Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit (20355 Views)

See How Ahmadu Bello Greeted Queen Elizabeth On Her Visit 2 Nigeria In 1956(pic / Obama Africa Visit: Ignoring Nigeria Is America's Loss. / Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by ZeusI: 10:59am On May 21, 2013
Nigerian spirit does not allow masonic & gay elements.

2 Likes

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Josh316(m): 11:01am On May 21, 2013
It's all good! I mean, it's not by force that Obama must like us or visit us, the same way we mustn't like the US. We should open our doors WIDE enough for Russia and China as a defiant way of telling the US, "You don't care about us, we don't care about you". The Russians and Chinese might not be better but they sure give the Americans some palpitations grin
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by OCcool: 11:02am On May 21, 2013
If he decides not to visit Nigeria, who cares? As if his presence will affect the price of GARRI.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by chris365(m): 11:03am On May 21, 2013
Freiburger:
This simply shows the quality of education given to you by your failed government, It is so poor that you 're finding it difficult to understand the importance of a state visit from the pres of the most influential nation the world.

my guy na you no understand. It's just a state visit. It's not like he's coming to sign any form of agreement to boost trade or ties, it's just for him to come and sweet talk us and convince us that instead of Africa partnering with china, we should not forget them. But thats a battle the west have lost. All the little assistance america has been giving Nigeria from security to all is well paid for by the Nigerian government. Thats why Nigeria doesn't really turn to US for help. It's just our people with their mental slavery that think obama's visit will change anything for us. Or is he better than clinton? Obama wey Americans don tire for na him we dey cry for hia. Na wa for my people o
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by collynzo2(m): 11:06am On May 21, 2013
kamelonaire: I support him, just think of it corruption full every where our leader that will think dat they will deliver wen we hold them but they her the baba of this corruption, now u think obama will open is eyes and travel over he can because all this. The best solutn dat am thinking right now is dat GOD shld kill all our leader and make judge b4 they reach heaven, am sorry tu say dis but is true saying

Are the countries he has visited corruption free? Afghanistan and Myanmar are the 3rd and 5th most corrupt countries in the world respectively, Obama has visited them both. Nigeria is not even in the top 10, so what's your point?
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by esanland: 11:09am On May 21, 2013
Who cares, Obama na God? America they put food for your table. In South Africa blacks live in the shadow of white. America do not care about you but their selfish interest.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Localtrouble: 11:10am On May 21, 2013
shymexx:

Do you know the significance of state visit by your biggest ally?

It shows Obama doesn't rate both your president and your country despite being the biggest willing tools in that region.

Hush please! Obama visited Ghana in his 1st tenure..what economic significance has it added to your country? Does his visit automatically make visted countries part of the so called 'super powers'? They are just looking for new Countries to exploit..Nigeria is an old layer in that category, stop jumping at the simple announcement that he's visiting and even if he is it won't be announced cause of the security problems on ground!!

1 Like

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by ibrahimbabagana: 11:12am On May 21, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Source
how d hell do u xpect him 2 visit naija angry
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Melancholy(m): 11:13am On May 21, 2013
Nigeria is mini-heaven here on earth which obama can be smelling from afar but can never gain access.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by ibrahimbabagana: 11:14am On May 21, 2013
can i continue
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Klinee: 11:15am On May 21, 2013
Obama is idio* we don't need him here.he should get away.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by blackbeau1(f): 11:15am On May 21, 2013
what difference does it make to me? its not as though he will share money to the common citizens,once he gets to nigeria or abi,will we (the ordinary citizens) get to meet him? no. so,abegi,obama,if you like,come,if not,forget it.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by gerald2(m): 11:16am On May 21, 2013
Let him visit Kenya I don't care. Will his visit add more money to my Forex account
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by kamelonaire(m): 11:16am On May 21, 2013
collynzo2:

Are the countries he has visited corruption free? Afghanistan and Myanmar are the 3rd and 5th most corrupt countries in the world respectively, Obama has visited them both. Nigeria is not even in the top 10, so what's your point?
Well I know corruption full every country. but they did not expose it like nigeria own, WE ARE TU CORRUPT IN NIGERIA compared tu other country. Did u NO dat?
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Abel202: 11:16am On May 21, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Let's get this straight; a surprise visit is ALWAYS to rally troops fighting on foreign soil.

While I am the last person to start fawning over America's foreign policy, there is little doubt in my mind that a seasoned diplomat understands the subliminal message sent home here.

A snub is a snub is a snub, so it is clear you have simply dressed mutton up as lamb because of an inordinate amount of pride. Sometimes it is much easy to deal with the inconvenient truth, I think.

[b]
My dear, let's wait and see. You might still see the "Obama pays a surprise visit to Nigeria" headline very soon. But even if Obama actualy snubs Nigeria as you have insinuated here, that would be majorly for security reasons. Nigeria is facing a security challenge presently which the country is actualy tackling headlong as a Super Power without seeking troops assistance from any nation. America is helping Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan fight their terrorism. Mali, Somalia have troops from all over Africa helping them fight terrorism. Nigeria is fighting ours headlong and still we are a major troops contributor to most African flashpoint areas. That should make you realise the weight of Nigeria and our power.
If Obama fails to visit Nigeria, he can not claim that its because we are undemocratic or corruption is high as some ignorant people are posting here. Nigeria is a major player, a regional super power, as far as African and thereby World politics is concerned. Every American president knows that you can not ignore Nigeria if you realy intend to engage Africa. Unless the president wants to neglect Africa entirely.
Fact is that although I like Obama, but he does not respect Africa nor African leaders, and thats too naive of him.
Whenever Obama wants to invite an African leader to the white house, he invites 3 or 4 of them at a time. If he wants to visit, he visits 3 or 4 at a time and lectures on Democracy and good governance. But when it comes to Burma or Arab countries he forgets democracy and good governance.
Obama's assendancy to power is one of the greatest thing that has happened in this century, but truth be told, Obama does not show respect to Africa nor its leaders and that is stupiidity on his part.
Obama has no valid reason not to visit Kenya. He should visit Kenya.But ofcourse he might not visit there now because of his warped African foreign policy.
But whether Obama shows deserved respect to Nigeria or not, Nigeria still remains the giant of Africa.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Freiburger(m): 11:17am On May 21, 2013
Localtrouble:

Hush please! Obama visited Ghana in his 1st tenure..what economic significance has it added to your country? Does his visit automatically make visted countries part of the so called 'super powers'? They are just looking for new Countries to exploit..Nigeria is an old layer in that category, stop jumping at the simple announcement that he's visiting and even if he is it won't be announced cause of the security problems on ground!!
Wait untill Ghana starts deporting Nigerians in massive numbers, maybe then you can understand the economic significance.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by samsy5460(m): 11:18am On May 21, 2013
tomber: They will someday beg to visit...
What do we need his visit for in d first place
In your dream...
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by killuminati(m): 11:18am On May 21, 2013
Obama.... That's my nigga for reeeeaaaal!

Gej.......That's a p'u'ssy-a's's, bombaclaat, clueless-dull-a's's battybwoy!

Gunshot, Booyakah!
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by chris365(m): 11:19am On May 21, 2013
Why are y'all breaking a sweat cos obama aint coming to Ngeria? It's only when the chinese and russian presidents will visit Nigeria that i'll be happy cos those guys are ready to do business with you that will bebefit you and them. Unlike the west that will come here and sign rediculous agreements and cheat us of our resources and then pays us little back by calling it aid. Personally i dont see the importance of obamas visit. Just like hilary visited and nothing changed. He's just gonna come and give us one of his wonderful speeches that he's very good at. Abeg make una dey reason well
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by hod898(m): 11:19am On May 21, 2013
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Ess: 11:20am On May 21, 2013
Nairalanders and their stu.pidity..tomorow they will be praising US when it favours GEJ, but now see the nonsense being said about Obama just because they dont want to admit GEJ's failure is the cause of Obama avoiding Naija's soil.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Phonon: 11:21am On May 21, 2013
It's better he doesn't visit.Nigerian government with their penchant for profligacy and overkill.If he should visit,the whole Nigerian airspace might be shut down.A new committee will be set up for his visit and money would be borrowed from the World Bank to fund the said visit.In essence,more public funds would just be wasted and we stand to gain little or nothing from the visit.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by instaforexngr(m): 11:21am On May 21, 2013
If Obama and his wife Michelle does not visit Nigeria when they tour Africa,
then Jonathan and his wife, Patience should also not visit United States whenever the tour North America.

Chikena!
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by coretechng(m): 11:21am On May 21, 2013
macrosa: Is anyone blaming Obama for not visiting Nigeria. If you are Obama, will you visit a country Nigeria at a time like this when corruption and insecurity has taken control of everything. Obama please don't come else the kidnappers will kidnap you or the boko haram will bomb your plane. Your visit will incure much expenses for us while the citizens(the common ones) has nothing to eat.
grin grin grin grin

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by collynzo2(m): 11:22am On May 21, 2013
kamelonaire:
Well I know corruption full every country. but they did not expose it like nigeria own, WE ARE TU CORRUPT IN NIGERIA compared tu other country. Did u NO dat?

Those who did the ranking ranked those countries far higher than us in terms of corruption and he has visited them
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Mcdaniels2: 11:22am On May 21, 2013
Although, the country Nig. right now is passing through her hardest tyme, but what else do yopu expect from a Country where over 50 political parties are craving and urging for power?? Be that as it may, Barack Obama is not needed here, his evil presence will complicate things, let him go wherever he wishes, wot we need in Nigeria isa Light not Darkeness. I wish he could even come, so that, if the militant cant kidnap and drown him, @ least Boko Haram will blast his evil brain out of his head. Wink..
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Freiburger(m): 11:22am On May 21, 2013
instaforex ngr: If Obama and his wife Michelle does not visit Nigeria when they tour Africa,
then Jonathan and his wife, Patience should also not visit United States whenever the tour North America.

Chikena!
A fair deal. smiley
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by collynzo2(m): 11:25am On May 21, 2013
He isn't visiting us because we don't support his Devilish Gay propaganda, let's legalize gay activities in this country and Obama will visit the next day
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by ocelot2006(m): 11:27am On May 21, 2013
Freiburger:
A lot, in case you don't know, but unfortunately...

Care to explain? With all our current issues, the Nigerian economy's still growing, and Africa's 2nd largest economy's pegged to overtake South Africa's in a few years. So please tell the whole house what Obama's visit will bring. Afterall, we've had visits from previous POTUSs. Keep in mind that we have an ongoing counter-insurgency & counter-terror Op up north. We don't have the bloody time to babysit Obama.

1 Like

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by kamelonaire(m): 11:30am On May 21, 2013
collynzo2:

Those who did the ranking ranked those countries far higher than us in terms of corruption and he has visited them
I guess dat, but can we old hold hw leader accountability, can we stop dis?
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by klax(m): 11:32am On May 21, 2013
Guyz lets wait a minute pls maI ask Is it a must Obama must come to Nigeria? The Ghana he went to and begun talking blablabla what has his visit to Ghana do to common Ghanian?? What is the benefit of his visit to Nigeria do we need him for anything? And by the way who a hell is Obama in the first place??

When Clinton and Bush came to Nigeria was their no corruption then? The truth is some black race just wear that colour over their skin they are bloody pretending Hitler, so far so good his fathers Land Kenya how many time has this thing called Obama visit their?? This was a boloks who came to Ireland and said in public place full to the brim by people that I'm an Irish and right their in the crowd someone shouted back why cant you be once in your life be proud of your African origing but all the time yelling am Irish, that is black man for you but Clinton and Bush could pushed aside corruption yet visited Nigeria despite all odds but a black man(Obama) is the one now that all he cares about is to selecting where in African to go and not to go.

Sorry to say this Nigeria dont need his visit as a matter of fact he is a bloody dissappointment to Africa because I have not see what Obama or His administration has done for Africa till date so let him face South Africa as usual i'm not surprise. To be honest I dont really care who a hell is Obama. That is my own no offence.

1 Like

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Nobody: 11:33am On May 21, 2013
Localtrouble:

That's the problem with most of you; you're just too loud for your own good. So loud, yet so empty. It's a virus, the great Wole Soyinka, described as the "Nigerian Disease."

Anyway, what's there to further exploit in Nigeria, when the same country(America) has Nigeria on its choke-hold? Nigeria serves American interests before its national interests - that shows how much leverage America has in your country.

Your post shows that you don't understand international politics and the dynamics of "allyship" among allies. A state visit is a reassurance that; America is still down for/with you. And America will align with you, in case, you find yourself in troubled-waters/problems you can't solve on your own. The snub basically means; America doesn't want to be associated with Nigeria - despite Nigeria being its most willing-tool/submissive-servant in sub-saharan Africa.

Nigeria to America; is like that chic you smash everyday(behind closed doors), but don't want people to see with you in public. It's just disgraceful, to be honest. sad undecided

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Abdullahi Dikko Returns N1billion To FG / Edo PDP Resolves Crisis, Ogbeide-Ihama To Withdraw Case Against Obaseki / Fasheun, Adams, Dokubo Others Threaten To Sue NNPC Over Contract Termination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.