Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? (1719 Views)

What Has Nairaland Taught You? / Has Nairaland Impacted Your Life In Any Way? / What Has Nairaland Taught You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by oilyngbati1: 3:01am On May 19, 2013
Nairaland (political section in particular) use to be a place where smart folks from opposing aisle draw "swords" and do some intellectual battle. Some of the popular posters I disagree with, but I don't mind reading their opinion/views on burning issues that has to do with Nigeria. My question is simple? Where are the top posters of the following regions:

SW/Yoruba top posters: Katsumoto, ekt bear, shangotor, knowall, kilode, Bkbabe69/Bkbabe96?

North: ndu_chucks, nagoma, northsharp, joskid/jos_boy?

SE/Igbo top posters: Face, Onlytruth, Mr Globe, Arsexy, Ezeuche, Udueze, 9ja_Ihail, pointB, Houvest, Eziachi, Dede1, kettykings and above all Mekusxxx/Mekuslogan?

Without these above mentioned posters, I may consider leaving NL for good.

SS/Niger delta: Although these phenomena are not ethnic groupings, but one particular dude from this area struck my attention and he's no other than Beaf from Isoko and physics QED from Edo Where are these bright young men?
Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by Nobody: 3:25am On May 19, 2013
Yeah it is on the fast track of moribund! With all their stringent rules and trying 2 contour d forum into a religious caliphate, with d mods not taking a crucial look n listening ears n eyes into the very want of forumites, what do u expect?. I wish demm well on this path they are trying to trail and only hope they don't get to regret it.
Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by automaticcarzz: 3:36am On May 19, 2013
This section is now a mess. It used to be vibrant with people of intelligence. But now, most of the contributors are spare part sellers posting information with their Chinese phones from their shops that also serve as their room/home.
Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by seunfly: 4:07am On May 19, 2013
What do u expect when the section has been taken over by paid political agents.
Every thing here is all propaganda 4rm both sides and it seems like the mods have intrest in their threads because no matter how bad d thread is, mod will allow it to survive while they relegate sensible thread just because it is not 4rm paid agent.

5 Likes

Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by Obiagu1(m): 4:33am On May 19, 2013
I wonder why you should complain when the gang of 10 from the SW were trying to track down Beaf in real life and kill him. Only God knows the amount of threat he received.
EzeUche was witch-hunter by men from the West.
OnlyTruth was banned.
BkBabe96 was arrested at the Mexico border with 5kg of white powder.
Katsumoto is always on the prowl for Ojukwu/Biafra thread. He is very much around but Biafra threads don't sell anymore.
ekt_bear was hunted down by his own people.
Ndu_Chucks got what he wanted, his nemesis OnlyTruth is no more around.
Mekusxx was hunted down by the gang from the West together with their Moderator corroborator.
shangotor gave up after trying to forge a united South with the likes of eko_ile telling him he is a fool.
physics QED has exhausted his history knowledge, probably reading up more for a come back.

The remaining men from the East received countless bans from the Mods while the likes of DayoKanu and Negro roamed freely with their 50 moniker arsenal. (Men from the East got class cool)

2 Likes

Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by vallycan: 4:47am On May 19, 2013
There've all gone berserk in exile and barnish by nairaland for claimin naira(land's)land an naira(notes)lolz........ grin
Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by Nobody: 4:55am On May 19, 2013
Obiagu1: I wonder why you should complain when the gang of 10 from the SW were trying to track down Beaf in real life and kill him. Only God knows the amount of threat he received.
EzeUche was witch-hunter by men from the West.
OnlyTruth was banned.
BkBabe96 was arrested at the Mexico border with 5kg of white powder.
Katsumoto is always on the prowl for Ojukwu/Biafra thread. He is very much around but Biafra threads don't sell anymore.
ekt_bear was hunted down by his own people.
Ndu_Chucks got what he wanted, his nemesis OnlyTruth is no more around.
Mekusxx was hunted down by the gang from the West together with their Moderator corroborator.
shangotor gave up after trying to forge a united South with the likes of eko_ile telling him he is a fool.
physics QED has exhausted his history knowledge, probably reading up more for a come back.

The remaining men from the East received countless bans from the Mods while the likes of DayoKanu and Negro roamed freely with their 50 moniker arsenal. (Men from the East got class cool)

You definitely don't know ekt_bear. He's more pro-Yoruba than 99.999% of all the Yoruba bigots on nl. If he could have his way, he would take Yoruba's out of Nigeria tomorrow morning. That's how passionate he's about his people. I don't think anyone from the west can hunt him down - he's probably just bored of the darn forum and the redundant stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by Obiagu1(m): 5:04am On May 19, 2013
shymexx:

You definitely don't know ekt_bear. He's more pro-Yoruba than 99.999% of all the Yoruba bigots on nl. If he could have his way, he would take Yoruba's out of Nigeria tomorrow morning. That's how passionate he's about his people. I don't think anyone from the west can hunt him down - he's probably just bored of the darn forum and the redundant stupidity.

Ask him about fstranger
Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by Nobody: 5:10am On May 19, 2013
Obiagu1:

Ask him about fstranger

I know the troll, but the guy's funny, though.

Everyone gets bored with time. I remember I used to be addicted to posting on bossip.com, theroot.com, thegrio.com, huffingtonpost.com etc. from like 09-11. But I rarely go on those blogs anymore.

Anyway, he's still very much around but he just stopped posting. The same goes for kats.
Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by Nobody: 5:10am On May 19, 2013
Yeah you guys finally killed it.

Every full moon someone's always starting up threads like this, lol.
Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by Obiagu1(m): 5:12am On May 19, 2013
List of people that ruined Politics Section:

DayoKanu: Zero discussion, countless repetitions, endless children photos, turned politics section to a playground.
eko_ile/Aigbofa: Too much vile, was not banned like Easterners with same dose of foul mouth, so they left.
Alh. Harem: Metamorphoses into different tribes, inundated discussions with lies.
Moderators: Scheming to give the Westerners the upper hand, frustrated some guys and they left.

1 Like

Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by Nobody: 5:14am On May 19, 2013
This section is about to die finally with the arrival of sexkillz. Except more secondary school kids from the Romance Section to flood the section soon. grin

Anyway, I'll take my talents to JeSoul's(the sweetest girl in the world) section before I fvck off the darn forum for good. This forum reduces people's IQ. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by Obiagu1(m): 5:19am On May 19, 2013
^^^

Hope not, I think they will be back with the reduced insults going on here.
A major event will bring them back.

I hope Beaf comes back without all those attempts to track him down in real life.
Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by Nobody: 5:20am On May 19, 2013
The politics section has been on the decline, unlike when I joined last year. It became a shadow of itself when yorubas are allowed to post insulting thread without ban.
I was once banned for using the OP's name to describe a tribe in a thread they opened to denigrate mine.
The biggest calamity that has happened to the politics section is bringing Se.xkillz on board. Dude does not know politics and how it works & would water it down to a gossip section before he leaves.

3 Likes

Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by Gboliwe: 5:33am On May 19, 2013
I could swear Bkbabe is the same as Shymex and also fstranger. shocked

yes, nairaland has lost very fine members. What really happened to aisha2 the female moderator?
Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by Gboliwe: 5:42am On May 19, 2013
utumunta: The politics section has been on the decline, unlike when I joined last year. It became a shadow of itself when yorubas are allowed to post insulting thread without ban.
I was once banned for using the OP's name to describe a tribe in a thread they opened to denigrate mine.
The biggest calamity that has happened to the politics section is bringing Se.xkillz on board. Dude does not know politics and how it works & would water it down to a gossip section before he leaves.
according to you, Nl was fine when you came onboard last year. I have been on Nl since 2010 and that last year when you came on was the peak of its decline. It can never fall or be worse than what we experienced last year. We are re-routing back to glory and fame attributed to the forum. What you see sexkil do is what should be done. It is very necessary.
Hopefully, the forum would be totally restored and the kids, the bigots and noisemakers shut up
Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by Obiagu1(m): 5:51am On May 19, 2013
Gboliwe:
according to you, Nl was fine when you came onboard last year. I have been on Nl since 2010 and that last year when you came on was the peak of its decline. It can never fall or be worse than what we experienced last year. We are re-routing back to glory and fame attributed to the forum. What you see sexkil do is what should be done. It is very necessary.
Hopefully, the forum would be totally restored and the kids, the bigots and noisemakers shut up

Yeah right, very necessary but a bit too late. With the kind of people we had before and with enough control over languages used here, Politics Section would have been big.
Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by Gboliwe: 5:55am On May 19, 2013
Obiagu1:

Yeah right, very necessary but a bit too late. With the kind of people we had before and with enough control over languages used here, Politics Section would have been big.
it can only get better. Even you, you left for a while atleast you stopped posting. These days I see your activities. Its possible those fine posters are on break like you were.
Now that reminds me, where is Sagamite? Have not seen his posts too. Was he banned or taking a break too
Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by ba7man(m): 5:56am On May 19, 2013
When i started visiting NL last year, I was shocked at the kinds of posts and insults being exchanged in this forum. It was truely a mess *For a Sane person*. Its the reduction in ethnic bashing and bigotry that this poster is missing and i think you'll be doing this forum if you and people that think like you leave. Its actually calmer now in the political section and for the better.

1 Like

Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by Nobody: 6:57am On May 19, 2013
ba7man: When i started visiting NL last year, I was shocked at the kinds of posts and insults being exchanged in this forum. It was truely a mess *For a Sane person*. Its the reduction in ethnic bashing and bigotry that this poster is missing and i think you'll be doing this forum if you and people that think like you leave. Its actually calmer now in the political section and for the better.

I agree totally with you...things are getting calmer and I hope those good members that left temporarily will now find a reason to come back.
Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by MeAboki(m): 7:11am On May 19, 2013
seunfly: What do u expect when the section has been taking over by paid political agents.
Every thing here is all propaganda 4rm both sides and it seems like the mods have intrest in their threads because no matter how bad d thread is, mod will allow it to survive while they relegate sensible thread just because it is not 4rm paid agent.

Not just paid political agents but also an invading mindless marauding army of loutish bigots who have taken freedom of speech to literally mean freedom or licence to insult, abuse, lie and incite with impunity.
In consequence, the section has given way to a group of unruly internet area boys bereft of objectivity, reasoning and decorum; seemingly only driven by unbridle hate and intolerance which sadly appears to be increasingly appealing to the young and impressionable, who constitute the larger proportion of NL, thereby helping towards shaping and moulding attitudes and mindset of the leaders of our tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by Otutu1(m): 7:41am On May 19, 2013
More poeple joined #dazall tongue
Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by Nobody: 8:19am On May 19, 2013
They got bored. Time for new adventures
Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by Nobody: 9:13am On May 19, 2013
Typical Nigerians, always progressing in the reverse (ie their yesterday is always better than today). Smh
Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by ZACHIE: 10:12am On May 19, 2013
Oily+Yoruba

With a handle like this, you are not going to find like minds aplenty here anymore.
All your tribal brickbats are old school.
If tribal denigration is all you are for, please, ship out. We will not miss you one bit.
Tribal gladiators like you need to be banned for good
Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by Gbawe: 10:24am On May 19, 2013
oily+Yoruba:
Nairaland (political section in particular) use to be a place where smart folks from opposing aisle draw "swords" and do some intellectual battle. Some of the popular posters I disagree with, but I don't mind reading their opinion/views on burning issues that has to do with Nigeria. My question is simple? Where are the top posters of the following regions:

SW/Yoruba top posters: Katsumoto, ekt bear, shangotor, knowall, kilode, Bkbabe69/Bkbabe96?

North: ndu_chucks, nagoma, northsharp, joskid/jos_boy?

SE/Igbo top posters: Face, Onlytruth, Mr Globe, Arsexy, Ezeuche, Udueze, 9ja_Ihail, pointB, Houvest, Eziachi, Dede1, kettykings and above all Mekusxxx/Mekuslogan?

Without these above mentioned posters, I may consider leaving NL for good.

SS/Niger delta: Although these phenomena are not ethnic groupings, but one particular dude from this area struck my attention and he's no other than Beaf from Isoko and physics QED from Edo Where are these bright young men?

Only some, out of the names you mention, add value to this forum. The rest are trouble-makers, prejudiced and divisive elements not ever willing to live-and-let-live. What you really miss, from what your previous writing reveals and the characters you deify, is the enduring rancour of the past those Nairalanders ensured was an abiding and definitive identity of Nairaland. Why don't you try and move your personal focus and scope of discussion away from things that put you in conflict with others?

Even illustrative you took time to group posters according to their ethnic group and hamlet of origin rather than simply view them as nairalanders. You may have sprinkled a few decent names in there, but I think you just want your ethnic warlords back.
Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by PurpleHouse(m): 10:45am On May 19, 2013
Yeah! Nairaland should be renamed "Jambiteland" yeah, that's wat happened! Or call it, "LetsDateLand", yeah, coz Female kids and grown up Old Lustful Men now see NL as a Pick-Up zone for finding love...... You can also call it "I Fine Pass You Land" yeah, coz everyone now showing off their Black a****** and Bleached teeth..... Or should i call it "DikehLand or TontoLand" or maybe Pictureland, coz there's always a picture of Someone #Hot or Miss#, Someone possing on a Magazine half nude...... Hard to believe but, NL is retrogressing and i can Boldly now call it CelebrityLand or maybe SSCEland...... People with nothing meaningful to contribute, and can't even Research a good Write up to talk about!
nairaland is not lacking people, just that, so many young folks just discovered Nairaland, and thay just want to have fun..... But this is not Facebook, neither is it Twitter!
Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by lacasa: 11:34am On May 19, 2013
PurpleHouse: Yeah! Nairaland should be renamed "Jambiteland" yeah, that's wat happened! Or call it, "LetsDateLand", yeah, coz Female kids and grown up Old Lustful Men now see NL as a Pick-Up zone for finding love...... You can also call it "I Fine Pass You Land" yeah, coz everyone now showing off their Black a****** and Bleached teeth..... Or should i call it "DikehLand or TontoLand" or maybe Pictureland, coz there's always a picture of Someone #Hot or Miss#, Someone possing on a Magazine half nude...... Hard to believe but, NL is retrogressing and i can Boldly now call it CelebrityLand or maybe SSCEland...... People with nothing meaningful to contribute, and can't even Research a good Write up to talk about!
nairaland is not lacking people, just that, so many young folks just discovered Nairaland, and thay just want to have fun..... But this is not Facebook, neither is it Twitter!

grin
Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by lacasa: 11:37am On May 19, 2013
Me sef go leave soon.

#.. Datz all
Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by superbloke(m): 12:13pm On May 19, 2013
Gbawe:

Only some, out of the names you mention, add value to this forum. The rest are trouble-makers, prejudiced and divisive elements not ever willing to live-and-let-live. What you really miss, from what your previous writing reveals and the characters you deify, is the enduring rancour of the past those Nairalanders ensured was an abiding and definitive identity of Nairaland. Why don't you try and move your personal focus and scope of discussion away from things that put you in conflict with others?

Even illustrative you took time to group posters according to their ethnic group and hamlet of origin rather than simply view them as nairalanders. You may have sprinkled a few decent names in there, but I think you just want your ethnic warlords back.
My thoughts exactly. I laughed when i read the post and saw who the op was. @op, you're probably one of the reasons the valuable posters have taken a break.
Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by oilyngbati3(m): 8:39pm On May 19, 2013
Gbawe:

[b]Even illustrative you took time to group posters according to their ethnic group and hamlet of origin [/b]rather than simply view them as nairalanders. You may have sprinkled a few decent names in there, but I think you just want your ethnic warlords back.
And if I may ask; what is wrong with grouping folks according to their state of origin/ethnicity? Isn't that what nigeria is all about? Ain't you one of the biggest ethnic bigots on this dying site? You are a liar and will do/say anything possible to see that your folks ride back to power via the spent force called Buhari. Dude, I'm quite sure you're happy that most of the smart NLers have left, and you now think you have the monopoly of spreading your ACN/APC lies and propaganda Just be rest assured that come 2015, your plans will be dead on arrival.....2015 will be no different from 2011 cool.

1 Like

Re: Has Nairaland Lost Its Juice? by oilyngbati3(m): 8:43pm On May 19, 2013
ZACHIE: Oily+Yoruba

With a handle like this, you are not going to find like minds aplenty here anymore.
All your tribal brickbats are old school.
If tribal denigration is all you are for, please, ship out. We will not miss you one bit.
Tribal gladiators like you need to be banned for good
Talk about attacking the messenger, while ignoring the message itself...*SMH*

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Shave Like A Man / New N100 Note Released With PMB On It (photo) / Fairly Used And Good Working Gotv Decoder Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.