Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? (10824 Views)

I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! / Inside Ajegunle Hotel Where Little girls Dance for Old Men At night / An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by HotPotato(m): 9:03am On May 16, 2013
To the mothers in the house, does your husband assist with attending to the baby at night, especially at those ungodly hours, or does he sleep off / goes off to the parlour clucthing his pillow?

Thanks.
Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by remecy(f): 9:47am On May 16, 2013
Its always the case,they leave you to attend to the baby all alone. At times, he could show a little intrest and adjust his position. Remember, he has to be at work in the morning. That's why you are on leave to catch up in the mornings. Welcome to motherhood.

3 Likes

Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by Nobody: 9:55am On May 16, 2013
He doesn't! Only during the day because I breastfeed at night, but I make sure he is in bed while she wakes and cries for food.
The last time I caught him in the sitting room sleeping at 3 am shocked...

I turned off the tv, lights then went back to bed, later he sneaked in! The next day, he was with the fuzzy baby through out, I just carry myself Sidon for nairaland then told him I was working on my new project! sad

wink....when I finally took the baby, he told me he was going for a drink! I laugh tire! Above all, I try to give him time to rest and try to calm the baby because I know he needs the sleep!

10 Likes

Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by Nobody: 1:23pm On May 17, 2013
Yes he does,and is very good at it. I can say I'm really lucky honestly bc I don't know how I would hv coped.maybe that's God's way of compensatin me for all d babies I babysitted.I thank God always

4 Likes

Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by Dlemah: 5:34pm On May 17, 2013
He doesn't and dis can b really annoying...
Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by bebe2(f): 5:42pm On May 17, 2013
Yep, mine did. Only becos I won't let him get away wit it.

I get up nd I will wake him nicely, "honey pls I need babies bottle, darling I need his dummy" dat normally works.

If it don't I wud give him the baby and go down stairs after all I don try.

We both enjoy making the baby, I carried the pregnancy, suffered the morning sickness, got the stretch marks, went thru the labour pains, shocked den u show up give am ur name and ur papa name, den u no go help to look after am?
haba!! who dey cry dey see road o

26 Likes

Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by vanstanzy(m): 5:42pm On May 17, 2013
why do u ask?

1 Like

Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by vanstanzy(m): 5:44pm On May 17, 2013
Men, do ur wife's help with washing the car?

22 Likes

Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by Amarakim: 5:47pm On May 17, 2013
He does when it suits him.
Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by Bryancrox(m): 5:49pm On May 17, 2013
After a long stressful day of work i should come nd help her carry baby @ night so dat i go sleep 4 office 2moro abi...?No problem na we 2 do am sha,i go try

2 Likes

Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by Lilimax(f): 5:50pm On May 17, 2013
He dosen't ooo. If the Child cries, he will face the wall.
If the cry prolongs, he wll move to the living room. He only helps when he feel like..
I have learn't to live with it smiley.

4 Likes

Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by vanstanzy(m): 5:51pm On May 17, 2013
Vikin: He doesn't! Only during the day because I breastfeed at night, but I make sure he is in bed while she wakes and cries for food.

I turned off the tv, lights then went back to bed, later he sneaked in! The next day, he was with the fuzzy baby through out, I just carry myself Sidon for nairaland then told him I was working on my new project! sad

wink....when I finally took the baby, he told me he was going for a drink! I laugh tire! Above all, I try to give him time to rest and try to calm the baby because I know he needs the sleep!

Thats an understanding wife. Way to go girl! wink wink

1 Like

Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by tspun(m): 5:51pm On May 17, 2013
does ur wife help in paying the bride price. If u say yes that some wife help then i say yes some husband help in carryin the baby also.

2 Likes

Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by 6direct: 5:51pm On May 17, 2013
Rubish!! why would anyone want to disturb my good sleep?
Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by amanikondo: 5:52pm On May 17, 2013
I work on my computer overnight so I did for my wife. I have like a sleeping pen beside be as I work. I do handing over at 5:00am in the morning. I do everything except breastt feeding.

8 Likes

Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 17, 2013
edited
Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 17, 2013
vanstanzy: Men, do ur wife's help with washing the car?

Do you wash your car every 2-3 hrs, every night, every month for 3-12 months at a time?? Yes? Ok, you can compare them then.

11 Likes

Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 17, 2013
Why should I help her? Haven't you heard of " caring mothers from generation to generation trust indomie"? Did you hear caring fathers there If pikin begin cry I go leave dem for bed room go palour go sleep
Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by free2ryhme: 5:53pm On May 17, 2013
emphatic yes .. and i no of one who does help his wife at night infact he takes his daughter to daycare why mum is on the way to the Island for work

2 Likes

Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by EmmyBoy2(m): 5:54pm On May 17, 2013
".....goes off to the parlour clutching his pillow?" grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 17, 2013
Hahahahahaha! I love this thread. Now lemme talk my experience (una know say I like to talk).

My kid was born about 5 months ago and we were all happy and all that.

Then we returned home from the hospital cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oh boy, imagine a baby that needs care every 2 hours and it equally takes about 2 hours to get her to sleep. Oh boy, it was traumatic. Imagine when being able to grab a few minutes of sleep and when the sleep is sweetest, a shrill scream hits your ears. A scream that doesn't stop until you do something about it. I remember those days with a shudder. I dont know how we survived. I would go to work and do my duties like a zombie with bags under my eyes, ready to knock out anyone that dares cross me.

Na so I will change diaper, feed baby, rock her to sleep and sing strange songs which I formed at the moment. I would also go on youtube to play lullaby songs for her but the cry does't stop. Oh boy, my wife and I almost ran mad. grin grin grin grin

But about 3 months she started getting like 6 hours sleep with a few lapses occasionally. It was like heaven. I almost forgot what it was like to get 3 hours sleep. Now I thank God for my mother-in-law who helps us out these days. God bless her.

I couldn't leave my wife to care for the baby alone. It is a very cruel thing to do. It is both of your kid. Share the responsibility.

And yes, I am a male wink

42 Likes

Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by slimyem: 5:58pm On May 17, 2013
Vikin: He doesn't! Only during the day because I breastfeed at night, but I make sure he is in bed while she wakes and cries for food.

Notoriety!tongue
Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by ooiluyemi: 5:58pm On May 17, 2013
Only real men assist dere wives with d baby at nite

4 Likes

Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by skydeep(f): 6:00pm On May 17, 2013
He does within the first 15weeks of the baby's birth. Because he knows I wont allow him to sleep in peace and let me suffer what we planned together grin.
Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by slimyem: 6:03pm On May 17, 2013
I wanted to call you a goat for comparing your dear child to a car and comparing caring for your baby to a mere chore but i wont...undecided
Shiooor!

6 Likes

Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 17, 2013
tspun: does ur wife help in paying the bride price. If u say yes that some wife help then i say yes some husband help in carryin the baby also.

Which kind post be this? I beggy, that you paid d bride price now means you can't be of help when needed? Whose name is the last name of the baby? Pls think right and change your thinking.

Some are even comparing taking care of baby @ night to car wash, these men of nowadays, my mum always say she enjoys whenever she deliver baby, my dad takes over, she doesn't wake up at night exempt d baby is ill, she milk out the breast into a feeding bottle at night before sleeping, dad does the feeding.

So what happened that men of nowadays shy away from being supportive? How do you want ur kids to be close to you when they grow up if you don't begin when they are young?

Women are really bearing a lot from these boys called men and fathers!

God bless you daddy for being so close and caring.

7 Likes

Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by skydeep(f): 6:06pm On May 17, 2013
slimyem: I wanted to call you a goat for comparing your dear child to a car but i wont...undecidedshiooor!
Some men are crazy grin

1 Like

Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by nijanigga: 6:07pm On May 17, 2013
Doyin okupe lying on aljazeera life today,with corrupted face and lips all soiled with Nigeria's looted funds.

1 Like

Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by PrettySpicey(f): 6:09pm On May 17, 2013
I guess Oga hubby will when the time comes ... Either willingly or...otherwise.
Monkey dey work, baboon dey chop no dey 4 ds one o heh heh angry

Salute to all dem wives wey no let hubby get away with am o, I gbadu una.

2 Likes

Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by lacicrips(m): 6:10pm On May 17, 2013
Get your husbands to watch "The Change up". Jason Bateman is the perfect husband.

1 Like

Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by Gombs(m): 6:13pm On May 17, 2013

Nice one bro!...and hell no...they won't...and they won't even help you do simple things like put on supersport channel on saturdays or help you put on your PS3 console

Or help you refill d fridge wen beer is almost out of stock

Ladies, why!?

4 Likes

Re: Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? by larayat(f): 6:15pm On May 17, 2013
Jst passing by....I tink dis thread z 4 married peeps!#leaves thread#

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

95 Per-cent Of Nigeria's Teenage Girls Cannot Boast Of Being Virgins! / Advise Needed For A Young Man About Marriage. / The Frustrations Of Older Nigerian Women Who Are Sex-starved By Their Husband.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.