, 2007
Thanks richylaw for the reply. How can i get in touch with u? have u got a messsenger ID? I hope to hear from u. I'll appreciate ur help.
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by zPixel(m): 11:43pm On May 09, 2007
For those that need video tutorials, i have enough and am willing to give them out so that we can all up our 3d game in nigeria.

But there's one problem; how do you get them. All together they're more than 25Gb. I stay in lagos and my e-mail address: bolarinbabalola@yahoo.co.uk

Note:Never you try to sell this tutorial, incase i give them to you.

Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by geebengs(m): 7:48pm On May 11, 2007
Hi zpixel, U are really doing those of us who want to learn a big favour. The knowlege of 3D modelling will go a long way in helping me design a sophisticated 3D game. Thanks for ur help.
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by richylaw(m): 12:02pm On May 16, 2007
geebengs:

Thanks richylaw for the reply. How can i get in touch with u? have u got a messsenger ID? I hope to hear from u. I'll appreciate your help.

Gebeengs, like I have told you that I am not in the country now , it may be a bit hollowed in transfering files to you if you do't have a strong and reliable connection.
Check out those stuffs from zpixel and if there is any one you may still need outside it let me know.Then I will find a way of getting it across.
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by geebengs(m): 10:08pm On May 17, 2007
Ok. Thanks richylaw. I'll get in touch with u if i need to.
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by Rodent: 5:34pm On May 26, 2007
For all u 3d boffins and aficionado's you've just got to check this out from Pixarhttp://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808490293/video/2649507/standardformat
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by seyestik(m): 4:45am On May 28, 2007
I would like to get a copy and the name of the software u are using,
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by spyemy(m): 4:45pm On Jan 19, 2009
hi
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by shanirana: 6:00pm On Jul 07, 2012
hey guys
wow all post excellent and awesome work i like all post good idea you also doing in maya interesting work, Thanks

Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by mysomuchworld: 8:44am On May 25, 2017
This company I would refere to any one, that needs high quality 3d animation or visually effects. The name is SomuchWorld, to me I think they are very good in nigeria. Visit www.somuchworldtech.com to check out their reel. Here is a link to their latest shot movie release.

Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by Jazztix03(m): 7:07pm On May 26, 2017
damseremie:
I do some 3d modelling and basic animation.
I use 3d max and i think the time has come for 3d designers to get a place to discuss and exchange ideas.
I attached a few of my models.
They are also displayed at the site www.3dnigeria.com
Visit the gallery. though most of the models are architectural.

Also ill like to hear from the mayhem productions people. I like to get a few tips

On th 3dnigeria website, my work is in the picture gallery. Name is Ilamina-Eremie Idamiebi

I need a 3D presentation for a training exercise. More importantly I would like to be trained myself on 3D designs and animation
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by Jazztix03(m): 7:15pm On May 26, 2017
Hello Guys,
I need to do a 3D presentation for an Interior Design work. I would appreciate. If I can get a good one.
Resides in Lagos (Ikeja Axis)
Adebodun_ope@yahoo.com
Thank you in anticipation
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by chipsypop(m): 10:51pm On May 26, 2017
Jazztix03:
Hello Guys,
I need to do a 3D presentation for an Interior Design work. I would appreciate. If I can get a good one.
Resides in Lagos (Ikeja Axis)
Adebodun_ope@yahoo.com
Thank you in anticipation
What exactly do you want, I'm into 3d interior design. Contact me on 08163213516
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by SgtKisswhere: 9:59am On May 27, 2017
Nice stuffs around here......I really want to learn 3dsmax for modelling but I have opted for blender instead (still learning it). I studied architecture in school so I use sketchup for my modelling nd expirt to 3ds max to apply textures nd render, here are some of my works

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by SgtKisswhere: 10:02am On May 27, 2017
my first attempt at matte painting......the building with red walls was the only rendered element, everything else is photoshopped in.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by SgtKisswhere: 10:05am On May 27, 2017
modelled in sketchup, haven't got to texturing it yet

1 Like

Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by SgtKisswhere: 10:20am On May 27, 2017
In my 3d adventure so far, I have learnt that the best approach to 3d is an eye for detailing.....have you guys heard about the 5srw method? It is an online course by Ciro Sanino...
check it out learnvray.com
I would gladly pay for the course when I have the money, I am subscribed to their newsletter so they amazing renders from their students to me like everyday, intimidating stuff i tell ya.

for best on photoshop tutorials......Alex Hogrefe is d best, the guy rarely renders but still has great outputs.....here is the link to his site, alexhogrefe.com
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by SgtKisswhere: 10:31am On May 27, 2017
I recommend you guys register to this sites, you get to meet professionals, look at their works, some have making-of tutorials of their works so they re great places to learn
artstation.com
behance.com
ronenbekeman.com
bbb3viz.com
petergunthrie.net
alexhogrefe.com
blendernation.com
cgarchitect.com
blenderartists.com
sketchuptexture.com
www.aversis.be

for free 3d models
3dwarehouse.com
3dfreemodels.com
tf3dm.com
vwartclub.com
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by 2sizzlin(m): 12:50am On Jul 06, 2017
Started using sketch recently. I use Vray to render. I just created a group with which I believe we can show our renders, receive criticism, exchange ideas, teach and answer people's questions timely. I think it's cool everyone's invited. Sgtkiss, beginners, pros, everyone's invited. This is the whatsapp link, just copy the URL but replace the * with dot(.)

chat*whatsapp*com/K7s8DoXP2Vr99ikD7nLGjj

Or you can send me a msg on 08038828872
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by chipsypop(m): 1:12am On Jul 06, 2017
Done with blender

1 Like

Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by 2sizzlin(m): 1:14am On Jul 06, 2017
Some of the stuffs I've done in practice.

1 Like

Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by 2sizzlin(m): 1:26am On Jul 06, 2017
chipsypop:
Done with blender
Cool.
Does blender have its own renderer?
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by 2sizzlin(m): 12:43pm On Jul 06, 2017
SgtKisswhere:
modelled in sketchup, haven't got to texturing it yet
you model in sketchup?? Wow. what plugins do you use cos i know sketchup looks very basic for modelling
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by SgtKisswhere: 3:15pm On Jul 06, 2017
2sizzlin:

you model in sketchup?? Wow. what plugins do you use cos i know sketchup looks very basic for modelling
It was kinda stressful modelling that... the plugins I used where fredo plugins nd round corner plugins, shape tools too nd the rest was just basic modelling
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by SgtKisswhere: 3:50pm On Jul 06, 2017
2sizzlin:

Cool.
Does blender have its own renderer?
yeah, cycles renderer, this is a cycles render

1 Like

Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by 2sizzlin(m): 6:29pm On Jul 06, 2017
SgtKisswhere:

It was kinda stressful modelling that... the plugins I used where fredo plugins nd round corner plugins, shape tools too nd the rest was just basic modelling

I perceived that it'd be kinda harder modelling in sketchup since it's mostly made to make straight shapes. I'm still contemplating if I should be concerned about making models with sketchup or autodesk inventor

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pencil Portrait Of Bob Marley / Cinema4d Forum / Whatsapp Group For Professional, Mobile Photographers And Graphic Designers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.