Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,061 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES (4224 Views)

Nigerian Army Demotes Enitan Ransome-Kuti, Late Fela’s Nephew / We Have Clues On Boko Haram Sponsors - Nigerian Army / Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES by firetrap(m): 9:58am On May 18, 2013
The Nigerian Army may have deployed desert warfare adapted Toyota landcruiser gun trucks to aid in the combating of insurgents and give chase to those that flee into the deserts.

Nigerian forces have been attacking Islamist camps
in the northeast in the biggest offensive since
Boko Haram began its insurgency four years ago.
Fighter jets and attack helicopters have been used.
A military source said at least 30 rebels had been
killed. Ground operations are due to be carried out.
It follows an upsurge of violence against
government and Christian targets by Boko Haram
militants who want an Islamic state.

Earlier this week President Goodluck Jonathan declared a state of emergency across three northeastern border regions, where 2,000 people have died in the four-year insurgency.
Some observers back tough action against the rebels. “These people have gone beyond the pale of reason and for me and for the majority of Nigerians enough is enough, and I think the president has also reached that state of mind,” said Derin Ologbenla, a political scientist at the University of Lagos. He added that he thought the state of emergency should be extended to more states where Boko Haram was operating. “The president has been very patient with them to come out and make their claims or let us know their grievances and they have not really come out to let us know their grievances. What they have done is just to
show brutal force,” he said.

Last week insurgents killed dozens of police, soldiers
and prison staff as they stormed at jail in Borno state
and freed 100 inmates.

The army offensive follows growing evidence that Boko
Haram now controls parts of the northeast. It is the
military’s most serious operation since 2009, when 800
people were killed.

However the US has warned against a “cycle of
violence”, a view echoed by human rights groups such
as Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch who
have documented abuses by Nigerian forces.

Re: NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES by firetrap(m): 10:09am On May 18, 2013
Those trucks are mounted with .50 caliber heavy machine guns. Those guns are so lethal they are said to be able to cut humans in half.
Re: NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES by Nobody: 10:13am On May 18, 2013
Which one is human rights abuse by Nigerian Forces? So where were these human right beggers when christians and security forces were being killed by Boko Haram? They shouls just go and sleep and allow GEJ deal with those rats and anyone who harbours them.

3 Likes

Re: NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES by firetrap(m): 10:14am On May 18, 2013
I do not and will not support the killing of innocent women and children. I believe boko haram insurgents should be brought to justice, but whichever way that Justice is delivered is entirely left to them. If they surrender they should not be harmed but if they choose to fight, we'll read about the outcome in the papers. But innocents should not be harmed and collateral damage should be reduced to the barest minimum

5 Likes

Re: NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES by firetrap(m): 10:25am On May 18, 2013
A .50caliber bullet beside a ruler

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES by faoni572(m): 10:27am On May 18, 2013
God will give them victory
Re: NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES by Nobody: 10:27am On May 18, 2013
firetrap: Those trucks are mounted with .50 caliber heavy machine guns. Those guns are so lethal they are said to be able to cut humans in half.
damn! cheesy
Re: NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES by omiobo: 10:28am On May 18, 2013
Yes! Fire for fire . Asari should learn from this. War is not a good thing.
Re: NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES by karlmax2: 10:30am On May 18, 2013
I can now see why the defence budget has been high this past years kudos to the military.those miscreants didn't see this coming and I think its time we build military bases along our porous borders across the country.may God protect the innocents in these areas of conflict as we try to take our country back from those miscreants and their sponsors who think they can hold us to ransom.Nigeria is bigger than any religion,tribe,politicians ,persons and those hypocrites who call themselves progressive.we are moving forward though belated,but we won't be held back by some few greedy and evil Nigerians.
Re: NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES by Nobody: 10:37am On May 18, 2013
Toa!
Re: NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES by vizboy(m): 1:54pm On May 18, 2013
No mercy for the terrorists except the innocent wives and children
Re: NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES by Alexebo1(m): 2:58pm On May 18, 2013
firetrap: A .50caliber bullet beside a ruler
. Damn,dt tin z enof 2 pierce tru 3 terrorist hat sticked 2geda
Re: NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES by Tobbylobar(m): 3:23pm On May 18, 2013
Omo!!!war is not good ooo..
He beta as i dey drink my garri wit rest of mind oo.. shocked

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES by omartins(m): 3:40pm On May 18, 2013
Meatless Eba better pass war. God help the innocents over there.

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES by firetrap(m): 3:43pm On May 18, 2013
omartins: Meatless Eba better pass war. God help the innocents over there.

e better make hungry dey catch me for where I dey now than make I go banquet dinner for war zone
Re: NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES by ArQueBusieR(m): 3:45pm On May 18, 2013
Tobbylobar: Omo!!!war is not good ooo..
He beta as i dey drink my garri wit rest of mind oo.. shocked
Lol
Re: NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES by bloggernaija: 4:10pm On May 18, 2013
LFMAO.those useless pick up trucks?this is what a well equip military use.

Re: NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES by firetrap(m): 4:21pm On May 18, 2013
bloggernaija: LFMAO.those useless pick up trucks?this is what a well equip military use.

those so called useless trucks have been adapted for desert terrain. take any of those APCs out posted in ur comment to the desert and see how they fare
Re: NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES by naptu2: 4:28pm On May 18, 2013
O come on! Of course we've also got lots of APCs (Otokars, etc).

Re: NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES by firetrap(m): 5:10pm On May 18, 2013
BAMILASSA:
THE GOVERNMENT TACTICS AND STRATEGIES ARE ALREADY KNOWN;

1. CONVERTING THE CURRENT SECTARIAN UPROAR TO A FULL BLOWN CIVIL WAR, WITH THE WAR FRONT AT THE NORTH DOORS, KILLING BOTH OUR YOUTH AND COMMUNITY LEADERS E.G EMIRS, TOP POLITICIANS AND UNIFORM MEN OF NORTHERN ORIGIN, IN A BID TO TOTALLY WEAKEN THE REGION SO AS TO EITHER CONTINUE THEIR DEVILISH RULE AGENDA OR SIMPLY DIVIDE THE COUNTRY.

THIS IS A VERY GOOD STRATEGY INDEED,(courtesy Devil MENTOR) IT WORKS IN MANY INSTANCES E.G SYRIA. BUT ALAS, IT WOULD NEVER WORK IN NIGERIA.
B/COS;
THE BRAVE NORTHERN YOUTH IN THE MILITARY WOULD NEVER TOLERATE OR ALLOW THIS.
THE NORTH HAS GOOD FRIENDS( ALIAS) THAT WOULD STAND BY NORTH FOR SURE.
AS USUAL THE YORUBAS WOULD ISOLATE THEMSELVES, LEAVING, ND/IGBOS/MIDDLE BELTANS TO FACE NORTH IF THE PLAN BACKFIRES !

THE STRATEGY FURTHER ENTAILS WIDER S.O.E TO INFLICT MORE DAMAGES, MORE CASUALTIES , BLACKMAIL, ASSASSINATION AND MORE....

ALTHOUGH, THE TACTICS WAS ON FINAL STAGES, NIGERIA IS GODS OWN AS SAID BY MANY WOULD ONCE AGAIN SURVIVE THIS PLOT, THIS AGENDA IS BOUND TO FAIL, B/COS OF ILL EXECUTION OF THE DETAILS ENSHRINED.

LONG LIVE NORTH, LONG LIVE NIGERIA, LONG LIVE FREE AFRICA!

please do not talk as if the jihadist are innocent bystanders in this war. that's the problem with some Nigerians of northern extraction, they talk like the whole country is out to get them and that's the reason we are in the current crisis. the problem with the north is the so called "elders" who politicize everything and then come out to scream blue murder when their plans go awry. that's why our borders were thrown open to allow your so called friends come into our country to cause havoc
Re: NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES by hakanai(m): 5:24pm On May 18, 2013
@bamilassa.
Am from the muslim from the north and borno in particular.i suggest you keep that wild deceptive thoughts to yourself.have this bh people ever regarded anyone in the north.people and elders in the north appealed to them,they turned it all down.who the hell are they that wouldnt listen to scholars and elders or the cries of people for peace,dialogue or amnesty.even the devil would have given atleast a listening ear. They have shame us and even went further to disrepect all. I pray Allah protect the innocent and expose all this enemies of the people.
you should also know the army comprise all faiths.
you shoul also know even the bh never spared the youths or population,did you look around and see the damage done to my beloved state,?
Last i check they were in same boat murdering the population with bombs,kidnapping,throat slitting and shooting people in there homes. Also using extreme ways to force people into conversion.there ways are evil,un islamic and disrepectful of the north people.
I support GEJ and the military as long as they act professionally and target this extremist and counter development entities.
FGN should please be mindfull of the innocent victims.they should be there liberators and defenders.they should avoid taking out revenge on the innocent population.intead use intelligence and community driven strategy to focus on bh elements.
This war maybe,late,but better its done now than wait until it gets worse.
May Allah helps us all .
May Allah give our leaders wisdom.
May Allah forgive and have mercy.
Down with Boko haram.

8 Likes

Re: NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES by daffur: 5:46pm On May 18, 2013
grin With Luv From a Location in ND. Finally, these vehicles will see ACTION. Collateral Damage is allowed over there.
Re: NIGERIAN ARMY EMERGE WITH DESERT WARFARE OPERATIONAL VEHICLES by daffur: 5:49pm On May 18, 2013
NB. let me add. The Nigeria Army has the equipment and will be DEPLOYING MORE FOR THE GROUND OFFENSIVE.

To hell with BH.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Was Olikoye Ransome-kuti Thinking? / B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!! I Have Never Met Amaechi In My Life - President Buhari I / Maj. Gen. Ibrahim Babangida and Brigadier Sani Abacha in Sept 1984(pic, video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.