Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

What Has Nairaland Taught You? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Has Nairaland Taught You? (9999 Views)

What Has Nairaland Taught You Especially As It Approaches 10? / Has Nairaland Impacted Your Life In Any Way? / What Has Nairaland Taught You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Nairaland Taught You? by ChiSun27(m): 11:56am On Oct 17, 2013
What has NL taught you?

For me:
NL has taught me to always read my write-ups and post more than 3 times before clicking the submit button in order to avoid English critics.

Nairaland has also taught me to minimize the usage of chat abbreviations if you want your post to be read.

It has also made me believe that half of the girls here are virgins especially...
So what has NL taught you?

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Fynestboi: 12:01pm On Oct 17, 2013
The first one is so right... They dnt really want to knw the kind of phone u re using to type.. Smh

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Fynestboi: 12:08pm On Oct 17, 2013
ChiSun27: What has NL taught you?

For me:
NL has taught me to always read my write-ups and post more than 3 times before clicking the submit button in order to avoid English critics.
100% correct

.:
Nairaland has also taught me to minimize the usage of chat abbreviations if you want your post to be read.
2%wink

.:

It has also made me believe that half of the girls here are virgins especially...
speechless gringringrin

.:

So what has NL taught you?
to always apologize even when you are right to avoid E-ABUSING leadin to E-War tongue

3 Likes

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 17, 2013
@op, your first point. wink wink wink
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Richiez(m): 12:41pm On Oct 17, 2013
Nice Thread
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nosyke(m): 12:56pm On Oct 17, 2013

Nairaland has taught me to be very objective while reading. It has also taught me that there is a whole lot of acrimony between different ethnic groups and that we the youths have also towed that line by analysing issues of national importance based on how they affect us(tribes). It has also taught me that given the same kind of circumstances our leaders have, that we the youths will most likely do worse

When I moved on to stay on my own, I Visited the food section everyday to learn different recipes, I am not a chef now but i can cook for myself comfortably grin grin

Nairaland has always made me to access issues based on how they affect the price of garri grin

Infact, I visit nairaland every moment, its a great place to be........ Thanks Seun!!

8 Likes

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 17, 2013
Tolerance

3 Likes

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Youngsage: 2:00pm On Oct 17, 2013
Fynestboi: The first one is so right... They dnt really want to knw the kind of phone u re using to type.. Smh
And how does your type of phone influence grammatical blunders? That is not an excuse. For spelling errors/abbreviated posts, yes. But for grammatical errors, it's a no.

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Fynestboi: 2:06pm On Oct 17, 2013
Youngsage:
And how does your type of phone influence grammatical blunders? That is not an excuse. For spelling errors/abbreviated posts, yes. But for grammatical errors, it's a no.
how i wish you undastand what my point is, in a situatn where you have to type fast, and you post without any perusal... Just dnt dispute that gramatical error is bond to occur except if the length of the post is short...

Going by the type of phone, just try using this small nokia phone cant really recollect the model.. Then you undastand better...

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by jaryeh(m): 2:15pm On Oct 17, 2013
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 17, 2013
Nl..iyaf t0t me 2 spend m0st 0f my m0ney 0n recharge cards grin

2 Likes

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Chazzyboy: 2:45pm On Oct 17, 2013
I've learn alot in terms of relationship i hope to learn more
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Youngsage: 2:54pm On Oct 17, 2013
Fynestboi: how i wish you undastand what my point is, in a situatn where you have to type fast, and you post without any perusal... Just dnt dispute that gramatical error is bond to occur except if the length of the post is short...

Going by the type of phone, just try using this small nokia phone cant really recollect the model.. Then you undastand better...
lol i understood you perfectly!
My point was this, for example someone typing just one or two sentences, maybe like: "am wonder what could have cursed such a incidence?', and thereafter blames such errors on "type of phone!". It's a different thing entirely when you omit/interchange one or two letters from a word, probably because of typing fast on such a phone, without re-reading. Grammatical errors are not bound to occur. I've also typed quite long posts with small nokias like 2330, and I was mindful of my grammar as I typed, though in some cases like that I make use of 'shorthand' and I try to modify posts when such errors are noted. smiley
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Fynestboi: 2:58pm On Oct 17, 2013
Youngsage:
lol i understood you perfectly!
My point was this, for example someone typing just one or two sentences, maybe like: "am wonder what could have cursed such a incidence?', and thereafter blames such errors on "type of phone"! It is a different thing entirely when you omit/interchange one or two letters from a word, probably because of typing fast on such a phone, without re-reading. Grammatical errors are not bound to occur. I've also typed quite long posts with small nokias like 2330, and I was mindful of my grammar as I typed, though in some cases like that I make use of 'shorthand' and I try to modify posts when such errors are noted. smiley
your example is quite funny lmao...

Am not talking about such gramatical error haba... That one is totally out of it..... Lol.. Well all join sha...
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Youngsage: 3:03pm On Oct 17, 2013
Fynestboi: your example is quite funny lmao...

Am not talking about such gramatical error haba... Thats one is totally out of it..... Lol.. Well all join sha...
lolzz
grin tongue
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Fynestboi: 3:06pm On Oct 17, 2013
Youngsage:
lolzz
grin tongue
tongue
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by imperiouxx(m): 3:26pm On Oct 18, 2013
[size=15pt]Sense![/size]
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Fazhy: 3:26pm On Oct 18, 2013
[size=18pt] If not for nairaland, I would not have known how tribalistic the youths are. Almost every issue is discussed with great sentiments.[/size]

11 Likes

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by misterh(m): 3:26pm On Oct 18, 2013
NL has taught me not to jump into arguments aimlessly. And that not everyone will be on the same intellectual level with you.

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by ifyalways(f): 3:27pm On Oct 18, 2013
End time is near

2 Likes

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by seedord247(m): 3:27pm On Oct 18, 2013
So many Things...

Taught me how to use lotion... (sexuality section) wink

Taught me how to fake your personality to get gurls on NL (Romance Section) shocked

Taught me how to be famous on NL by Yabbing Igbo's (Politics Section) grin

Taught me how to read and write (Literature Section) kudos to Cuddlemmi tongue

Taught me how to be a celebrity blogger by creating a topic about Tonto Dike (Celebrity Section)

Taught me how toban members without being a MOD (Albino gay Section) grin

5 Likes

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 18, 2013
It taught me that i can be "Bossforeva" today and "Nobody" tommorow By Deactivating my Account.

2 Likes

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by AbuMikey(m): 3:28pm On Oct 18, 2013
I wrote this sometime around JULY 2013

For me,I have learnt a lot.The good,the
bad and the ugly...
Thus

I've learnt a lot from Nairaland,all thanks to :-
Yuzedo= You can be stupid but not everytime,be Serious when its always necessary.

Sexkillz= F.uck what haters say,and always be yourself.

Seun= You speak only when Necessary.

Idowuogbo= Insult Do what you want to do and f.uck what they say about your Razzness.

Nadia_SA= This Babe too like play cheesy.

Bin Gbagbo= Do what you wanna do when you deem it fit.

190 - Mr Cork - Tellwisdom - Toxelander = Madness could still get you fame.

Gbawe - Eko Ile - Jarus - Adaobi -CFCfan - Shollypoopz Wu Zeitan - Dygeasy - Omo_Barca - Popoowa cheesy - Afam - and every other active Nairalander!!!! cool

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Ruchidera(f): 3:29pm On Oct 18, 2013
A lot!
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Codedrock(m): 3:30pm On Oct 18, 2013
IF YOU BELIEVE NAIRALAND HAS TAUGHT YOU LOTS OF NONSENSE.., JUST LIKE THIS POST.

8 Likes

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Etumgbe(m): 3:30pm On Oct 18, 2013
I doubt whether I have learnt anything on nairaland
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 18, 2013
Taught me how to use airtel bis 6gig to browse on my ipad 3.
Taught me how to share my internet wifi with window7
E
ET
ETC
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by funkybaby(f): 3:31pm On Oct 18, 2013
the meaning of 'Yoruba''.

i honestly thought it was a charming adjective not knowing it's an insult. embarassed angry angry

4 Likes

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by homesteady(m): 3:31pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nairaland has taught me that even mentally disabled people can use the internet #Shout out to Musiwa and Andyblaze grin

1 Like

Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by felzylix(m): 3:31pm On Oct 18, 2013
NL taught me how to make front page n how to gossip
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
That tribe and religion can blind people

**some people
Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by AnodaIT(m): 3:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
How sentimental Nigerians have become.
That tribe and religion has taken over logical reasoning and a common stand for good.
And also to laugh when some fool abuse you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

An Area View Of Ring Road, Benin City / Which Market Is The Biggest Market In West Africa? / Meet The Youngest Lawyer In Anambra State Nigeria - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.