Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,208 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi - Literature (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi (144186 Views)

The Afro Sushi / A Nigerian Story As Never Told Before (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by stefikal(f): 10:57pm On Dec 29, 2013
glowingscenes: @missaddy, macdelene, kinxen, wizdray,barbiesexy and oyenibi...Thank U all VERRRRY MUCH
Dont worry, By God's grace, you'll get a new story on Mondays as usual on my blog so dont loose hope yet okay?
A new series will start soon so just stay tuned.
Muah!!!

Still behind you Glow...
Can't wait!cheesy
God bless

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by jumzzy448: 5:07pm On Dec 30, 2013
awwwww......God bless you glow. I really do appreciate this your wonderful work. thanks so much. it was worth the time.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by evavista: 7:51pm On Dec 31, 2013
all i can say is thnks for d beautiful story

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 31, 2013
I dunno if it's just ma mind dat is playing games with me but I seem to love the character " Bisi" soo freaking much... Pls op, You have the power to do and undo in this write up so please keep my Bisi safe... I ve a crush on her already unfortunately she isn't real.. sad sad wish I could find her replica.... O love her composure nd knowledge of self worth and from my imaginations, she's a cute tomboy... I love her personality truly...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by glowingscenes(f): 4:33pm On Jan 01, 2014
FLYGERIAN91: I dunno if it's just ma mind dat is playing games with me but I seem to love the character " Bisi" soo freaking much... Pls op, You have the power to do and undo in this write up so please keep my Bisi safe... I ve a crush on her already unfortunately she isn't real.. sad sad wish I could find her replica.... O love her composure nd knowledge of self worth and from my imaginations, she's a cute tomboy... I love her personality truly...

Yeah. I enjoyed creating her personality as well. Thanks bae. Im sure u shd be through reading the story by now since I'm done writing.
Hapi new year
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by lanicky(f): 9:56pm On Jan 01, 2014
SIS Glow u da best. Ouch!!!! shocked best is an understatement u're da bomb.
U forced me out of my shell, ur story broke d fence of hatred around my heart. I was like little Tobi b4 but now.......am a changed person.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. Now i believe dat...weeping may last for a night but joy comes in d morning*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Words can't describe how happy i am right now.
Thankz s0o0OOooo much God bless u. Recieve slap of success nd breakthrough IJN.

Happy new year. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by igboboy3(m): 11:02pm On Jan 02, 2014
@glowingscenes, you're an amazing story-teller. Methinks this is your God-given ministry. Your story has entertained and taught us. Your characters are lovely, I could relate with them. Pls keep working hard. Do more research and keep weaving beautiful pieces.
P.S: I personally love the Rolake and Oma love story. It has taught me that no matter how dark our present times are, God can make our future beautiful. I hope to find my own Rolake o!
God blessx

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by Cestmoi1(f): 2:07pm On Jan 03, 2014
GS,just finished reading the 12th and final episode on your blog now.WOW! What a happy ending.Words fail me right now cos I don't know how to describe you and your writing skills.I hereby describe you with all the nice words in the dictionary.You are one in a zillion.Thanks for sharing.God bless.I truly enjoyed reading this piece and I learnt one or two things.Mwah!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by glowingscenes(f): 6:26pm On Jan 03, 2014
lanicky: SIS Glow u da best. Ouch!!!! shocked best is an understatement u're da bomb.
U forced me out of my shell, ur story broke d fence of hatred around my heart. I was like little Tobi b4 but now.......am a changed person.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. Now i believe dat...weeping may last for a night but joy comes in d morning*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Words can't describe how happy i am right now.
Thankz s0o0OOooo much God bless u. Recieve slap of success nd breakthrough IJN.

Happy new year. grin grin

LOL abeg which wan na slap of breakthrough again...Just say I shd receive my breathroughs IJN...amen
Thanks Lanicky smiley smiley
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by glowingscenes(f): 6:27pm On Jan 03, 2014
igbo-boy:
@glowingscenes, you're an amazing story-teller. Methinks this is your God-given ministry. Your story has entertained and taught us. Your characters are lovely, I could relate with them. Pls keep working hard. Do more research and keep weaving beautiful pieces.
P.S: I personally love the Rolake and Oma love story. It has taught me that no matter how dark our present times are, God can make our future beautiful. I hope to find my own Rolake o!
God blessx

awww for real? Thanks igbo-boy, I appreciate ur comments
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by glowingscenes(f): 6:28pm On Jan 03, 2014
C'est moi:
GS,just finished reading the 12th and final episode on your blog now.WOW! What a happy ending.Words fail me right now cos I don't know how to describe you and your writing skills.I hereby describe you with all the nice words in the dictionary.You are one in a zillion.Thanks for sharing.God bless.I truly enjoyed reading this piece and I learnt one or two things.Mwah!

Muahhhhhh to u too
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by Amosola93(m): 9:56pm On Jan 05, 2014
i haven't comment on any thread on any thread on dis site.........i love this story to the core....an excellent round off...nice work sis glow....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by glowingscenes(f): 10:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
Amosola93: i haven't comment on any thread on any thread on dis site.........i love this story to the core....an excellent round off...nice work sis glow....

thank u dear!
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by Cestmoi1(f): 9:48am On Jan 06, 2014
Leggo! Switched noni.Thank God I subscribed.Would have carried lastsmiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 06, 2014
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by Mitchellelou: 5:30pm On Jan 06, 2014
Wow!wow!ds story ix just 2 inspiring,marriage don dey sweet me sef!!lolz buh seriouzly ds story waz amazing,we nid more of ds..weldone glow and tnx a lot

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by chijudith(f): 1:36pm On Aug 14, 2014
pls i dnt know how to open this ur blog o i hav tried and tried. it seems u only update in ur blog. well someone gisted me of ur story
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by Mutaino7(m): 5:57pm On Aug 15, 2014
chijudith: pls i dnt know how to open this ur blog o i hav tried and tried. it seems u only update in ur blog. well someone gisted me of ur story
www.glowingscenes.com

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by ritzeluv(f): 9:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
There are no post on episode 3,4,5. I can't read d updates and lastly I can't access this story on ur website. Expecting ur reply. Tnx.
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by glowingscenes(f): 7:57pm On Aug 19, 2014
ritzeluv: There are no post on episode 3,4,5. I can't read d updates and lastly I can't access this story on ur website. Expecting ur reply. Tnx.

Hello ritz! It's quite easy. Just go to my blog, check for the search button and type in any episode of Chocolates and Sushi you want. I hope that's okay for you.
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by Joy4mi(f): 12:13am On Aug 26, 2014
Hi my sweetie pie glowingscenes ,
Got your msg on fbk. Im quite okay, baby is just using extra time.read updates on your blog regularly but tooooo lazy to type(I'm sorry).

Miss u soooo much,pls keep me in your prayers, the time is soo near.

Xoxo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by glowingscenes(f): 12:32am On Aug 28, 2014
Joy4mi: Hi my sweetie pie glowingscenes ,
Got your msg on fbk. Im quite okay, baby is just using extra time.read updates on your blog regularly but tooooo lazy to type(I'm sorry).

Miss u soooo much,pls keep me in your prayers, the time is soo near.

Xoxo

awwwwwwwwwwwww, pele love. Hugs. Don't worry, it'll soon be over sogbo? Take care of you dear!
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by Ogoanita(f): 12:23pm On Jan 10, 2015
cool cool mehn ure good ur novel kept me @ the edge of my sit, couldnt drop my phone, wow ure good, weldoooooooone

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by Niwdog(m): 11:51am On Jan 14, 2015
Mehn! This story is da bomb.
I forget to check the stories i ve be following on nairaland in order to finish my
"chocolate and sushi"

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by glowingscenes(f): 6:43pm On Feb 09, 2016
glowingscenes:
EPisode 1

Omolade Williams didn’t like the name she was given right from primary school. Afin. That name made her feel worse than the meaning itself and she went through Our Lady of Apostles bearing the nickname just for her to realize that it wasn’t a name that was going to drown out pretty soon.

Before long, Aunt Shade, Sister Bisi and Sister Rolake adapted the name and even Mum didn’t find anything wrong with it.
She never found anything wrong with Aunty Shade as she was the first daughter. Infact, she boasted sometimes she was old enough to give birth to her since she was blessed with two kids and a dashing black and bold husband.
The kind of husband women swooned for.
Uncle Dotun.

He was the only one who called her Molade and She liked him for it although his wife didn’t still see it as a propellant that would make her change her mind.

Afin was Afin.

Afin was a fair girl. Infact, the only fair child in the family and she laughed when her aunt crooned her primary school fairytale. ‘’Mirror Mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all? Molade Omotoke Afin oroyo is the fairest of them all.’’

Ever since she was 10, that was Aunt Shade’s lullaby for her and her teasing song, and soon she got used to it. it made her feel special in some sort of way most especially when boys started glancing her way once she got admission into Our Lady of Apostles Secondary School in Lagos. It was an only girls’ school but that didn’t stop the boys in the neighbourhood from passing her notes and praising her for her beauty.

It was then she realized she wasn’t as ‘Afin’ as she thought. She was very fair no doubt, but had traits of albinism in her which enhanced her beauty. Number of times, she heard girls in school calling her mammy water most especially when they noticed the number of boys that looked her way when she went home with her friends. Her hair was black and curly, she had fair and smooth skin and her eyes exuded a form of glow although it was hard to know if she was looking at you directly sometimes.

So she wasn’t completely albino.’’ She took comfort in that fact and moved on in life into the University of Lagos.
And that was when the scandal happened that led her mother decide she would be staying with her big sister.

Aunt Shade.

After her first semester in the University, it was then a particular lecturer in school decided to lay eyes on her and it was during one of his wooing sessions with her in his office and his wife barged in and almost disgraced her husband and reported Afin to her mother.

Her father was the popular and famous but late though his extended family was not. Infact they still interfered with the affairs of the family and that was how the wife of the promiscuous lecturer knew the girl she was dealing with.
Omolade Williams, Child of Late Chief Williams.

Mrs Adesanmi was a close friend of the family and knew where to go to disgrace Omolade further.
Her mother.

“you better tell that your mammy water daughter to stay off my husband Mrs Williams o!’’ she yelled while Shade, Bisi and Rolake had stayed watching her quietly wondering what Afin had done this time.
“e ma binu ma. Ejo ma’’ Mrs Williams pleaded.

“that girl will disgrace you one day no doubt! I’m sure my husband will not be her first victim that she would claw upon and take it to their kingdom. Ashewo omo! Omo alai nitiju! Oko oloko lo wun abi? Like father like daughter.’’
That was when Shade spoke up. she rarely did but the woman was passing her boundary and she wouldn’t watch her insulting her mother because there was no man to defend her.

Another reason why Chief had married other wives.

“abeg, park well ma! Ke de so ara yin gan!’’ She raised her hand to put the woman off. ‘’you come here making noise about my sister as if she pinned your husband to the Chair to seduce him. that your husband that goes about sleeping with girls before giving marks. You think he’s one saint or because I didn’t tell you he threatened me too when I was in school ba? Please, remove the log from your eyes before removing others you hear!’’

The woman swallowed saliva with difficulty before Bisi, the tomboy out of the girls present took over.

“your time here has expired, please leave.’’
“what? Me?’’ she looked at their mother. ‘’Mrs Williams, you allow your children to talk back at me anyhow’’

But the woman was too tired to talk back. She just watched the drama unfolding before her eyes.
Shade clapped after her. ‘’leave madam!! And go and face your husband.’’

The woman fumed and gave Shade the eye before grabbing her bag from the chair and storming out of the house.
Mrs Williams sighed while Afin closed the door which she had been peeping through and ran to her room pretending to be asleep.

Aunt Shade would come in anytime and that was another session of interrogation.

Aunt Shade would believe her. she always did. She was her best aunt because she was the only one that understood her and knew what she was capable of.
She would never sleep with another man’s wife, but she was capable of being the anonymous caller that called Mrs Adesami so that she could catch the man red-handed.

She chuckled into her pillow. Wait till the others came inside to hear the full gist.

An hour later, it was only Aunt Shade that came inside, but not with the others.

“you’re coming to live with me.’’ she had a straight face

Afin looked up in surprise. Something most definitely had gone wrong.

for continuity, check here www.myglowingscenes.com
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by beesan(f): 9:18pm On Jun 28, 2016
@ Glowingscenes just started reading ur stories and believe it's juts the best. Though I wanted to read ur oda stories but can't get dem, don't know I u help pleeeease wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by glowingscenes(f): 12:30am On Jul 01, 2016
beesan:
@ Glowingscenes just started reading ur stories and believe it's juts the best. Though I wanted to read ur oda stories but can't get dem, don't know I u help pleeeease wink

Hello beesan, thanks for the compliments and thank God. Which of my stories do you want to read? The ones I currently have going on are beautiful wings and dear diary which I'm planning to edit and turn into a book since some episodes are missing at the moment. I hope that's okay?
Regards,
Itunu
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by haryormeedeh(f): 10:29am On Jul 02, 2016
glowingscenes:

Hello beesan, thanks for the compliments and thank God. Which of my stories do you want to read? The ones I currently have going on are beautiful wings and dear diary which I'm planning to edit and turn into a book since some episodes are missing at the moment. I hope that's okay?
Regards,
Itunu

pls what's the link to your blog. I've missed your stories badly
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by pricelesslove(f): 11:03am On Jul 02, 2016
ma please how do I read this your story? I try reading it in your blog but I can't get episode 2. please direct me. thank you.
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by glowingscenes(f): 11:28pm On Jul 05, 2016
haryormeedeh:

pls what's the link to your blog. I've missed your stories badly

Myglowingscenes.com
Re: Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi by glowingscenes(f): 11:50pm On Jul 05, 2016
pricelesslove:
ma please how do I read this your story? I try reading it in your blog but I can't get episode 2. please direct me. thank you.

Hello love, which of my stories? If you're talking about Chocolates and Sushi, I already explained why I pulled them down from the blog. You can read the updates here:

http://myglowingscenes.com/important-blog-announcement-9-things/

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (Reply)

The Carpenter, The Witch And The Mysterious Mirrow / Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) / Meant To Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.