Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,430 members, 7,812,277 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. (13695 Views)

Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police / The Story Of An Abandoned Child / Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 28, 2013
I was on my to Oshodi via Iyana Ipaja and came across a crowd gathered around a child about 4 years old. I ask few women what happened and they asked me if i was a presswoman. I told them no but will like to know what happened. They told me they found the boy at the foot of the bridge heavily asleep. Probably he was drugged by the mother. When he woke up he started demanding for food. The boy looked malnourished and couldn't utter a word. As i was recording this he was being fed.

I couldn't wait to know what the crowd wanted to do to help the child because i was in a hurry.
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 28, 2013
that's the boy

Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by Nobody: 11:13am On Feb 28, 2013
Chai! sad
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by ciphoenix: 11:21am On Feb 28, 2013
na wa o sad
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by Acidosis(m): 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2013
berem: Am finding it hard to upload the video and the pictures. please the thread shouldn't make fp till i upload. thanks

I guess the file is too large..
The max nairaland can take is 200kb or so

Try and reduce the size of the pic...

2 Likes

Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 28, 2013
Acidosis:

I guess the file is too large..
The max nairaland can take is 200kb or so

Try and reduce the size of the pic...
and how am i gonna upload the video?
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by greatgod2012(f): 12:24pm On Feb 28, 2013
Na wa o!
Only God knows who might have abandonned d innocent baby there, may be mother or father or d guardian, but, instead of this, why couldnt d person give d child up for adoption...........o ga o....strange things happening everyday......imagine!
May God help us.
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by greatgod2012(f): 12:28pm On Feb 28, 2013
Funny enough, d person that dropped him there might be among d crowd, waiting to know who will take d little boy with him/her.
Some pple sha.......na wa o!

1 Like

Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 28, 2013
greatgod2012: Na wa o!
Only God knows who might have abandonned d innocent baby there, may be mother or father or d guardian, but, instead of this, why couldnt d person give d child up for adoption...........o ga o....strange things happening everyday......imagine!
May God help us.
I was shocked someone could abandon a child as big as that. I don't think the child can recall anything or even the name of his parents
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 28, 2013
See poverty.
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by Acidosis(m): 12:45pm On Feb 28, 2013
berem: and how am i gonna upload the video?

send to:

acidosis@post.com

1 Like

Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 28, 2013
I am sorry, I am trying to understand this.
You had time to take pictures and record videos but you were too in a hurry to find out what would be done to help?
So how would our " Wicked parents" "God punish" "some people are cursed". "Na wa oh" comments help the child?

Technology has taken us to a dark place, people prefer taking pictures and sharing without really caring to help, even at accident scenes.
The time it took the ground to gather and look round someone would have called the Police.
It would be more beneficial to this child if you had kept your phone down and informed the closest Police Man or Woman to you.

I am sorry, I just don't and can't understand what you want us to do with the picture of this poor child now.
I can imagine what would have happened to the injured Man in the Bible in this our generation. Instead of helping like the good samaritan did he would have taken pictures to broadcast

30 Likes

Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by Acidosis(m): 1:11pm On Feb 28, 2013
What is media without photos/videos?

Even the police makes use of photos to carry out their work...
Its even risky to carry ANY baby/child you see on the street without proper documentation, records & evidence..

Someone (nearby) will eventually inform the neareat police station.. BUT its left for the media (like nairaland) to publicize the info of the missing child.
Who knows?? someone that knows someone that knows the neigbour of the child's parent might stumble on the photo/video..

11 Likes

Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 28, 2013
Acidois, did you read the part where she said she didn't have time to ask what would be done to help the child, talkless of suggest a solution but she had time to record and take a picture.
In her post she didn't state that her reason was to raise awareness, so even if anyone knows the child how would she know where the child was taken too or what was done to help to respond to the person who knows the child?
I don't mean to condemn her but taking pictures of someone in need just for discussion is not something we should encourage.
I remember the case of The girl a poster saw on transit, she took the 15 minutes normally used for eating to interveiw people find the grand mum and gave us a picture and story so people could help.
That was helpful, This I don't understand, am sorry

4 Likes

Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 28, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/926775/please-ayomide-abandoned-child
How to help anyone especially a child in that situation should be the top of the agenda not pictures and recording for discussion purposes

1 Like

Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by pheyikemi: 1:41pm On Feb 28, 2013
Acidosis: What is media without photos/videos?

Even the police makes use of photos to carry out their work...
Its even risky to carry ANY baby/child you see on the street without proper documentation, records & evidence..

Someone (nearby) will eventually inform the neareat police station.. BUT its left for the media (like nairaland) to publicize the info of the missing child.
Who knows?? someone that knows someone that knows the neigbour of the child's parent might stumble on the photo/video..
. Not evryfn z abt media Mr acid, goin 2report to d appropriate authorities goes a long way instead of wasting time on recordin nd snappin. I wish pple wud really undastnd ds, if smfn had been done then 4d Aluu4 I gues they'd stil b alive bt pple were concerned abt photography/videos nd didn't save 'em. If pple really cared abt d child, I fink d op wouldn't get ds story. By d way, r u a police? Nd hw r u sure sm1 hu knw ds child is on N/L? He luks soooo poverty stricken and malnourished. God save us in Nig. To evry1 pls giv birth to d no of children u conveniently can cater for

1 Like

Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by ciphoenix: 1:46pm On Feb 28, 2013
berem: and how am i gonna upload the video?
via youtube
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by biolabee(m): 1:54pm On Feb 28, 2013
good job OP raising this initial awareness about this child
But the question is what do you think can be done

do we continue exclaming on mans inhumanity to man or do we make a step and change

There is a group that helps with such cases and they helped awith a young girl Ayomide (see her story here https://www.nairaland.com/926775/please-ayomide-abandoned-child)

Can you get some more info that this group can use to kick start a project

1 Like

Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 28, 2013
It is really sad. Why bring a child into the world in the first place when you know you cant fend for her/him?

1 Like

Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by ypzilanti: 2:56pm On Feb 28, 2013
I would advice that when Nairalanders see this type of thing, to call the emergency number in Lagos 767 to report it. Those at the central switchboard can direct the right agency to the place. We are all on the move in Lagos and cannot stop at all times to assist due to safety concerns or pressing needs, but spare a moment and call 767 before moving on. I once called when I saw the victim of an accident who appeared to be dead, and the switchboard operator was courteous and nice. soon after, I got another call from someone who wanted directions to the scene. Please try and do this. It may save a life.
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Feb 28, 2013
If the child turns out to be a successful figure at the end of the day,the mother go come claim am back o. Giving baseless excuses of why a woman could abandon her child. undecided
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 28, 2013
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by ratchy: 3:08pm On Feb 28, 2013
greatgod2012: Funny enough, d person that dropped him there might be among d crowd, waiting to know who will take d little boy with him/her.
Some pple sha.......na wa o!
naso oooooo
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by zangiff(m): 3:09pm On Feb 28, 2013
itts a pity....
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 28, 2013
Brand_new: See poverty.
Dnt worry the person go born again. As in Burn Againn
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by Sijo01(f): 3:12pm On Feb 28, 2013
Nobody is under any obligation to bring a child into this world....... if you'r not capable of taking care of one, simply stay off the process of making babies. angry angry

2 Likes

Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by ihuomaokeoji(f): 3:13pm On Feb 28, 2013
Eeeeeyyyyaaaahhhh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? / How Can A Parent Tame A Delinquent Child? / "God, Bless My Mother With Another Baby" - 5-year-old Boy's Heartwarming Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.