Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,440 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:58 AM

Is This A Joke? Shaibu Amodu Includes Kayode Odejayi In Eagles Squad - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is This A Joke? Shaibu Amodu Includes Kayode Odejayi In Eagles Squad (8809 Views)

List Of Super Eagles Squad for Egypt Game / Emenike Rejects Invitation Back To The Super Eagles Squad / Super Eagles Squad At Ghana 2008: What To Expect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This A Joke? Shaibu Amodu Includes Kayode Odejayi In Eagles Squad by McOmo(m): 7:35pm On May 16, 2008
abi na Andrew Uwe, Adigun or Edward Ansah u wan talk about undecided cry

Up Leventis jare grin
Re: Is This A Joke? Shaibu Amodu Includes Kayode Odejayi In Eagles Squad by Akolawole(m): 8:33pm On May 16, 2008
Mc Omo:

abi na Andrew Uwe, Adigun or Edward Ansah u wan talk about undecided cry

Up Leventis jare grin

I am 100% sure the present Chelsea squad tutoured by Jose Mourinho plus Grant cannot beat that team.

Abdulahi Alausa on the left.

No wonder 17 members of the team were invited to green Eagles at that time. The highest ever in the history of any football club. Though ghanians among them opt to play for ghana, the decision they regret for life. grin
Re: Is This A Joke? Shaibu Amodu Includes Kayode Odejayi In Eagles Squad by McOmo(m): 12:01am On May 17, 2008
Leventis United for life grin grin

for me that was the team that made me perenially happy . . . .Uwem Ekarika et al . . .haaaa, meeen Naija football don suffer !!! cool
Re: Is This A Joke? Shaibu Amodu Includes Kayode Odejayi In Eagles Squad by akinalabi(m): 12:30am On May 17, 2008
dayokanu :

Do you guys remember Taofik Malik in shooting?, Dotun Alatishe, Mojeed Azeez, Edith Agoye, I dare anyone who remembers Tunji Adeyemi - Shooting Stars Striker in 1988-89.

Don't make me remember those days. . . grin

Nostalgic feelings. . . cheesy

Bro Tunji remained there till 1992 when we won the CAF cup. Fantastic
assits by Felix Owolabi for him on the way to winning the cup.

He lives in Germany today.
Re: Is This A Joke? Shaibu Amodu Includes Kayode Odejayi In Eagles Squad by akinalabi(m): 12:35am On May 17, 2008
Akolawole:

I remember Balubalu-tafin in 1984, Baba Eleran and many gigs on TSOS TV (as it was called then). NFA, for political reason(s) moved the match to Lagos. Liberty stadium was better.

Balubalu-tafin o

Balubalu-tafin o

Ijibiti oriran osan o

Balubalu-tafin o.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Is This A Joke? Shaibu Amodu Includes Kayode Odejayi In Eagles Squad by McOmo(m): 2:14am On May 17, 2008
see all these sootin' stars supporters ? shocked
Re: Is This A Joke? Shaibu Amodu Includes Kayode Odejayi In Eagles Squad by Akolawole(m): 2:51am On May 17, 2008
@Dr Kit

Its sutin stars grin

@Akin

You miss the lyrics man

Its "afin o n rina osan o " Not jibiti grin
Re: Is This A Joke? Shaibu Amodu Includes Kayode Odejayi In Eagles Squad by Akolawole(m): 5:19pm On May 20, 2008
@All

Any Oldies remember ojokojo?
Re: Is This A Joke? Shaibu Amodu Includes Kayode Odejayi In Eagles Squad by ow11(m): 12:57pm On May 21, 2008
@Akola

Elaho was impressive at Senegal '92 and i was shocked he quickly fizzled out to Amunike and thereafter we got stuck with Mr. Garba Lawal. Abeg Amodu should fish out a new Elaho!!!!!!!
Re: Is This A Joke? Shaibu Amodu Includes Kayode Odejayi In Eagles Squad by Akolawole(m): 3:05pm On May 21, 2008
@Ow11

Our Revelation in Senegal was Mutiu Adepoju while Friday was our best in Algiers.

Amuneke was more or less Africa's best in 1991 All Africa games in Cairo, from where he get a good deal with Zamalek. He was just waiting by the door then.
Re: Is This A Joke? Shaibu Amodu Includes Kayode Odejayi In Eagles Squad by DrKitaun(m): 3:32pm On May 21, 2008
@Ow11

Garba Lawal was more of a blessing to Nigeria . . .wonder why he was the only player accorded respect in his last NATIONS CUP tourney ? grin

we were not stuck with him . . .he was an embodiment of discipline to younger players cool
Re: Is This A Joke? Shaibu Amodu Includes Kayode Odejayi In Eagles Squad by HNIC(m): 12:08pm On May 22, 2008
@ Akola
Ojokojo,if i remember correctly, was in the heart of the Sutin stars midfield in the early 90s.
What happened to him?
Re: Is This A Joke? Shaibu Amodu Includes Kayode Odejayi In Eagles Squad by Akolawole(m): 3:28pm On May 22, 2008
@HNIC

Ojokojo went to play for a second division team in Germany. He was blasting the net anyhow in fact when IBB went to Germny on State visit, he was given a gold invitation as one of the great Nigerians in germany.

He is married to Seki(i believe one of the liberty stadium girls grin).

A very good player by all standard.
Re: Is This A Joke? Shaibu Amodu Includes Kayode Odejayi In Eagles Squad by akinalabi(m): 10:53am On May 23, 2008
I remember Ojokojo. His other name was strange kind of.

Tounirigba or something?
Re: Is This A Joke? Shaibu Amodu Includes Kayode Odejayi In Eagles Squad by Akolawole(m): 4:52pm On May 23, 2008
akinalabi:

I remember Ojokojo. His other name was strange kind of.

Tounirigba or something?

Cannot spell the name but its pronounced "Towonrigha".

The last time i saw him was in 1990 on visit to Super eagles camp for Ecowas cup in Ibadan.
Re: Is This A Joke? Shaibu Amodu Includes Kayode Odejayi In Eagles Squad by dayokanu(m): 10:57am On May 28, 2008
na wao!! Arugbo Ojo. Akinalabi,

Tunji Adeyemi was my joker i thought no one would remember him. Shooting striker from 1988 i think he was dropped at the last minute in the Saudi 89 squad.

Do you guys follow the Shooting IBL Ilesha rivalry in Oyo State then? later Shooting vs Exide sparkers rivalry
Re: Is This A Joke? Shaibu Amodu Includes Kayode Odejayi In Eagles Squad by Akolawole(m): 7:41pm On May 29, 2008
dayokanu:

Tunji Adeyemi was my joker i thought no one would remember him. Shooting striker from 1988 i think he was dropped at the last minute in the Saudi 89 squad.

Do you guys follow the Shooting IBL Ilesha rivalry in Oyo State then? later Shooting vs Exide sparkers rivalry

Tunji had not peaked in 1989 but 91/92(i remember his big head grin)

Ilesha Brewery was not that great. Try Oshogbo Nepa in FA cup and later Exide

I knew nearly all the very best players in Exide. My brother is one of them.

Gbenga that played for Barcelona is one of them. Femi(Uwe), Taoreed(Tarek) inclusive. Unfortunately one of them is no more cry.

@DayoNwakwo

Are you an ibadan man?
Re: Is This A Joke? Shaibu Amodu Includes Kayode Odejayi In Eagles Squad by akinalabi(m): 10:23pm On May 29, 2008
@ dayokanu,

Yeah, he was dropped at the last minute.

He truly peaked during Shooting's CAF cup run in 1992. He
then moved to Concord of Abeokuta.

This thread has turned to a memory thread. grin I thought it
was about Kayode Odejayi. cheesy
Re: Is This A Joke? Shaibu Amodu Includes Kayode Odejayi In Eagles Squad by Akolawole(m): 11:52pm On May 29, 2008
akinalabi:

This thread has turned to a memory thread. grin I thought it
was about Kayode Odejayi. cheesy

Even Ibime who launched this don run tongue

I think we've gone off-topic

The boys have been separated from the men grin [ Just joking]
Re: Is This A Joke? Shaibu Amodu Includes Kayode Odejayi In Eagles Squad by Ochidoma: 7:55pm On Jun 07, 2009
To those wishing that their country will not succeed because of the choice of coach or players, shame on you!

Nigeria has now beaten both France and Kenya. May the true patriots enjoy the succor of victory!
Re: Is This A Joke? Shaibu Amodu Includes Kayode Odejayi In Eagles Squad by megapro(m): 8:47pm On Dec 17, 2009
AkinAlabi, Dayokanu,

where is Tunji Adeyemi?
who was coach when they won the CAF cup in 1992?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Ugwuanyi Hosts Rangers Football Club / Open A Nairabet Account And Get Free 7000 Naira Welcome Bonus / Taiye Taiwo Charged With Tax Evasion In France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.