Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,092 members, 7,838,755 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Please Advice On The Best Way Or Method To Adopt In Hostel Electrication - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Advice On The Best Way Or Method To Adopt In Hostel Electrication (688 Views)

Start Investing In Hostel In The Front Gate Of A Federal University / Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. / Request For A Property In Admiralty Way Or Lekki Phase 1 For Immediate Purchase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Advice On The Best Way Or Method To Adopt In Hostel Electrication by landt: 6:00pm On May 19, 2013
@ All,
I am about to commence the building of an Hostel(30 rooms in suite) in my hometown and in the course or discusing the electrification of the hostel with my site supervisor, the electrician brought to my knowledge on how I would like the installation to be; based on the following questions below:

1. I am I going to allow students to use their individual generator in the course of power outage ?

2. How am i going to take care of the NEPA bill for each students considering the fact that all the occupants will not have the same load in their rooms?

My own question

Is it adviceable to provide central alternative power supply whenever thedre is power outage in other to discourage individual student from running their personal generator (most especially the I-pass-my-neighbour generator)?

You contributions will be highly appreciated.
Re: Please Advice On The Best Way Or Method To Adopt In Hostel Electrication by Lanrealayee: 12:00am On May 27, 2013
wel like d first responder said, u need a central power system either the nepa source or the alternative source it wil be more control and give the property a better used, i work with sakr power generation company, u can cal on us 2 do site inspection 2 give what kva of gen 2 use and further advice cal lanre on 08039797483.
Re: Please Advice On The Best Way Or Method To Adopt In Hostel Electrication by landt: 12:01pm On May 28, 2013
@ Lanrealayee

Thanks for your reply. As i said ealier, the hostel is going to be 30 rooms in all excluding the Security gate and conference room. Each room is going to contain minimum of 6 power sockets (one 15amps and five 13amps), 1 ceiling point and 5 lighting points (energy saving bulb of 15watts rating). The loads that I expect to be in each room as per student levels should include
1. Pressing Iron
2. Standing or ceiling fan
3. Television/ Radio
4. Fridge
5. Heaters (either boiling ring or hot-plate) - but still under review whether to allow it or not.

I think with this, you can come up with the rating of the suitable generator incase of power outage. However, how do I manage the payment of NEPA bill by every occupant without any hassle? Also, are u suggesting the usage of Inverter as anothe power alternative? Expecting your response.

(1) (Reply)

Fully Equiped Office To Let At Ikeja (Pictures Included) / 10 Hectare Of Land For Sale In Lugbe And Kuje / Tastefully 3br Duplex With A Bq To Let @ River Valley Estate Ojodu For A Year.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.