Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Dress Code At A Particular Church Camp Ground - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dress Code At A Particular Church Camp Ground (2022 Views)

What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? / Must One Worship At A Particular Church? / I Want A Church Camp Where I Can Stay To Seek The Face Of God For A Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dress Code At A Particular Church Camp Ground by opeyemiolu(f): 9:33am On Dec 03, 2014
I was at a particular church camp ground where a branch of a bank am auditing is situated. I was properly dressed in a pant trouser and office top. I didnot go with my car so I had to join public transport and subsequently, Okada. I got to the gate to go in only to be told by the security personnel that I can't go in because I am wearing a trouser. I was surprised because I have never heard of such before in my life. I told them, I am coming from the office and going for an official assignment in a bank branch within the camp and I was not inform of any such dress code previously. They said the only solution is for me to go back and change to a skirt, wrapper or dress. Alternatively I could call someone from the office am going to bring a car to come and pick me at the gate. I opted for the second option.

I am a size 16 and I feel better cover up in a trouser. Wearing a dress or skirt, I appear more scandalous. Bottomline, I was told if it was during a programme at the camp, that nobody will stop me. I was already tired of religion and this incident just put end to any little faith I have. Hypocrisy everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Dress Code At A Particular Church Camp Ground by opeyemiolu(f): 9:38am On Dec 03, 2014
I was typing while waiting for the car coming to pick me. Please pardon an typo. Let me add, it was one NSCDC guy that took his time to calmly explain the situation to me and gave me the options I have. The church security personnel came and was shouting and bragging and trying to make me feel bad but I kept my cool. It is unfortunate that is what Christianity has been reduced to.
Re: Dress Code At A Particular Church Camp Ground by nora544: 9:46am On Dec 03, 2014
opeyemiolu:
I was at a particular church camp ground where a branch of a bank am auditing is situated. I was properly dressed in a pant trouser and office top. I didnot go with my car so I had to join public transport and subsequently, Okada. I got to the gate to go in only to be told by the security personnel that I can't go in because I am wearing a trouser. I was surprised because I have never heard of such before in my life. I told them, I am coming from the office and going for an official assignment in a bank branch within the camp and I was not inform of any such dress code previously. They said the only solution is for me to go back and change to a skirt, wrapper or dress. Alternatively I could call someone from the office am going to bring a car to come and pick me at the gate. I opted for the second option.

I am a size 16 and I feel better cover up in a trouser. Wearing a dress or skirt, I appear more scandalous. Bottomline, I was told if it was during a programme at the camp, that nobody will stop me. I was already tired of religion and this incident just put end to any little faith I have. Hypocrisy everywhere.

Please write the name of the church because that is not okay and nigerian pastors make what they want and I live here in europa and I hear never that it is not allowed to wear trousers to church, we wear trousers when it is could or warm because it is more comfortable.

christians from nigeria wake up leave this fake man of god. because this is not christian.
Re: Dress Code At A Particular Church Camp Ground by italo: 10:16am On Dec 03, 2014
opeyemiolu:

If it is their rules that you wear skirt and you wish to be a part of them, why not obey their rules? Did they force you to come there?

In your office, did you challenge the dress code and walk out on the job?

Look inwards, the worse hypocrite might be you.

*not that I support or oppose the rules of that church*

5 Likes

Re: Dress Code At A Particular Church Camp Ground by italo: 10:18am On Dec 03, 2014
nora544:

Please write the name of the church because that is not okay and nigerian pastors make what they want and I live here in europa and I hear never that it is not allowed to wear trousers to church, we wear trousers when it is could or warm because it is more comfortable.

christians from nigeria wake up leave this fake man of god. because this is not christian.

So a church company in Nigeria must copy Europe abi?

1 Like

Re: Dress Code At A Particular Church Camp Ground by babestell(f): 11:45am On Dec 03, 2014
italo:

If it is their rules that you wear skirt and you wish to be a part of them, why not obey their rules? Did they force you to come there?

In your office, did you challenge the dress code and walk out on the job?

Look inwards, the worse hypocrite might be you.

*not that I support or oppose the rules of that church*

Actually she was visiting a bank on the premises of the church camp. Not going to attend their services

@ opeyemiolu:I totally feel you and am proud you kept your cool. Sometimes overzealous church members take laws into their hands and go beyond what they are asked to do. its quite obvious that they were up to no good. If the church was that serious about their law, you shouldn't even be allowed to drive in. Weldone on keeping your cool

1 Like

Re: Dress Code At A Particular Church Camp Ground by vooks: 3:16pm On Dec 03, 2014
Naija brand of Christianity is in its own league
Re: Dress Code At A Particular Church Camp Ground by opeyemiolu(f): 3:44pm On Dec 03, 2014
babestell:

Actually she was visiting a bank on the premises of the church camp. Not going to attend their services

@ opeyemiolu:I totally feel you and am proud you kept your cool. Sometimes overzealous church members take laws into their hands and go beyond what they are asked to do. its quite obvious that they were up to no good. If the church was that serious about their law, you shouldn't even be allowed to drive in. Weldone on keeping your cool
that was my point exactly. If they are serious about this dresscode, why allow people to wear it and drive in or allow it during church program. Whatever harm they feel it can cause can still be caused when they get to wherever they are going to. Trust me my people, I know provocative dressing when I see one. Mine was very decent and my only offence was being fat and having a big bottom. If you see me where skirt or dress, it is usually worse. Try visualising Toolz kind of figure.
Re: Dress Code At A Particular Church Camp Ground by italo: 4:46pm On Dec 03, 2014
babestell:

Ah! Opeyemiolu, sorry o. I just dey rush without reading properly.

We have fanatics everywhere.

Don't be surprised to find out the "church" leadership didn't ask them to do what they did (the way they did it).

It happens everywhere. If I come to your work place and the security men are rude and inconsiderate, the natural thing is to want to take it out on the organization...but one should be able to consider that what happened might not be encouraged by the organization.

Likewise, I wouldn't consider what happened as an ndictment on religion as a whole.

I'm sure you do wrong things too...so don't judge too harshly.

Apologies.

2 Likes

Re: Dress Code At A Particular Church Camp Ground by lastmessenger: 10:01am On Dec 04, 2014
In Nigeria we are too religious and yet evil is everywhere.
Re: Dress Code At A Particular Church Camp Ground by italo: 10:08am On Dec 04, 2014
lastmessenger:
In Nigeria we are too religious and yet evil is everywhere.

Are we really religious?

I think we are too hypocritical. Most of us dont adhere to any religion's teaching.

We just go around seeking what we can get from God... and using as a show off of identity.

1 Like

Re: Dress Code At A Particular Church Camp Ground by Micuilles: 5:15pm On Dec 04, 2014
opeyemiolu:
that was my point exactly. If they are serious about this dresscode, why allow people to wear it and drive in or allow it during church program. Whatever harm they feel it can cause can still be caused when they get to wherever they are going to. Trust me my people, I know provocative dressing when I see one. Mine was very decent and my only offence was being fat and having a big bottom. If you see me where skirt or dress, it is usually worse. Try visualising Toolz kind of figure.

Kindly inbox me your number. I will like to see that figure LIVE!!! wink
Re: Dress Code At A Particular Church Camp Ground by tpiah2: 5:16pm On Dec 04, 2014
the info is for the males i think.

your moniker says female.

the males sef did not even seem to take the bait.

would have commented on the thread yesterday but i didnt want the op to say i'm blocking her game. Abi is it gingering her swagga.
Re: Dress Code At A Particular Church Camp Ground by Micuilles: 5:18pm On Dec 04, 2014
There must be some mx up some where dear. I'm very MALE!! Watch it change ASAP.
Re: Dress Code At A Particular Church Camp Ground by Micuilles: 5:24pm On Dec 04, 2014
How about now??
Re: Dress Code At A Particular Church Camp Ground by tpiah2: 5:29pm On Dec 04, 2014
nothing there.
Re: Dress Code At A Particular Church Camp Ground by asalimpo(m): 7:51pm On Dec 04, 2014
opeyemiolu:

are you tired of God too?
Re: Dress Code At A Particular Church Camp Ground by opeyemiolu(f): 4:30pm On Dec 10, 2014
Micuilles:

Kindly inbox me your number. I will like to see that figure LIVE!!! wink
I just saw your comment. why I added my figure thing is for you to know that it almost impossible for me to dress corporate without looking a bit scandalous. That was why I said my offence was been fat. btw I am married with kids.
Re: Dress Code At A Particular Church Camp Ground by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 14, 2014
opeyemiolu:

I just saw your comment. why I added my figure thing is for you to know that it almost impossible for me to dress corporate without looking a bit scandalous. That was why I said my offence was been fat. btw I am married with kids.
aww. Game over.
P. S. It's really heartwarming to see a fine atheist sister. Didn't think they made em like you anymore wink

(1) (Reply)

Reply To TB Joshua's Return Of Tithe. / 1st Miracle Of Prophet Jesus Peace Be Upon Him / Drag Them To Court {water OF Manna/revival Service} - Dr. D.K Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.