Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,670 members, 7,827,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. (89290 Views)

The Difference In Self Block Moulding And Buying Vaibrated Blocks / How Many Blocks And Bags Of Cement Will Completed 3 Bedroom Flat Foundation. / Buying Or Moulding Blocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by alfa0: 11:07am On Dec 15, 2014
good morning all

please i have this project i want to start.
but i wish to know if molding blocks myself or buying will be cheaper.
2. how many blocks can i get out of 1 trip of sand.
3. which type of sand is better for block molding.

thanks

2 Likes

Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by ericessien24: 11:14am On Dec 15, 2014
d one I used was molded and its advisable cos those bought ones are not strong.

a bag of cement produces up to 60 blocks ,but I asked them to mould 35 ,it dries up in minutes and hard to break.but I can't really tell the trip of sand.just buy sand and focus on the bags of cement.

10 Likes

Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by eghosajohnny: 1:27pm On Dec 15, 2014
I am a builder and I stand with the advice on your post to mould cos its best controlled on the soloidity on the block based on the quantity you want per bag

2 Likes

Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by alfa0: 3:08pm On Dec 15, 2014
Thanks all.I will do as advised.maybe I will do 35 to 40 per bag.please I still need to know how many blocks a trip of sand will mould assuming all things remain cpnstant.thanks you
Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by ignis: 3:50pm On Dec 15, 2014
Well the size and nature of the project will determine if moulding the blocks yourself will be better or not.
From your post I can see you are looking for cheap blocks. But note, the cheaper the block the lower the quality and strength.

Black man will build with cheap inferior blocks and blame the building collapse on innocent witches and wizards in the village.

12 Likes

Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by boman2014: 3:50pm On Dec 15, 2014
My brother, i'm doing eight room self-contain and i tell ya, i dont waste my money buying block. I pay 4 cements and sand and a moulder to mould block 4 me. And trust me itz cheaper.

3 Likes

Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by calobinna(m): 3:50pm On Dec 15, 2014
moulding is better...u could tell them how many blocks you want per bag.... i think 28 to 30 blocks per bag is preferable if you want solid blocks!
Just know this the lesser the blocks per bag the harder the block would be!
Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by freezyprinzy(m): 3:51pm On Dec 15, 2014
passing by
Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by Tberry01(f): 3:52pm On Dec 15, 2014
Molding is the best. A trip of sand goes with 8 bags of cement when molding 35 blocks per bag.

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by Johnnoo(m): 3:52pm On Dec 15, 2014
Molding your own blocks gives you cost effectiveness and reliability of products cool

2 Likes

Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by thiefnubu(m): 3:52pm On Dec 15, 2014
grin kudos to the mod who brought this to frontpage

Since I am neither a bricklayer, a building contractor nor a house owner, I have nothing valuable to contribute.

But let me spread my mat here

As they say... No knowledge is wasted

28 Likes

Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by seangy4konji: 3:53pm On Dec 15, 2014
Moulding I think is better
Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by arvinsloane(m): 3:53pm On Dec 15, 2014
DOCTORNLIA:
SO DIS MADE F.P
Help a brother

1 Like

Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by jamesbridget13(f): 3:53pm On Dec 15, 2014
moulding urslf sure pass.
Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by lanxlot(m): 3:54pm On Dec 15, 2014
oya oo, all dem brick layers op needs answers
Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by jamesbridget13(f): 3:54pm On Dec 15, 2014
DOCTORNLIA:
SO DIS MADE F.P
any reason y it shouldn't?

2 Likes

Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by Mendo007(m): 3:54pm On Dec 15, 2014
DOCTORNLIA:
SO DIS MADE F.P
my brother the tire me sef ooooo
Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by lanxlot(m): 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2014
eghosajohnny:
I am a builder and I stand with the advice on your post to mould cos its best controlled on the soloidity on the block based on the quantity you want per bag

I will still appreciate if you need more info and if you need the services of a builder I just a phone call away

Just call my number below
u b sharp entrepreneur sha.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by superneutral(m): 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2014
Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2014
a
Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by lanxlot(m): 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2014
jamesbridget13:
moulding urslf sure pass.
laf 1 finish me. grin......u no want make pson do xmas. how u go de advice pson 2 mould himself?

1 Like

Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by emmyw(m): 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2014
checking first.
Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by mistabiola: 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2014
Buying from professionals is preferable, don't be misled cheesy grin
Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by yorke1: 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2014
To all the bricklayers in the house and house owners, oya over to you.
Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by englishmart(m): 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2014
mould 1,000 pieces, then buy 3,000 pieces.. Don't let block moulders die of hunger

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by plainmirror(m): 3:58pm On Dec 15, 2014
boman2014:

May God give you brain to think of something to write next time IJN tongue

5 Likes

Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by pocohantas(f): 3:59pm On Dec 15, 2014
Mould urself (that is, the bricklayers would mould under your supervision), that's if you have all that time to monitor them.
If not, it would still be similar to the one they would in their block industries...lol.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by mistabiola: 3:59pm On Dec 15, 2014
seangy4konji:
Moulding I think is better

Give me 10 reasons why I should mould block moiself

1 Like

Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by akpanikpe(m): 3:59pm On Dec 15, 2014
DOCTORNLIA:
SO DIS MADE F.P
sure it made fp, come out wit ur own good request like dis and see if it will not make fp.

@topic moulding is the best. Mine was 35 holess and 40 wit holes. Par bag of cement.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / Quality Granite Supply,haulage At A Reasonble Price / Man Returns From Dubai To See The House Built With Money He Sent Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.