Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

[GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 (26011 Views)

Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Alpha Splash / I Need Some Info About Tecno N3 / A New Tecno Phone (tecno N3) -soon! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

[GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by elegale: 12:24pm On May 16, 2013
Here's how to increase the internal memory of your Tecno N3, using Link2SD.

TOOLS NEEDED:
- Link2SD
- Rooted Device
- Root Explorer
- SDEXT on your SDCard (preferably EXT3, but anyone is cool)

PROCEDURE:
NOTE: this is assuming that neither link2SD has been installed nor your memory card has been partitoned and your apps have been linked, prior to this. Please, back up your phone. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT GOES WRONG WITH YOUR PHONE. IF YOU ARE NOT SURE OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING, OR NOT SURE OF ANY OF THE STEPS, "ASK QUESTIONS". IF YOU ARE SCARED, RUN TO YOUR MUMMY.

Follow the instructions carefully.

1. Partition your mem card into 2 partitions using Mini Tool Partition Wizard (or 3, for those who will use swapper). The first partition is FAT32, the second is EXT3 (u can use EXT2 or EXT4, but preferably EXT3) and for those who have a 3rd partition, Linux Swap. All partitions must be marked as PRIMARY. U can use any size you want for your second partition...I used 2GB.

2. install Link2SD
3. Open Link2SD
4. Choose your EXT partition type (depending on what u created in step 1)
5. Restart your fone manually (not from Link2SD)

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
NOTE: If you get an error (mount script not created.....), don't panic. Just restart your fone manually. Den go back to Link2SD, Options >> More >> Recreate mount scripts. Den restart your fone manually.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

6. Open link2SD and go to settings
7. Uncheck ALL options.
8. Exit Link2SD

9. Open root explorer (remember, your fone needs to be rooted)
10. Go to /data/sdext, delete everything u see in there.
11. Go back to /data.
12. Using the multi-select option, CAREFULLY select the following folders:
•app
•app-private
•dalvic-cache
•data
13. Go back to /data/sdext and paste.
14. Go out of /data/sdext and then go back into it.

Now, this is the most important...yet most dangerous part.

15. Create a link to the APP folder. This is done by long-pressing d folder, scroll down the options that pop up and choose "Link to this folder". Den go back to /data and choose "create link". A warning will pop up (app folder exists...do you want to replace......or something like that sha). Choose "YES".

16. Repeat this step for the remaining 3 folders.

17. Restart your fone TWICE. PLS DO NOT USE YOUR PHONE UNTIL YOU HAVE RESTARTED IT TWICE.

18. After that, check your internal storage.

Voila.

**side-effects** Longer boot time (depending on the apps you have installed), but what is boot time compared to memory space...abi??

Also, i believe this trick works for most android fones...since the basic underlying technology is the same...but if u have large internal memory, u wouldnt need it...just except thou art greedy.

**ahem** Dazzol.

SideNote...abeg, make nairaland make mobile app. Following these threads is becoming a chore. Thanx.

4 Likes

Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by yehmy(m): 1:30pm On May 16, 2013
9ce 1 bro
Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by busar(m): 2:57pm On May 16, 2013
Hello op,am a learning.what is stock rom?and i will need a detailed explanation on how increase d internal memory of my n3.My fone is rooted embarassed
Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by Berryman: 8:59pm On May 16, 2013
Haha...nice one elegale. I knew there was sometin dat can be done wit dis 'link to this folder' of a tin on RE when i was aving problems wit getting link2sd working and i was researching 4 an alternative. I tried manualy linking but culdn't get past linking to folder. U've solved it! Nice one.
Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by Berryman: 9:04pm On May 16, 2013
But one tin: is one supposed to link d data folder? I think its supposd to be exclusively 4 internal.
Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by elegale: 11:54pm On May 16, 2013
Berryman: But one tin: is one supposed to link d data folder? I think its supposd to be exclusively 4 internal.

D idea behind this is that d 4 folders (which are d folders u fone runs off, technically) are moved to d second partition of ur sdCard..and den shortcut links are placed in their former positions.

Lemme use an illustration: u wanna install a software, say microsoft office, on windows. If u go to advanced install, u can specify where to install d office, other than the regular c:/program files. D same idea is used here. When d fone needs a data file, it goes to d default data location where it will see the shortcut link, dat eventually takes it to d location of d file. Dats why if u notoce very well, ur internal memory isn't ENITRELY empty. Dat 1MB or 2MB dat u see are just links. D main files/folders r in ur sdext.

Plus, ur data folder (out of those 4 folders) is what really takes up space on ur internal mem.

1 Like

Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by elegale: 11:57pm On May 16, 2013
busar: Hello op,am a learning.what is stock rom?and i will need a detailed explanation on how increase d internal memory of my n3.My fone is rooted embarassed

Stock ROM is the factory fitted OS that ur fone runs on. Jes like buying a system wiv windows 7 "out-of-the-box", also, ur tecno comes wiv a gingerbread 2.3.5 OS "out-of-the-box".

As for the detailed steps to increase internal mem, d guide is as simple as it gets. Ur fone is rooted?? Good. Av u been using Link2SD before (or r u using it presently)?? Is your scdard partitioned as stated above??

1 Like

Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by elegale: 11:59pm On May 16, 2013
yehmy: 9ce 1 bro

Thanx bro.

1 Like

Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by Kanmiboy(m): 12:45am On May 17, 2013
gud job bro.bt pls i nid 2ask some few question cos am also new on andriod so pls do take ur tym 2explain sum certain term u mentioned n hw 2locate or get dem if nid b. Link2sd,root explorer,sdext or ext3,mini tool,swapper n linkswap.cos i cant find any of dis on my n3.cos ve done factory reset b4 n i deleted all in d memorycard in d process.dunno if dat is responsible.pls reply.god bless.
Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by Scorpiow(m): 5:41am On May 17, 2013
After many forced closes, I finally did it. Many thanks to the op! grin

1 Like

Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by busar(m): 6:35am On May 17, 2013
elegale:

Stock ROM is the factory fitted OS that ur fone runs on. Jes like buying a system wiv windows 7 "out-of-the-box", also, ur tecno comes wiv a gingerbread 2.3.5 OS "out-of-the-box".

As for the detailed steps to increase internal mem, d guide is as simple as it gets. Ur fone is rooted?? Good. Av u been using Link2SD before (or r u using it presently)?? Is your scdard
partitioned as stated above??
it's not partioned and av not bin using link2SD
Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by starlightRR(m): 8:49pm On May 17, 2013
Thumbs up man

2 Likes

Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by Olamyyde(m): 1:30am On May 18, 2013
omo dis tin go sweet oo
Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by Judexman(m): 3:53pm On May 18, 2013
bros me.. you are the best among the rest.. tanx. bye bye to low memory. this is the best solution

1 Like

Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by ibietela2(m): 6:14pm On May 18, 2013
Hmmm... Me ay wan sell my n3
Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by toscotech(m): 6:32pm On May 21, 2013
please how are we going to link that folder
Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by tonbari: 1:50pm On May 22, 2013
Me cldnt find d link option.. cld u plz post a wokin link 4 d root xplorer.
Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by hoticey(m): 8:22pm On May 22, 2013
Stock ROM is the factory fitted OS that ur
fone runs on. Jes like buying a system wiv
windows 7 "out-of-the-box", also, ur tecno
comes wiv a gingerbread 2.3.5 OS "out-of-
the-box".
As for the detailed steps to increase
internal mem, d guide is as simple as it
gets. Ur fone is rooted?? Good. Av u been
using Link2SD before (or r u using it
presently)?? Is your scdard partitioned as
stated above??

my phone is rooted and am using link2sd presently! my problem now is how to backup my phone, how to partition and how to use those ingredients needed for increasing internal memory. can those materials found in the play store? thanks in anticipation for your response.
Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by toscotech(m): 8:35pm On May 22, 2013
Thank god o am successful do it may god bless you

1 Like

Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by hoticey(m): 9:17pm On May 22, 2013
Stock ROM is the factory fitted OS that ur
the-box".
stated above??

my phone is rooted and am currently using link2sd. my challenges are
1. how to backup my phone
2. how to partition my sd
3. how to get and use the ingredients needed for increasing internal memory.
thanks in anticipation for your response!
Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by ridwan4u(m): 10:37pm On May 22, 2013
4. Go out of /data/sdext and then go back into it.

Now, this is the most important...yet most dangerous part.

15. Create a link to the APP folder. This is done by long-pressing d folder, scroll down the options that pop up and choose "Link to this folder". Den go back to /data and choose "create link". A warning will pop up (app folder exists...do you want to replace......or something like that sha). Choose "YES".

Pls are we going. To create data folder inside ext or wat .and how can I link it to dat folder.

16. Repeat this step for the remaining 3
Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by rastarman(m): 12:22am On May 23, 2013
Pls when i type in root explorer in play store. What i have is ES explorer. And where is best to instAll all the apps dat will be used? Eg link2sd, root explorer. COS we are moving app folder dats in fone memory.And d option create is not coming up, when d folder is long pressed. Also Es explorer do force close.
Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by yehmy(m): 12:51am On May 23, 2013
rastarman: Pls when i type in root explorer in play store. What i have is ES explorer. And where is best to instAll all the apps dat will be used? Eg link2sd, root explorer. COS we are moving app folder dats in fone memory.And d option create is not coming up, when d folder is long pressed. Also Es explorer do force close.
use root explorer nt es explorer.
Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by Matex(m): 4:30am On May 23, 2013
I got everything and ram increases,but after for hours when i off my phone and on it again.The thing just write TECNO and hanged.till now no respond.what should be the cause.
Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by ridwan4u(m): 8:48am On May 23, 2013
i hav try dis for d first time. my fone just write tecno. for all most three hours. but. i do recovery mode. and i my phone unrooted. but i hav reroot my fone again. am goin to retry it. nw.
Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by wale0911: 9:58am On May 23, 2013
weldone bro, but i got problem with getting it done. I couldnt locate sdext rather what i saw was sdext2,,,, i tried using it notwithstanding,,,, when i long click it i still couldnt see the "create link",,,,,,, pls do expantiate on this bro,,,, thanks
Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by elegale: 5:25pm On May 23, 2013
Kanmiboy: gud job bro.bt pls i nid 2ask some few question cos am also new on andriod so pls do take ur tym 2explain sum certain term u mentioned n hw 2locate or get dem if nid b. Link2sd,root explorer,sdext or ext3,mini tool,swapper n linkswap.cos i cant find any of dis on my n3.cos ve done factory reset b4 n i deleted all in d memorycard in d process.dunno if dat is responsible.pls reply.god bless.

- Link2sd...application...can be gotten from google play store.
- Root Explorer...application...can be gotten from google play store.
- sdext...2nd partition on ur mem card dat only d fone can see. It is created using a tool such as mini partition tool wizard.
- ext3...d file system type of ur 2nd partition (as opposed to fat32 for d 1st partition).
- swapper2...application...can be gotten from google play store.
- linuxswap...file system of the 3rd partition when you partition your memory card.

<Br> <Br>
Read d post well and follow accordingly. D partitioning is done wiv a computer system with Mini tool partition wizard installed.
Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by elegale: 5:27pm On May 23, 2013
busar: it's not partioned and av not bin using link2SD

No problem there. Partition your sdcard as above and install d required apps on your fone. Follow d steps. U shudnt get lost.
Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by elegale: 5:29pm On May 23, 2013
tonbari: Me cldnt find d link option.. cld u plz post a wokin link 4 d root xplorer.

Long-click on d folder(s) u r supposed to link, some options wud pop up. Scroll to d end. Itz d last option in d list.
Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by elegale: 5:31pm On May 23, 2013
hoticey: Stock ROM is the factory fitted OS that ur
the-box".
stated above??

my phone is rooted and am using link2sd presently! my problem now is how to backup my phone, how to partition and how to use those ingredients needed for increasing internal memory. can those materials found in the play store? thanks in anticipation for your response.

Backup ur fone using nandroid online backup (available on play store). Root explorer, link2sd, swapper2...all play store. Minitool partition wizard is for pc. Google it.
Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by elegale: 5:33pm On May 23, 2013
hoticey: Stock ROM is the factory fitted OS that ur
the-box".
stated above??

my phone is rooted and am currently using link2sd. my challenges are
1. how to backup my phone
2. how to partition my sd
3. how to get and use the ingredients needed for increasing internal memory.
thanks in anticipation for your response!

-Backup ur fone >> Nandroid online backup (available on play store)
- partition ur sd >> use minitool partition wizard (pc app)
- other ingredients >> available on playstore.
Re: [GUIDE] [TUTORIAL] How To Increase Internal Memory Of Tecno N3 by elegale: 5:36pm On May 23, 2013
rastarman: Pls when i type in root explorer in play store. What i have is ES explorer. And where is best to instAll all the apps dat will be used? Eg link2sd, root explorer. COS we are moving app folder dats in fone memory.And d option create is not coming up, when d folder is long pressed. Also Es explorer do force close.

Get root explorer...itz d best option. Install all apps on internal mem. And u r not moving anything. Copy from internal to ur sdext folder. DO NOT MOVE OOOO. If ur fone brick, OYO to U.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Text Messaging / How To Track A Nigerian Scammer's Bank Account And Easily Get Back Your Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.