Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,163 members, 7,860,167 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:11 AM

In Defence Of Tithes - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Defence Of Tithes (2060 Views)

COZA Introduces Online Payment Of Tithes, Offerings, Seeds & Pledges / Of Tithes And Offerings And Rich Preachers. / Paying Of Tithes In Churches Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Defence Of Tithes by shdemidemi(m): 12:28pm On May 19, 2013
frosbel:

Thanks !

It's a mission for me to the very end , and until Jesus comes smiley

Good mission my brother but as we stop false prophet, we must not forget the major mandate, which is spreading the good news. I believe when people know what the true gospel is, they would be automatically free from tithing rogues.
Re: In Defence Of Tithes by Image123(m): 8:42pm On May 19, 2013
frosbel: When you help remove the wickedness in
the church then we can talk about the
wickedness outside the church.
Because the physical man made church is
wicked, the world does not know and
cannot do better.
For starters , when the thieves and
robbers stop putting the tithe as a
precondition for God's blessing while
ignoring the fact that we are blessed
because of Jesus, when the thieves and
robbers stop committing fornication with
politicians and rich business men, when
the thieves and robbers stop living lives
of self aggrandizement to the detriment
of the poor, when the thieves and
robbers stop deceiving the sheep with
false satanic doctrines such as eternal
torment etc, when the thieves and
robbers stop sleeping with single and
married women in their congregations,
when the thieves and robbers stop
lording it over the sheep, when the
thieves and robbers stop devouring
widows houses, when the thieves and
robbers stop visiting native doctors and
ritualists in India, then and only then ,
will we allow you a platform to air your
views on morality, for now go and sort
out your own house first.
Hypocrites !!!
you are just a busy body in other men's matters. The church is not your house, you need the gospel.
Re: In Defence Of Tithes by nep2ra(m): 9:41pm On May 19, 2013
Image123:
you are just a busy body in other men's matters. The church is not your house, you need the gospel.

Massive fail!
Re: In Defence Of Tithes by Image123(m): 10:19pm On May 19, 2013
nep2ra:

Massive fail!
You need something?
Re: In Defence Of Tithes by Rhymeyjohn: 11:18am On May 22, 2013
you are just giving emotional responses to the post. well, a natural man would cringe when his stand point (especially one that soot his flesh and convenience)is challenged. You can do better by using the bible to prove your point rather than name caalling. "fraud, theives, robbers" so emotional, even Jesus Christ would not do these and these call themselves christians (i.e little Christ) wihtout resemblance to Jesus Christ.
Re: In Defence Of Tithes by Nobody: 11:23am On May 22, 2013
Rhymeyjohn: you are just giving emotional responses to the post. well, a natural man would cringe when his stand point (especially one that soot his flesh and convenience)is challenged. You can do better by using the bible to prove your point rather than name caalling. "fraud, theives, robbers" so emotional, even Jesus Christ would not do these and these call themselves christians (i.e little Christ) wihtout resemblance to Jesus Christ.

" ....Then Jesus taught the people. He said, "It is written in the Scriptures, 'My house will be called a house for prayer for all people.' But you are changing God's house into a 'hiding place for thieves.'" - Mark 11:15-17

The apostles did not mince words when speaking to wicked hypocrites, because that is the only language they understand, when you see fraud you call it fraud.

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Tithes by Rhymeyjohn: 11:36am On May 22, 2013
lol, i see, you are always in house to show how 'scriptural straight' you are. You, the same person who defined tithes as 10% of crop produce, waiting for you to quote bible to defend this.
Re: In Defence Of Tithes by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 22, 2013
Rhymeyjohn: lol, i see, you are always in house to show how 'scriptural straight' you are. You, the same person who defined tithes as 10% of crop produce, waiting for you to quote bible to defend this.

I did ? Please show me where.

Besides, what's your problem with scripture ?
Re: In Defence Of Tithes by JesusisLord85: 12:22pm On May 22, 2013
Only the Levite Priest (i.e. the sons of Aaron) were permitted (among other things) to collect tithes. Is your pastor a Son of Aaron?
Secondly, tithes were ALWAYS produce, and NOT money. And let em tell you, they had money in those days. Abraham bought the field with money. All men were required to contribute a fixed amount to upkeep of temple, and THAT too was money. The 'tithe' was not.

However, it is good to give. 10% is nothing. Give an offering to the Lord. And please, stop calling it your 'seed'. Give with a cheerful heart and expect nothing in return. had God not done enough for you already. The reason your pastors in Nigeria continue to con you is because you claim to be Christians, and yet, very few of you have read the whole bible. You ought to be like scribes. "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" 2 Timothy 2:15

Read and let no man decieve you. If your preacher is a false teacher, you would know it because you know the word. And if he is indeed, you must warn him. If he continues, you expose him. This is what Paul would do. Remember, God also punished those who permitted wrongdoings.

Shalom

4 Likes

Re: In Defence Of Tithes by nep2ra(m): 12:59pm On May 22, 2013
JesusisLord85: Only the Levite Priest (i.e. the sons of Aaron) were permitted (among other things) to collect tithes. Is your pastor a Son of Aaron?
Secondly, tithes were ALWAYS produce, and NOT money. And let em tell you, they had money in those days. Abraham bought the field with money. All men were required to contribute a fixed amount to upkeep of temple, and THAT too was money. The 'tithe' was not.

However, it is good to give. 10% is nothing. Give an offering to the Lord. And please, stop calling it your 'seed'. Give with a cheerful heart and expect nothing in return. had God not done enough for you already. The reason your pastors in Nigeria continue to con you is because you claim to be Christians, and yet, very few of you have read the whole bible. You ought to be like scribes. "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" 2 Timothy 2:15

Read and let no man decieve you. If your preacher is a false teacher, you would know it because you know the word. And if he is indeed, you must warn him. If he continues, you expose him. This is what Paul would do. Remember, God also punished those who permitted wrongdoings.

Shalom

Thanks for your honest contribution.
Re: In Defence Of Tithes by DrummaBoy(m): 2:00pm On May 22, 2013
In TITHING: LOW REALM,OBSOLETE AND DEFUNCT, Matthew E. Narramore, made some statement worth qouting
see http://www.tekoapublishing.com/books/tithing/index.html

People don't think that the doctrine of tithing is a message of righteousness by works. But if all of God's redemption, protection, and blessing depend on tithing, then what good is the righteousness we have been given as a free gift? They don't mean to say it but the righteousness they leave us with isn't good for anything by itself. So it isn't righteousness at all.
If failure to tithe makes me a God-robber, then my righteousness depends on tithing. If failure to write out the first check on pay day to the local church causes me to lose the favor of God on my life, then my righteousness must depend on doing that. If tithing is what redeems the remaining 90 percent of my paycheck, then the blood of Jesus did not redeem it. If a curse is going to come upon me for not tithing, then Christ has not redeemed me from the curse of the Law.
- Chapter 8

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Tithes by DrummaBoy(m): 2:05pm On May 22, 2013
Matthew Nerramore's biggest argument against the tithe came from his discuss on Paul teachings. Here is the whole of Chapter 9 on RIGHTEOUSNESS

If you have trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ and have called upon him for salvation, receiving him into your heart and life as Lord and Savior, then you are righteous. Your righteousness is more than just being forgiven of your sins. It is more than just being considered by God as someone who has never done anything wrong. You have the righteousness of someone who has also done everything right, someone who has done all of God's will, has kept all of his law, and has done it all to perfection. That is the righteousness of Christ, that is his perfect standing with the Father, and that is what you have through faith in him. Jesus' relationship to the Father is the definition of righteousness. There is no other kind. That is what you have and you have it now.

Your righteousness was a free gift from God. It was freely given without reservation. It was given by grace alone without any works or deeds on your part whatsoever. It was paid for by the shed blood of Jesus. You received it by faith. It is perfect righteousness. It is the right standing that Jesus Christ has with the Father. It causes the Father to treat you the same as Jesus. It includes all the benefits and privileges of Jesus' relationship to the Father. If it didn't it wouldn't be his righteousness. You have the privilege of accepting it or rejecting it but you do not have the privilege of changing any of its terms or features.

Your righteousness is more than a legal declaration. It is real. It has substance. The message of Paul's epistles is that we have been made to be the actual righteousness of God through Jesus Christ.

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. (2 Cor. 5:21)
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. (Eph. 4:24)
That is the mystery of the gospel, how a man with a sinful nature can be spiritually reborn with the righteous nature of Jesus Christ. It is the story of identification and substitution. Jesus identified with us by first becoming a man and then by bearing our sin, our separation from God, and our curse in order to redeem us. He died a substitutionary death on the cross. He was there in our place.

Jesus was made alive and raised up from the realm of death and eternal judgement when our redemption had been accomplished. He was restored again to perfect standing with the Father, seated at his right hand. Salvation is an exchange. Our old identity and spiritual nature are crucified and put to death with Christ on the cross and we receive his resurrection nature and identity in exchange. By that we also receive his relationship to the Father.

Jesus revealed the mystery to Paul the apostle and inspired him to write it in his epistles. By the power of the Holy Spirit we can understand it and walk in it.

But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: (1 Cor. 2:7)
How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) (Eph. 3:3, 4)
The mystery begins with our spiritual union with Jesus Christ.

For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. …This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. (Eph. 5:30, 32)
Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: …which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: (Col. 1:26, 27)
Everything that Jesus did at the cross was for us. His death, burial, and resurrection was an eternal event that was accomplished in the spirit realm, free from the limits of time and space. By the work of the Holy Spirit, any man who calls upon the Lord Jesus is supernaturally included with him in that event so that he may receive the results of what God was doing there for all mankind.

We are spiritually immersed into the being of Christ by the Holy Spirit. That is the meaning of baptism. Water baptism is an outward demonstration of what happens in the spiritual realm when a person is placed into Christ.

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, …and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. (1 Cor. 12:13)
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. (Gal. 3:27)
But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit. (1 Cor. 6:17)
Our spiritual union with Christ began at the cross. It was there that he made the ultimate identification with us in our sin.

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? (Rom. 6:3)
In every subsequent step of the redemptive process, we were included with Christ through the spiritual mystery of our union with him. We received the transforming effects of everything that God was doing in Christ as our substitute. Paul records each aspect as it was revealed to him by Jesus: crucifixion, death, burial, being made alive, being raised up, and being seated at the Father's right hand.

Crucified with Christ
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. (Rom. 6:6)
I am crucified with Christ: (Gal. 2:20a)
But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. (Gal. 6:14)
Dead with Christ
For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: (2 Cor. 5:14)
Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: (Rom. 6:cool
Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ (Col. 2:20a)
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. (Col. 3:3)
It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: (2 Tim. 2:11)
Buried with Christ
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. (Rom. 6:4)
For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: (Rom 6:5)
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. (Col. 2:12)
Made alive with Christ
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink (Eph 2:5)
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; (Col. 2:13)
Raised with Christ
And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: (Eph. 2:6)
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. (Col. 2:12)
If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. (Col. 3:1)
Seated with Christ
And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,…And you…(Eph 1:19, 20; 2:1a)
And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: (Eph. 2:6)
Our spiritual union with Christ and participation with him in every step of his redemptive work is the mystery behind Jesus' statement that we must be born again. Our spirits are re-created and reborn through the process of being made alive with Christ in his resurrection. We are not just covered with a robe of righteousness or merely considered to be righteous. We have been re-created with a righteous new nature and reborn into a new spiritual realm and relationship with God.

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. (2 Cor. 5:17)
For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. (Gal. 6:15)
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus… (Eph. 2:10a)
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. (Eph. 4:24)
Knowing that you have that kind of righteousness, that you are accepted and approved by God and his favor is upon you the same as it is upon Jesus, will affect your life in ways that are beyond comprehension.

What does all this have to do with tithing? The righteous, new-creation man in Christ is a different kind of person than ever existed before the resurrection. He lives in a new spiritual realm with a different relationship to God than anyone had before. He walks with God from the new perspective of spiritual union with Christ. The finished work of Christ is the foundation for everything he thinks and does. He lives and moves and has his being in Christ. He relates to everything from the position of being seated with Christ at God's right hand. No other person in the Bible is an accurate example of how the new-creation man in Christ should live and walk with God. The only true example is the resurrected Lord Jesus Christ and tithing is not part of his life, enthroned on high.

Salvation Is More Than Forgiveness
Salvation has not been understood for what it really is. That's why Christians think God's blessing and provision depend on tithing. They think salvation only includes our forgiveness and eternal destiny in heaven—that God's blessing, grace, and provision, for this present life, are based on things we do. That misunderstanding comes from an Old Covenant mentality. It isn't consistent with our new life in Christ and our relationship to God as sons.

Salvation is everything that God accomplished for our benefit on the cross. It includes everything we will ever receive from God, both now and in eternity. There is no blessing, grace, or provision that wasn't totally paid for at the cross. God has already given it all to us in Christ and we receive it all by faith.

God's work of salvation did not originate in the rational mind of man. No human mind could ever conceive something so wonderful. No reasonable person would dare ask God for the kind of grace that he extended to us through Christ. He gave us everything there was to give and there is nothing left to gain by tithing.

All of God's provision for this life as well as the life to come is only offered on his terms: pure grace through faith. He doesn't give us the option of creating our own hybrid doctrines of grace and works. He won't accommodate our religious systems, even if they are based on the story of someone in the Bible. We are now in the New Covenant and God has no pleasure in doctrines that seek to add to the finished work of Christ. He is pleased by faith that accepts his gift of righteousness and ceases from all personal efforts to achieve it.

The doctrine of tithing dilutes the message of perfect righteousness and complete salvation by free grace alone. It diminishes the goodness of God that has abundantly provided everything we need as a totally free gift with no requirement except faith. God has elevated our relationship with him to a place of honor such that we can now have the joy of living and doing everything from pure motives of love and gratitude, untainted by obligation, self-interest, or fear.

The doctrine of tithing also opens the door to our unseen spiritual enemy, Satan, who constantly seeks for an opportunity to work against us. Any church doctrine that diminishes the finished work of Christ on the cross, in any way, will be exploited by the devil to his greatest possible advantage. God's grace comes through faith. Putting just a little attention on our works is enough to stop it. That is why it only takes one wrong doctrine to nullify the power of Christ's resurrection. Galatians 5:9 says, “A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.”

Grace and Works Don't Mix
The Bible is emphatic that righteousness by grace cannot be mixed with righteousness by works. They are mutually exclusive. Each one must be all-or-nothing.

And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. (Rom. 11:6)
In Romans 4 Paul makes it clear that Abraham's righteousness and his receiving of God's promise were based on faith and were a demonstration of God's pure grace, without any works on Abraham's part whatsoever. God's blessing on Abraham had nothing to do with tithing.

For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom. 4:2”5)
All of God's promises to us today are obtained by faith through grace.

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all. (Rom. 4:16)
The book of Romans belabors the point that we are now righteous, that it is all through the work of Christ on the cross, and that it is a free gift. It leaves no room for the idea that tithing could be a requirement for receiving anything that God has provided through Jesus Christ. Romans 8:32 emphasizes the point that everything we receive from God is a free gift:

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
Not only did God give his own son for us, he freely gave us every other thing that he had to give. He wasn't looking for anything from us but faith. God delights in faith. Faith pleases him in a way the natural mind cannot comprehend.

Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. (Heb. 10:38)
Faith is the key to everything we receive from God. And since everything we receive from him is by grace, it is no surprise that even our faith is a gift to us from God.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: (Eph. 2:cool
The doctrine of tithing cannot be held by people without affecting their whole understanding of life in Christ. It colors their view of every individual subject, such as righteousness, grace, salvation, and blessing. It distorts the message of the finished work of Christ. It neutralizes the power of the New Covenant. It detracts from the glory of being a son of God in Christ, seated with him at the Father's right hand, and reigning in life. It diminishes God's goodness, it is a hindrance to his working, and it is inferior to the relationship that he expects to have with his sons.

The Father has given everything to the Son, Jesus, withholding nothing. The entire universe, every natural and spiritual dimension, now belongs to Christ and together with him we were made joint heirs of it all. There is nothing left to gain by tithing. All that remains for us is to lay aside the old low-realm mentalities of life and to grow up into full stature in Christ and begin to live like mature sons of God.
Re: In Defence Of Tithes by Rhymeyjohn: 2:01pm On Jul 11, 2013
those of you quoting lengthy epistles and twisting scriptures to suit your fleshly inate dentencies have issues you need to settle with God. Behind every dogma/doctrine is an underlying principle. A TRUE CHRISTIAN gives his tithes out of utmost gratitude to God. thats the principle, giving all. Those supporting the idea that tithes is gone away with the law, ever since you stopped tithing, have you EVER given up to 10 percent of your monthly earning to Gods purpose That would show the hypocrisy of those who say give, but dont tithe
Re: In Defence Of Tithes by DrummaBoy(m): 5:41pm On Jul 11, 2013
Rhymeyjohn: those of you quoting lengthy epistles and twisting scriptures to suit your fleshly inate dentencies have issues you need to settle with God. Behind every dogma/doctrine is an underlying principle. A TRUE CHRISTIAN gives his tithes out of utmost gratitude to God. thats the principle, giving all. Those supporting the idea that tithes is gone away with the law, ever since you stopped tithing, have you EVER given up to 10 percent of your monthly earning to Gods purpose That would show the hypocrisy of those who say give, but dont tithe

When you write your own epistles and quote your scriptures, you do not think those are lengthy, neither do you see yourself twisting scriptures but let permit you here. I want to assume that you are not used to people putting down your most treasured tradition in your local assembly as it is done here at nairaland. But let me try to rehearse what I quoted from Mr Nerramore's online book in probably a succinct format for those who care to learn a thing or two.

The concept of tithing actually negates the gospel of the grace of God, introduced by Jesus in his coming but brought to life by the teaching, writings and preaching of Paul the apostle. I would not go into much details of how this is, as Mr Nerramore has done justice to that, I only wish to bring it down home to practical terms.

Tithing, like I said does a lot of injustice to the gospel of Jesus, because it seems to re enact everything Jesus died to obliterate. For example, with a change of priesthood also came the change of law. The priesthood that changed from Aaron's to Jesus, necessitated a change from the Mosaic law (law of sin and death) to the law of liberty (law of Spirit of Life). What sustained the Aaronic priesthood was the tithe (and that is the whole message of Malachi that you qouted in your OP) but now that that priesthood is done away with, to continue to pay tithe is to try to sustain something God has killed. What will happen is that men will put in place of Aaron another kind of priesthood. This is what we see in the enactment of the league of men of God that is prevalent in our nation, Nigeria.

Tithing also shifts focus from the doctrine of grace. This doctrine tries to show the believer that salvation is free. Sanctification is free. His future glorification is free. We cannot work to earn any of them. Now, the message of the OT was a message of works and rewards. The message of the NT is Christ earning God's reward for us because of What HE did and not for what we can do. Our response in holiness and Christian service or works is not to earn God's blessing but the out working of His Spirit in our lives. We are new creatures and the newness of our nature demands a new way of living. Not to earn blessing or favor from God, but in response to his manifold grace. This message is blurred when Christians are told to tithe to earn God's blessings and favor, and worst still some extend it to the point that we must tithe to be saved. This is what some call confusing grace with the law.

Tithing is a most treasured tradition in our churches because it oils the wheels of ministry and recently, one scripture comes to my mind on why tithing is greatly resisted in our churches:

Act 16:17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.

Act 16:18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

Act 16:19 And when her masters saw that the hope of their gains was gone, they caught Paul and Silas, and drew [them] into the marketplace unto the rulers,

Act 16:20 And brought them to the magistrates, saying, These men, being Jews, do exceedingly trouble our city,

The reason not-tithing is opposed in our churches is because it would take away the hope of these pastor's gain. It is as simple as that. If they deny this, they should tell us if they can run ministry without depending on tithes.

Now let me address an issue you mentioned: and that is that those of us who say we don't tithe, do we give up to 10% of our income? I don't know of others, but for me, I will be truthful, I don't... for now. But that is easy to explain because the doctrine of grace allows for growth: "growing in the grace of giving"; so rather than starting and remaining with 10%, I trust God to grow in my giving and then I cannot glory in how much I give as many tither tend to do.

I would stop here for now
Re: In Defence Of Tithes by Rhymeyjohn: 3:44pm On Jul 20, 2013
Thanks for your sincerity,i would not continue to pull issues with you. Spend time in prayer and ask God to show you his way. but consider this; "For i say unto you,that except your (drummaboy) righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and pharisees , ye (drummaboy) shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven matt5:20. Thats instructive. check the pharisees' righteousness. Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a pharisee and the other a publican. The pharisee stood and prayed thus ........... i fast twice in a week, i give tithes of all that i posses LK 18:10-12. Brother, you dont neeed any special grace to give 10% of your earning to God,your love for God would show in your giving. if a graceless pharisee would do, how much more you and you call your self a christian?!
Re: In Defence Of Tithes by DrummaBoy(m): 6:03pm On Jul 20, 2013
^The righteousness that exceeds that of the pharisee is the righteousness of God, Romans 1:16;17, that can only be obtained by faith in Jesus Christ.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
Rom 1:17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith."

Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
Rom 3:22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all [fn] who believe. For there is no difference
;

Rom 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.

Your problem, and those of all other tithe paying faithfuls is that you cannot see righteousness beyond what men do. Read Romans 3:21-31, there is a righteousness from God that doesn't come by what U do but by FAITH. Any other work that is acceptable to God is founded on that righteousness.

You are the one ignorant of the righteousness of God and is going about to establish ur own righteousness by what U do, Romans 10.

Rom 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God.
Rom 10:4 For Christ [is] the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

So, my dear, my conviction on tithing came via diligent study of scripture and prayer. I was thus led to stop tithing.

However, there is no compulsion on my part. If ur limited understanding of supporting God's work is 10%, fine. But I would forever resist every tendency to compulsion and witchcraft, that is common with tithe advocate.

Read Nerramore's work again: TITHING IS NOT A NEW TESTAMENT INJUNCTION ON GENTLES LIKE US.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: In Defence Of Tithes by Goshen360(m): 6:29pm On Jul 20, 2013
DrummaBoy: ^The righteousness that exceeds that of the pharisee is the righteousness of God, Romans 1:16;17, that can only be obtained by faith in Jesus Christ.

Your problem, and those of all other tithe paying faithfuls is that you cannot see righteousness beyond what men do. Read Romans 3:21-31, there is a righteousness from God that doesn't come by what U do but by FAITH. Any other work that is acceptable to God is founded on that righteousness.

You are the one ignorant of the righteousness of God and is going about to establish ur own righteousness by what U do, Romans 10.

In fact and truth, just because of this your responses above, I just can't hold it no more than to login and give you 10000000000 LIKES. You see my brother, many Christians don't know how to rightly divide the word. They don't also know Jesus being born under the law had to 'code' the message of the NT so he can then 'reveal' it to the Apostles. Paul would say, 'mysteries REVEALED unto me...'. If it's not coded, what is there to reveal.

I feel ashamed somethings that in this age and time where bible and technology abound, many are still ignorant of rightly dividing the word. I have many teachings for God's on interpreting all what Christ said 'under the law' to the people of God but am tied up with no enough time for me considering work and other activities. For instance, Jesus said, 'you must be born again' under the law but the question is HOW? NOT what being born again is or is not. It therefore the epistles that tells you the HOW to be born again which was coded under the law. The law is a shade and shadow and many walk therein and they stumble at the truth.

The righteousness of Christ by faith is a product of the finished work of the cross and it revealed in Christ AFTER HIS DEATH AND RESURRECTION and there EXCEEDS THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF THE SCRIBES AND PHARISEES....which some still think a Christian had to follow.

Thank God for you bro.

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Tithes by DrummaBoy(m): 7:58pm On Jul 20, 2013
Goshen360:

In fact and truth, just because of this your responses above, I just can't hold it no more than to login and give you 10000000000 LIKES. You see my brother, many Christians don't know how to rightly divide the word. They don't also know Jesus being born under the law had to 'code' the message of the NT so he can then 'reveal' it to the Apostles. Paul would say, 'mysteries REVEALED unto me...'. If it's not coded, what is there to reveal.

I feel ashamed somethings that in this age and time where bible and technology abound, many are still ignorant of rightly dividing the word. I have many teachings for God's on interpreting all what Christ said 'under the law' to the people of God but am tied up with no enough time for me considering work and other activities. For instance, Jesus said, 'you must be born again' under the law but the question is HOW? NOT what being born again is or is not. It therefore the epistles that tells you the HOW to be born again which was coded under the law. The law is a shade and shadow and many walk therein and they stumble at the truth.

The righteousness of Christ by faith is a product of the finished work of the cross and it revealed in Christ AFTER HIS DEATH AND RESURRECTION and there EXCEEDS THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF THE SCRIBES AND PHARISEES....which some still think a Christian had to follow.

Thank God for you bro.

Thank you Goshen. You guys are the masters in this matter but it is important we point it out to the OP as it is obvious he is fledgling in this tithe discusses.
Re: In Defence Of Tithes by Rhymeyjohn: 4:52pm On Oct 17, 2013
DrummaBoy:

Now let me address an issue you mentioned: and that is that those of us who say we don't tithe, do we give up to 10% of our income? I don't know of others, but for me, I will be truthful, I don't... for now.
I would stop here for now
the hypocrisy of the anti tither

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dress Code At A Particular Church Camp Ground / Evolution Professor Converts To Christianity After Being Challenged By A Student / Secret Of Why Christains Should Not Use The Niv Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.