Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Who Is Hosting Nairaland.com Website? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Who Is Hosting Nairaland.com Website? (2499 Views)

Post Your .com Website Here For Review, Traffic And Follow / Pls Help On How To Buy Domain On Sedo.com Website / www.9jatech.com - Website Review, Your Comments Will Be Appreciated (2) (3) (4)

Who Is Hosting Nairaland.com Website? by emmykk(m): 3:33pm On May 19, 2013
i have 2 test site were am learning how to design website using wordpress,as i talk to you the sites are not loading.server not found displaying.
but nairaland is always on live.i guess the nairaland webhosting site is good.
can the owner of this site tell me the host.today i have good chance to learn but my site is down.
Re: Who Is Hosting Nairaland.com Website? by GraphicsPlus(m): 4:19pm On May 19, 2013
Is it only nairaland.com that is loading? Didnt you notice that other websites like facebook is also opening at your end? Why didnt go ask Mark Zukerberg where he hosts facebook?

My friend, pls go and sort your hosting issues with your host. If you don`t want to host with them again, look for another web hosting company.

Re: Who Is Hosting Nairaland.com Website? by emmykk(m): 5:04pm On May 19, 2013
facebook is not in nigeria na,and as a fan of nairaland that is y am asking.i have never seen it drop before.i dont want all those non-sense host u will soon suggests.i need the one that works.i know bluehost and hostigator,but just that the process of paying for those in nigeria here is not clear.beside i need solution not talk and talk as u just did
GraphicsPlus: Is it only nairaland.com that is loading? Didnt you notice that other websites like facebook is also opening at your end? Why didnt go ask Mark Zukerberg where he hosts facebook?

My friend, pls go and sort your hosting issues with your host. If you don`t want to host with them again, look for another web hosting company.
Re: Who Is Hosting Nairaland.com Website? by gothrones(m): 6:00pm On May 19, 2013
emmykk: facebook is not in nigeria na,and as a fan of nairaland that is y am asking.i have never seen it drop before.i dont want all those non-sense host u will soon suggests.i need the one that works.i know bluehost and hostigator,but just that the process of paying for those in nigeria here is not clear.beside i need solution not talk and talk as u just did

And neither is Nairaland, for it is hosted by an American company!
Re: Who Is Hosting Nairaland.com Website? by emmykk(m): 6:46pm On May 19, 2013
gothrones:

And neither is Nairaland, for it is hosted by an American company!
one thing that users of nairaland is notorious for is about their answer and reply pattern,normally hang on insult.i sorry for my country people.dont worry .dont tell me again.
Re: Who Is Hosting Nairaland.com Website? by JideTheBlogger(m): 7:37pm On May 19, 2013
Nice question. Let's hope we get a reply from the Oga at the top
Re: Who Is Hosting Nairaland.com Website? by GraphicsPlus(m): 8:01pm On May 19, 2013
There ar lots of indeginous websites like nairaland in nigeria that have not experienced a well known downtime. i think it's unnecessary asking a ceo of a company in a public forum where he hosts his website. u should hav at least inquire this fron Seun privately. If u hav a card that can pay for hosting, go for: godaddy.com or siteground.com or domain.com.

Again, there ar factors that could lead to a website not been available. Hav u contacted ur present host? What did they say?
Re: Who Is Hosting Nairaland.com Website? by miracle4(m): 8:01pm On May 19, 2013
the only info available from public search is http://www.domainsite.com
Re: Who Is Hosting Nairaland.com Website? by gothrones(m): 9:27pm On May 19, 2013
emmykk: one thing that users of nairaland is notorious for is about their answer and reply pattern,normally hang on insult.i sorry for my country people.dont worry .dont tell me again.

Is this English?
Re: Who Is Hosting Nairaland.com Website? by emmykk(m): 10:44pm On May 19, 2013
gothrones:

Is this English?
no is jewish language
Re: Who Is Hosting Nairaland.com Website? by gothrones(m): 1:00am On May 20, 2013
^
Of course it is. This is not a place for idiiots. Write coherent sentences so that other folks can understand you.
Re: Who Is Hosting Nairaland.com Website? by Afam4eva(m): 1:22am On May 20, 2013
Nairaland is most likely using a dedicated server or a VPS. Using any of these will most likely make your website load faster because you won't have to share your space with other wesbites. @OP The reason why your host is slow is most likely because they are overselling. Having 5000 websites on a server will be slower than having just 5 people on the same server. There's a reason why MTN is probably the slowest network in Nigeria. Their client base is very huge and their equipments are not proportional to their client size.
Re: Who Is Hosting Nairaland.com Website? by emmykk(m): 7:08am On May 20, 2013
Afam4eva: Nairaland is most likely using a dedicated server or a VPS. Using any of these will most likely make your website load faster because you won't have to share your space with other wesbites. @OP The reason why your host is slow is most likely because they are overselling. Having 5000 websites on a server will be slower than having just 5 people on the same server. There's a reason why MTN is probably the slowest network in Nigeria. Their client base is very huge and their equipments are not proportional to their client size.
ok thanks for the advice.the site came up last night.i will see what i can do.
Re: Who Is Hosting Nairaland.com Website? by sisqology(m): 8:37am On May 20, 2013
including python
Re: Who Is Hosting Nairaland.com Website? by shorxynla(m): 9:04pm On May 20, 2013
Nairaland is hosted by Datashack. www.datashack.net
Re: Who Is Hosting Nairaland.com Website? by adewasco2k(m): 9:38pm On May 20, 2013
nairaland.com is hosted on a dedicated server.
Re: Who Is Hosting Nairaland.com Website? by BrainnewsNg(f): 12:42pm On May 28, 2015
Afam4eva:
Nairaland is most likely using a dedicated server or a VPS. Using any of these will most likely make your website load faster because you won't have to share your space with other wesbites. @OP The reason why your host is slow is most likely because they are overselling. Having 5000 websites on a server will be slower than having just 5 people on the same server. There's a reason why MTN is probably the slowest network in Nigeria. Their client base is very huge and their equipments are not proportional to their client size.

God bless you for this.
Re: Who Is Hosting Nairaland.com Website? by BrainnewsNg(f): 12:44pm On May 28, 2015
adewasco2k:
nairaland.com is hosted on a dedicated server.
Thank you!
Re: Who Is Hosting Nairaland.com Website? by femzysticks(m): 11:17pm On May 30, 2015
GraphicsPlus:
Is it only nairaland.com that is loading? Didnt you notice that other websites like facebook is also opening at your end? Why didnt go ask Mark Zukerberg where he hosts facebook?

Hahaha

But bros, you de vex ooh

Re: Who Is Hosting Nairaland.com Website? by newsmagazine: 2:56pm On Jun 20, 2022
You amazingly have terrific article content. Cheers for sharing your blog site. Thank you for sharing. amc question bank
Re: Who Is Hosting Nairaland.com Website? by jokpemejoseph: 6:04am On Jun 21, 2022
I need to know
Re: Who Is Hosting Nairaland.com Website? by Weezyclan(m): 2:04pm On Jun 21, 2022
If you have a laptop, download xampp, or uwamp server. Install WordPress on it and you won't experience downtime again

Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st / Only For Mywapblog Site Owners.... / Get 1k Likes On Your Facebook Photos Now!!