Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,715 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Common Medical Fallacies - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Common Medical Fallacies (20388 Views)

Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. / 8 Common Causes Of Infertility In Men / 10 Common Bad Habits That Cause Kidney Failure/damage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Common Medical Fallacies by tuoyoojo(m): 10:57pm On May 16, 2013
If u require instant energy or if one has "blood shortage"..drink malt and milk

When a person eats mango and coke,its causes death....no medical proof to back this up

If a person has burns,apply palm oil on it....this only worsen the condition as if would add more bacteria to d burns

When a child is convulsing,give cow urine to abort it...no medical proof dat this stops convulsion

Drinking d water inside coconut can mak one to b dull academically

When a child is about to start having teeth,it comes with diarhoea...this normal physiological process does not cause diarhoea in itself but when the child is abt to start teething,he develops itchy gums and may want to use any nearby object to "stratch" d gums.these objects may be infected and that's what may cause diarhoea

If a child is brillant,its normally a trait gotten from d father..research how ever proofs dat" academic excellence" is a trait that is transfered to the child from d mother...ofcourse let's not forget that external facts has a huge role to play too

Looking at a person with conjuctivitis would automatically mean that d infection wud be transmitted to the
"Looker"....its mainly transmitted via contact.that is if d infected person who touches his eyes and shakes anoda person,he might pass in infection to him if he go and touches his eyes with that infected "hand"

When bad blood accumulates in a part of the body,it can cause illness so that blood must be let out of the blood by making small incisions on that body part...this has no medical backing

The list goes on.....

3 Likes

Re: Common Medical Fallacies by dominique(f): 11:34am On May 17, 2013
Lols @ point 1. I drank a lot of malt + milk + blood tonic when I was having dizzyspells during pregnancy and it worked. Placebo effect?
I'm hearing of mango and coke for the first time. Its mango + garri= death myth that I know well.

5 Likes

Re: Common Medical Fallacies by sweettweet: 11:55am On May 17, 2013
tuoyoojo: If u require instant energy or if one has "blood shortage"..drink malt and milk

When a person eats mango and coke,its causes death....no medical proof to back this up

If a person has burns,apply palm oil on it....this only worsen the condition as if would add more bacteria to d burns

When a child is convulsing,give cow urine to abort it...no medical proof dat this stops convulsion

Drinking d water inside coconut can mak one to b dull academically

When a child is about to start having teeth,it comes with diarhoea...this normal physiological process does not cause diarhoea in itself but when the child is abt to start teething,he develops itchy gums and may want to use any nearby object to "stratch" d gums.these objects may be infected and that's what may cause diarhoea

If a child is brillant,its normally a trait gotten from d father..research how ever proofs dat" academic excellence" is a trait that is transfered to the child from d mother...ofcourse let's not forget that external facts has a huge role to play too

Looking at a person with conjuctivitis would automatically mean that d infection wud be transmitted to the
"Looker"....its mainly transmitted via contact.that is if d infected person who touches his eyes and shakes anoda person,he might pass in infection to him if he go and touches his eyes with that infected "hand"

When bad blood accumulates in a part of the body,it can cause illness so that blood must be let out of the blood by making small incisions on that body part...this has no medical backing

The list goes on.....

suprised at the point in bold
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 17, 2013
IF YOU COUGH SNEEZE AND FART AT THE SAME TIME YOU WILL DIE
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by dridowu: 1:00pm On May 17, 2013
D mango + garri stil dy scare up til ds moment but 4 oda na wash
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 17, 2013
When we lost a friend of ours to AIDS some years ago, her mother told us she drank mango and coke and that's what caused her death. Lol
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by Akpaife(m): 1:01pm On May 17, 2013
dominique: Lols @ point 1. I drank a lot of malt + milk + blood tonic when I was having dizzyspells during pregnancy and it works. Placebo effect?
I'm hearing of mango and coke for the first time. Its mango + garri= death myth that I know well.
Dat mango n coke own is a very big lie
Go n bring mango n coke after I finish mango I will drink coke nothing will happen
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 17, 2013
When you stare at the computer for too long it damages your eye/sight.

Taking "agbo" cures "jedijedi"

Too much of s-e-x causes ...
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by nekaa(f): 1:02pm On May 17, 2013
Okay.. (juuss couldn't pass on the offer nt to comment smiley)
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by Cashio(m): 1:06pm On May 17, 2013
If u have a stomach ache,lie down(with ur belly on de floor without any shirt) on a cemented floor.....

1 Like

Re: Common Medical Fallacies by noskeybaba: 1:06pm On May 17, 2013
Nwanne if u look that pikin wey get appolo for eye, u don catch am be that O°˚˚˚. Via WiFi or bluetooth. grin

3 Likes

Re: Common Medical Fallacies by Djtm(m): 1:08pm On May 17, 2013
Drinking cow urine stops convulsion temporarily. However, it damages the brain. I learnt that from a medical personnel
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by sylve11: 1:09pm On May 17, 2013
noskeybaba: Nwanne if u look that pikin wey get appolo for eye, u don catch am be that O°˚˚˚. Via WiFi or bluetooth. grin

Lmao, grin grin grin cool
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by Geomac: 1:09pm On May 17, 2013
Pipsland78: When you stare at the computer for too long it damages your eye/sight.

It is true.
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by sammmiey1: 1:09pm On May 17, 2013
Too much of sex is bad
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 17, 2013
Pipsland78: When you stare at the computer for too long it damages your eye/sight.

staring at a computer screen or tv screen for too long especially at close range isn't too good for the eyesight.TV addicts Beware

2 Likes

Re: Common Medical Fallacies by Jarus(m): 1:11pm On May 17, 2013
eating fish eye makes you dull.

4 Likes

Re: Common Medical Fallacies by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 17, 2013
obadiah777: IF YOU COUGH SNEEZE AND FART AT THE SAME TIME YOU WILL DIE
cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by noskeybaba: 1:15pm On May 17, 2013
samm_miey: Too much of sex is bad

^unless u mean spiritual, its a fat lie. Infact science said that it makes u live longer. ♍ƴ guy try am, u fit be as fresh as M̶̲̅ε̲̣.
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by siddiq202(m): 1:16pm On May 17, 2013
Jarus: eating fish eye makes you dull.

This one even has a song cheesy grin cheesy

Olodo rabata oju eja lomo je grin

6 Likes

Re: Common Medical Fallacies by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 17, 2013
#Eating Okra during pregnancy makes a child drool.

#A child's teeth must not clamp during convulsion.

#Any sick person must take drip.

1 Like

Re: Common Medical Fallacies by Decapo: 1:18pm On May 17, 2013
waka pass thread
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by siddiq202(m): 1:20pm On May 17, 2013
The things a child that grows upper teeth first says must come to pass grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Common Medical Fallacies by Afrocatalyst: 1:22pm On May 17, 2013
Funny
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by tripledub: 1:23pm On May 17, 2013
If ur teeth remove, take am go throw on top d roof of ur house. Anoda one go grow immediately where the first one from comot. I did this when i was young.

2 Likes

Re: Common Medical Fallacies by agohavivi(f): 1:29pm On May 17, 2013
Others include:
epilepsy is contagious.

a woman who wears yellow coloured
clothing when pregnant stands the risk of having a baby with jaundice.

An HIV victim can be cured if he sleeps with a virgin.

A toddler whose mum is pregnant would be sick till the mum puts to bed.

These are nothing but useless and wicked superstitions.

1 Like

Re: Common Medical Fallacies by fujirice: 1:31pm On May 17, 2013
siddiq202: The things a child that grows upper teeth first says must come to pass grin cheesy grin
#in Morroco's voice# Adam aruola ala puonu eze elu o! Hihihihihihhihihihi
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by DICKtator: 1:32pm On May 17, 2013

Too much s-e-x causes drastic s-per-m loss/reduction?
BS.
Phucccck all day and i still skeet skeet damn well.
Just break for 30 mins and you are back to full yoghourt production
grin grin grin grin
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by GentleNaaz(m): 1:32pm On May 17, 2013
Another medical falacy.
Stubon son got d genome of hs stubornness 4m hm papa. Yl asha.wo babe got has 4m em mama
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by Damojo: 1:36pm On May 17, 2013
My grandmum used to tell me to apply ear wax on a developing boil. I have not a boil in 20yrs....sh*t works like zithromax!
Re: Common Medical Fallacies by Haryoryhemie(f): 1:39pm On May 17, 2013
If U̶̲̥̅̊ put a finger in d nostril and dip it into ur anus, na die be dat
If U̶̲̥̅̊ kiss ur elbow, ur sex will change 2 d opposite

2 Likes

Re: Common Medical Fallacies by slap1(m): 1:40pm On May 17, 2013
If you eat jollof rice at night, your face will swell the next morning.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? / I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. / My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.