Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

10 Myths About Introverts - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Myths About Introverts (28427 Views)

Problems Only Introverts Will Understand / Top 10 Myths About Africa / Top Ten Myths About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Anthiga(m): 10:00am On May 18, 2013
Well said

7 Likes

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by searay(m): 10:01am On May 18, 2013
smiley
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Nobody: 10:02am On May 18, 2013
gbamest! you are on track!

you see right through me
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Nobody: 10:04am On May 18, 2013
Wow so on point,the OP just described me. It's a well written fact.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Nobody: 10:06am On May 18, 2013
dis post is all abt me
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Nobody: 10:06am On May 18, 2013
I'm an introvert but one slowly metamorphosizin into 'The Extrovert'. Thanks to my helpful co-workers!
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by ecode1(m): 10:08am On May 18, 2013
[/b]So on point. I can easily relate most of the points to myself. Most especially this point below

[b]Myth #6 – Introverts always want to be alone.
Introverts are perfectly comfortable with their own thoughts. They think a lot. They daydream. They like to have problems to work on, puzzles to solve. But they can also get incredibly lonely if they don’t have anyone to share their discoveries with. They crave an authentic and sincere connection with ONE PERSON at a time.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by free13: 10:11am On May 18, 2013
ok.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by texbaba1: 10:13am On May 18, 2013
As an introvert, this article is almost spot on. If i may add, i think introverts can become for the moment, extroverts if they want to...at least to show the dynamic part of an introvert. We are rily wonderful people to have around u knw. wink. The strongest point for me as an introvert is that we are very faithful...with frienship and relationship, cos we choose just very few friends. We are also full of creative ideas that can last a life time, infact we are idea orientd people. Thumbs up to all introverts in the house.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by ZACHIE: 10:16am On May 18, 2013
introverted and loving it
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Kslib(m): 10:16am On May 18, 2013
LOL.. So everybody on this thread has automatically become an introvert?.. Chai,some people like lie sha..

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by mascot87(m): 10:20am On May 18, 2013
Why is the Op describing me na? On point,everything from 1-10. Proudly one
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Nobody: 10:21am On May 18, 2013
Uchem1: if u want to knw more, read d book why u act d way u act by Tim himalaye. Tanx for d post
Shezzman: Wants to know more?Get Spirit controlled temperament by Til lahaye
Why do people keep talking about his books like they're some sort of infallible temperament bibles? Say anything about temperaments and the next thing you hear is people shouting Tim lahaye.

@topic, good post but I think it would be nice to learn the myths about extroverts for a change. Only introvert myths are given priority.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by scampy(m): 10:22am On May 18, 2013
@ OP, u are absolutely right.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by mysticgal(f): 10:23am On May 18, 2013
Choi Everybody don turn introvert
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by alnetizen: 10:27am On May 18, 2013
See as everybody is claiming to be an introvert.
Your case is not being introvert rather you guys are under the spell of confusion and disorganized ways of living a life in this country Nigeria. In other words YOU GUYS ARE DEPRESSED.

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by keldpianist: 10:30am On May 18, 2013
This is so true!.. #teamintrovert
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by IleIfe2(m): 10:30am On May 18, 2013
maclatunji: Top ten myths about introverts

Wow, you posted something i like for the first time. You are still a douche-bag though.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Nobody: 10:31am On May 18, 2013
maclatunji:

So, what are the facts about introverts?

You should be the one to tell us the characteristics of an intorvert !
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by DJDOLA(m): 10:31am On May 18, 2013
Nawa ooo...so everbody in nairaland don turn 2 introvert just now
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by DJDOLA(m): 10:34am On May 18, 2013
alnetizen: See as everybody is claiming to be an introvert.
Your case is not being introvert rather you guys are under the spell of confusion and disorganized ways of living a life in this country Nigeria. In other words YOU GUYS ARE DEPRESSED.
gbam...u nail it
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Princeadebayo1(m): 10:34am On May 18, 2013

Myth #1 – Introverts don’t like to talk.
This is not true. Introverts just don’t talk unless they have something to say. They hate small talk. Get an introvert talking about something they are interested in, and they won’t shut up for days.

Myth #2 – Introverts are shy.
Shyness has nothing to do with being an Introvert. Introverts are not necessarily afraid of people. What they need is a reason to interact. They don’t interact for the sake of interacting. If you want to talk to an Introvert, just start talking. Don’t worry about being polite.

Myth #3 – Introverts are rude.

Introverts often don’t see a reason for beating around the bush with social pleasantries. They want everyone to just be real and honest. Unfortunately, this is not acceptable in most settings, so Introverts can feel a lot of pressure to fit in, which they find exhausting.

Myth #4 – Introverts don’t like people.
On the contrary, Introverts intensely value the few friends they have. They can count their close friends on one hand. If you are lucky enough for an introvert to consider you a friend, you probably have a loyal ally for life. Once you have earned their respect as being a person of substance, you’re in.

Myth #5 – Introverts don’t like to go out in public.

Nonsense. Introverts just don’t like to go out in public FOR AS LONG. They also like to avoid the complications that are involved in public activities. They take in data and experiences very quickly, and as a result, don’t need to be there for long to “get it.” They’re ready to go home, recharge, and process it all. In fact, recharging is absolutely crucial for Introverts.

Myth #6 – Introverts always want to be alone.
Introverts are perfectly comfortable with their own thoughts. They think a lot. They daydream. They like to have problems to work on, puzzles to solve. But they can also get incredibly lonely if they don’t have anyone to share their discoveries with. They crave an authentic and sincere connection with ONE PERSON at a time.

Myth #7 – Introverts are weird.

Introverts are often individualists. They don’t follow the crowd. They’d prefer to be valued for their novel ways of living. They think for themselves and because of that, they often challenge the norm. They don’t make most decisions based on what is popular or trendy.

Myth #8 – Introverts are aloof nerds.

Introverts are people who primarily look inward, paying close attention to their thoughts and emotions. It’s not that they are incapable of paying attention to what is going on around them, it’s just that their inner world is much more stimulating and rewarding to them.

Myth #9 – Introverts don’t know how to relax and have fun.
Introverts typically relax at home or in nature, not in busy public places. Introverts are not thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies. If there is too much talking and noise going on, they shut down. Their brains are too sensitive to the neurotransmitter called Dopamine. Introverts and Extroverts have different dominant neuro-pathways. Just look it up.

Myth #10 – Introverts can fix themselves and become Extroverts.
Introverts cannot “fix themselves” and deserve respect for their natural temperament and contributions to the human race. In fact, one study (Silverman, 1986) showed that the percentage of Introverts increases with IQ.

This list was inspired by the book The Introvert Advantage: How to Thrive in an Extrovert World by Marti Laney.

http://jerrybrito.org/post/6114304704/top-ten-myths-about-introverts?1d4ef638/
i like the topic,it says a lot of tins abt me,am an introvert
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Pygru: 10:35am On May 18, 2013

Myth #1 – Introverts don’t like to talk.
This is not true. Introverts just don’t talk unless they have something to say. They hate small talk. Get an introvert talking about something they are interested in, and they won’t shut up for days.

Myth #2 – Introverts are shy.
Shyness has nothing to do with being an Introvert. Introverts are not necessarily afraid of people. What they need is a reason to interact. They don’t interact for the sake of interacting. If you want to talk to an Introvert, just start talking. Don’t worry about being polite.

Myth #3 – Introverts are rude.

Introverts often don’t see a reason for beating around the bush with social pleasantries. They want everyone to just be real and honest. Unfortunately, this is not acceptable in most settings, so Introverts can feel a lot of pressure to fit in, which they find exhausting.

Myth #4 – Introverts don’t like people.
On the contrary, Introverts intensely value the few friends they have. They can count their close friends on one hand. If you are lucky enough for an introvert to consider you a friend, you probably have a loyal ally for life. Once you have earned their respect as being a person of substance, you’re in.

Myth #5 – Introverts don’t like to go out in public.

Nonsense. Introverts just don’t like to go out in public FOR AS LONG. They also like to avoid the complications that are involved in public activities. They take in data and experiences very quickly, and as a result, don’t need to be there for long to “get it.” They’re ready to go home, recharge, and process it all. In fact, recharging is absolutely crucial for Introverts.

Myth #6 – Introverts always want to be alone.

Myth #7 – Introverts are weird.

Introverts are often individualists. They don’t follow the crowd. They’d prefer to be valued for their novel ways of living. They think for themselves and because of that, they often challenge the norm. They don’t make most decisions based on what is popular or trendy.

Myth #8 – Introverts are aloof nerds.

Introverts are people who primarily look inward, paying close attention to their thoughts and emotions. It’s not that they are incapable of paying attention to what is going on around them, it’s just that their inner world is much more stimulating and rewarding to them.

Myth #9 – Introverts don’t know how to relax and have fun.
Introverts typically relax at home or in nature, not in busy public places. Introverts are not thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies. If there is too much talking and noise going on, they shut down. Their brains are too sensitive to the neurotransmitter called Dopamine. Introverts and Extroverts have different dominant neuro-pathways. Just look it up.

Myth #10 – Introverts can fix themselves and become Extroverts.
Introverts cannot “fix themselves” and deserve respect for their natural temperament and contributions to the human race. In fact, one study (Silverman, 1986) showed that the percentage of Introverts increases with IQ.

This list was inspired by the book The Introvert Advantage: How to Thrive in an Extrovert World by Marti Laney.

http://jerrybrito.org/post/6114304704/top-ten-myths-about-introverts?1d4ef638/
Proud to be an Introvert embarassed
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by MayorSchwags(m): 10:36am On May 18, 2013
you've all suddenly become introverts eh? grin as for myth 10, one can changea dependn on d kinda ppl u move arnd wt. I used to b a super introvert
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Krasid(m): 10:37am On May 18, 2013
olumaxi: Introverts ar slow to react..they canneva make a gud president..eg ebele
They don't react quickly and make stupid decisions,they think and make the right decision.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by greaterlove(m): 10:37am On May 18, 2013
mysticgal: Choi Everybody don turn introvert
it shouldnt suprise you, introverts spend more time online than extroverts.
off post, what is it with the 21 rules i am seeing above me?

4 Likes

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by ChiSun27(m): 10:38am On May 18, 2013
u jst described my person.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 10:39am On May 18, 2013
Funny enough a friend and her sis just referred to me as weird last night.
This thread is absolutely true. I av stayed in my house for weeks without going out. As long as I have my phone, bis, and food network(dstv), m all good.
Don't really fancy parties and 2many friends or even talkative.

Op, u nailed it

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Afam4eva(m): 10:39am On May 18, 2013
It makes sense.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Ohibenemma(m): 10:41am On May 18, 2013
I'm one, and one of the most erroneous perceptions about me is that I'm shy. How can I be when I teach in the church, co-ordinate the choir, sing in the church, was my departmental secretary in school, was the General secretary and later Zonal co-ordinator of the NCCF during service, etc?
The fact is simply that I don't push myself, and I don't crave attention- it just comes to me... I'd say the list is 95% spot on. Great job@ Op.
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by claremont(m): 10:41am On May 18, 2013
Introversion and extroversion both have their own advantages and disadvantages. Inasmuch as I have been told that I'm a an introvert, the thing is if these same people who call me that see me engaging in some outdoor activities that I love, they would be shocked that a so-called introvert can be so extroverted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0KYU2j0TM4
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts by Vado(m): 10:44am On May 18, 2013
I'm not gonna front. The op was spot on. These features describes me a lot. Sometimes, i feel it's me against the world or people just don't understand me and the way i do my thing. Being an introvert/piscean, kinda tough at times.

Topic bookmarked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ever Help Someone And You Landed Into Trouble?? ... Share / The Snake I Killed In An Uncompleted Building Beside My House (Photos) / Dangote Trailer Crushes Lady Dead On Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway (Graphic Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.