Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Real Madrid Sack Jose Mourinho - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Real Madrid Sack Jose Mourinho (577 Views)

Real Madrid Sack Jose Mourinho / Jose Mourinho To Leave Real Madrid By Mutual Consent / Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Real Madrid Sack Jose Mourinho by nas4q(m): 7:35pm On May 20, 2013
Real Madrid have announced that head coach
Jose Mourinho will leave the club at the end of
the season after three years in charge of the
Spanish giants. President Florentino Perez revealed the decision at
a packed news conference. Mourinho, 50, who has been linked with a return to Chelsea, won the league and Copa del Rey at Madrid. "We've decided to bring our relationship to an
end," said Perez. "Nobody's been sacked, it's a
mutual agreement." Real are currently 13 points behind Barcelona in the league and were beaten by city rivals Atletico in the Spanish Cup final last Friday. They also lost in the semi-finals of the Champions
League in each of their three seasons under
Mourinho. "The club and manager agree the timing is right to
bring our relationship to an end," Perez added. "On behalf of the board of directors, I would like to
thank Jose Mourinho for all his hard work. "The team has improved in his three years and we
wish him all the best." Real had not won a trophy in the two years
preceding Mourinho's appointment. His deal was scheduled to run until 2016 after he
had signed a contract extension following last season's La Liga success. An agreement has been made on his exit now
though, with fellow former Chelsea boss Carlo
Ancelotti tipped to replace him after he expressed his desire to make the switch to the Bernabeu. But Perez denied a replacement had been lined up
to take over from Mourinho. "We have no pre-contract signed with any
managerial candidate," he said. "It's something we'll have to look at in the coming
days." Paris St-Germain head coach Ancelotti, 53, had earlier said: "I've asked to leave and I am waiting
for their answer." But the Ligue 1 champions' Qatari president Nasser
al-Khelaifi said: "He [Ancelotti] asked to depart for
Real Madrid. It is not possible because he has a
contract for one year more, so that is our decision." Real have only two league games left to play this season,(external) with Mourinho set to be in charge as he takes his
team to the Basque region to face Champions
League hopefuls Real Sociedad on Sunday, before
ending the campaign with the visit of relegation-
threatened Osasuna on 1 June. It is his failure to win any trophies this season
which appears to have accelerated his departure
from Madrid - the Portuguese labelling this season "the worst of my career". Former Benfica, Uniao de Leiria and Porto boss
Mourinho left Inter Milan for Real in 2010 after guiding the Italians to the Champions League
crown, replacing Manuel Pellegrini as manager. He finished second in La Liga in his first season -
four points behind Barcelona - but won the title a year later, amassing a record 100 points in the process.(external) However, this season Mourinho has cast a sulky
figure, arguing with established players such as Iker Casillas, Sergio Ramos and Pepe, while Barcelona sauntered to the title. In this season's Copa del Rey final defeat by
neighbours Atletico, Mourinho was sent from the
dugout for protesting a referee's decision while, in
April, his side were ruthlessly outclassed by Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League. Following that exit, he hinted at a return to Chelsea. "I know in England I am loved," he said. "I know I
am loved by some clubs, especially one." Mourinho won two consecutive Premier League
titles during his three-year spell at Chelsea, which ended in September 2007, also lifting the League Cup twice and the FA Cup once. During his tenure at Stamford Bridge, Mourinho
won 124 of his 185 games in charge - including a
60-game unbeaten run at home in the league.
Re: Real Madrid Sack Jose Mourinho by mukina2: 9:01pm On May 20, 2013

(1)

Manchester United Open Talks With Everton Over £23.5m Marouane Fellaini / What's With Spurs Fans And The Adebayor/assou-ekkoto Hate? / Visit Our Website And Enjoy All Benefits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.