Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,758 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st (2499 Views)

Facebook To Introduce “profile Videos” As Alternative To “profile Pictures” / Facebook To Begin Charging For Messages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by Ayed44: 9:57am On Sep 24, 2014
Nobody expected such a news story this week, but it seems that Facebook will no longer be a free service.

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has announced at a press conference in Menlo Park, California that the company is unable to keep up with the costs of Facebook and a
monthly fee for users is inevitable.

Zuckerberg has explained that Facebook is growing with hundreds and thousands of members signing up each day and the advertisement system Facebook currently uses is not enough to cover all the costs the social media giant needs to keep the site running. He also said that if Facebook continues to remain a free service, there is the possibility of it having to shut down because of the lack of funding. “After thinking long and hard about this decision, at the end of the day, we were forced to add this monthly fee. If we don’t do something about our rising costs now, Facebook could cease to exist in the near future.” – said Mark Zuckerberg.

Facebook currently has about
1.317 billion users and if just %75 of those users start paying the $2.99 monthly fee, the yearly profit would be about $3 billion. Astounding.

Reportedly, Paul Horner, Facebook
spokesperson, said that there could be a way to waive the monthly fee for users who don’t have the money to pay. He said that even though
Facebook would begin implementing the new user fee starting November 1st, they don’t want to lose their members just because they can’t
afford to pay the monthly subscription fee. He said that users should update their status with the following statement:

I AM POOR FACEBOOK
PLEASE WAIVE MY MONTHLY FEE with the #FacebookMonthlyFee hashtag included.

What do you think? Is Facebook looking to get a little more money out of its users? Are you going to ask them to waive your monthly fee or do you think Facebook is worth paying for? http://idreamzmedia.com/facebook-to-begin-charging-users-2-99mo-starting-november-1st/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 24, 2014
Lemme tell imabong about this

So I'll know if she will keep up loading pix or not

I can't even remember my password sef.
And this will help people who update mumu status like *........................TYPE AMEN IF YOU BELIEVE* to reduce it

7 Likes

Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 24, 2014
That's about 500naira abi?

Its bye bye to facebook!

11 Likes

Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by morefire: 10:06am On Sep 24, 2014
Ayed44: Nobody expected such a news story this week, but it seems that Facebook will no longer be a free service.

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has announced at a press conference in Menlo Park, California that the company is unable to keep up with the costs of Facebook and a
monthly fee for users is inevitable.

Zuckerberg has explained that Facebook is growing with hundreds and thousands of members signing up each day and the advertisement system Facebook currently uses is not enough to cover all the costs the social media giant needs to keep the site running. He also said that if Facebook continues to remain a free service, there is the possibility of it having to shut down because of the lack of funding. “After thinking long and hard about this decision, at the end of the day, we were forced to add this monthly fee. If we don’t do something about our rising costs now, Facebook could cease to exist in the near future.” – said Mark Zuckerberg.

Facebook currently has about
1.317 billion users and if just %75 of those users start paying the $2.99 monthly fee, the yearly profit would be about $3 billion. Astounding.

Reportedly, Paul Horner, Facebook
spokesperson, said that there could be a way to waive the monthly fee for users who don’t have the money to pay. He said that even though
Facebook would begin implementing the new user fee starting November 1st, they don’t want to lose their members just because they can’t
afford to pay the monthly subscription fee. He said that users should update their status with the following statement:

I AM POOR FACEBOOK
PLEASE WAIVE MY MONTHLY FEE with the #FacebookMonthlyFee hashtag included.

What do you think? Is Facebook looking to get a little more money out of its users? Are you going to ask them to waive your monthly fee or do you think Facebook is worth paying for? http://idreamzmedia.com/facebook-to-begin-charging-users-2-99mo-starting-november-1st/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

well lets see
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by Philistine(m): 10:07am On Sep 24, 2014
:
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by AbdH: 10:12am On Sep 24, 2014
berem: That's about 500naira abi?

Its bye bye to facebook!

Without hesitation.

4 Likes

Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 24, 2014
berem: That's about 500naira abi?

Its bye bye to facebook!
so u still dae use Facebook undecided well I doubt this op its not true. undecided
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by tyson99(m): 10:13am On Sep 24, 2014
That's good,correct clients go dey there gringrin
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 24, 2014
snrman: so u still dae use Facebook undecided well I doubt this op its not true. undecided
I only use facebook messenger. O tan!
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by Qtsnow(m): 10:15am On Sep 24, 2014
Shey by force to use Facebook, na picture update of friends dey full my wall this day, less information. I will miss the update daily updates I read from groups I join. after all those information are always available on nairaland and other websites and blogs. People like free things, even a free WiFi.
#Teameverythingmustbefree

1 Like

Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by Jmain: 10:16am On Sep 24, 2014
I dey seriously doubt this news joor !! undecided
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by PassingShot(m): 10:17am On Sep 24, 2014
Good development if you ask me.

It will reduce the amount of addiction and destruction of those immature people that run to FB for anything and everything.

3 Likes

Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by Benedict44(m): 10:17am On Sep 24, 2014
i hope it is not so . some people will start to update their status with. I am pooooooooorrrrrrrrrr.
soon it will be , bring#back#my#facebook#

1 Like

Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by Qtsnow(m): 10:17am On Sep 24, 2014
Shey na by force to use Facebook, na picture update of friends dey full my wall this days, less information. I will miss the daily updates I read from groups. after all those i can get in touch with friends through bbm and whatsapp and the other information are always available on nairaland and other websites and blogs. People like free things, even a free WiFi.
#Teameverythingmustbefree
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 24, 2014
berem: I only use facebook messenger. O tan!
and the difference is grin
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 24, 2014
snrman: and the difference is grin
if the facebook messenger will also be affected by the 500naira charge,then its also bye bye to facebook messenger. Thank God there are many other types of messengers to chat with. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by mrPero(m): 10:23am On Sep 24, 2014
What Do I gain aside viewing n posting pictures..... NOVEMBER 1..... DO COME MAKA CLOSE MY ACCOUNT. .... I NO dey pay oooooooo.....ntooooor!!!

1 Like

Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 24, 2014
berem: if the facebook messenger will also be affected by the 500naira charge,then its also bye bye to facebook messenger. Thank God there are many other types of messengers to chat with. grin grin
grin wink
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by jacabi(m): 10:26am On Sep 24, 2014
RIP face book!
Long live nairaland!
Long live Seun!
Long live Nairalanders!

3 Likes

Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 24, 2014
snrman: grin wink
what the hell are you doing in a cockpit?
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 24, 2014
berem: what the hell are you doing in a cockpit?
meaning
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by Mamaflex(f): 10:35am On Sep 24, 2014
Thank God. I will finally close my Facebook account. It was already becoming useless.
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by dridowu: 10:37am On Sep 24, 2014
As far as we still have Nairaland , then facebook can do whatever they like.

2 Likes

Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by thwarrior72: 10:45am On Sep 24, 2014
Facebook will soon realise that 90% of it users are very very poor grin

5 Likes

Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by talktimi(m): 11:07am On Sep 24, 2014
I only use Facebook for birthday reminders so e no concern me, I dash Zuckerkini his property tongue
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by 99100(m): 11:09am On Sep 24, 2014
Unfortunately For Facebook and Zuckerberg, personally i feel the former is not worth the fee. The latter must have a rethink.
Something like $0.3(about #50) would be affordable by many. But at $2.99 , I might even have to deactivate my account .
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by mickyarams: 11:12am On Sep 24, 2014
Very good news. That site is full of self obsessed 4cktards.
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by mstik(f): 12:01pm On Sep 24, 2014
hahaha
Goodbye, facebook sad grin
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by olayincar(m): 12:10pm On Sep 24, 2014
See all of dem

And many of you guyz have chat on fb 2dae o
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 24, 2014
Nice decision they will have less customers but will gain more profit.
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
Pay like #500 for facebook!

Can't remember last time I opened it sef. They can help me close it.

1 Like

Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st by kelvOdanz(m): 12:51pm On Sep 24, 2014
economictimes.indiatimes.com/magazines/panache/facebook-not-going-to-charge-users-any-fee-reports/articleshow/43151841.cms

#Don't swallow the wrong hook

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get 1k Likes On Your Facebook Photos Now!! / How To Post New Topics And Adverts / Only For Mywapblog Site Owners....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.