Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan (8945 Views)

Boys Stripped Unclad For Stealing In Ogun State (Photo) / Female Teenagers Held For Stealing In Lagos (photo) / Man Jailed & Caned For Slapping A Woman In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by rodeo0070(m): 5:02am On May 17, 2013
There was a mild drama on Thursday as a magistrate’s court sitting in Ibadan ordered that a defendant, Segun Ogunmola, be caned in court for stealing.

Ogunmola was arraigned on one count of stealing N1,040 belonging to a motorist.

Though Ogunmola had returned the money to the owner, Chief Magistrate Adams Adesina of Mapo Magistrate’s Court insisted that he should be caned publicly to serve as deterrent others.

The accused was caned in the court by a policeman.

Ogunmola, a bus conductor, who admitted to stealing the money, said he committed the crime due to poverty.

He said, “My father died since I was a toddler and I don’t know my mother’s whereabouts. I have no option than to fend for myself.

“I have returned the money to the owner.”

Adesina, in his ruling, said the case was earlier adjourned due to absence of the prosecutor.

He said, “The precious time of court cannot be wasted.”

SOURCE: mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/metro/drama-as-court-orders-man-to-be-caned/

1 Like

Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by Tigerhead: 5:11am On May 17, 2013
This is what ACN is turning Nigeria into. Imagine if they win at the center we will become Nigerianistan!!!

1 Like

Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by vizboy(m): 5:30am On May 17, 2013
LMAO
PUNISHMENT SERVES HIM RIGHT
Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by nuclearboy(m): 5:50am On May 17, 2013
Tigerhead: This is what ACN is turning Nigeria into. Imagine if they win at the center we will become Nigerianistan!!!

You would prefer they hang a man who stole 1,040?

Why don't you speak about Diezani's billions, Okupe's multi-millions and Anenih's millions?

Why is everything partisan/ethnic and religious with you people? Yet you believe you are better than boko haram

19 Likes

Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by bayusman: 6:20am On May 17, 2013
Justice served right.
Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by alienvirus: 6:20am On May 17, 2013
lol!
Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by Nobody: 6:58am On May 17, 2013
How many strokes was he given

1 Like

Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by igochopurs(f): 7:09am On May 17, 2013
nuclearboy:

Why don't you speak about Diezani's billions, Okupe's multi-millions and Anenih's millions?

Why is everything partisan/ethnic and religious with you people? Yet you believe you are better than boko haram

and Tinubu's billions?

8 Likes

Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by Bigcake: 8:17am On May 17, 2013
Nonsense judgement. Start beating Farouk Lawan n all other Nigerian looters in public then i will u a bottle of chill beer.

2 Likes

Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by slimming: 8:22am On May 17, 2013
wonderful judiciary
Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by Nobody: 9:01am On May 17, 2013
I really don't have a problem with this.
Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by tjskii(f): 9:01am On May 17, 2013
Ehen and dis happened in my Ibadan? I don talk am say na village I dey live cheesy grin
Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by chiefkeef: 9:01am On May 17, 2013
unintellectual news on the fp.

1 Like

Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by holyvirgin: 9:05am On May 17, 2013
nuclearboy:

Shatapp there mr man, I thought u were different? What happened to fashocrooks billions? Monies belonging to poor lagosians that he has embezzeled? Tinubu fa?

Non partisan man indeed. Talk another thing jare
Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by goldolu: 9:06am On May 17, 2013
igochopur$:

and Tinubu's billions?
Oshiomole governed for 4 years without Loval Government Elections,how many strokes of the cane should he recieve
Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by fuckluv(f): 9:06am On May 17, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by aminho(m): 9:07am On May 17, 2013
Then thivnibu deserves better
Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by Inik(m): 9:07am On May 17, 2013
Funny. How many strokes was he given?
Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by davidflo(m): 9:07am On May 17, 2013
Tigerhead: This is what ACN is turning Nigeria into. Imagine if they win at the center we will become Nigerianistan!!!
you prefer a pdp govt where 32billion naira thief pays 750kand goes free while 1k thief spends 3yrs in jail?....i hail u!

1 Like

Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by Kings77: 9:10am On May 17, 2013
Only God is the Righteous Judge!

God DEY.
Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by egift(m): 9:12am On May 17, 2013

holyvirgin:
Shatapp there mr man, I thought u were different? What happened to fashocrooks billions? Monies belonging to poor lagosians that he has embezzeled? Tinubu fa?

Non partisan man indeed. Talk another thing jare

Please tell us what you would have expected the judge to do? Send him to jail just because of N1,040?

3 Likes

Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by Scarpon(m): 9:15am On May 17, 2013
this is not 1856 for god sake
Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by gen2briz(m): 9:15am On May 17, 2013
Nairalander get many mouth sha, if them jail am, na Nairalander go first yab judiciary system, now them cane am you still they para. na wetin you what make them do again

4 Likes

Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by Sheenor: 9:16am On May 17, 2013
o.k...... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by gerrardomendes(m): 9:17am On May 17, 2013
was it on bare yansh? grin
Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by Clemzy16(m): 9:18am On May 17, 2013
NIGERIA, a country where laws are made and broken by those who made. Where is it stated in the constitution that the court has a right to cane an accused in court. BTW, he got so much treatment for stealing just N1,040. If the same treatment was applied to farouk, otedollar and the likes, i guess they wouldn't be alive by now.

1 Like

Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by dridowu: 9:18am On May 17, 2013
Lwkmd
Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by Nobody: 9:18am On May 17, 2013
Bigcake: Nonsense judgement. Start beating Farouk Lawan n all other Nigerian looters in public then i will u a bottle of chill beer.
so what are u trying to say?leave the man or kill the man?what's wrong with this specie of human beings?you can't even give a solution to an answer.shame on you oga..stealing is an offence,he was lucky he was not jailed
Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by luminary1990: 9:20am On May 17, 2013
At least it is better of killing
Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by dridowu: 9:20am On May 17, 2013
Tiger=Animal
Animalhead
Re: Man Caned For Stealing In Ibadan by holyvirgin: 9:20am On May 17, 2013
egift:

Please tell us what you would have expected the judge to do? Send him to jail just because of N1,040?
I don't have anything against the purnishment he got.
My problem was with d dude who hypocriticaly called some people out without mentioning others.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Onaiyekan Makes Strong Case For Almajiri Review, Insurgency Link / VIDEO: How Gunmen Attacked Abuja-kaduna Train / Ikpeazu Imposes Restriction On Keke Operations In Umuahia To Fight Crime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.