Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,192 members, 7,811,498 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

Remedy To Ease Drunkenness. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Remedy To Ease Drunkenness. (19330 Views)

Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour / Remedy To Ease Drunkenness. / How To Ease Back Pain During Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remedy To Ease Drunkenness. by jeffizy(m): 6:17am On May 21, 2013
This is a follow up to a funny and trending thread about getting drunk.
But after finding out how many people,i inclusive,have had at least 1 experience to share, i decided to pull a solution from online to help us solve the problem.
Enjoy it , but moderation should be the key.

Your body will become dehydrated after a night of drinking alcohol. The alcohol will effect your motor skills and your thought processes. If you need to go to work or need to accomplish a task, it is best to wait until the alcohol is out of your system and there are no lasting effects. There are a few things you can do to speed up the process.

[b] Water

Alcohol has the ability to dehydrate your body, which leads to fatigue and a headache as the day goes on. Rehydrate your body with water or electrolyte drinks. Do not drink soda or coffee, since these both can dehydrate your body further

Exercise or Movement

Rather than go to sleep you can get up and take a walk. The fresh air and exercise will help awaken your body and senses. Though it will not sober you up, when your body is more alert, the effects of drunkenness are less hindering.

Food

Another cure for being drunk is to eat food, particularly carbohydrates. Carbohydrate-rich foods such as bread or pasta will help provide your body with energy. It is a myth that bread will soak up the alcohol in your stomach and make you less drunk.

Shower

A cool shower can also help awaken your senses and make your body feel better. Though this will not sober you up right away, it can help the body feel more refreshed.

Don'ts

Do not make yourself throw up to help sober you up. This is unhealthy for your body and does not sober you up any faster.Do not continue to drink if you are already drunk. [/b]
Re: Remedy To Ease Drunkenness. by jeffizy(m): 6:51am On May 21, 2013
I have my own particular remedy ,which is taking a lot of oranges or pea-nuts.

Someone else has a unique but gross method too.
He said wiping his face with sweat from his armpit does the trick for him!

A lot of remedies exists. Kindly drop yours.
Re: Remedy To Ease Drunkenness. by slimyem: 8:33am On May 21, 2013
Nor be person wey normal go remember to chop food or do all these other things to ease drunkenness?
Except there's someone around to babysit you as soon as its obvious you've crossed,this can't work IMO.
Shayo na complete bastard and you know it.tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remedy To Ease Drunkenness. by slimyem: 8:39am On May 21, 2013
jeffizy: I have my own particular remedy ,which is taking a lot of oranges or pea-nuts.
you sure say you dey always remember abi you dey carry pea-nuts everywhere you know there's a chance to get high?

Someone else has a unique but gross method too.
He said wiping his face with sweat from his armpit does the trick for him!
Ewwwww!

A lot of remedies exists. Kindly drop yours.
I have no remedy but I have a precaution.I don't drink except I'm sure there's somebody around who has my back and can get me home safe just in case I lose myself.cheesy;P
Re: Remedy To Ease Drunkenness. by jeffizy(m): 4:41pm On May 21, 2013
@Slim ,That's funny but true.
Maybe the post will only serve the people on the 'high' side. Or , it may be handy for the sober friend. grin

As for me and my peanut therapy, i keep a little bottle handy cos i know occasions where i can afford to let go through the cans. grin
Re: Remedy To Ease Drunkenness. by greatgod2012(f): 7:20pm On May 27, 2013
In my own opinion, drinking alcohol should not be encouraged at all, not to talk of getting drunk.

May God help us all.
Re: Remedy To Ease Drunkenness. by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 28, 2013
greatgod2012: In my own opinion, drinking alcohol should not be encouraged at all, not to talk of getting drunk.

May God help us all.

Try tipsy sex,you ll like it tongue

1 Like

Re: Remedy To Ease Drunkenness. by jeffizy(m): 8:28pm On May 28, 2013
byvan:

Try tipsy sex,you ll like it tongue
my hand no dey ooo. grin grin
Re: Remedy To Ease Drunkenness. by Nobody: 9:05am On May 29, 2013
I want to ask God to help me, because I need lots of it grin grin
Re: Remedy To Ease Drunkenness. by sophieLL(f): 10:37am On May 29, 2013
I have my own particular remedy, milk works for me. It would be very uncomfortable after drunk and that why I don't like it.
Re: Remedy To Ease Drunkenness. by jeffizy(m): 2:12am On May 31, 2013
sophieLL: I have my own particular remedy, milk works for me. It would be very uncomfortable after drunk and that why I don't like it.
That's like paying for going over-board. cheesy

But if it works for you, that is good.
Re: Remedy To Ease Drunkenness. by menix(m): 8:45am On Jun 01, 2013
Bitter Kola is d master of all remedy..
It comez handy...
Re: Remedy To Ease Drunkenness. by jeffizy(m): 3:16pm On Jun 02, 2013
menix: Bitter Kola is d master of all remedy..
It comez handy...
;
on point.
Re: Remedy To Ease Drunkenness. by fullz: 4:20pm On Nov 06, 2016
always keep groundnut handy

(1) (Reply)

JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG / Man Who Underwent Mistaken Brain Surgery At Kenyan Hospital Discharged / 52 Passengers On A Flight From India To Hong Kong Test Positive For COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.