Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,784 members, 7,813,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

How To Make Sure Money You Send From Abroad To Buy A Land Doesn't Get Embezzled - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Make Sure Money You Send From Abroad To Buy A Land Doesn't Get Embezzled (11230 Views)

Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad / My Agent Rented Out My House And Embezzled The Rent / How To Purchase Land Or Property From Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Sure Money You Send From Abroad To Buy A Land Doesn't Get Embezzled by erico2k2(m): 12:28pm On May 18, 2013
van bonattel:

Same way guys in Nigeria should be adviced to buy themselves an air ticket and hop into the plane to buy themselves a car in the US, who trusts all our naija guys in the diaspora with our 419 mentality and ripping off Nigerians who send money for stuff to be bought for them?
The Nigerians wey dey abroad are more criminal minded than the ones in naija.
is there any teason for making them statements or is it ur emotional mind at play here?how could U compare a car that is not a stationary object and a land wbich is stationary?or did OP strike a nerve?
Re: How To Make Sure Money You Send From Abroad To Buy A Land Doesn't Get Embezzled by tyson55(m): 12:46pm On May 18, 2013
melojames:

Arrant fallacy, I totally disagree with you. Does it mean you are a thief too?

Maybe he is not a Nigerian to have utter such a ludicrous preposterous statement. Then if he is, he is saying his whole generations are thieves.
Re: How To Make Sure Money You Send From Abroad To Buy A Land Doesn't Get Embezzled by zubbainno123: 1:04pm On May 18, 2013
NICE
Re: How To Make Sure Money You Send From Abroad To Buy A Land Doesn't Get Embezzled by bsparks: 2:13pm On May 18, 2013
Personally from experience I think it's safest to deal with registered corporate organisations that are in the business of real estate. They have a name to protect so they wouldn't won't to get into any under - handed deals. Most have websites with details of their current offerings. If you'd like some links send me an email via tujays40@hotmail.com (don't want to be banned so can't post here). Cheers
Re: How To Make Sure Money You Send From Abroad To Buy A Land Doesn't Get Embezzled by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 18, 2013
correct.so nobody fit chop the money wey o go send in the next 40years
Re: How To Make Sure Money You Send From Abroad To Buy A Land Doesn't Get Embezzled by Tedpgrass: 5:36pm On May 18, 2013
bsparks: Personally from experience I think it's safest to deal with registered corporate organisations that are in the business of real estate. They have a name to protect so they wouldn't won't to get into any under - handed deals. Most have websites with details of their current offerings. If you'd like some links send me an email via tujays40@hotmail.com (don't want to be banned so can't post here). Cheers

That's not fail-proof either.

There have been reports of some Lekki estates going burst and unable to build houses or satisfy their customers' other demands, as previously promised in the sales brochures.

One fairly popular one has poor customer relationships pre-sales.... how much more aftersales!!

A friend flew down to investigate this estate, before making a purchase recently.... not only was customer service below par, but there was a catalog of errors, from top management down to the footsoldiers.

Emails to the CEO or advert lead were not responded to, in order to make for allowances. But there was proof, they had receipt of them.

Figures for potential rents were grossly exaggerated.

Brochure pictures didn't depict the actual situation on the ground.
Fractions of the estate had been developed/built up , with large areas of undeveloped land, though it was advertised as fully developed. This could lead to potential security issues...

Some other estate was definitely built on water-logged land....reassurance re: drainage was given, but one wonders of potential flooding problems later once the entire area is well-developed.

Hidden costs of yearly service charge, similar to the yearly rent achievable etc was not stipulated in the brochures, but was estimated on further questioning!!!

Naija, I hail thee.

Shine your eyes well, is all I can say!!

Re: How To Make Sure Money You Send From Abroad To Buy A Land Doesn't Get Embezzled by nusad: 10:38pm On May 18, 2013
Good advice the Law
Re: How To Make Sure Money You Send From Abroad To Buy A Land Doesn't Get Embezzled by Mayanat: 12:49pm On May 19, 2013
Please how much can someone get a plot of land in Ibadan,location could be elebu olluyole area, bodija, or any gud area pls.
Re: How To Make Sure Money You Send From Abroad To Buy A Land Doesn't Get Embezzled by erico2k2(m): 10:12am On Jun 01, 2013
aglomar: NOW IN NIGERIA: FOREIGN QUALITY BUILDING FINISHING

We represent Aglomar SL, Spain, makers of unique building finishing products which have being used globally. Watch video at http://vimeo.com/9935159.

We handle projects in any part of the country.
We guarantee beauty, class, durability, uniqueness and international quality.
T: 08188360168, 08132232989
and you dont have a website?
Re: How To Make Sure Money You Send From Abroad To Buy A Land Doesn't Get Embezzled by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 12, 2013
Nice work
Re: How To Make Sure Money You Send From Abroad To Buy A Land Doesn't Get Embezzled by Consultville(m): 4:25pm On Jun 18, 2013
Good but the best is you should buy through reputable real estate firms or buy in an estate which also has flexible payment plan as an advantage or better still you can involve a neutral person that will just make enquiries about the property in disguise
Re: How To Make Sure Money You Send From Abroad To Buy A Land Doesn't Get Embezzled by Tedpgrass: 9:55pm On Jun 19, 2013
Consultville: Good but the best is you should buy through reputable real estate firms or buy in an estate which also has flexible payment plan as an advantage or better still you can involve a neutral person that will just make enquiries about the property in disguise

See my above post.....
That's not guaranteed either.!!!

Re: How To Make Sure Money You Send From Abroad To Buy A Land Doesn't Get Embezzled by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 01, 2013
I would personally advice you deal with someone you trust & know physically.
Wish you all the best.
Re: How To Make Sure Money You Send From Abroad To Buy A Land Doesn't Get Embezzled by aglomar: 10:31am On Sep 12, 2013
FINISH YOUR BUILDING TO INT'L STANDARDS

We represent Aglomar SL, Spain, makers of globally recognised unique building finishing products, used recently in Nigeria (video at http://vimeo.com/9935159).
They include a water-proof product that plasters and paints your blocks at once, with no need for repainting in 7 years!
They guarantee beauty, class, durability, uniqueness and foreign quality.
We handle projects in any part of the country. Estate developers wanted.

T: 08132232989, 08188360168
Re: How To Make Sure Money You Send From Abroad To Buy A Land Doesn't Get Embezzled by SEWORLD(m): 3:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
The level of wat is in the country can't make people do wat is good. Poverty most die.

(1) (2) (Reply)

New 5 Bedroom Bungalow Architectural Design With Living Room View / Real Estate As The Most Lucrative Investment / Amazing Nigerian Architectural Building Designs For Nairalanders.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.