Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Nigerian Citizens And Future Must Be Protected! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Citizens And Future Must Be Protected! (749 Views)

U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja / Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? / A Thread For Kwara State Citizens And Inhabitants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Citizens And Future Must Be Protected! by BigB11(m): 6:18pm On Apr 24, 2008
We are running around inviting and signing major contracts with China and others; I just hope that our leaders are smart enough not to sign away our revenues, power and future, all for the sake of developing our nation.
While Nigerian university graduates are walking around the country jobless or being slave drivers in other countries, it has also been confirmed that the Chinese and others plan to mostly use their own resources (human labor) to accomplish their contractual obligations in Nigeria. I hope this is incorrect, we must stay away from making mistakes that will eventually hunt us down for many years to come.

FYI: China and India have abundance of people or populations of extreme poverty (not that much different from our own population). These folks are desperate and willing to take extreme measures to survive with the backing of their countries.
If we are not careful, at some point, these same folks will not hesitate to makeup an excuse to grab what is rightfully not theirs. And we would only have ourselves to blame when this happens.

Please, keep in mind that I'm not trying to send a message of hate or to denounce the projects that are being implemented by the foreigners in Nigeria; all I'm saying is for our leaders to be prudent and ensure that we are not feeding a poisonous snake as a pet.

Furthermore, I also think that it's very important for African leaders (especially the ones that are blessed with natural resources) to quickly realize that as things continue to get difficult all across the world, many blood suckers are targeting Africa.
African continent is weak and being viewed as a large pie that is widely open to be grabbed. They are dreaming, plotting and scheming on how to cut it up. This is also one of the main reasons why political and social crises in Africa are intentionally being ignored. All it takes is another African zomby to sell us at a very cheap price!
We must wake up, become our brother's keeper and quickly discover the enormous priceless value of African continent.

Yes, it (African continent) isn't glamorous, but it is absolutely true that "You do not know what you have till is gone"

May God bless Africa with real leaders with wisdom!
Re: Nigerian Citizens And Future Must Be Protected! by darren20(m): 6:44pm On Apr 24, 2008
Do you really believe that this so call ''rulers''really cares?what they care about is the kickback from the contracts,nothing more or less,the truth is they're just signing Nigeria's future away,it's a pity!
Re: Nigerian Citizens And Future Must Be Protected! by Colonia(m): 8:24pm On Apr 24, 2008
its about time we all wake up and smell the coffee. i agree with you BIG B1 , we need to wake up and not sell our children future . Bunch of technicians from foreign countries come to Nigeria to become respected engineers. we need to redirect our energy onto something that will prosper the country. Do you ever wonder why the united states have not reached an agreement regarding immigration? go figure, once you allow others to dictate the economic strenght you will have to dance to their tune for ever. The Nigerian government can actually utilize lots and lots of opportunities that we have , by inviting foreign workers to work ALONGSIDE Nigerian counterparts. Not just kissing up to anybody light skin.( Oyinbo mentality). We should empower ourselves to be independent and be able to mingle with anybody oyinbo or no oyinbo. There are many highly skilled Nigerians all over the world that are just wasting away. I am not a racist but we should not be a second class citizen in our own country. Nigeria is ours , we cannot claim UK , US even if you have their honorary citizenship. Lets keep it real you will always be a foreigner elsewhere
Re: Nigerian Citizens And Future Must Be Protected! by naijaway(m): 11:26pm On Apr 24, 2008
mehn, u guys said it all. The visions from Nigeria's leaders are really insane.

(1) (Reply)

Www.sosorhobia.com. / Motivational Word / Lets Join Hands Together To Reach Vision 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.