Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,253 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

How To Ease Back Pain During Pregnancy - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Ease Back Pain During Pregnancy (5402 Views)

Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy / Remedy To Ease Drunkenness. / How Can I Help Stop Pain During Love Making. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Ease Back Pain During Pregnancy by piplord1(m): 12:49am On May 05, 2009
While you're pregnant, all that extra weight can lead to significant back pain.

The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists offers these suggestions to help prevent or relieve that pain in your back:

Avoid completely flat or high-heeled shoes; something in between with a low heel and supportive arch is best.
Don't lift heavy objects by yourself.
If you have to be on your feet for a long time, prop up one foot on a stepstool or stair.
Sleep on a firm mattress or place a board between the mattress and box spring.
Bend at your knees rather than at the waist.
Place a small pillow behind your lower back when sitting in a chair, or use a chair with a lot of back support.
Sleep on your side, and place pillows between your legs.
Gently massage your lower back, or apply a heating pad or ice pack.
Re: How To Ease Back Pain During Pregnancy by fisician(m): 3:40pm On May 05, 2009
The first thing to tackle is dieting. There is a plethora of information out there on dieting, each saying their method is superior. However we need to keep it simple. The first thing to do is to consume more water. This has a few benefits, one of them being to tame your appetite so you're not so hungry all the time. If it's difficult for you to walk around with a bottle of fresh water, a good method is to drink water as an alternative to your favorite beverage.

The next part of the simple diet plan is to eat more fruits and vegetables, and cut down on anything containing trans fats or is high in sugar or salt. Never go to excess though, the aim is to lose around 1 to 2 pounds of weight per week, nothing more.

As for exercise, this will depend on your personal circumstances. If your back is not giving you too much trouble at the moment, it's a good idea to start with around 20 minutes of aerobics at least three times per week. This can also be supplemented by doing some form of weight training in the days in between. How does this benefit back pain? Simple, if you have a strong pair of legs, torso and core, you're going to be far more able to do day-to-day activities without the danger of the back pain or injury returning, giving you the extra benefits of more muscle mass, adding support for your back and spine.

Source: [center]www.back-pain-solution..com[/center]
Re: How To Ease Back Pain During Pregnancy by AmAlone: 6:23pm On May 05, 2009
hmmmmmm cheesy
Its all good. . .
Re: How To Ease Back Pain During Pregnancy by Makavelis(m): 8:03pm On May 05, 2009
grin grin meeeeeennnnnn
Re: How To Ease Back Pain During Pregnancy by tpiah: 8:30pm On May 05, 2009
thank you smiley
Re: How To Ease Back Pain During Pregnancy by Outstrip(f): 8:46pm On May 05, 2009
fisician I am wondering were you got the info about exercising including weights. I have always assumed that it is a no no for a woman to do any exercise that she did not do before she got pregnant. Correct me if I am wrong?? I am just asking cause it would be dangerous for a woman who did little or no exercise before pregnancy to now start doing 3 days of aerobics including weights when she is pregnant. I think your tips are great for women who are not pregnant or for people who were very active before pregnancy

PipLord I agree especially with the pillow between your legs part. I started physical therapy for my back when I was around 4 months pregnant with my 2nd. All the exercises I was told to do involved arching my back in one way or the other and always sleeping with a pillow between my legs. Good tips.
Re: How To Ease Back Pain During Pregnancy by tpiah: 4:26am On May 06, 2009
Outstrip:

fisician I am wondering were you got the info about exercising including weights. I have always assumed that it is a no no for a woman to do any exercise that she did not do before she got pregnant. Correct me if I am wrong?? I am just asking cause it would be dangerous for a woman who did little or no exercise before pregnancy to now start doing 3 days of aerobics including weights when she is pregnant. I think your tips are great for women who are not pregnant or for people who were very active before pregnancy

PipLord I agree especially with the pillow between your legs part. I started physical therapy for my back when I was around 4 months pregnant with my 2nd. All the exercises I was told to do involved arching my back in one way or the other and always sleeping with a pillow between my legs. Good tips.

good points.
Re: How To Ease Back Pain During Pregnancy by FBS: 9:24am On May 06, 2009
weight exercises during pregnancy? shocked are you dreaming?
Re: How To Ease Back Pain During Pregnancy by Becomrrich: 6:29pm On May 06, 2009
When I look at my children and knowing the pain she went thru it make me love her the more.

Happy mother day.

And happy mother day to every woman in Canada.
Re: How To Ease Back Pain During Pregnancy by Nobody: 1:29am On May 07, 2009
Use Cataflam.
Re: How To Ease Back Pain During Pregnancy by Outstrip(f): 2:13am On May 07, 2009
Is cataflam recommended for pregnant women
Re: How To Ease Back Pain During Pregnancy by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 07, 2009
Yes you can but not during late pregnancy. In either way go see your GP for advice.
Re: How To Ease Back Pain During Pregnancy by richking: 4:03pm On May 08, 2009
There are so many ways to ease back pain during pregnancy. some have been said on the post but for more details get the ebook titled pregnancy with ease by Dr. author young to get it you can call or sms your email to 08034199680
Re: How To Ease Back Pain During Pregnancy by Pepeye(f): 3:21pm On May 09, 2009
ummmmm really! intresting
Re: How To Ease Back Pain During Pregnancy by fisician(m): 11:58am On May 12, 2009
my error, I accidentally gave the write up out that was meant for a general back pain solution and not for a pregnant lady,

source: www.back-pain-solution..com
Re: How To Ease Back Pain During Pregnancy by Dondav(m): 4:16am On May 13, 2009
Go to a fire place, any where around fire. Sit down and warm your body for 1hr- 2hrs, it will relief you off your pains. smiley
Re: How To Ease Back Pain During Pregnancy by kakaya: 11:50am On May 14, 2009
Nice one PipLord & Fisician, i've taken note.
Re: How To Ease Back Pain During Pregnancy by Gurv: 2:45pm On Jan 17, 2012
My wife was suffering with the same problem and i was tensioned and searched alot on internet and i got back life and it work.I suggest you to try back life, it will definitely show you positive results.Trust me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.jdharris.co.uk/qfiber-heat-wrap
Re: How To Ease Back Pain During Pregnancy by wisdomkid: 12:00pm On Jul 22, 2014
It appears most women are facing this problems when pregnant, and yes, it can be resolved! You can use a pregnancy pillow to solve this issue, and i would recommend you try out one of the best pregnancy pillows for your healthiness and comforts too.

Why not try out the Leachco Back ‘N Belly Contoured Body Pillow or the leachco total body pillow

This information source is: www.bestpregnancymaternitypillows.com/
Re: How To Ease Back Pain During Pregnancy by hypertension(m): 3:09am On Feb 07, 2018
Dont be daunted.

i had this problem but thanks to this article

https://www.medplux.com/mid-upper-back-pain-during-pregnancy-first-second-third-trimester/
Re: How To Ease Back Pain During Pregnancy by Pregnancy(m): 2:49pm On Jan 17, 2019
The easiest way to get rid of back pain during maternity period is to use special anti-neck pain pillows

(1) (Reply)

How To Catch A Witch / Help I'm A One Minute Man! / Jigsimur Jigsimur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.