Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,037 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Ex-smokers, How Were You Able To Quit Smoking? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ex-smokers, How Were You Able To Quit Smoking? (711 Views)

Good News To Smokers!!! How To Purify Your Lungs In 72 Hours / Thread For Weed Smokers. / For The Smokers! How Much Do You Love Marijuana? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-smokers, How Were You Able To Quit Smoking? by meerkat(m): 11:14am On May 21, 2013
This thread is meant to encourage smokers to quit by sharing realistic stories on how we(Ex-smokers), were able to successfully quit. I'll go first.

I started active smoking in 1997 and was a chronic smoker through my University days. I could hardly sit for a 2hr lecture without sneaking out of the class to take 2 or 3 sticks of bazz.

When I finally wanted to quit due to its detrimental effects to my health, I found out I couldn't. Each time I light a stick, I tell my friends its gonna be my last, for where grin the addiction was so strong I had to give up trying.

Fast forward to early 2007, I got a job in a bank and started as a teller. As tellers don't leave their cubicle until around 4pm when the bank must have closed to customers, I resorted to having my fill of cigarettes before coming to work and after work. This kept on for a long while that I discovered that sometimes when I come back very late and worn out, I go strait to my bed and dozz off without smoking a stick. So naturally, the urge to quit came back again and this time I grabbed the opportunity.

I started reducing the number of cigarettes I smoke each morning before going to work and at times when I woke up late and am running late to work,I may not have time to smoke even one cigarette. And so it trailed off...until I finally stoped by late 2007.

Today am so allergic to cigarettes that when you see me complain about smokers around me, you won't believe I have ever smoked before.

Kindly share yours below to encourage smokers to quit.
MODs you can move this to FP for wider coverage lol. Let's save more souls. Thanks
Re: Ex-smokers, How Were You Able To Quit Smoking? by sheedy407(m): 11:25am On May 21, 2013
Via Pakistan network
Re: Ex-smokers, How Were You Able To Quit Smoking? by meerkat(m): 11:29am On May 21, 2013
How do you mean

sheedy407: Via Pakistan network
Re: Ex-smokers, How Were You Able To Quit Smoking? by Caracta(f): 11:30am On May 21, 2013
Wow! This is encouraging. I'm sooo happy for you. You made the right decision. I need to show this post to someone. I can imagine him saying, "abeg, na wash. It's impossible." Lol

Thanks for sharing OP. You don't know whose life this thread will change. wink
Re: Ex-smokers, How Were You Able To Quit Smoking? by meerkat(m): 11:36am On May 21, 2013
Please show it to as many people as you can. That's my purpose for bringing it here. And may God bless you as you do so. Tell that someone say no be wash. Lol

Caracta: Wow! This is encouraging. I'm sooo happy for you. You made the right decision. I need to show this post to someone. I can imagine him saying, "abeg, na wash. It's impossible." Lol

Thanks for sharing OP. You don't know whose life this thread will change. wink

1 Like

Re: Ex-smokers, How Were You Able To Quit Smoking? by sheedy407(m): 11:50am On May 21, 2013
Posted via Pakistan network
Re: Ex-smokers, How Were You Able To Quit Smoking? by meerkat(m): 10:52pm On Aug 11, 2013
Ex-smokers, we need your contributions here. Let us encourage active smokers to quit. @Caracta, did you show this piece to that someone? And what was the reaction/outcome?

(1) (Reply)

‘consumption Of Tiger Nuts Stimulates immune System’ / Giant Hornets Kill 41 People In China / Effect Of Frying Oil Before Adding Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.