Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa (17480 Views)

Fayose Imposes Dusk To Dawn Curfew In Ekiti / Army Imposes Dusk-to-dawn Curfew On Maiduguri / 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by mamikky: 4:50pm On May 16, 2013
The bite of the State of Emergency imposed on Borno, Yobe and Adamwa, has started to come down hard as the military authorities have just announced a Dusk to Dawn curfew in Adamawa. This is beside the massive build up of heavy artillery and sophisticated weapons as well as surge in troops in those states. The statement from the military authorities which was signed by the Public Relations Officer of 23rd Brigade of the Nigerian Army, Yola, Lt. Jaafaru Mohammed Nuhu advised residents of the area to abide by the terms of the curfew.

The statement reads as follows;

“Sequel to the Presidential declaration of state of emergency in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states by the President and Commander-in-chief of the armed forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President Goodluck Jonathan, a 6 pm to 6 am curfew has been imposed on Adamawa state.

“All law abiding citizens are advised to abide by the curfew,”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-22557727
http://www.naijapundit.com/news/emergency-rule-bites-even-harder-as-military-imposes-dusk-to-dawn-curfew-in-adamawa

1 Like

Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by tinuolababy(f): 5:09pm On May 16, 2013
Ok.Good
Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by touch4mony: 5:17pm On May 16, 2013
Am so much loving this,pikin way say him mama no go sleep him to no go sleep.no mercy for them boko haram my foot I jst wish that ppl like kiata,aliyu,buhari,Tinubu and co will feel the heat but I guess by now they will b Abuja or u.s flexing why there foolish supports are here dying

5 Likes

Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by otokx(m): 6:41pm On May 16, 2013
commendable
Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by gramci: 7:03pm On May 16, 2013
No dulling, find and kill them.
Datz all
Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by Greekbreed(m): 7:05pm On May 16, 2013
Will it work #confused
Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by sammyyoung2(m): 7:05pm On May 16, 2013
Na to dey sleep be dat Ooo

2 Likes

Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by dad007(m): 7:05pm On May 16, 2013
Umhhhhh,it has started.
Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by kponkedenge(m): 7:06pm On May 16, 2013
Can sum1 explain d meanin of corfew 4 us way nor go skol. Thanks. angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by supaeagles(m): 7:06pm On May 16, 2013
Kudos to the efforts of our security operatives. Indeed it is not an easy job and they are putting themselves in harms way. I hope they carry out their operations dutifully and always ensure the safety of innocent people.

2 Likes

Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by bammo: 7:06pm On May 16, 2013
undecided not bad!
Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by Desdola(m): 7:07pm On May 16, 2013
A step in d right direction. Boko haram menace should be stopped once and for all. But in all innocent masses are affected.
Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 16, 2013
Hehehehe. Right on point. Shoot dem all modafuckers called boko haram
Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:07pm On May 16, 2013
Una wan kill them ni?
Shey na u go dey give them food ni?
Yeye!
Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by bammo: 7:09pm On May 16, 2013
kponke denge: Can sum1 explain d meanin of corfew 4 us way nor go skol. Thanks. angry angry angry
To remain indoors. And if the security men sees u outside 'BANGG' them go waste you!

3 Likes

Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by OCTAVO: 7:10pm On May 16, 2013
It's ok cheesy
Let's teach those cretins some lessons cheesy

Those Abokis should better start shaving their beards grin grin grin
Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by Modream: 7:11pm On May 16, 2013
What a pity, the innocent citizens will also feel this decisive might of the military because of boko haram jihadist.
Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by Alamen001: 7:12pm On May 16, 2013
Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by OCTAVO: 7:15pm On May 16, 2013
Modream :
What a pity, the innocent citizens will also feel this decisive might of the military because of boko haram jihadist.
I pity them too sad
Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by Mogten(m): 7:16pm On May 16, 2013
Modream :
!
Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by owobokiri(m): 7:16pm On May 16, 2013
I am still in a quandary; is it really a good idea to eliminate Boko Haram? Shouldn't they be allowed to ruthlessly uproot the destructive feudal lords that are scattered all over the north? I mean Boko was doing a good job sending these hitherto arrogant ex Generals and ex this and that running down to Abuja and Lagos with their tails in between their legs. Allow Boko to finish off these miscreants that threaten endlessly from the desert before eliminating them if that is really necessarily..
Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by tellwisdom: 7:18pm On May 16, 2013
This coffin will help curb those miscreants undecided
Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by ZN2: 7:18pm On May 16, 2013
Search all the homes as welll. Anything to fish out these fools. angry angry

Too bad for the innocent citizens though.

3 Likes

Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by Inik(m): 7:21pm On May 16, 2013
The curfew is a necessary evil
Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by supaeagles(m): 7:21pm On May 16, 2013
owobokiri: I am still in a quandary; is it really a good idea to eliminate Boko Haram? Shouldn't they be allowed to ruthlessly uproot the destructive feudal lords that are scattered all over the north?..
Perhaps, but then the collateral damage (loss of innocent lives) is just too much to accept that justification.

2 Likes

Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by action4real: 7:23pm On May 16, 2013
i love GEJ. this show that d slogish working of a cart does not mean that is timidity. oyaah time for action is here
Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by ogb5(m): 7:26pm On May 16, 2013
[b][/b]
mamikky:

“All law abiding citizens are advised to abide by the curfew,”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-22557727
http://www.naijapundit.com/news/emergency-rule-bites-even-harder-as-military-imposes-dusk-to-dawn-curfew-in-adamawa

See invitation to BH in the statement.

All law abiding citizen obey the curfew, Boko comeout and fight, do not obey the curfew grin
Fight don set, lets see the winner

2 Likes

Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by Policewoman(f): 7:29pm On May 16, 2013
Pity the innocent are suffering for the sins of the Jihadists.
Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 16, 2013
owobokiri: I am still in a quandary; is it really a good idea to eliminate Boko Haram? Shouldn't they be allowed to ruthlessly uproot the destructive feudal lords that are scattered all over the north? I mean Boko was doing a good job sending these hitherto arrogant ex Generals and ex this and that running down to Abuja and Lagos with their tails in between their legs. Allow Boko to finish off these miscreants that threaten endlessly from the desert before eliminating them if that is really necessarily..

trying to buy more time for your boko bros abi. Unfortunatly theres no more time.

The game is on and we are playing it the cowboy way.

Wish i was deployed with my fellow comrades to waste a few thousands of those cowards
Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by firetrap(m): 7:31pm On May 16, 2013
Modream :

Though truly the innocent ones will suffer but they also share a blame in this crisis. They have allowed themselves to be used as cannon fodder. If they had been cooperative with the security forces from the get go the situation would not have degenerated to this level of chaos

1 Like

Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by olempe(m): 7:31pm On May 16, 2013
Yes! Good for them. them never see anything...
Re: Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa by EasternLeopard: 7:33pm On May 16, 2013
Pls Nigerians should educate me. Is Adamawa as volatile as Borno and Yobe. Why I am asking is because I dont hear so much about BH activities occurring in Adamawa State. Besides do Adamawa have indigenous Kanuris.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News: Gov Fayose Emerges New Chairman Of Pdp's Governors' Forum / Akwa Ibom Governor Denies Plan To Decamp To APC / Theresa May To Visit Nigeria On Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.