Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims (40718 Views)

Photos Of Bride Sued By Husband For Not Being Pretty Enough / Check Out These Swaziland Representatives At A Meeting ( Photo) / Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by bethnals: 7:21am On May 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
I know u will argue its African and stuff. but personally I feel if we are to progress, we must not abuse women and treat them like mere objects. iif polygamy is legal, then polyanndry should also be made legal, as was in the old Pagan days.

Other Pagan nations around the world (India, CHina, Japan, etc., who had polygamist hstory) have already abandoned it.

bama so! oyinbo says no to polygamy but yes to gay marriage abi?
Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by Nobody: 7:34am On May 22, 2013
Come to Nigeria.
Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by Policewoman(f): 7:47am On May 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
I know u will argue its African and stuff. but personally I feel if we are to progress, we must not abuse women and treat them like mere objects. iif polygamy is legal, then polyanndry should also be made legal, as was in the old Pagan days.

Other Pagan nations around the world (India, CHina, Japan, etc., who had polygamist hstory) have already abandoned it.
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecidedDUDE, ARE YOU SURE THERE WAS A TIME A WOMAN WAS ALLOWED TO MARRY MANY MEN IN HISTORY Or you just made that up lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by docjuli(m): 8:24am On May 22, 2013
Policewoman: undecided undecided undecided undecided undecidedDUDE, ARE YOU SURE THERE WAS A TIME A WOMAN WAS ALLOWED TO MARRY MANY MEN IN HISTORY Or you just made that up lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyandry

According to inscriptions describing the reforms of the Sumerian king Urukagina of Lagash (ca. 2300 BC), the former custom of polyandry in his country was abolished, on pain of the woman taking multiple husbands being stoned with rocks upon which her crime is written.[1]

Polyandry in Tibet was a common practice and continues to a lesser extent today. Polyandry in India still exists among minorities, and also in Bhutan, and the northern parts of Nepal. Polyandry has been practised in several parts of India, such as Rajasthan, Ladakh and Zanskar, in the Jaunsar-Bawar region in Uttarakhand, among the Toda of South India,[2] and the Nishi of Arunachal Pradesh.[citation needed]

It also occurs or has occurred in Nigeria (Among the Irigwe of Northern Nigeria, women have traditionally acquired numerous spouses called "co-husbands."wink, the Nymba,[2] and some pre-contact Polynesian societies,[3] though probably only among higher caste women.[4] It is also encountered in some regions of Yunnan and Sichuan regions of China, among the Mosuo people in China, and in some sub-Saharan African such as the Maasai people in Kenya and northern Tanzania[5] and American indigenous communities. The Guanches, the first known inhabitants of the Canary Islands, practiced polyandry until their disappearance.[6] The Zo'e tribe in the state of ParĂ¡ on the Cuminapanema River, Brazil, also practice polyandry.[7] Polyandry was practiced in Celtic societies as women were allowed to own property and marry more than one husband.[citation needed]

2 Likes

Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by Eneze1(f): 8:27am On May 22, 2013
50calibre: I don't believe this co*k and bull story. An African woman would pass on the opportunity to become a wife ( even if its number 70th ) of a filthy WEALTHY king and chose instead to be a refugee in Britain? I don't think so and the UKBA would see through the ruse.

not all African woman, not everybody is after wealth, and please stop your generalization
Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by Nobody: 8:28am On May 22, 2013
This lady just want some international recognition, and she's already getting it and soon, UN as usual will invite her and give her a Nobel Peace Prize for fighting polygammy in Swaziland...the world is all about being smart and utilising opportunities. Smart lady grin
Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by Nobody: 8:31am On May 22, 2013
Eneze1:

not all African woman, not everybody is after wealth, and please stop your generalization
well you don't expect him to give an exact number.do u?
Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by Nobody: 8:35am On May 22, 2013
bethnals:

bama so! oyinbo says no to polygamy but yes to gay marriage abi?
very funny, Africans are just too gullible. Whatever the western world approve, is approved and whatever they condemn is condemned.

Gay marriage was just legalised in France a few days ago, and American government was also pressurising Nigerian government to approve gay marriage, but at the same time, they condemn polygamy.

All these are their western tactics to ensure all African cultures are destroyed and foolishly, we are dancing to their drum beats, sighs.

3 Likes

Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by Eneze1(f): 8:41am On May 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: well you don't expect him to give an exact number.do u?

I wasn't expecting him to give an exact number, but it won't be fair on u guys for me to say all guys are cheat,
Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by yomanovic: 8:42am On May 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
I think its high time they abolish polygamy.

You can't abolish polygamy. You can only fight to have a democratic system which I think its absence is the problem of the above mentioned state.
Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by Nobody: 8:49am On May 22, 2013
Eneze1:

I wasn't expecting him to give an exact number, but it won't be fair on u guys for me to say all guys are cheat,
you wanted him to use some?
Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by harlos: 8:52am On May 22, 2013
Eneze1:

but you said it already.
Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by onila(f): 8:53am On May 22, 2013
smiley
Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by docjuli(m): 8:55am On May 22, 2013
Dewze:

thanks a lot bro. Anyway you can help will be highly appreciated. There is a friend in Cameroon that I trying to locate. Her name is Rockia Ebane Enogene. I beleive she schld at university of yaounde and she might be affiliated to ubmls.
She taught me how to eat Ndole and groundnut soup bro (lovly meal).
Just like to know how she is doing now.

Hahaha, now you are making me miss Ndole, groundnut soup. I enjoyed eating both with unripe plantain. But, Cameroon try sha with food (Aricot rouge with banane, manioc).
Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by profshakur: 9:01am On May 22, 2013
polygamy is allowed in Islam and thus shoud be respected. the problem is not the polygamy itself ,its the practitioners who abuse it out of its lessons and understanding. will u say because the eyes looks evils the u will pluck it out?. women en slavery is totally forbidden in Islam even its an act that brings the wrath of God on the husband.and mind u the God that legalizes it knows more than we do.look at this instances
1. a man that has sexual power more than a single woman
2.a woman that does not give birth to a child for many years e. t .c

2 Likes

Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:02am On May 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

Etc jeez give us a break and man woman up and Learn to assume your decisions...we are in the era of Mrs independent aka strong black woman
grin
Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:05am On May 22, 2013
Policewoman: undecided undecided undecided undecided undecidedDUDE, ARE YOU SURE THERE WAS A TIME A WOMAN WAS ALLOWED TO MARRY MANY MEN IN HISTORY Or you just made that up lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

There was a time when many societies were matriarchal and women took many husbands.
Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:07am On May 22, 2013
profshakur: polygamy is allowed in Islam and thus shoud be respected. the problem is not the polygamy itself ,its the practitioners who abuse it out of its lessons and understanding. will u say because the eyes looks evils the u will pluck it out?. women en slavery is totally forbidden in Islam even its an act that brings the wrath of God on the husband.and mind u the God that legalizes it knows more than we do.look at this instances
1. a man that has sexual power more than a single woman
2.a woman that does not give birth to a child for many years e. t .c

please don't bring islam here. i don't want you to blow up this thread. we are talking about African Nations. angry

1 Like

Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by bootlegaz: 9:10am On May 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

There was a time when many societies were matriarchal and women took many husbands.
Bruv, this is your time to shine, such thread is long overdue.....lol
Make I leave dis thread for you. ....I come in peace *watching from my windom*
Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by Eneze1(f): 9:11am On May 22, 2013
harlos: but you said it already.

read my post well
Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by Nobody: 9:12am On May 22, 2013
docjuli:

Hahaha, now you are making me miss Ndole, groundnut soup. I enjoyed eating both with unripe plantain. But, Cameroon try sha with food (Aricot rouge with banane, manioc).

https://www.nairaland.com/1193302/cameroonian-food

You know Man, groundnut soup all days, everyday
Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by harlos: 9:25am On May 22, 2013
Eneze1:

read my post well
I think you shouldn't have said that angry
Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by Nobody: 9:44am On May 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: when we talk about women empowerment, we talk about women being able to make their own decisions..they weren't dragged by force to the mayor/albeit/etc...they are able to say no...some women unfortunately for you find it an easy to get out of poverty, they will sit their azz all day long or shopping all day long to cut short..women are their own problem(if that's even a problem) and are the solution...let them b ..eh eh I want to think the dude is well known in his country so they all know he's already married..but why do they keep saying yes? Yet you want to put the blame on the man...are u a man? Because only dumb women are always blaming men
stop being idiotic these women don't have the same gender equality rights like other women in SADC countries do. If he makes a choice he gets wat he wants, these women can't object...the only option out is seeking refugee in a foreign land. Imagine ur own daughter having to be emancipated and sent off to a foreign land at 15 simply because some greedy man wants to get into her kitten to satisfy his selfish needs... Again i ask u where is the prductivity in that knd of behaviour? U dont know sh*t about the Swaziland legal position with regards to gender equality angry

2 Likes

Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by Nobody: 9:56am On May 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: do you really believe that? He is a king in a small country no one is going to hit on his wifes, so I doubt he can't b this jealous....people are always exaggerating
The guy us indeed dangerous. No one dares stands against him. I heard stories about his atrocities and its not good.
Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by KingMswati: 10:22am On May 22, 2013
You all should stop putting your mouths in something you know nothing about. The silly girl won't say how much I've done for her and her family. Be warned!
Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by Nobody: 10:30am On May 22, 2013
King Mswati: You all should stop putting your mouths in something you know nothing about. The silly girl won't say how much I've done for her and her family. Be warned!
mswati wakitsi batjele abati kutsi bakhuluma ngani ,,,

1 Like

Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by Nobody: 10:33am On May 22, 2013
nadia_SA: mswati wakitsi batjele abati kutsi bakhuluma ngani ,,,

WtF!
Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by Sanboy25: 10:34am On May 22, 2013

I support the arguments of 'PAGAN 9JA' on this one. smiley

1 Like

Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by Nobody: 10:36am On May 22, 2013
J12:

WtF!
lol what na?? Its siSwati
Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by Nobody: 11:07am On May 22, 2013
nadia_SA: lol what na?? Its siSwati

For real? I thought it was gibberish.
What did you write up there anyway?
Re: King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims by Slimzybaby(m): 11:12am On May 22, 2013
nadia_SA: mswati wakitsi batjele abati kutsi bakhuluma ngani ,,,
explain this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Malia Obama Celebrates Her 18th Birthday As President Obama Sings For Her / Czech Republic Becomes The First NATO Country To Send Tanks To Ukraine / Ukraine Willing To Be A Neutral State, Says Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.