Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! (5160 Views)

Student Accomodation In Southampton / Invest in Student Housing for life time income!!! / Student Accomodation Needed Around Lasu Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 22, 2008
Hi All,

Does anybody know af any higher institution campus with acute shortage of accomodation where an investment in student accomodation might be worthwhile? Also, are there property owners/agents here who might have land around new campuses currently without accomodation?

Thanks for the info.

Regards,

Kunlef

www.lekkilinks.com
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by lucabrasi(m): 11:08pm On Apr 22, 2008
i think mostly all the higher institutions need accommodation,i v been told about this as well that its lucrative i suggest however that you stick to maybe your home state or home town if theres a higher institution,also the colleges of education or polytechnic is better ,and universities though
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by Flowers: 9:51am On Apr 23, 2008
Its a good business. We are running an investment club and currently looking at going into private hostel though we've not secured a land. How serious are you about going into this?
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 23, 2008
Hi,

Very serious. Yes, I was also thinking along the line of forming/joining an investment club for that purpose after getting the required info.

So, can you send me the details of your investment club to info@lekkilinks.com. I think I wouldn't mind joining.

Regards,

Kunlef
www.lekkilinks.com
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by Flowers: 2:17pm On Apr 23, 2008
@kunlef

We are a group of 20. We do not wish to take more members. You could go ahead and look for like minded people. When we started people thought we were joking but now our colleagues want to join but no.
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by gabng(m): 10:14pm On Apr 23, 2008
i am an undergraduate of the university of lagos. If you can get a site near there and build something that has self contained rooms and ready to collect rents per year then you are ready to hit it big.
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 24, 2008
@gabng

Yes I agree with you about UNILAG, but I think Akoka area is pretty built-up already. Getting a land there will be pretty difficult and definitely very expensive. So I am, thinking more of Lagos suburbs or even outside Lagos, but still in the South West.

Cheers

Kunlef
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by Flowers: 1:59pm On Apr 24, 2008
@ Kunlef

We could strike a deal if you are really interested in this private hostel. You can reach me through my e-mail address helenflorish@ yahoo.com. We can thoroughly look at the modality of making it a reality.
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 24, 2008
Ok, I will mail you immediately with my yahoo mail.

Cheers.

Kunlef
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by dejavoe(m): 1:46pm On Apr 27, 2008
@Flowers et kunlef

its really a good idea what you guys/gals are planning to do thou. I've been doing several feasibility studies on establishing things of this Nature but more wider thou. I would mind to know more about your Investment club, are you operating from Nigeria or abroad?
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by Flowers: 9:39am On Apr 28, 2008
@ dejavoe

The investment club is run in lagos

@ Kunlef
How are you? Hope you had a nice weekend?
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 28, 2008
All,

I am still waiting for input from students and land owners/agents, Your info will be appreciated.

@Flowers

Fine, thanks. I am working on what we discussed.
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 28, 2008
@gabng

On second thought, if you know of any land/house for sale near UNILAG, please do not hesitate to hala.

Cheers,

Kunlef
www.lekkilinks.com
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by HRhotness(f): 9:31pm On Apr 28, 2008
My cousin schools at LASU and she complains constantly about good quality accomodation

I finished from ABU Zaria yrs ago and the off campus accomodation was substandard, i visited recenly and some smart pple hav recognised d need and a number of places hav cropped up. I remeber thinkin it was a good investment opportunity. there is definately enough land and buildings with good potentials
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 28, 2008
@HR.hotness

Can you tell me which of the LASU campuses is your sister?

Thanks.

Kunlef
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by HRhotness(f): 9:57pm On Apr 28, 2008
Ojo campus I think
but I heared Epe also had problems
unfortunately cant give you details
it would be a good idea to investigate further tho
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 28, 2008
Epe is actually much closer to me. I will try to investigate.

Thanks for the info.
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by Flowers: 4:40pm On Apr 29, 2008
@ Kunlef

Keep up the good job. We are not relenting on the search too.
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by boyelarry: 11:13am On Apr 30, 2008
I am a real estate vendor and a builder, i also reside in ikorodu in lagos. About some years back the lagos state polytechnic campus was moved from isolo to ikorodu with no plans for hostel. Student have been relying on houses arround the school and the adjoining town like Ogijo, Odogunyan etc for accomodation. Building a private hostel arround this area is quite viable. I have done a feasibility on it before but i could not get an investor. Lands are available arround this area in large quantity and can facilitate the purchase. for more info you can mail seggs.partners@yahoo.com or call 08029478202, 017348083.
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by beelyjay45(m): 12:21pm On Apr 30, 2008
HI, Kunlef,
My name is Badmus A. Abiola a real estate consultant based in Abuja, I think University of Abuja are having adequate shortage of hostels if you need o invest in i i know that Abuja is the best place for you. for more details you can contact me on beelyjay@gmail.com, 08069660578,07025416463
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by abujabooks(f): 12:47pm On May 02, 2008
beelyjay45:

HI, Kunlef,
My name is Badmus A. Abiola a real estate consultant based in Abuja, I think University of Abuja are having adequate shortage of hostels if you need o invest in i i know that Abuja is the best place for you. for more details you can contact me on beelyjay@gmail.com, 08069660578,07025416463

@Beelyjay,

See you in Abuja next month. It's your egbon.
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by abujabooks(f): 12:50pm On May 02, 2008
@Boye/Larry,

Email me abujabooks@gmail.com. We can discuss some business.
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 02, 2008
@Boye/Larry

Can you give me an idea of the cost per acre of land around the campus? Also, what of the resistance of the local landlords to such a scheme?

Cheers,

Kunlef
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by hakir(m): 2:32pm On May 19, 2008
hello nairalanders

sequel to the topic at hand i just want to bring to ur knowledge an uncompleted 16 bedroom hostel complex with approval for 32 rooms. it is already roofed in long span aluminium on a land area of over 2000m2 with ample land available for future development -

location- near university of abuja road , gwagwalada abuja.

price- 25m net

university of abuja has serious accommodation problem and i just got this brief from a surveyor friend with the mandate to sell.

for ur info, i ve not been to the site both a serious commitment could take me there.

thanks

hakir

onivehu2000@yahoo.com
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by tosin4urs: 11:36pm On May 22, 2008
check out naija premier property trading site
www.EEZEEMarKet.com
sell or rent your properties with any number of pictures free and easily.
enjoysmiley
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by boyelarry: 10:47am On May 28, 2008
@ kunlef

The cost per acre of land in which i have a three acre at hand presently is between 2.5m and 3m. I cannot give an exact figure right now because we are negotiating. Regarding the land lords i can not say because there is yet to be this kind of project arround this campus. however, i dont think there will be anyone because with the erection of any of this kind of project, i dont think it will match the demand for it. So, i believe there is still room for everybody
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by sonety2k(m): 7:19pm On Jul 30, 2008
boye/larry:

I am a real estate vendor and a builder, i also reside in Ikorodu in Lagos. About some years back the Lagos state polytechnic campus was moved from Isolo to Ikorodu with no plans for hostel. Student have been relying on houses around the school and the adjoining town like Ogijo, Odogunyan etc for accomodation. Building a private hostel arround this area is quite viable. I have done a feasibility on it before but i could not get an investor. Lands are available arround this area in large quantity and can facilitate the purchase. for more info you can mail seggs.partners@yahoo.com or call 08029478202, 017348083.

Sir Larry i would like to more about the feasibility studies u did on private hostel and whats the last selling price of the land PER ACER or PER PLOT thats beside the Lagos state polytechnic in Ikorodu and how close is the land to Laspotech? , Kindly send me all info to my mail add- sonety2k@yahoo.com
Regard
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by norsman(m): 6:55am On Jul 31, 2008
sir larry please am also interested in the fisibilty study of yours. can get investors in. email me @ ochejames@yahoo.com. tanx
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by thirdeye(m): 12:26am On Aug 01, 2008
Every university in Nigeria has accomodation problem except the private school. Anywhere you choose you can make money.
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by sonety2k(m): 1:49am On Aug 01, 2008
thirdeye:

Every university in Nigeria has accomodation problem except the private school. Anywhere you choose you can make money.

Oga Emma, i enjoy ur write up (newsletter), keep the good work going.

Regard
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by EmmaAjayi(m): 4:50pm On Aug 01, 2008
Hello everybody in the House,

I just stumbled into this session. Very interesting. It's like you people know my mind.

Does anyone know much about Ado-Ekiti & the environs? I'm looking for somebody to get us (Our Team) some parcels of land for the same purpose you've been discussing about. We do not mind to harmonise with other teams with likeminds.

Emma
Re: Investing In Student Accomodation - Information Needed! by thirdeye(m): 12:20am On Aug 02, 2008
@sonety2k,
Thank u 4 ur encouragement.

I just remembered I had an article on hostel development for students.

http://www.buildingcontractorsecrets.com/2007/11/hostel-development-for-university.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Property Development In Sabon Lugbe East Extension, Lugbe, Abuja by S.A.E LTD / Lagos, Issuing Houses Seal Deal On N47bn Bond / Independence Promo Is Here,hello Fastest Finger It’s Just 4 30days+2349030188831

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.